Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deleting threads?

Marrionetta

Snowbunny
Withdrawn
I had a thread based rp started way back when with someone who ditched and it randomly became an eye-sore to me today. I went to delete it when I got a scare cause it said I couldn't complete the action cause I was either suspended or banned among other possible reasons. Clearly I wasn't banned or I wouldn't be typing this but my question is do I need some permission to delete my own thread or something?

Edit: never mind. It told me I couldn't do it but I just went to my CP and it's gone so...

I'm a bit confused here.

When it comes to deleting threads vs posts there are permissions involved. All members have the permission to delete and/or edit their own posts. The exception...first posts. Why? Because the first post is what creates a thread and not all members have this particular permission. The permission to delete threads belongs only to admin and mods. If you'd like a thread deleted, you must contact an admin (red name) or mod (green name) and, depending on the 'why' you want a thread deleted, we can do it for you.

darkangel76 said:
I'm a bit confused here.

It sounds like that thing that occasionally happens, where the "Thread Subscriptions with New Posts" part of the UserCp gets threads highlighted in it when they haven't been posted in for a while. Like, even though they're really old, suddenly, they show up, with no new posts in that part of the UserCp, for no reason. Clicking on them usually makes them disappear from the UserCp. If it only recently became an eyesore and they're talking about not seeing it in the UserCp anymore, then that would be my guess on what that is.

Rudolph Quin said:
darkangel76 said:
I'm a bit confused here.

It sounds like that thing that occasionally happens, where the "Thread Subscriptions with New Posts" part of the UserCp gets threads highlighted in it when they haven't been posted in for a while. Like, even though they're really old, suddenly, they show up, with no new posts in that part of the UserCp, for no reason. Clicking on them usually makes them disappear from the UserCp. If it only recently became an eyesore and they're talking about not seeing it in the UserCp anymore, then that would be my guess on what that is.

Yeah that's what happened. But I've tried deleting a thread before Benoit became obsolete, clicked check box in first post then proceeded to click delete thread but it told me that i couldn't do it for one of the following reasons:

- My account was suspended/banned
- I had to confirm my Email
...and two other reason if I remember correctly but I don't remember them.

In any case I'm fairly certain i confirmed my Email and I'm pretty sure I'm not banned so I found it strange lol.

Thanks anyway~

Back
Top Bottom