Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Burned and Blackened Blood (G23 & loneiysong)

His eyes blazed and he lashed out smashing the necomer with his tail. He pounced upon the fool.

"I am Nabaz Blackflame. First of the Thunder. You know not what or who you speak. I will let the world burn before i let you have her. The Thunder has already moved fool. Far beyond any human's reach. Now speak. Who is your master?"

His jaws opened and flames began to roil up his throat. "And where is Tirana?"

He laughed and dodged the the attack as if being told where the attack was going to come. But allowed himself to be pounced. He listened and then began to laugh harder.

"Your pathetic thunder will search in vain. Just as you did. You do not know who you are fighting, just like the welp who bought our services didn't know what he was purchasing." He laughed harder. "My name is Graggle, most loved of my master, and most loyal. Weaver of dreams and forgotten of the Thunder." He said mocking Nabaz. "And if you knew who my master was, you and your thunder as you proudly boast, you wouldn't be asking me." He bared his fangs.

"Ahh there is the problem isn't there, if you kill me you will never know, but how can you trust a blind dragon?" He laughed again.

Nabaz hissed.

And tore the golden wings off with two quick easy slashes of his paws.

"i don't have to kill you. Traitor."

He kicked the thing away, then burnt the wings, snarling at the newcomer. "You cannot harm my Thunder little fool. nor can your Master. The first thirteen are known and accounted for. Speak plain or lose something else."

He swatted the fool with his tail. This time with a stabbing blow, quicker than quick, that punched the golden chest. Nabaz hated false dragons. And this one could hardly be less false.

The dragon thew his head back and wailed in pain. Shutting his eyes he called out for his master. He panted hard shivering. He stood up and singed the wound and shook his head and laughed and bared his teeth. Whatever had been done to this dragon had truly driven it mad. It weaved its head as if listening. "No....your thunder does not interest me. I have no interest in self indulged fat cats. But my master has greater plansssssss." He chuckled. "You cannot take anything from me that the master cannot give me, and remember, my master now has Tirana the future hope, whatever you take from me, the master will take something from her....and the master is not so kind..." He chuckled again.

The dragon darted away from the tail dodging it and batting it away with his tail that was barbed and hissed ducking low and bared his fangs. "But then again, I did just say I am a dream weaving dragon, so how do you know I didn't just trick you to tear off the wings of your young ward?" He grinned evilly to him. Sending an image of him tearing off the wings of Tirana as she struggled and screamed under him while he stared straight ahead.

Nabaz exploded.

Not in flames. Not in rage. But in dark light that trapped the golden beast. "because You don't have the power weakling. And i saw the red and green. But enough of these games."

The Dragon spirits became corporeal and latched onto the newcomer. they consumed him, stilling his heart until he had to sleep, then allowed it to beat on.

Nabaz touched the stumps he had made. "Take him to the old one. She can aid him. help him find his peace."

He turned away as the spirits pulled the golden scales down into the earth, to a cavern far below, where Mother Scale waited. She nuzzled Graggle gently. She was massive. Far larger than even Nabaz.

Here no magic save her own existed. She sniffed him and began to heal his wings, allowing them to grow anew, clean and mark free. She would do the same with his scars if she could. And help mend his shattered mind.

She did not speak to her brother. But Nabaz bowed feeling her acceptance of this newcomer.

He sighed. One did not treat with madness. Now he would have to hunt. He sniffed the air, searching for Tirana's scent.

Graggle screamed as he began to be dragged down. He fought it. He fought it hard. He felt the masters magic pulling him back up. It hurt. He was being literally pulled in two. He gasped and roared in pain. He howled as he was shred in half. Then into pieces. The master had destroyed the dragon in the worst ways as possible. Graggle had died in the worst way possible because of his faith in his master. His bits and pieces rained down on the old dragon.

But when they collected in her grasp, because her magic was so old and ancient, he began to reform, whole and new. His parts that had been taken from him slowly being given back to him. He leaned into the female shivering. He had never known kindness. And never known the warmth of a female dragon. He was a large dragon but the presence of the larger dragon brought him peace.

----
Tirana woke in a cold dark basement. She was chained and spread. She snarled. She blew a pillar of flame but she could not see it and she was once again blinded by pain. Maniacal laughter went up around her filling her head.

"Stupid dragon" Came a voice. It was inside her head. "You are mine. You will not go unless I tell you to, you will not eat unless I tell you to...and right now....well...I want to fill your belly with more of your kind." The laugh was soft and loud all at once. It was threatening. She began to struggle. Her wings began to flap violently but they were chained down to her sides. She could not move. She threw her head up and roared, but a cold contraption latched around her neck and she gasped as every time she tried to roar it sent a violent shock through her. She tried to reach out to Nabaz but as she did something sharp came up right between her ribs piercing teh scales. She gasped and crumpled forward.

"Now now, we don't have to be a pain in the side to each other do we, lets just get this done. Give me what I want." The voice snarled. Behind her a large growling was heard as a much larger dragon approached. Tirana continued to struggle trying to get to whatever was still piercing between her ribs and scales she gasped trying to speak, trying to do anything, but no struggle was possible. No escape was possible. All she could do was pray to Furad that she knew where she was and hope that Nabaz would rescue her.

Furad did not know. But she could reach Nabaz.

Nabaz smiled when Scale told him that Graggle was accepting her, then his head snapped up.

He should tell the others...then he smiled. He touched a spirit, then he took off, following Furad, unaware he was flying toward Tirana.

He was struck by what the mad golden had sad then touched Furad back.

~

Furad lashed back at Tirana's mind. "Fight dear one! Fight hard! Do not let yourself be raped to soil your truth! Your people! Both scaled and human!"

She sent the message in dozens of ways, pushing to find her scale-daughter, praying to the Creator thast she could, and that the message would reach Tirana in time.

Tirana could not be heard, and she could not hear Furad. She roared her pain an anguish finally left alone after they had used her to their will. She sank against the chains and winced as the thing that had imbedded into her chest had sank deeper, but there was no way to pull it out. She gasped and tried to resituate, but there was no way to move. She laid her head down in the stench of the dungeon and wondered why she couldn't see anything. Wondering why she couldn't see anything.

Meanwhile a woman stormed through the halls and growled. "That treacherous dragon cost me one of my best warriors. I want some payment, and I want it now!" Her warriors bowed and quickly left. She smiled and looked at the darkening sky. War was coming, but she would not wait to see what would happen. Her move was made, now the next best move was strategy. But how best to move. Her shadow moved around her throne room and she grinned. Rubbing her hands together she summoned her dragons and let them set about the next phase.

One of the Thunder, a cute little blue dragon that was no more the size of a small song bird flitted up to Nabaz. Somehow Cateh, always knew the goings on and the troubles of dragon kind. "NABAZ! I HAVE FOUND HER! FOLLOW FOLLOW QUICK!!" The little bird quickly flitted in front of his face and then shot ahead of him faster than most dragons could go.

"Cateh? What- I follow."

Questions later. Now he had to get to Tirana before they hurt her. He hoped they had not used her, but there was little he could do about that.

A clever plan. But flawed. he would educate them as to why.

He made preparations then spoke to Cateh. "Little one when we arrive return to the Thunder. Do not argue. Alert them to what has happened. They are to remain in hiding."

She snuffled and puffed out a glittery silver ball of smoke to acknowledge the greater dragon. She continued to shoot across the great plains and mountains until she was at the ocean. She was at a lonely island and then began to circle until she landed in a coconut tree. There washed up on the shore was a badly bloodied and unconscious purple dragon. Mermaids were swimming around her keeping the sharks at bay and trying to get to the major source of her bleeding but because she was so great, there was little to no chance of that.

Cateh wagged her fluffy tipped tail and looked at Nabaz. "The merpeople alerted me as I was fishing in one of my gully's they said that one of the dragons was hurt. I didn't know that anyone was missing from the Thunder, then I remembered that someone was telling me that you had a new pupil so I assumed it was her." She smiled. "Clever Cateh cannot be outfooled!" She puffed out her chest.

Nabaz landed and began to sniff the Dragon, carefully probing the body, especially the heart and brain, for damage.

As he did so he also thank the Merfolk for their aid in their own tongue.

He continued to circle the purple, sniffing, and now gently funneling strength and healing into it.

Her brain for the most part was still in tack, but her heart was broken. She felt like she had let down her master. The merpeople gave a salute and the majority left, but a few stayed behind to make sure that they got off safe.

Nabaz could tell that she had been taken and mated against her will and she had been implanted with something. Recieving energy, she trembled and opened her eyes. She blinked and then jolted up and roared not realizing where she was and snarled hissing ready to fight and saw Nabaz. Seeing him, she dropped down and began to cry. She hid her face and continued to sob.

He sighed and wrapped about her protectively, giving her more aid.

He signaled to the merpeople to go. This would take time. "Cateh. Go. Thank you. Give the Thunder my words. They are to remain hidden. And alert me when you have returned to them. There has been enough hurt done today."

He began to stroke her neck softly, breathing fire upon her, healing and soothing, waiting for what would come next, letting her cry.

Cateh nodded and took off and was gone before one could blink.

"I am sorry I let you down." She whispered when she knew they were alone. She did feel like she did let him down. She buried her head into his neck. She shut her eyes and shivered. She hated the ones that did this to her. She shivered and swallowed hard but happy to be back with Nabaz.

He nuzzled her gently. "you never could let me down Tirana. Ever."

He squeezed her very softly, his jaw moving onto her head and horns. "I can feel how you fought. And I should have foreseen this attack. If anyone failed it was me. Not you. I am proud that you fought and survived."

He squeezed her again, letting her draw comfort from him.

She curled up against him and sighed. She shivered and swallowed and looked up. "I don't know why the person who captured me just let me go though...it scares me." She whispered quietly. She then shifted and winced. She looked down to her ribs where she had inserted a sharp dragon piercing into her ribs. It was a bright green gem. Shivering, she looked at it and then looked at him.

"I am going to need you to take that out...."

His claw flashed up and gripped it, then superheated and melted it, drawing out the metal, and healing the hole.

"I know you are scared Tirana. And that is my fault. I will be more watchful. As will the rest of our kind. You will be safe. I must admit I did not think anyone so foolish as to attack you. Especially not in Dragon form. Well except your brothers. And yes I am sure they are involved. Don't think of such things. Just rest now alright?"

She sighed and trembled. "No it wasn't your fault. Please don't." She shivered in his arms. She didn't want to go back to the castle but she didn't want to stay out where anything could happen. Then the other darker thought came. Much too dark to even speak. If Ana as knew all what happened deep wherever she was, he wouldn't respect her. She would not be respected as a dragon. The full truth of what happened rose up in her mouth like bile.

Leaning into Ana as, she knew she would have to keep the shame to herself as much as possible.

Nabaz nudged her. "Stop that. I can feel your emotions remember? And I can smell what they did to you. Now, understand. You are not nothing. You are a Dragon. That cannot be changed. You have been assaulted. You are going to work and train, and take your revenge Tirana. Such is the nature of our kind. And I shall be with you at all times."

He squeezed her gently. "No one else ever need know however."

She snuggled in and sighed. With a groan she shifted a bit and looked at Nabaz. The witch had said that she wanted to build an army. She shifted. She wouldn't have been released if the seed hadn't taken hold. She then looked around.

"Let's get out of here." She said softly trying to get her mind off of it.

"Are you certain you are ready Tirana? We have no rush. Rowena is settling things down at the place. I want you to be sure you can make the flight back. I could carry you if you are not."

He squeezed her gently, and began to thrum a light hearted drinking song he had heard. It was silly little thing about ales, beers, and wines, and their colors and taste, but it had a good beat, and his rumble was well suited to it's rhythm.

He chuckled, continuing to rumble. He was truly just humming the song, but if she enjoyed it and it soothed her, he didn't mind.

He kept the song up, letting her rest, while he watched the skies and sea, and continued to share his energy with her.

He also plotted revenge, and used the waves to carry his messages all over the globe, even down into the ocean depths, where the Sea Dragons, including Scalewater and Wavecrest, two of the original Dragons who had gone below, and by now would likely be at least the size of Mother Scale.

Things began to shift.

She sighed. "Is there anywhere besides the castle I can stay?" She whispered quietly and looked at him. She stepped away and spread her wings wanting to go into a cave or somewhere where only they knew.

Tirana spread her wings and began to take flight and slowly circled gaining altitude ready to be gone.

He took off after her. "There are two places actually. Come along my dear."

he caught an updraft and lead her to the south of her home, to a much smaller deserted mountain palace. It was ruined and clearly empty. "This was the site of one of the first battles. Humans claim it to be cursed because nothing will grow. perhaps it is. but it has space for both of us, and stores of food, and clean water. Shall we?"

Back
Top Bottom