Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Xbox One S.

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Ok. So. Recently scored one along with nearly all the Halo games. Now, I'm not really a FPS player. They are hard for me and I often end up with motion sickness after a little bit. But I do have fun watching them and following the story. That said, can anyone recommend me some great RPG games? They can be RTS or turn based. I like both. Also, fighters are great as are RTS horror survivals. So....recommendations??? Thanks!!

[size=-2]RPGS: Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dark Souls 3. As for fighters, Mortal Kombat X, then there is Dead or Alive 5 and Tekken 7.[/size]

Seconding Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3. But for DS, if you have a liking for DLC, you might want to wait a little for the inevitable 'complete' edition to come out. I've heard good things about the new Deus Ex.

Dark Souls is great if you want some rage inducing difficulty that is ultimately quite rewarding. Dragon Age is good. Fallout 4 is a lot of fun as well. The new Killer Instinct is a solid choice for a fighter.

Witcher 3 is one I've been curious about., as is Deus Ex. I'm also curious about the various Assassin's Creeds (probably because there are a slew out there) along with Shadow of Mordor (huuuuge Tolkien nerd here) and a couple reminiscent of Wizards of the Coast's Neverwinter and Sword Coast Legends. Also, from what I read, ReCore and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth look like my sort of gmes. >.< Thoughts on the Lego gsmes available? What about some horror games? Past horror games I enjoy are the Fatal Frame games and anything Castlevania. Fighters...I'm a Soul Calibur kind of girl and I also have loved past incarnations of SF and MK.

darkangel76 said:
Witcher 3 is one I've been curious about., as is Deus Ex. I'm also curious about the various Assassin's Creeds (probably because there are a slew out there) along with Shadow of Mordor (huuuuge Tolkien nerd here) and a couple reminiscent of Wizards of the Coast's Neverwinter and Sword Coast Legends. Also, from what I read, ReCore and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth look like my sort of gmes. >.< Thoughts on the Lego gsmes available? What about some horror games? Past horror games I enjoy are the Fatal Frame games and anything Castlevania. Fighters...I'm a Soul Calibur kind of girl and I also have loved past incarnations of SF and MK.

From what I've played of Shadows of Mordor, I've enjoyed it. Assassin's Creed is another series I've enjoyed, and it plays very similar to SoM, but with alternate history as the setting.

darkangel76 said:

I'm told that Black Flag is the best of the bunch. The others are either beyond broken or just not that interesting (The French Revolution one is particularly infamous).

Binding of Isaac is really damn fun, and every run feels different from the last. That said it's gross. Like, really gross. So, definitely not for the squeamish.

The upcoming RE looks like it's going to be great on the horror front, and a real return to form.

Well this is cool as Black Flag is the one that caught my eye most. Perhaps it's a pirate thing? I'm saddened the French Revolution one is more or less broke. That would probably be the other one that seemed neat and mainly because of my strange love for that era. >.<

Aww...gross is ok. I like horror and weird. I'm hardly squeamish. XD I've heard good things about Isaac. Seems like a throw back to the days, but with something extra. I also like that the replay won't be boring. Hehe.

Hrmmm...RE. I've a love/hate relationship with the series. Overall, I love the story and past games were fun, but difficult. Have they ever changed the way the controls work? I always hated that forward was their forward and not your own. Made it hard, especially when those fast whatevers were loose. But if the controls have been improved (fuck it, FIXED! lol), then it would interest me. XD

Any other recs? No one said anything about the Lego games. I will mention that I'm a fan of The Lego Movie Game and Lego City Undercover, along with Lego Dimensions (have these on Wii U).

darkangel76 said:
Well this is cool as Black Flag is the one that caught my eye most. Perhaps it's a pirate thing? I'm saddened the French Revolution one is more or less broke. That would probably be the other one that seemed neat and mainly because of my strange love for that era. >.<

Aww...gross is ok. I like horror and weird. I'm hardly squeamish. XD I've heard good things about Isaac. Seems like a throw back to the days, but with something extra. I also like that the replay won't be boring. Hehe.

Hrmmm...RE. I've a love/hate relationship with the series. Overall, I love the story and past games were fun, but difficult. Have they ever changed the way the controls work? I always hated that forward was their forward and not your own. Made it hard, especially when those fast whatevers were loose. But if the controls have been improved (fuck it, FIXED! lol), then it would interest me. XD

Any other recs? No one said anything about the Lego games. I will mention that I'm a fan of The Lego Movie Game and Lego City Undercover, along with Lego Dimensions (have these on Wii U).

Ha. I mean it's usually hard to gross me out, but Isaac definitely made me flinch a little. Womb, It Lives and The Stain in particular.

RE7 is going to be first-person, so if you're a fan of things like Outlast and Amnesia then it'll appeal to you more than the classic style. Though, time will tell how well the full game works in first person.

Haven't played too many Lego games post-PS2, but I quite liked the two Lego Marvel games (despite a few foibles in the controls.)

Out of all the Assassin Creed games, I would say that the Ezio Trilogy (AC2, AC: Brotherhood, and AC: Revelations) and Black Flag are the best ones. I played through AC: Unity (the one from the French Revolution) recently, and it was alright. I'm the type of person to enjoy games anyway regardless of how well-made they were, so I'm not sure if this is any help at all to you. xD

I second The Witcher 3. That game goes on for months while still being very enjoyable. I'd recommend Diablo III only if you have other people to play with as the game gets somewhat stale when played alone (that's how I feel, I know some friends who disagree with me lol)

as is Deus Ex

I finished Dues Ex: Mankind Divided days after it came out because I'm shamelessly addicted to stealth games. This one is kind of easy if you're looking for a challenge, but the story is wonderful and mirrors life in a spooky way (like a very mild Black Mirror kind of way). I'd recommend this because it is fun, but its not a game that takes a lot of time to complete like Witcher/Diablo.

I'm also curious about the various Assassin's Creeds (probably because there are a slew out there) along with Shadow of Mordor (huuuuge Tolkien nerd here)

For Assassin's Creed, I'm of the minority that really enjoyed AC III. It had ship battles in it but it wasn't pirate themed, it was about the Native American culture. I still think AC II: Brotherhood was the best one in the series though, and Black Flag wasn't too bad. Honestly, if you're willing to look past the somewhat long loading times, the only criticism these games get is being repetitive. So my advice is to try one or two games only, that way they wouldn't get too repetitive for you. If you try most of the series, like I did, you'll see they're extremely repetitive and you'll get bored very quickly.

Shadow of Mordor I definitely recommend. They don't really follow any of the books, but they are somewhat true to the lore. The game play is very enjoyable; you can play it stealthy, aggressive, or approach it more tactically. The dynamic difficulty is fun, challenging, but slightly forgiving.

So, out of those, in order I'd recommend Witcher first, then Mordor, then Dues Ex :)

As for horror games, I didn't like RE6 so I'm skeptical about RE7, I'll have to wait and see the reviews. I really, really loved Evil Within though. Its very close to the old RE games in terms of atmosphere but its controls are much better. Its a bit gross though, lol. Also, I should note that I don't normally enjoy horror. Evil Within was a exception though.

Dishonored 2 comes in two days and I'm really excited for it. If you like stealth games you might want to look into it too.

So. Apparently my hubs loves me heaps and got me a slew of XBox One S games for Christmas:
Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition

Much fun WILL be had!!

Nice, he got you the only worthwhile Assassin's Creed games and completely skipped all the garbage ones. Dude's got impeccable taste.

Right? He kicks so much ass! >/////< I'm in heaven. Just got a mini taste of Shadow of Mordor last night and plan on putting some real hours in over the weekend. I is so excite! XD

A bit late, but if I may throw my hat into the ring: if you have access to the Xbox Store, the Soul Calibur 2 HD Online they released is backwards compatible. Unfortunately, this version doesn't come with Link, but it does come with Heihachi and Spawn as guest characters. *shrugs* You said you were a SC gal, so...yeah. xD

Trygon said:
Nice, he got you the only worthwhile Assassin's Creed games and completely skipped all the garbage ones. Dude's got impeccable taste.

Hey! The original is not garbage, it's just little rough around the edges!.

Nekrosilisk88 said:
Trygon said:

Hey! The original is not garbage, it's just little rough around the edges!.

The plot's okay. The gameplay is utterly broken, and it's very obviously the progenitor of the Ubisoft Formula, since every zone is the same pattern. I never beat it, despite desperately trying to force my way through the drudgery.

Back
Top Bottom