Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Family Values (Tyr & Glossolalia)

Tyr

Pulsar
Mathew was pleased his new wife Emily was beautiful, young, and so innocent looking. She didn’t appear tainted by the misguided world we all lived in. Selecting a young bride to be his wife was done on purpose, because he could guide and mold her in being a proper wife, and not some misguided modern woman filled with equality and feminism. Marriage and relationship couldn’t stand the strain of such unnatural and illogical roles that were placed on men and women these days. Some would say that he was robbing the cradle, being 44 years old, but he saw it as an opportunity to be young again. Everything was legal, the marriage was approved by her parents, so people could speak in whispers all they wanted, they couldn't do a thing.

The wedding was over, the crowds and family gone home, and it was time to let her know what was expected. What was acceptable in his house? He wasn’t some religious nutcase, but a man that held a clear view of the roles of man and woman. Luckily this girl came from a traditional family, and the dowry had been paid, permission of the father given, and now the traditional vows of marriage said.

He remembered his words so freshly said,

I promise to love, guide, and protect you as…

And what his lovely new soon to be wife said back with those deep green eyes.

I will love, serve, and obey you as long as we both are alive.

Now that they had time to get to know each other, he wanted to be clear with her what was expected.

Darling do you have a moment, I would like to talk with you.

He indicates a spot on the couch next to him. While he waits for her to attend him, he runs his hand through his brown hair, which is peppered with gray. Though he was showing the first signs of aging, his smile and blue eyes held the twinkle of one who had many reason to live a very long life.

Back
Top Bottom