..::Aᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ Sᴛᴀʀᴛs Hᴇʀᴇ::.. [Dᴀᴋᴇ21&Iʀᴏɴɪᴄ]

Ironic

𝐿𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹
Staff member
It had always been a rough life for Mirajane Strauss. In her younger years, her parents died unexpectedly and left her along with her two siblings, Elfma and Lisanna, alone to fend for themselves. Mira took on the role by herself to be both a mother and a father to her younger siblings, feeling the need to guide them and give them a decent with little they had. They managed to keep chugging along, doing small quests and jobs to earn money for food and to pay for a place to stay in.

At around the age of thirteen, Mirajane noticed the townspeople crying for help to defeat a demon that had taken over the town's church. The pay was good once the job was done and it was an opportunity that couldn't be passed. It was difficult to defeat the demon, but nonetheless she pulled through it and ceased its existence. She was praised and adored, however, being unaware of her magical abilities at the time, she took on some of the said creature's appearance. Her right hand was a nasty purple with long, branch-like fingers, and bright purple gem-like bumps coating the forearm. Despite all of her hard work to help the townspeople she was scorned away and caused her to believe that she was indeed the monster they proclaimed she was.

With no choice but to leave the town they all grew up in, the trio set foot with nowhere set in mind until they stumbled across the guild named Fairy Tail. Makarov took the group in, Mirajane quickly learning that she was not possessed. Later she agreed to join the guild along with her siblings. Despite this though, Mirajane still believed herself to be a monster, and attempted to leave Magnolia; however, she was stopped by Elfman and Lisanna, who had learned their own versions of Take-Over so that their older sister wouldn't be alone.
FairyTaleTag.png

Year x778

Mirajane sat in the guild hall, her hands resting on her cheek as her boredom set into overdrive. No one was in the guild and she was by herself with no one to pick on or tease.

"This stinks." The 13 year old muffled to herself as she huffed out a big puff of air. As if on cue, Erza Scarlet slammed through the door, making a grand entrance.

"Tch." Erza muttered under her breath at the sight of Mirajane, rolling her eyes before walking passed the satanic girl.

"What was that all about?!" Mirajane stood up from her seat with her palms planted on the wooden table. A small smirk could barley be seen from the girl. This was exactly what she wanted. To pick a fight.

"Oh, please. Don't act like you don't already know you bug me." Erza sassily eyed down Mira, her face expressionless and not amused. "Hey, where is everyone?"

"They probably ran away once you showed your ugly face." Mira giggled at her own joke, Erza not thinking it was all that funny as she confronted her.

"Excuse me?!" It was as if flames engulfed her, eyes roaring with a passion to strangle the damned brat.

"Please no fighting you two!" Said a small feminine voice as it soon shows it belongs to none other than Mira's younger sister, Lisanna Strauss, who was still at the guild along with her sister and brother.

"Yeah, remember last time you two fought each other." Said a bit small, but masculine voice which came from Elfman Strauss himself.

Both of the siblings were trying to calm down their sister and Erza Scarlet while soon other voices came around to speak their piece.

"What's going on here?" Said a small masculine voice along with another's.

"Are you two fighting again?" Said the other voice which revealed to belong to Gray Fullbuster while the first one belong to Natsu Dragneel.

"You two know Master doesn't want us to fight to keep fighting if we continue causing messes in the end." Lisanna said as she get between them both and try to reason with them.

Mira turned her hues onto her baby sister. She had a soft spot for Lisanna but this wasn't her business. "I'm sorry Lisanna, but she's the one that started it." Her eyes focused back on Erza.

"What do you mean I started it?" Erza walked closer towards Mira, her eyes squinting in distaste. "I just came in and made a weird sound and you proclaim that it's directed towards you."

"You even said it was directed at me!" Mira growled back in defense, their foreheads clashing together as they bit down on their teeth.

"Alright, that's enough." Gray pulled Mira and Natsu pulling Erza away from each other. "You don't like it when me and Gray fight, right? So why are you fighting?" Natsu mumbled in Erza's ear as he tugged her away from the commotion.

"You're right." Erza admitted, but she still had a disgusted look. "We'll finish this later, Mira." Her words were filled with promise.

"You two really need to try to get along if you want to set a good example to the others..." Said another small feminine voice who was sitting down at a table while playing with her tarot cards. Cana Alberona was just using them to pass the time and practice her fortune-telling abilities while she was at it.

"I am setting a example...Just that Mira don't want to help lead it." Erza said as she cross her arms while Mira simply stick her tongue at her from behind while sitting back down in her seat.

"More like you want to be the only one leading." Natsu said in a whisper.

"What was that?!" Erza said turning to stare at Natsu.

"Nothing!" Natsu said while sweatdropping and flinching as he get a intimidating glare from her.

"Anyway....Where is everyone? This place looks almost empty. They all on missions?" Gray said as he looks around.

"It was just me when I came into the hall." Mira responded to Gray as her legs crossed over one another. The place did seem a bit off today but no one could put their finger on it.

"I didn't see Gramps all morning." Erza chimed in as she looked around to see if Makarov would come out anytime soon.

"Neither have we." It seemed that everyone spoke at the same time.

"Did he pick up a quest? It's not like him to venture off like this. Maybe he got preoccupied with something?" Mira suggested, shrugging her shoulders. "He'll come back soon enough, though. It's not like him to just disappear."

"You're right." Natsu agreed while nodding his head quickly. "I'm starving!"

"Yeah, I am hungry too." Gray said as he put his hands on his waist.

"So are we." Lisanna said while standing next to her brother, Elfman who also nodded in agreement.

"Then I will prepare us something to eat then since it doesn't seem anyone else will do it for us." Mirajane said as she got up and stretch a bit before heading to the kitchen area.

"Yay! Thanks Sis!" Lisanna happily along with her brother.

"Thanks Mira!" Natsu said happily as well too while Gray was getting some bad feeling about her "cooking" for us.

*Meanwhile*

Makorov Dreyar was actually coming back from a important meeting from the Magic Council. He figure he shouldn't worry the guild about what is going on as it wasn't something bad really, but more so as a warning concerning for all guilds actually. There has been rumors and incidents concerning of a rogue swordsman who been
having incidents with guilds. So far it only been stealing stuff from them, but the Council are worried things could escalate further, so he gave warning to other guilds who haven't been hit yet to be on guard if they see someone suspicious around.

"Hmmm....If he is just stealing things, I don't think it's that bad, but still you never know what someone true goal is all about..." Makarov said as he thinks about it while walking down the forest of Magnolia and heading back to town.

Mirajane went back into the kitchen and looked inside the cabinets and fridge. There wasn't much in there but there was enough vegetables and beef to make beef stew. It would be tedious to cut all of the vegetables with a knife, so to make things easier she shifted her hand into talon-like claws. The tips were as pointed as a needle, sharp enough to pierce whatever her heart desired. A mischievous smile played on her small lips before her hand went off in a frenzy.

It sliced through potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, the beef... you name it! She breathed heavily with that wicked smile still on her face after all of the cutting had ceased. She heated up some chicken broth on the stove in a big pot before putting in all of the ingredients. Covering the top, she would let the food sit there for three hours before it would be done.

Heading back into the hall, she wiped away the sweat that dripped from her forehead with the back of her hand. "It'll be done in three hours. It's beef stew. I hope everyone likes it. I had a bit too much fun with everything." She grinned before sitting down beside her siblings.

FairyTaleTag.png

Makorov Dreyar casually strolled down the streets as he departed from the Magic Council meeting. His hand were folded behind his back as his small legs moved quickly. His eyes were closed, deep in thought about the situation they had just discussed until some unusual energy caught him off guard. His eyes opened widely before searching around to find the unfamiliar presence.

He was beginning to approach the gates of Magnolia before noticing a black-haired boy collapsed and unconscious in the grass. He gasped before hurrying to the young boys side. He collapsed down to his knees beside the child, eyeing over his body before plating his index finger and middle finger underneath his nostrils. He was still breathing, good, but faintly. Why was he out here by himself, and why did he collapse?

Scooping up the slumped body he ran into the guild hall before slamming the doors open with his feet, everyone turning their attention on him.

"I need medical assistance, now!"

"Yay! I can't wait!" Lisanna said happily.

"Neither can I!" Natsu said happily as well.

'I still have a bad feeling about this though...' Gray said thinking about what she might put in the food.

While the children gather at the table and began to wait for Mirajane to finish the food, they soon hear a loud bang coming from the door.

"Huh?" Erza said along with the others as they saw none other than their Guildmaster, Makarov. "Master, nice to see you. What's wrong?" Erza said staring at him before seeing that he was holding someone.

"I tell you all later. I need to get this kid to see Porlyusica!" Makarov shouted as he began heading to the infirmary before the others got a chance to speak with him.

Erza quickly sat up and bolted out the door towards Porlyusica's house, the trip not taking more than 15 minutes before the older woman arrived. She was gasping for air, apparent that she had been running to get there as quickly as possible. "What is it?!" Her voice sounded strained and worried, approaching Makarov who hadn't taken his hands off from the young boy. The children surrounded him as their facial expression said it all.

"It's this young boy. I do not know what had happened. I was on my way here and I saw him by the gates. He was like this when I grabbed him. He's still breathing, though. So that's a good sign for now." Makarov sounded just out of breath as Porlyusica did. The older woman crouched down as her hands begun to examine the child. Her eyes were closed, tuning in his body to see if she could detect if any magic was causing him damage. She stayed doing this for almost three minutes before her eyes flickered open, coming to a conclusion.

Everyone had their eyes on her, eager for what she would say next; "It's starvation and dehydration. We need to hook him up on some fluids to at least give his body some nutrients. This should help him enough to wake him up. After he wakes up he should eat." She sighed out the words in relief. It was still a cautious situation but not as severe as what she would have thought.

"Thank the heavens!" Makarov responded as he sighed himself. "Lets get him upstairs in one of the beds and hooked up." He said as he began walking with Porlyusica, the children staying behind as their eyes still stayed on the pair before they departed upstairs.

"That was crazy, I hope he's alright..." Mirajane said as she looked saddened. "Good thing I made some food. It should be ready by the time he wakes up."

"Boy...Don't see that everyday..."Gray said staring at the situation as Makarov began taking the young boy in ragged and torn clothing upstairs to where the infirmary room was.

"I wonder what made him to be like that in the first place?" Natsu said staring at him while eying the sword he was caring.

"He seems really bad, but I trust Ms. Porlyusica's judgment on this. She is a highly trained medical mage after all." Erza said as she watch them take the young boy upstairs with the others before turning to see everyone "gloom" faces over this. "Hey now, don't feel down. How about once we have eaten and with Porlyusica's permission, we can go upstairs to check on him. That sounds good?" Erza said staring at them all. She can read the situation well and learn from experience it's not good to see someone close or around their age in such condition like this.

She understood it first hand due to her past herself, but really shouldn't think about something like that as she need to stay positive on the situation for the others.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." MJ replied. Her expression was filled with sorrow and helplessness. She wanted to go upstairs and help them, but she knew that they had everything under control. "Once he gets better I will give him some of my food!" She excitedly stated, her smile spreading.

FairyTaleTag.png

Back upstairs, Makarov set the unconscious boy down on the comfort of the bed, the poor child sinking into the mattress almost lifelessly. Porlyusica carefully cleaned off the dip in his forearm with rubbing alcohol before preparing a needle. Delicately she pricked his skin and watch the needle fill with blood, knowing she aimed it in the right location. She tied the IV tube into the end of the needle, watching the slow drip of the fluid rush into his body, filling it with nutrients and fluids.

"There... It should take a couple of hours but in no time he should get better. Look." She pointed at his skin, noticing a subtle change in color. "He was very pale, now he's starting to get that natural skin tone back into him. Poor boy, makes you wonder what he's been through." She frowned just imagining it.

"Yeah. I am glad I encountered him." Makarov replied as he stared down at the child.

"I'll stay here until he wakes up so I can take the IV out. I know the kids are anxious and want to see what is going on but makes sure they don't disturb him." She added, her hands folded in front of her thighs.

Makarov nodded to Porlyusica's call about what to do. "Don't worry, I'll be sure informed them about it along with everyone else in the guild. Thanks for coming over for this, Porlyusica. We really appreciate it." He said thanking her with a smile before moving to look at the young child. While the reason he was out of it was due to malnourish, his clothing look like they been through a battlefield as his white T-shirt and black pants are torn and ripped in certain places and look dirty on other ends. Those clothing are the only things he is wearing beside having a long sword that was on him and wearing nothing around his foot and seemingly been barefoot. "This boy....What in the world he came from?....He looks like he been through a battle or something and that eye...." Makarov said as he went to look at his facial features.

Like the rest of his body, it was cover in dirt a bit as well, but the most prominent feature on his face is that he has a scar down his left eye in a swift vertical manner across it. Porlyusica take note on this and came near to the unconscious child. "His scar looks to have been there longer than his condition right now. I can't do nothing to it unless I see the condition of his eyesight. Then I could be able to make another glass eye like I did for Erza way back then when she arrived here." She said mentioning to Makarov.

"Hmmm....We just have to wait and see how he feels later on then. It sad to see children of his age and others going through tough times when they are so young..." Makarov said as he recall the children within the guild as he know they are also orphans themselves who lost their own love ones and families a long time ago in their individual's pasts.

Porlyusica nodded as Makarov talked about the children's rough past. "Those poor children. They never asked for things to be so rough. That's why when they get out of control a bit downstairs I do not mind it since that them being children. They probably never knew how to experience that before. Not until they met you, Makarov." She smiled faintly before looking down at the young and beaten boy.

Makarov chuckled before sighing. "This little one will too experience the joys of being in a guild and being in good company. If he survived this long I bet he will be a great wielder of magic. I wonder what abilities he would have."

"He already looks like a fighter from that scar. We have to wait until he wakes up so we can learn about his past and such." Porlyusica replied as they both stared at the sleeping boy. It brought joy to them that his color was being restored and his breathing patterns was starting to even out and become more natural instead of labored. Only time would tell, though.

*Timeskip*

Three hours have passed since the young, mysterious boy came to the guild and he was still unconscious, but still has life within his body as shown on his skin. He continue to rest on the bed as times passes by around the clock. Porlyusica was still taking care of the boy, but she recently left to get more supplies from her place to help with the boy's condition while Makarov was outside of the room and was guarding the entrance to prevent anyone from entering especially the children until the patient was better and listening to Porlyusica's orders.

However, he comically fell asleep during his post and now was unintentionally taking a break at the moment.

*Meanwhile*

The downstairs, some of the older members came back from their jobs and were resting out in the main hall right now along with the children of the guild who were eating Mirajane's food that was served to them recently.

"This is great!" Natsu said as he continue digging into the meal.

"I'm so happy everyone likes the meal! See Gray, I told you it's not bad. I'm not trying to kill anyone or anything." Mira blew on her spoon before taking a hearty bite, looking at Gray for a response.

"Tch." Gray crossed him arms over his bare chest before sneaking a bite of the meal. He knew it was good but didn't want to admit it.

"Since when did you not have a shirt on?" Natsu asked before laughing. "You're such a weirdo."

"Knock it off, Pyro Brain!" Gray spat out at him before turning his body away from Natsu. At least he was being mature and ending the situation there, for once.

"I wonder how that boy is doing..." Mira spoke softly under her breath.

"Both of you stop it! No fighting when eating!" Erza said sternly to Natsu and Gray in case one of them tried to revive their arguing. Though, Erza's voice would "shock" the boys into behaving as they stop.

"Yes, Erza!" Both of them said in unison before going back to eating quietly.

Erza would do the same and enjoy the food that was given to her. "I have to admit, Mira. This is pretty good." Erza said as he kept on eating her meal.

"Yeah, Sis always knew how to cook out of the three of us and kept us all fed. I am still learning, but don't know if I can be good as her." Lisanna said happily praising her sister and talking about her while she eats.

"That's for sure." Elfman said happily as he eat his food at the same speed of Natsu and Gray were doing. Almost feels like they were competing on who could finished the fastest between them.

Cana watches everyone happily as they talk with one another and enjoy the food Mirajane made, but soon turned to curiousity and a bit worried when she saw Mirajane seemed a bit worried and mention something under her breath. "You alright, Mira?" Cana said staring

"Me? Of course I am alright. I was just blowing on my food." Mira lied as she took a bite of her meal and chewed slowly. She hated getting soft and didn't want anyone to know about her soft side besides her siblings.

"Thanks Elfman and Lisanna for the compliments. Someone had to do it!" She smiled before nudging them softly but in a loving manner. "You better eat up before those pigs eat it all." She noted before pointing at Natsu and Gray.

"I won't eat like that sissy. That's nasty." Lisanna gave a weird look towards the boys as their food flew everywhere. Mira placed a hand over her shoulder before nodding her head in approval.

"Save some for that sick boy, okay? You better." Erza commanded the pigs who wolfed it down.

Cana look at her for a bit before deciding to leave her be on the matter as she went back to eating her food.

"Yeah, Yeah....We will." Natsu and Gray said in unison again as they continue on eating and soon didn't take them long to finished their meal. "Seconds please!" Natsu and Gray said as they happily asked Mirajane to give them more.

"What did I just said? Saved some for the boy that Makarov brought in." Erza said crossing her arms.

"Oh come on, Erza. There is more than enough to go around. I am sure the guy will gave his seconds too." Natsu said turning to her.

"Also we don't really know if Ms. Porlyusica would allowed us to feed him this since she might said something else about his diet or whatever." Gray bringing up a point as he thinks about it.

"It doesn't matter." Erza spoke firmly as she crossed her arms. "We need to make sure we save some just in case. It's the most we kids can do to someone in need." Her point was more valid than Gray's, everyone nodding their head in approval.

"Pft." Gray pouted before he crossed his own arms together, not really happy that no one wanted to side with him.

"Hopefully he wakes up soon. I want to see what he's like. Maybe I can fight him." Natsu spoke as his eyes seemed to fire up just like his core. "I'm getting fired up now!"

"No one should be getting fired up right now." Erza barked at Natsu who instantly sat down and retreated. The last thing he wanted to do was to make Erza mad.

"Yes ma'am..." He whimpered.

After several minutes, the children were all done with their share of meals and have began relaxing.

"Ahh! That was delicious!" Natsu said with a full tummy as he rubs it.

"I know, right?" Gray said happily while rubbing his own stomach too.

"Thanks for the meal, Mira." Cana said smiling at her.

"Indeed. It was quite pleasant." Erza said honestly while crossing her arms. Despite how these two act against one another, Erza wasn't the type to bash anything that was against how she truly felt and willing to give credit due if it deserve it.

______________Meanwhile______________​

Porlyusica sat beside the child's bed as Makarov laid his back against the wall, resting his eyes as his head bowed down as if he was in deep thought. The boy made small movements in his bed, as if he was going to be stirred awake soon.

"Pst! Makarov!" Porlyusica bounced to her feet as she hovered over the ill child, her eyes widened with anticipation. Makarov stirred from his sleep to see what the fuss was about. It took him a brief moment to realize what was going on before he was jumping right beside the woman.

"What? What did he do?" Makarov said as a worried look coated his face.

"He moved around is all, I think he's going to wake up soon." She said, not wanting to get her hopes up or anything.

After some time had passed the boy didn't awake and was probably just stirring around in his slumber. The two sighed and continued to stay resting, shutting their eyes to drift back off to sleep.

While the adults were in a deep sleep, the children of the guild decided to come and visit by to see what was going on and mostly see who Makarov brought into the guild.

"Are you sure we should be doing this?" Lisanna said as she was worried of getting in trouble.

"It's fine, Lisanna. We just going in to see what the guy looks like." Natsu said as he comfort her with his words.

"Plus, we also have right to check on him since he might be a potential new member of the guild." Erza said as she cross her arms about it.

"Though, hope we don't get found out of this and get trouble with the adults." Gray said as he thinks about it.

"Like I said it's fine!" Natsu said grinning about it as he slowly opens the door to come on inside with the others.

"Hello? Master and Ms. Porlyusica we-..." Erza was about to said before finding Master Makarov and Ms. Porlyusica fast asleep.

"We have to be very quiet on not to wake them..." Elfman said as he saw the adult's sleeping faces.

Mira instantly took her index finger and placed it on her puckered lips towards Erza, telling her to shut up as they approached the door.

"You idiot! We don't want them to wake up. Be quiet!" Mira harshly whispered at Erza. Erza growled at whispered harshly back.

"I didn't know they were sleeping until after I said it, dummy!" Erza's eyes blazed with fire until Gray stepped in between the girls.

"Now I'm going to have to be the one to stop this." Gray joked as the girls looked the opposite way, tension still in the air.

Luckily the room was wide and large enough for the kids to all fit inside of, careful not to wake the adults. The boy looked normal as he rested inside the room, breathing softly and quietly, unaware of what was going on.

"I am happy that Master found him. Look at that scar." Natsu mentioned as he couldn't stop staring at it.

All the children gathered around the unconscious boy and began seeing his features and what he looks like.

"Hmmm...Not really big deal with scars since we seen them already. Though, seem like we have another scar-eye like Laxus is." Gray said while he crosses his arms.

"He looks like he came from a war or something? War-Orphan maybe?" Cana said thinking about it as he looks at the boy's ragged clothing.

Erza began looking at him in deep-thought a bit as he reminds her of her hellish time she had being an captured slave to a evil cult and wonder if this boy went to similar circumstance like she went through. Gray see this her expression and called out to Erza. "Huh?...Oh! Well let's hope it's not he case." Erza said as she regain her regular expression back.

Mira frowned at she stared at the boys condition. It was sad to know that someone else went through such a rough life as a young age in life. It wasn't fair. But now he would be in a safe place where he wouldn't have to worry about getting hurt. Fairy Tail is family and if he hasn't yet experienced the joys of it he would soon learn quickly the values!

"When is he going to wake up sissy?" Lisanna asked as her blue eyes sparkled against Mira's own irises.

"I don't know Lisanna. We have to wait and see." She responded as she took the small girl into her arms comfortingly as she knew Lisanna was scared and didn't understand the full extent of what was going on.

"I want to fight him and see just how tough he is!" Natsu said as he balled up a fist and punched his awaiting palm, his eyes flashing with light and energy.

Back
Top Bottom