Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Shimmering Mirage Hotel

Taidon

Super-Earth
Welcome all to my idea “The Shimmering Mirage”! I have an idea, and don’t really want to make it before I see some interest in my idea. That idea being a hotel that does more than house guests. It’s a hotel in which anyone staying in it, is trapped, or stuck till they find a secret way out, or gain a key to leave the hotel. The basic idea that anyone seeking shelter in this hotel instead becomes trapped.

Now that’s not the point of the rp, unless escaping as fast as you can is your goal, or one of your goals. It can be a point I suppose of the rp, but there is another reason/point/ect… of the rp and that is the “Mirage” that takes effect. Each night at Midnight guests, sleeping or not are teleported into a scenario room. 2+ people (though three is usually a great number and sort of the target goal as it’s a group thread to) At midnight each of the rooms fill with a shimmering light and you are selected at random to pair up with a guest or guest(s) of the hotel.

Then a scenario is given, a small plot, a roleplay that isn’t meant to take forever. This group role play would have the main hotel as the long term rp, and scenario’s for short term rpies. The scenarios would range from “Escape to T-Rex” to “Lovely Beach Scene”. Some of the rooms are dangerous and creatures want to kill you, some are peaceful and just staying awake will net you a ‘victory’.

At the end of the night anyone who survives gets rewarded, they are sent to a special room. Perhaps I will call it the Violet Room, or the “Keyway”, or something. But it will be a giant room filled with boxes (probably about a hundred or so) The guest will be allowed to open one door and take the contents inside, they are then transported back to their room and the door is locked till six pm. No matter how long the scenario’s seem they take no more than one hour for anyone (perhaps, still in the works)

This has survival aspects and would require guests to work with limited resources. I rather turn this into a semi-rpg. (though that would require people being interested in having perhaps 3-4 stats or something…) The idea also is to only enter the hotel with no, or a few items, meaning you don’t have a lot of resources. Shampoo/Soap, Food, Towels, Clean Clothes, and basic living items would be magically provided (no one would know why…), and any items besides perhaps one, two, or three things you bring in would have to be won in the prize room after each night. The prize room has a key in it, so you can eventually find a key and leave if you explore and win your “scenario”. (though while some are peaceful there is probably some “object” of the scenario to keep it interesting).

The only ways out would be secret passage (which could be explored by the residents when not in a mirage), the key, or dying, then they are defiantly not in the hotel anymore.

In any case I would love ideas, suggestions, help making charts (for items, scenarios, and perhaps more rules or revised rules for this).

Let me know if this is a good idea, and sorry for having to type so much. XD

Back
Top Bottom