Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question for the moderators - the subject of men posing as women

Englishman34

Planetoid
Hi,

Just wondered what, if anything, is being done to police the following rule (which I've copied from the site rules):

01) A member/person is a known male. For some reason, said member/person creates an alt account that is a female persona and doesn't let anyone know about this super secret alt account. Using this female persona account, they specifically target members who have explicit rules in their Request Threads stating that they are uncomfortable RPing with male members. They lie to these members and pretend that they truly are female just so that they can RP with these people for some unknown reason. THIS IS ABUSIVE AND A VIOLATION OF SOMEONE'S RIGHTS! (This can go for females pretending to be males or just about anything... but the idea is one in the same).

I've come across several experiences of 'females' responding to my thread, or admittedly where I've contacted them with the initial belief that they are genuine females only to find that through general conversation I have gone on to suspect that these 'females' are in fact male.

Should I just be trusting those who claim they are female, even when they are particularly defensive about proving their gender? Is it wrong of me to expect these people to confirm their gender via a few seconds of chat on mic or a few seconds on a webcam? I can't believe this can be considered a major invasion of privacy, though I understand some reluctance if that person has some serious issues with confidence.

I just want to roleplay with genuine women, yet it seems to be so hard to find them on here; every other woman seems to actually be a man.

Thanks,

Chris

You can't prove it without hard evidence, so it's really on an honor system. The hope is that we're all adults and thus will comply with some sort of understanding that we will treat others how we, ourselves, would like to be treated in return. This means, if you're a guy who happens to like writing as a female persona from time to time (and lets not take into account transgenderism at this time as that just further complicates things). You SHOULD stay away from threads where someone explicitly states that they don't want to write with a guy writing whatever. You can get girls who like writing with girls who write females...sometimes guys like to write with lesbians, it's an actual phenomenon we've encountered on here. Some women are VERY put off by this, even frightened. A guy will approach the girl and inquire, she'll say no because they are male, they'll make an account for 'female' and then re-approach and lie. It sadly happens. More this way than guys pretending to be straight females and duping another guy. But again, if you do this....READ the thread and respect the wishes of the member. If they have a preference...abide by it. Simple as that.

Again, it's hard to always know who you're dealing with without concrete proof. Therefore, the safe bet is to always assume genderless or all genders unless you have definitive proof letting you know otherwise. Though, you shouldn't demand this info of another. That's not courteous or tactful. But, it's the way of things over the internet. So, be mindful of it.

Thanks for the prompt feedback, much appreciated :)

I've just edited my thread to stipulate that I'll require some proof of gender, just to make interested parties aware. Will probably lead to a dramatic fall in responses but hey ho!

Great choice of profile picture by the way!

Back
Top Bottom