Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

Because of the way my character is I have him worked out with a deck that only has cards that have appeared as common except I gave him 1 copy of 2 rares each. Yall tell me what you think.

Harpy Lady 1 x3
Harpy's baby pet dragon x3
Harpy Queen x1
Cyber Jarx3
Harpy Harpist x1

Spell
Elogant egotist x2
Harpy's Hunting Ground x3
Reload x3
Monster Reborn x3
Pot of Greed x3

Trap
Hystaric Party x3
Magic Jammer x3
Aqua Corus x3
Seven tools of the Bandit x3
Mirror Force x3

Darell's deck list is sort of neat. Easiest to look over since I know all of thr cards. Lol.

I'!! have more to say when I actually go through the Deck lists for real. I've been awake far too early and I should nap. Peace.

Sorry, I've been super busy setting stuff up for my house.

I shoulda said something, a 24 hour period without a peep about a group rp with lots of people in it can be kinda demotivating.

Should be able to get around to looking at our deck lists and putting mine up for scrutiny.
Anyone have any questions? Given I've gotten my wifi all hooked up, I can finally join you guys on DN xP

I'm hoping to start this once all the little things are taken care of.

S'alright, you said it would be a bit so I know to wait patiently. Still looking forward to when we start!

Same here!

Though Lilith, you're going to have a hard time in DN with monster reborn and cyber jar. DN doesn't allow banned cards as far as I know.

That'll stop you from playing it properly though because the duelling thing runs on actual card mechanics. That said, I think that banned cards are actually in there? Not sure...

EDIT: Confirmed, the banned cards are in the system, so you can put them in a deck, I would assume you need a custom game to use a deck with them in it but they're in there and can be put into a deck.

I am unfortunately that means I will be kinda breaking what I intended for him to do (staying pretty much all common) because I was using those cards to try and stay somewhat competitive.

That's a fair point, but the system works for literally everyone else. You'll most likely end up unable to play out any duels rather than forcing everyone else to change.

Okay let's try this list.

Harpie 1 3x
Harpie Dancer 3x
Harpie Channeler 3x
Harpie Queen 3x
Harpie Harpist 3x
Harpie's Baby pet dragon 3x

Hysteric Sign 3x
Harpie's Hunting Ground 3x
Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation 2x
Elegant Egotist 3x

Call of the Haunted 2x
Hysteric Party 3x
Magic Jammer 2x
Seven tools of the bandit 2x
Torrential Tribute 1x
Fiendish Chains 2x

Side deck
(none he spent all his spare money on the extra cards he may build a side deck eventually, from his winnings, but I will hold on to this handicap I gave him for now.)

Okay so since this one will work on the system we will be playing with now yall can tell me what you think and also how it might be improved some since I have taken my self-induced commons only rule out.

Oh and I realize it worked for literally everyone else since literally, everyone else took whatever cards were most powerful and decided not to worry about how much that might cost them in this sort of society. Literally, everyone else is starting off as inordinately wealthy in order to have their decks in this dystopian society and I was literally trying to do something different literally thinking about how my character would deal with the world.

Looks alright to me, I can't speak as to its efficacy though.

Oh and no? I picked Red Eyes because even after years of support it's still considered completely non-viable for anything above local play. It's the kinda card people might keep for fun but not the kind most people would make a serious deck out of. Sure it's rare, but it's also mostly unused, so people wouldn't charge much for it.

As for the others, one is a well-liked prodigy and the other is outright stated to be filthy rich, so they could afford their cards in character most likely.

Here's mine:

"A Girl's Best Friend"

Monsters:
1x Rainbow Dragon
3x Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus
2x Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth
2x Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger
1x Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle
2x Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat
1x Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise
2x Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle
2x Summoner Monk
1x Nova Summoner

Spells:
2x Crystal Promise
3x Crystal Blessing
2x Crystal Abundance
2x Crystal Beacon
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Over the Rainbow
2x Crystal Release
1x Advanced Dark
3x Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins

Traps:
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Rainbow Gravity
2x Crystal Hoard

Yoooo

Crystal Beasts deck XD love those.
I'll give it a finer look when I look up the others's =P
But as for right now (Minus a finetoothcomblookover) I think it's going to be good!

lilithsboy said:
Oh and I realize it worked for literally everyone else since literally, everyone else took whatever cards were most powerful and decided not to worry about how much that might cost them in this sort of society. Literally, everyone else is starting off as inordinately wealthy in order to have their decks in this dystopian society and I was literally trying to do something different literally thinking about how my character would deal with the world.
My guy's lived most of his life as a criminal element, and he practically stole all of the cards in his deck. A few he won in 'ante rule' Duels, but yeah....He either did smash and grabs or stoke them from Duelists in the Tops.

Just a fun fact

Razgriz said:
lilithsboy said:
ist.of hullved most of his life as a criminal element, and he practically stole all of the cards in his deck. A few he won in 'ante rule' Duels, but yeah....He either did smash and grabs or stoke them from Duelists in the Tops.

Just a fun fact
And my character doesn't have family money to speak of.
He left home alone and with nothing.

He's getting his deck for selling his soul. 'Whatever cards were most powerful' Literally only Wiki did that. Literally only wiki.

I'm looking at decklists again XD
I'll make some progress tonight~ Given it's just me, youtube, some sexy gifs, and this forum.

Also for me at least I tried to make my character and deck represent each other a little. Since I can't have a show-style deck with lots of one-off monsters and stuff, I did the next best thing by trying to make them match each other in personality. I always liked the Red Eyes as a signature monster for the deck because it's my favorite monster in the game but in making my entire deck about Red Eyes, I made it represent Satsuki a little. Red Eyes is powerful as monsters go, but no matter how hard it tries, it will never be Blue Eyes, and that's sort of where my character is right now. She's strong, but even when you play your hand to the fullest there's only so much you can do when your deck is missing it's aces.

Much like how character decks changed over the course of the show, I'll probably update Satsuki's deck if we make it to the end of season one, either by adding some new cards in or by changing it out entirely to represent her changing character and the trials she's overcome.

mine is simple a bunch of cheap cards he found and put on together then he bought the most expensive ones with the job his dad gave him :p

BadAnime said:
Nia's thought process regarding her deck:

"Ooooh, shinny!"

:3

Hehe, nice. Sometimes it works though.

Anyone seen the movie, I was thinking about maybe making an evil character using the same deck, cubics. And I know two of the most basic combos to getting the fusion out XD

Wouldn't that deck be past the permitted time frame for our cards though? The movie only came out recently...

At least, if you're talking about the most recent movie. There've been quite a few...

It would, considering they came out in early 2016

Back
Top Bottom