Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Unexpected Romance [Xanatos and Sigr]

Austin was sprawled out on his bed, wearing only a pair of shorts, as he busied himself with his phone. Sure he was nervous about the date, but true worry hadn't dawned on him yet. They'd only been gone a short while, after all. His room was almost perfectly neat, save for a small pile of laundry by the door. A twin bed, a bookcase, a desk with a lamp and computer, and finally a tv and his video games. When the door opened, the athletic boy didn't look up at first, having assumed it was his mother. "Hey mom, what's up?" He looked over at the door, a surprised expression.

"Oh, hey Alex! I wasn't expecting you!" He sat up straight with a groan, reaching for a shirt. "Sorry, just met me cover up quick." He tugged the simple white tee over his head, allowing it to cover his toned physique. "You already missed Sarah, but you probably knew that. So, uh, what's up?" He was a little flustered, both by the surprise visit and nerves relating to Sarah.

Alex barged into Austin's room and as soon as she did so a very basic idea crossed her mind. Austin was hot as hell, that much was obvious to anyone, but there was something more about the situation. Being athletic people, it wasn't uncommon to see the guys without a shirt and Alex had seen Austin like that many times. But the context was all, he was distracted until she barged in, so much that he even thought she was his mother, and he was on his bedroom. Alone. She knew better than to go around wandering into a room without knocking, as once she had stumbled upon Mike relieving himself, something that mortified both of them and was never talked after it. At least it served to see that Alex only liked Mike as a brother and nothing more, as she didn't think about him that way, but even if it had been a couple of years ago, they never talked about that moment even joking. It wasn't like she minded, not anymore, not after this past summer, but she didn't want to embarrass Mike talking about that moment even as a joke.

"Nope! Not mom!" she said with a playful smile. Austin excused himself about his outfit and grabbed a shirt, but only received a shrug for answer, as Alex didn't care. In fact she enjoyed it, but she had just barged in his room so even she knew better than to say so. The idea of being alone with Austin had been wandering her mind for days, if not weeks if she was honest, but with everything around them it never seemed the right time to do so. Maybe old Alex would have waited and waited and waited, but not the one that was there in a boy's room that wasn't Mike's for the first time. It was true that with the short time he had lived in her parent's house things had been close, but it seemed that not in the way she would like. Maybe Austin didn't like her, but there was no way of knowing if she wasn't forward.

"I though of hopping by, Mike and Sarah can't the only ones that have fun" Alex explained, circling around Austin and checking his room. Alex was wearing some white shorts for running that showed her tanned and fit legs, paired with a white sleeveless t-shirt that basically dangled from her, only sticking to her form around her breasts. Letting herself fall on Austin's bed, she bounced, sitting down afterwards. With her nonchalant movements, the set of red sport underwear she was wearing could be see, but it wasn't much different that what she wore when running track. "Nice room" she commented, nodding appreciatively.

"So" Alex looked up to Austin, sitting so far into his bed that her legs dangled playful over the edge. "Games? A movie?" she asked, even if her plans didn't exactly care for any of those.

Austin had spent so much of his young adult life looking after his twin sibling, that he had managed to forget, even now, to look out for himself. In fact, he was so clueless as to his own surroundings that he hadn't even given any thought to the possibility that Alex was attracted to him. He was attracted to her, in a way that seemed almost unavoidable. Not that he knew it for certain. They spent so much time together, they were both competitive athletes and managed to challenge each other in many ways. It seemed almost everything was a potential competition. Beyond attraction, there was something else. He was a bit intimidated. Alex was by now means feminine in her behavior or presentation. She was also fiercely independent and forward. He wouldn't have any idea how to actual approach her.

"Yeah, totally!" He gave a quick nod. As she flopped back onto his bed, he looked back at her with a laugh. His eyes wandered briefly, only to quickly correct themselves when he saw the briefest glance of her underwear. "Uh, yeah. I was thinking about watching a movie until Sarah got home. You're welcome to hang out." Not that she needed to hear it, as she had already established that she would be hanging out with him. "Games would be cool too. In fact..." He gave a nod, reaching over to power on the console his sister had gifted him. "Sarah doesn't really play with me, I could use a few good matches at something." He held out the spare controller, with a grin. Of course, Austin had a bit of everything. Shooters, fighting games, racing games, even a couple sports games.

Alex smiled, bouncing a bit when Austin sat on his bed beside her without putting an awkward distance between them, not noticing his furtive stares. It was true that they were close, even before Alex was aware of liking him that way, but that only made her wonder how did Austin see her to cause such comfort. Did he like her and wanted more the same as her? Or did he saw her like "one of the guys" to be friends with? Did the time living under the same roof cause him to see her like family? There was no use wondering, as the only way she would know more about Austin's feelings towards her would be by asking. During summer she had learned that lesson well enough, maybe she could tell the story to Sarah some day as she already knew part of it. There was no reason for Alex to be all brave and forward in everything but love, as that would lead her nowhere.

Even then, Alex could be bold, but not stupid. She wasn't going to just barge into Austin's room and ask him out of the blue. "You and me, I don't have one of those at home" she commented, as she lacked a game console like she had. Alex's family was humble, but they didn't even think about taking the Mayes in twice, as they were those kind of generous people that didn't crave more than they needed. That lead to some awkward moments from time to time, but it seemed that the universe had its own way of paying for their generosity as Austin had gifted Alex the bike she used as he just met her. Wait, did that mean that Austin did like her from the start? Alex doubted so, it was probably just him being the good boy she liked, nothing more.

"Let me see what do you have..." Alex said, reaching in all fours over Austin to take a peek at the game cases, since they were closer to him. Once again it wasn't the kind of touching and brushing they were strangers to, as they had their moments while playing sports or just fooling in the pool, but the context of being alone in his room on top of his bed made things a bit weirder. Even if Alex was aware of that fact, she didn't care, just wanted to pick up some fighting game to release tension and have fun, and if in the meantime Austin had his share of fun all the better. That way he would probably answer better to her advances. "How about this one?" she said, holding one fighting game on her hand, looking for a nod before returning to her spot.

The closeness wasn't new, though the circumstances certainly made it feel that way. In truth, Austin had spent so much of his early teens worrying over Sarah and taking care of her, that he had no idea what to do now that she was on the road to recovery. He had no idea how to conduct himself or even how to focus on his own wants and needs. A fact that made him utterly clueless and unaware as to the interest of others in him.

As she reached over him to look through the games he sucked in a breath. It was so strange. They had played sports, swam together, and other normal activities, what about this time made it feel different? Was it being alone without Mike and Sarah? Was it being in his bedroom of all places? "Yeah, that one looks great!" He quickly responded, putting the disc in the console and settling back on the edge of his bed.

Playing games with Alex felt natural and comfortable. Almost so much so that he scarcely noticed himself almost leaning against her, their arms and hips brushing together every now again as they shifted. It was easy to get caught up inngaming and joking with Alex, enough so that he started to lose track of the time.

Calling Alex's intentions a plan was to flatter the girl's ability to think things beforehand, so as much it was just an approximation, a conjecture of what could happen there. With such flimsy guesstimate it wasn't a surprise that the active girl soon forgot about what she was doing there, as she got into the gaming so much that once again the situation was back to their usual. Jokes, taunts and challenges echoed in the room in a tone of healthy competition, as they tried to beat one another in that virtual fighting stage. As the night progressed and both lost track of time, the occasional brushing and bumping into each other helped Alex to remember what she was doing there.

"Oh, we are tied" Alex noticed, as the game tracked the score of their matches, prompting an idea from her. "Get ready Austin, I'm going to beat you in this final bout!" she said as they selected characters and a stage. "And then I'll get the prize!" she added, mischievous. As she noticed the questioning look on him, Alex stuck out her tongue childishly. "It's a secret! But if you beat me I'll give you whatever you want!" the girl said, her voice still carrying her usual energy, but sounding a bit lower, intimate. Alex didn't like to lose, even if it was a friendly videogame match that sort of played into her awkward plans, so she did her best at the fight.

And yet she lost.

It wasn't exactly how she envisioned it, but a promise was a promise, so she awaited to see how Austin reacted to his own victory. "Yes, yes, you won..." she said, sounding grumpy even if she wasn't really mad, anticipation making her heart beat a bit faster. "What do you want, champion?" she asked, leaving the game pad aside and looking up to him. Alex wanted to know what was Austin going to do with that free pass she was giving him, but if the boy chickened away once more and treated her as a friend as he did on the birthday pool, she wasn't going to wait no more.

She was going to take the initiative.

"Hmm? Sure looks like it." He agreed, looking at the match counter. He looked at her puzzled as she mentioned a prize, his eyebrow raising as he questioned exactly what she had in mind. He gave a shrug after, assuming something simple like, he'd owe her a soda, or something like that. Still he put his all into that final match. "Get real! You're going down!" He wouldn't just let her roll over him in a tie breaker with a prize on the line! Whe n the match ended in his favor, as close as it always was, Austin through his arms in the air with with a cheerful pronouncement of victory. He settled back on the bed laughing as Alex feigned distress at her defeat.

At her question he looked over at her again. "Hmm? Oh I don't-" He cut himself off as he looked at the way she was looking at him. Her body language was completely different, let alone the different shine in her eyes. What was going on here? "Gosh, uh..." He rubbed the back of his head as he chuckled a little nervously. "I guess you could always get me a soda or something, you know? I'm not picky." He looked past her at the clock, noting how late it had become. Sarah wasn't home yet. "Is that the time?" He sat up quickly, looking around for his phone.

"A soda... or something..." Alex whispered in disbelief. The boy was clueless, wasn't he? He really couldn't read the mood, or if he could he was just too shy or deflecting due to lack of interest. Alex wasn't ready to keep wondering what it was, she wanted to know if there could be something more than friendship there or not. Before she could even talk, Austin noticed the time and quickly stopped paying attention to her, sitting on his bed in search of the phone. "I think I choose 'or something'" Alex said, scooting closer and using her agility to straddle his lap.

"Let them have some fun, Austin" Alex cooed, looking straight at him, gauging his reaction. Her toned arms rested on his broad shoulders, slowly but surely tightening the space he had to move without being forceful. She could just lean in, steal a kiss from him now that he had nowhere to go, but she wanted to be sure, she had to be sure. Alex shuffled in her position, closer, chest to chest as she approached Austin's face. "I like you, and not just as a friend" she just blurted. "What are you going to do about it?" she finished, her mouth left slightly open, inviting, as her eyes tried to read Austin's intentions on his.

In the time it took Alex to make her move Austin had already fired off two quick texts and had just started calling his sister. It was incredible just how fast an overprotective sibling's fingers could fly over a virtual keyboard. His eyes were glued to his phone before feeling weight in his lap, coupled by Alex striking a much different tone. "H-hey, Alex! Quit screwin' around, I have to-" He looked up at her in surprise, feeling himself held in place, albeit loosely while she leaned in against him. He stared in wide eyed silence as she finished speaking.

She was so close that Austin could feel her breath against his skin, a sensation that was new and confusing for the young teen. He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, wanting to speak but unsure of what to say. It was almost as if Alex being a girl had only truly just dawned on him. Much less the possibility of her being interested in him or vice-versa. There was a hesitant look in his eye, a fear of what this meant. If she was just fooling around than he would look like a colossal idiot for taking the bait, but if she was serious and he didn't, than he could end up hurting her. "Alex, I..." In all of this, he simply stared, not pulling away but not making a move either.

Austin struggled, focused on his phone, and once Alex was atop him and he finally seemed to get a clue about what was going on, she was incredibly close. In the silence of the room, as Austin had trouble processing what was going on, Alex could hear the tone of the unanswered call going out his phone, wishing for once that Sarah wouldn't pick up the call and gave him a chance to escape. "You what?" she asked, curious but also a hint angry. Was a romantic relationship with her so unbelievable that he couldn't even react to it? "A girl is sitting in your lap, a cute one even if a bit tomboyish if you ask me" she said, trying to push him into doing something. "If you don't know what to do in those situations, let me-" she finally decided, leaning in further and stealing a kiss from his open mouth.

It wasn't specially lewd not romantic either. It was awkward, somewhat desperate and a bit hungry, as Alex not only caressed his lips with hers but also nibbled at them before separating back. Her kissing practice was limited, and she didn't dare to give Austin even a bit of tongue yet to not scare the poor boy away, but Alex did her best. Finished, her arms rested on his broad shoulders and enveloped his neck, keeping him close as their bodies were still pressed together. It such proximity didn't make Austin clear that he had an athletic woman squeezed against him Alex didn't know what else she could do. "You were saying?" she asked once more for an answer, wanting something, anything that would break his clumsy silence.

Austin winced a bit when he detected Alex's subtle anger in her voice. Before he could formulate a response to her frustrated scolding she had already kissed him. Pressed so tightly together, her lips against his, he was acutely aware of everywhere their bodies met. His wide eyes stayed open as his hands desperately sought a home, awkwardly come to rest on her hips. Everything about this had come out of the blue for him, but he was suddenly very aware of how oblivious he had been. Even before Alex herself was aware, the subtle behaviors that hinted at her affections.

As she pulled back from the kiss, he swallowed back his hesitation, looking somehow simultaneously lovesick and guilty. Like his mother had just scolded him. "I... I'm sorry." He apologized slowly. "God, I'm sorry. I'm such an idiot." He sat still for another moment, his eyes glancing down at Alex's lips before meeting her gaze again. Her simultaneously hopeful, yet irritated, gaze borring into him. He leaned in then planting a soft and yielding kiss of his own, one that showed his blatant inexperience.

Alex feared for one moment that she had pushed Austin too hard, his face changed as he meekly said he was sorry, but she saw something else there. Did he like the kiss? Did he like her? "No, it's fine..." Alex voiced softly, trying to reassure him as her hands played with his hair, but she was still piercing him with her eyes as he almost seemed to avoid them. Without a warning, Austin leaned forward and gently kissed Alex, awkward but honest and passionate. She wasn't a kissing expert, her experience very, very limited, but it seemed that Austin was even more of a novice.

She didn't care.

The tomboy guided him, tilted her head when appropriate, and since his hands where in Alex's hips but hers were around his nape, she had an easier time keeping control of the situation. Austin may have finally initiated the kiss, but as he had jumped in, Alex was there to catch and guide him with the limited advantage she had experience wise. Now that she was corresponded, her mind was now aware of her position, Austin's strong hands on her hips, their chests pressed together. The whole idea embarrassed her, specially given that they were on his bed, but she wasn't going to stop what she had started when Austin had finally stepped in. If someone was to stop that kiss that was slowly drifting into a making out session as Alex's left hand went from Austin's hair to his back, it certainly wasn't the eager girl.

Austin's mind was swarming with all manner of thoughts as the kiss continued, Alex's subtle movements to help him making it deeper. He had never been kissed prior to this, much less initiated one himself. In some ways, it felt like he was tip toeing into his own independence for the first time. Making decisions independent of his role as a brother. Sarah didn't need a constant keeper any more. It was terrifying and exciting at the same time. Then there was their position and location. If his mother came in right now, or Sarah came home, it would be extremely embarrassing.

She crooked his own head to the side, his lips parting as he dared to experiment and tried to deepen the kiss further. His hands moved from her hips to wrap around her lower back, one sliding up to the middle, his fingers tracing her spine.

As Austin kept at it, he kept improving and the more absorbed Alex was into the moment. For every bold move he did, Alex took two, pushing her tongue inside his mouth, craving the intimate contact. The moment was pure fire, burning every idea of decency, any shred of shyness, any trace of common sense. It didn't matter where they were, if anything it made it all the more enticing. Feeling him partake, deepen their bond was wonderful, and would make Alex regret not pouncing on Austin sooner if she was even able to think of something that wasn't what she was just doing then and there. As Austin's strong hands moved just above her athletic buttocks and started caressing her spine Alex gasped into the kiss and went deeper.

Emboldened and aroused by his touch, Alex squirmed a bit and paid Austin with the same coin. Her hands were also caressing his back, but they did so venturing under his shirt. A couple of somewhat unsatisfactory moves later, Alex wanted more, and finally broke the kiss if only to somewhat forcefully and hastily remove Austin's shirt. There it was something she had seen tens if not hundreds of times, Austin's bare chest, and yet it wasn't the same. Recovering her breath Alex stared and blushed, the pause in the kiss giving her time to think, time for the awkwardness to settle in. In a blink of an eye, she removed her t-shirt too, fully revealing her red sports bra that had only been seen in glimpses before. It was once again nothing new, specially given her track attire or the tomboyish custom of rising the hem of her shirts to dry her sweat while practice, revealing her chest as well, but the situation was completely different.

There, straddling Austin, Alex paused, as even if she had made a couple of bold moves she didn't know how far would Austin want to go, not to mention that she didn't even have a clue at what her own desires were.

Austin stiffened momentarily as Alex's hands ventured under his shirt. Being a young teen, there was no avoiding how arousing this experience was. Obvious enough that he was sure Alex, sitting in his lap, would be aware of it as well. As his shirt was removed he blushed some, especially as Alex took a moment to admire him. He almost looked away for a moment, embarrassed by her gaze, but then she removed her own.

It wasn't a new sight. Alex delighted in showing off the fruits of her labor, as she deserved to. Hell, she'd just been strutting around his house and yard in a bikini. But this was different. So much more intimate.

In her moment of hesitation, he also paused. It was an uncertainty that he wasn't used to seeing in the otherwise confident young woman. He stared into her eyes for a moment before pulling her into a simple and caring hug. One hand rested on the middle of her back while the other stroked her hair. "It's okay, Alex. You don't have to push yourself for me." He whispered softly. "There's no rush."

Austin was incredibly hot, something that wasn't exactly news for Alex, but given a moment to appreciate him close out of an athletic contest and into an intimate one, the views made her tanned skin flush. As she met his eyes, she was caught unaware by a hug, a gentle and tender one that had her immobile, not knowing how to react. She felt his hand on the back, partly over her sport bra, and Alex leaned into the one stroking her hair, but it was his words what surprised her most. "Austin..." she said his name, a slightly different tone this time from the others before, surprisingly sweet on the tomboyish girl. "You are just too gentle, I didn't stop because I was afraid of pushing me" her hands enveloped his shirtless body, climbing to caress his hair. "I paused because even if I wasn't sure what to do, I didn't want to push you too far" she added.

"Even if you were oblivious... I shouldn't have pounced you" Alex admitted. It wasn't the same being proactive that assaulting him on his very bed. "I'm sorry if I was too aggressive, but it seemed like the only way I could reach you. You know me, I don't tend to do subtle" she apologized, even if she couldn't help but smile, happy that Austin kept worrying about her beyond what they were feeling for each other. "So..." Alex was still between the arms of the taller boy, resting against his chest, but she looked up to his face. "I guess that you like me this way too. For a moment I thought you just saw me as one of your male friends, that I was just one of the boys..." she admitted.

"Oh, Alex..." Austin was equally red as the reality of their situation settled in. He smiled, giving a nervous and quiet laugh. "No it's fine. I mean, it would be out of character if you weren't aggressive in all things you do. I probably needed you to be anyway. I have no idea how I didn't notice how you felt. I'm sorry." He kissed her forehead softly. "It's not like I just thought of you as one of the guys. I really didn't. I've just... Never been aware enough to even think about liking others if that makes sense. It just never occurred to me."

He sighed softly. "I spent so long trying to help Sarah and look out for her that... I guess I never really thought about who I am apart from her." He hugged her closer for a moment. "I do like you. A lot. I just... I hadn't realized it. I'm sorry that I was such an idiot."

"Mmh..." Alex mumbled in comfortable acceptance of both Austin's words and physical gestures like the tightening of his embrace or that cute forehead kiss. She felt nice and safe between his arms, pressed against that broad swimmer chest. "I think it's enough apologizing for today" she said, looking up to him. "I like this idiot, so he should stop worrying about things that don't matter" Alex added with a smile. "Also Sarah has a wonderful boyfriend and me to care about her, not to mention your mother, my parents and Mike's father" she addressed. "So live a little bit, will you?" she said, her friendly smile growing a bit naughty. "You have a beautiful girl in a bra between your arms after all, and yet you seem so distracted..." Alex teased him.

"I get that Sarah and Mike are on their first date, but since we all trust them we should stop worrying, right?" Alex said, knowing Austin well enough to understand that asking such a thing was asking for the impossible. "Worrying a little bit less at least?" she suggested. "I'd remove more clothes if that would serve to distract you from your sister, but I think I'm not ready yet and it would be a waste" Alex giggled, nervous. "So instead of thinking about what could have been, I'll let you call her to see if that way you are calmer" she said, reaching for Austin's phone without getting down from her straddling position, still hugging him, and handing the phone to him.

Austin knew Alex was right. He smiled sheepishly as she called him an idiot and told him to worry less. As she continued about the support network Sarah had now, and his need to worry less, he once more acknowledged her words as fact. As difficult to accept as they were. It was a role that had been ingrained in him for years. Reprogramming that would take some time. "I know. I'll do my best." He blushed a little brighter as Alex teased about stripping further. As much as the boy would love to see that, it was much too soon and not the right moment anyway. He accepted the phone with a small nod, dialing Sarah again and bringing it to his ear. In the time it took to get to Sarah's voicemail he would occasionally give Alex a quick peck. "Sarah, it's your brother. Don't want to spoil your fun, but it's getting late. Give me a call when you get this. Love you, bye." He set the phone down, turning his attention back to the girl in his lap.

Sometime later, Sarah and Mike were parked out front, both silently speculating as to what Alex was doing there. Sure, they were friends. But how often did the two of them get together apart from Sarah and Mike? She looked over at her boyfriend. Their lovely evening had to end sometime and they were both sufficiently curious about Alex's presence at the Mayes' home. "Guess we should head in, huh?"

"Such a good brother..." Alex said, admiring once more Austin's good natured heart, one of the things she liked about him even if it sometimes lead him to be too naive or oblivious. Not that Alex was particularly mature, experienced or jaded, but she liked that Austin was relatively innocent even after everything he had gone through, specially with his father. "I just want to be like this a little bit more" she said, not quite asking for permission as she just hugged him, turning her head aside so she could listen to his heartbeat. After a while, as Alex lost track of time while cuddling with Austin, both of them heard the door open downstairs. Suddenly conscious of her state of undress, Alex quickly grabbed her shirt and put it in the blink of an eye, while tossing Austin his so he would do the same.

Mike escorted Sarah inside her house, wondering if her mother was still around, already thinking that perhaps he should apologize for being a bit late, but the first sight as they went in were Alex and Austin getting downstairs, somewhat flustered. "I knew you were up to something, you couldn't resist the siren call of new videogames right?" Mike said with a smile, oblivious to what had been going on. "Sorry about the hour, we kinda lost the track of time..." he apologized, looking to Austin. The four friends were kind of odd, the situation a new one for them even if both couples didn't know what the other one had been doing, or even suspected it. Sarah's attentive eyes realized a detail that Mike missed though, as Alex was wearing her loose shirt inside out. It was just noticeable by the seams, a detail that everyone but Sarah had missed. What did Sarah think about that and what would do with the information was up to her though.

Austin was quick to dress and shutoff the game console and tv that had still been running, following Alex out of the room and back down the stairs to meet his truant sibling. He only offered a quick nod at Michael's apology. Austin knew he could trust Mike to look out for Sarah in his absence. Never, since a brief moment when they met, had Austin ever questioned Mike's motives or character. "It's cool. I'm just glad you two had a good time."

Sarah, meanwhile, was busy studying Alex. Even from where she stood, she could tell something was off. Seeing the seams of her shirt and her flustered appearance, she looked from her to Austin, and then back again. As everything clicked her eyes widened for a moment. She didn't say anything, but the knowing and semi-smug smirk she gave Alex said she knew what was up. This wasn't about new video games.

"Hey, me too" Mike said, earnest and oblivious, really wishing that Austin and Alex did have a good time, even if he wasn't aware of how much of a good time they had. Austin and Sarah were siblings, but Mike and Alex were really close as well and he always acted like a big brother to her, or at least most of the time. "I hope she didn't get all competitive and such, Alex hates losing..." he smirked, looking at her.

Alex meanwhile had been looking at Sarah since she was giving her some kind of strange smirk, one that even Alex understood what it meant. She knew, no idea how but she knew, it seemed that her artist friend had quite he insight, or so she thought at the moment. "Hey! Don't talk about me like I'm some kind of sore loser!" she protested, welcoming the distraction but still throwing a friendly punch to Mike's shoulder. "I just get excited- heated-" she stumbled upon words, but all of them seemed to have the wrong connotation in her mind. "I just like to win, that's it" she finally protested.

Mike thought nothing about Alex flustering like that, thinking that she definitely lost against Austin more than expected and she was still bummed due to videogames. "I had a wonderful date, Sarah" he said, returning his attention to his girlfriend. "But it's getting late" he leaned it to kiss her, a more chaste peck than expected, but with an audience it was all Mike dared to do. "I can get you home too" he said to Alex, "just throw the bike in the back" he shrugged, offering his friend a ride.

Alex's eyes first looked at the kiss between her friends, then she couldn't help but look at Austin and his lips. Should they make it public? They totally should, that wasn't much of a question, but Alex didn't want to make a move so soon without talking it with him, so she just tried to act normal. "Yeah, I'll accept a ride home" she shrugged, slowly returning to her casual self, feeling a bit more comfortable.

Still the only one in the know, Sarah couldn't help but giggle as Alex stumbled over her words. She was sure things started with video games, but that definitely isn't how it ended. She turned to face Mike when he spoke to her. Her smiled into his kiss, holding him close for a moment. "Me too." She grew a little softer then, whispering. "And uh... Sorry we didn't actually, you know." She kissed his cheek, looking back at the other two.

Austin was sort of in the same situation. Knowing they should say something, but not wanting to do it without talking to Alex first. "Yeah, guess It's about that time huh?"

Sarah walked over to Alex giving her a tight hug. "It was great to see you." While doing so, she gave the tag on Alex's shirt a little tug to bring her attention to it being inside out. "You should kiss your boyfriend goodnight." She whispered. "Otherwise he'll be up all night thinking about it." She pulled back with a smile and a wink.

Mike just smiled and shook his head lightly, letting Sarah know once more that it was fine, that just going out for dinner and bridge their distance a bit had been magical. She had been the bravest of the two accepting the fancy dinner with him, and Mike was glad that she had a great experience. He could notice that Sarah was acting amused by something, but he didn't know what was going on.

Alex took Sarah's hug in stride, trying to act normal as she knew that Sarah knew and didn't know what to do with it. As she felt the tug on her nape, Alex was finally aware of what gave her away, the hurry making her put the shirt inside out. Sarah's whispered recommendation and her good natured wink and smile reassured Alex. It was fine that they were together, there was nothing to be embarrassed about. Alex paused, thinking in the silence.

"Oh, fuck it" Alex suddenly blurted, quickly removing her t shirt and putting it back properly. As Mike looked confused by the scenario, she tiptoed to match Austin's height and landed a quick peck on his lips, returning to a neutral position afterwards. "We are a thing" she announced for Mike's sake, in case it wasn't clear enough, as the rest of the four friends were more than aware.

"Oh? Oh!" Mike understood and nodded emphatically. "I didn't... I never suspected..." his eyes wandered between them. "I'm so happy!" the good hearted Mike announced, pulling Austin and Alex into a hug with each one of his arms. His eyes went for Sarah though, as he lacked any more arms to pull her girlfriend too into that goofy improvised group hug so she would have to join it herself. "But wait, if your shirt was inside out..." Mike realized once the hug was over, making Alex blush to the misunderstood implications it could have.

Austin was taken by surprise by Alex's sudden action. He watched her fix her shirt, then blushed as she gave him a quick kiss. He cleared his throat, shifting awkwardly next to her. Before he could really add anything, Mike had closed the distance and hugged them both. "Ah... Ha ha... Thanks man."

Sarah happily went to the hug happily. "It's about time." She said with a smile, giving Alex a quick kiss on the cheek. She heard Mike's comment followed by both Alex and Austin looking properly flustered. "Mike, if they just decided they were a thing tonight, I'm sure nothing happened." She grew a little red herself. "B-besides, after tonight we shouldn't really be putting them on the spot, ya know?" It was embarrassing to admit to, but she figured it might at least even the playing field for Alex and Austin. They had all spent sometime experimenting that night and there was nothing wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom