Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A cry in the night (me and Exodus)

Raziel99

Pulsar
The car that held Alexander's parents drove off, soon disappearing down the street towards the airport, turning out of sight about a mile down the road. Sighing, Alex went back inside, heading upstairs towards the bathroom. It had been 2 years since he had come back home, and everything was still a little strange to him. His parents had been kind enough to get a night flight, so he could see them off, barely 15 minutes after the sun had gone down. They had been oddly accommodating for him, but he was just glad they had accepted him back into their arms. It certainly wasn't easy living back at home now.

His clothes slowly came off, the water in the shower getting hot before he stepped in, letting it wash over his pale skin. His blue eyes seemed to be distant at the moment, staring into the tile of the shower. He just stood there as he battled down his craving, getting a hold of himself. He quickly washed his black hair, which he kept nice and short since his return home, then he stepped out of the shower, drying off before wrapping a towel around his hips. His body was toned, something that came rather naturally to him.

He headed to his bedroom, laying face up on his bed, just starting at the ceiling. The only window was boarded up, and his parents had put a lock on his door, just in case. They wanted to be extra careful of him.

Anna had put on quite a show for her parents, feigning reluctance and sadness at their decision to take off on what they called a "second honeymoon". Really, the two of them did deserve it, as they had dealt with their fair share of marital trials over the past few years. The disappearance of her younger brother years previous had nearly killed her poor mother, but the shock of having him return - inhuman, undead - had been quite the blow to the foundation of this family. Still, they were all glad just to have him back, if not a little wary, and did the best they could to accommodate his 'special needs'.

Anna and her brother had not been terribly close before his disappearance, and that really was no different these days. When he had returned home she had felt the same relief and joy that came from the return of a lost loved one, but not to the extent her parents did. It was cool that he was back. Being an only child wasn't that great, really. But what pleased her the most about it was the strange magnetism he seemed to have about him now.

She couldn't really put her finger on it, and spent a lot of time deep in thought as her eyes wandered over his cold, lean body. She hesitated outside the bathroom door when he showered, paused at his locked bedroom door before she left for school every morning. There was just something about him that she found irresistible. Maybe it was his condition? She had done some research on his kind, and had read that it was not uncommon for them to have the natural ability to lure in people of the opposite sex to have as mates, and then as meals. Maybe that was the reason for her lewd thoughts, as she stood waiting outside the bathroom door, to greet him with a weak smile when he came out in nothing but a towel.

"So it's just us." She said quietly, following him to his bedroom door and leaning against the frame, watching with intense curiosity as he laid down on his bed.

His sister was there to greet him outside of the bathroom, though he didn't pay her any particular attention as he walked to his room. To anyone outside of the conversation, it would have looked rather rude and inconsiderate, but there was a sort of understanding between the two of them. He knew how dangerous it was for her to be around him, that he could snap and give into the craven need of his kind at any moment. His seemingly shunning actions was something that showed caring between the two of them, whether she knew it or not.

He had reached his room and was laying down as he heard her words. "Yes, it's just the two of us for the week." He said, in his rather soft and velvet voice, something that came naturally. It was alluring to listen to, so he tried to speak as little as possible around his sister. Because even though she was part of his family, he couldn't say they were of the same blood anymore. He had been fed from and given so many different blood sharing when he was gone for those 6 years that he doubted that his blood was his own. And he didn't need her giving herself up to him for blood, it was something that he couldn't think about for a moment unless his fangs popped out from it.

"I may have to disappear sometime later tonight." He whispered, somehow magnifying the allure of his voice. "I will be back before dawn, a few hours at the soonest. I know you will be fine until then."

Anna felt the corners of her lips dip downwards, frowning at the thought of him having to leave her. Her parents may have been fearful of what Alexander was capable of, but she thought it was terribly romantic. The dark shadows around his eyes and the curve of his teeth were markers of beautiful tragedy, not horror - at least in her eyes. She wondered if he was as lonely as he looked? It must be hard to live with humans who had no way of understanding what he was thinking, feeling, and craving.

"I hate it when you leave." She admitted, and scuffed the floor with her toe. It made her nervous, really. He was by himselof, and despite his super human strength he had claimed to possess (she had never seen it herself) she always wondered if he might become over confident and choose someone he could not handle to try and take on as a snack. "It's too bad there is no way to just stock up at home."

He was surprised by her admission of missing him when he left, but he simply nodded. "It would be hard to get some sort of storage here." He said softly. It is hard to keep blood warm enough so it doesn't coagulate but doesn't freeze. He turned his head, looking up at her, before slowly standing up.

As he stood, his towel fell off his hips, but it was no matter. As it fell, clothes replaced it, and when it hit the floor, he was wearing a pair of boxers and jean shorts, something that he was comfortable in. "Have you ever been into the mountains, sis?" He asked, walking past her and going downstairs.

She felt herself flush all over, blood pounding in her veins as it rushed through her body, watching as the towel around his waist loosened and eventually fell. She remembered to breathe when she saw that he had been dressed from the waist down, though she could not shake the faint feeling of... dissapointment? Shaking it off, she followed him out in to the hallway, and nodded. "The mountains? Yeah, now and then. I like to go walking up there, but ever since..." She trailed off, her blue eyes darting away from him, not wanting to bring up his dissapearance so casually. "Mom and Dad wouldn't let me go. I can only get away every once in awhile..."

"The mountains are not dangerous." He said casually, almost interrupting her with his words. He wasn't with humans for too long to learn their politeness, for the most part, so he was one to interrupt with his words, even if they had knowledge that others wanted or not. "You won't be hurt if you are with me." He stopped at the stairs and turned to her, holding out his hand for her. "Come with me. I'll show you the world that only I can show you."

She winced, still unused to how abrupt he could be with his words, but knew by now that he was not intentionally being rude. She nodded a bit, agreeing with him on her own, but knowing her parents certainly didn't feel the same way. She had been over protected after her brother had disappeared. Really, if it wasn't for her occasionally sneaking out, she would never have been able to spend time by herself under the stars. "I haven't been in awhile."

Back
Top Bottom