Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

On the Rise (SevenxSaynotozydrate)

Gone.

They were all gone.

Coruscant carried on, moved forward; the suns rose and set and lives continued, but for Obi-Wan Kenobi, the world stood still. Stass Allie, Ki-Adi, Plo Koon, Aayla, Kolar, Sasaee, Master Windu - all of them, and so many others had been killed; thousands of Jedi, murdered, overpowered and outnumbered by the Empire.

As Obi-Wan moved through the darkened corridors of the Temple he encountered only silence - but it wasn't the sort of quiet that came from a well-disciplined school, it was, instead, the absolute stillness that came from a building that was devoid of life.

It was the silence that came from the dead, a deafening quiet.

There were no lights, no voices, because there was no one left to speak and even Obi-Wan's voice seemed to be failing him - he hadn't spoken for days, not since Padme. Not since Anakin. He couldn't bring himself to break the silence, because there were no words that seemed important enough to say - but he had listened stoically to Master Yoda, the only one left besides him.

Yoda had told him that Anakin was not beyond help. He had told him that the story wasn't over, that life would continue - the force would continue, unhindered.

He told him that there would be others, and that Luke and Leia had to be protected from Anakin - he could never know where they had been taken, lest his darkness infect them.

He told him to carry on, not to let the darkness invade him either.

And Obi-Wan had remained wordless, even when Master Yoda had departed, exiling himself in a grief that he would hide while Obi-Wan punished himself for a while longer, standing in the empty classroom, looking into the shadow.

Even the younglings. The Empire hadn't even spared the children.

Though his expression remained characteristically emotionless - nearly immobile the way it always had been, Anakin had always called him cold - Obi-Wan sank slowly to the ground, on his knees in silence, a pose that would have been meditation if it werent for the way his head hung, and the fact his eyes remained open.

All of them were gone.

God, if Qui-Gonn could see him now.

In the darkness, without a word or a flicker on his face, Obi-Wan Kenobi mourned the loss of his comrades, his allies, his students, and his partner - a man he had loved, just as he had loved his Master and been loved by him.

Re: On the Rise (SevenxMukuro)

"I knew I'd find you here, Obi-wan Kenobi."

A voice called from the empty and haunted halls of the abandoned jedi temple. A place once teeming with the force, now seemed bereft and cold. It was eery, to see a temple where he spent a good portion of his life so...dead. Even if he was the one who had caused all of this, the little Tatooine boy inside of him ducked his head in shame and misery.

Anakin Skywalker took a step forward, dressed in long black cloak and holding his lightsaber at the ready. With a press of a button the weapon hummed to life. The sith lord infront of him walked and talked like his former apprentice, but look him in the eye and the jedi master would find nothing familar. Little Ani was gone, vanished and swallowed up by the sadistic and twisted demon who stood in his place. His eyes had changed. Those same blue irises had been through with yellow and red, like the cracks left behind after an earthquake.

"You're a sentimental old fool." His voice darkened and suddenly the halls and very foundation of the ruined temple seemed to shake and tremble under the raw pressure of the life force radiating from Anakin's body. He'd always been strong in the ways of the force, but now that he nolonger held himself in check with the jedi code, his power had the composition of a hammer striking ruthlessly. Pure unadulterated power. "You're going to tell me what you did to Padme!" Ah, there it was. His yellow and red cracked eyes were blazing with rage. Palpatine had vindicated Anakin's growing prejudice against the jedi by telling him that his beloved wife was dead and had died at the hands of his former master. "I'll make you pay. I swear I will. Did you think I wouldn't know? I can't feel her presence...I can't feel anything form her. Her life force...it's gone. You took her away from me!" He was shouting by now and the vibrations of his power were causing specks of ceiling to come crumbling down. His rage made him stronger, but wreckless.

Obi heard Anakin before he spoke, felt him before he was in the room, but he didn't move from his spot; he remained in place on the floor for a long moment, eyes still downcast even when the familiar sound of a lightsabre filled the room.

And then he spoke and Obi-Wan looked up, met Anakin Skywalker's eyes, blue had changed to the terrible yellows and reds of a Sith while Obi-Wan's had remained the same, steady green. Obi-Wan Kenobi was a young man still, and beneath the beard were the same youthful features, but the hardness of his eyes had begun to make him look older than he was.

Slowly, he rose from his spot, eyes not leaving Anakin's, and he thought of the small boy he had taught for so many years - it was apparent that child was gone, but in his place there was a young man, and somewhere inside of him there was - hope. There always was, even for those who had strayed so far that it was difficult to find the light of day.

He watched Anakin, watched him tremble with anger, heard the rage in his voice, felt the floor vibrate with the power he was barely holding in. Obi-Wan did not draw his weapon, however, and spoke in his familiar, patient tone,

"Padme died during labour." Obi-Wan said, and there was a rasp to his voice, an indication that he had barely used it, "I'm sorry, Anakin; she couldn't be saved."

Lord Vader, once known as Anakin Skywalker, began to close the distance between the two of them. His rage was palpitable in the air. He didn't seem able to listen to reason, just like on Mustafar. He was far beyond his master's reach. Anakin Skywalker had died the fateful night Master Windu had been killed. The only thing that seemed to bring a spark of blue to those sickly yellowish red eyes was the name of his wife. His beloved Amidala, his Padme. He froze in place, some small part of him registering that Obi-wan hadn't confessed to killing her. That she had died in labor. "No. No, that can't be!" All of that darkness seemed to fade. Palpatine's promise to him, to give him power so that he could save Padme from the fate his dreams had prophecized; only to leanr that she had died giving birth to his child. It was all too much for him to take.

He threw his head back and howled in agony and grief. It was an unholy and pitiful sound, raw and primal grief. All of his emotion flooded the room in one great gust, shaking the foundations of the ruined building. He dropped to his knees, mirroring Obi-wan's previous position. His hands were held to his chest and his shoulders were shaking. In his own way, he had loved Padme. He had also loved Obi-wan. Of the two, only one of his great loves remained alive. "All of this power, all of this...everything I did for her. To protect her." His voice was hoarse. Some part of him still trusted that this was the truth. For now, in this moment of grief, the sith lord had been beaten back. "My child?" He dared to ask, his cheeks stained with tears. His expression darkened a few seconds later, making a grabbing motion with his hand. An invisible hand gripped the jedi by his cloak, lifting him up off the ground and shaking him ruthlessly for an answer. "Answer me! Where is my child? You can't keep it from me!"

Anakin's pain was as palpable as his rage, and when he fell to his knees in his agony, Obi-Wan saw a flicker of the young, troubled boy they had met on Tatooine, but as quickly as that vision had appeared, it was gone. Once again, Anakin's rage took over and Kenobi felt the front of his robes gather and wrench aggressively as his former apprentice used his powers.

"Your power frightened her, Anakin." Obi-Wan said sharply, resistant to the pain that was coursing through his muscles at the violent treatment, "It changed you from the man she loved, made you distant from her."

He couldn't fault Anakin for wanting to know the location of his children; he had broken the Jedi code to be with Padme, had opened up a spot within himself that was as susceptible to light as it was to dark - and he had chosen his path.

His path had led him to kill every child in the temple.

Obi-Wan did the only thing that he knew would save the lives of Luke and Leia Skywalker - he lied. Outright, and to Anakin's face, he went against every belief he had about honesty and truth, and he lied because he couldn't allow Anakin to kill them as well, or introduce them to the darkness that had taken him.

"Your son passed with Padme." Obi-Wan said; if he could help it, Anakin would never know of the existence of his two children, would never get his hands on them - they would grow up away from this.

The invisible hand gripping Obi-wan seemed to suddenly exert crushing force around his neck. The grip tightened or loosened in relation to the motion of his mechanical arm, which was now outstretched in his former master's direction. This was not masery over the force, this was pure and primal power. He'd always had a lot of raw power locked up inside of him. Through discipline and knowledge, he had learned to control himself. All of that control was gone now. Anakin was consumed with rage, grief, and a tiny bit of jealousy. "You lie!" His eyes were pure blood red now. "I can feel it..." He hissed, referring to the bond of master nad apprentice through which their emotions still flowed. He couldn't tell for sure that Obi-wan was lieing, but he seemed unwilling to believe the falsehood fed to him.

"The medi-droids said that the child was healthy just days before she joined me on Mustufar! Even if Padme died in labor, the child would have survived. I know you would have done everything in your power to ensure either Padme or the child suvived. You will tell me where my son is, my foolish former master." That invisible iron grip on Obi-wan's neck tightened harder then ever before and then suddenly loosened enough to allow him just enough leverage to speak. Should his former master try to raise his lightsaber, Anakin's other arm already head his humming blade upright, ready to battle. The way he was looking at him, left some doubt that he could actually kill his master. Obi-Wan had shown him mercy on Mustafar. If what he said was true, the jedi master was the last of his beloved close ones remaining. In his mind, he had gathered all of this power to protect Padme, to protect his unborn son, and even to protect his own master. Could he strike Obi-wan down?

"I don't want to kill you, Obi-wan. I want you by my side. You can still make the right choice. The jedi are gone...you're the last of a dieing breed now. We could be comrades again, if only you would listen to reason. Everything I have done, I did out of love and for justice." Not for democracy. Never for democracy. Anakin had never been a firm belilever in the replublic.

Obi-Wan let out a small gasp - it was the only sound of discomfort that had escaped him so far despite the rough treatment he had already endured, and this one had only come because now the very breath was being crushed from him. The grip on his throat was steely, painful, and breath wouldn't enter or exit his lungs anymore.

Just as his vision began to swim from the even tighter grip, Anakin released enough for him to take in a rasping, tinny breath,

"Padme was healthy just days before Mustufar as well," Obi-Wan managed, and despite the fact he was being strangled, there was still that same stubborn calmness to his voice, the same resistance to anger or hatred or anything too passionate - but his eyes burned, a green fire that contrasted Anakin's red one.

"My powers can only do so much, Anakin, I couldn't save them." he said, stubbornly holding to it; he couldn't give away anything. Master Yoda had explained to him, the Anakin of before would have wanted Obi-Wan to do what he had to in order to protect the children - in this case, hiding them away from their father would keep them safe, unharmed.

Held for too long now, the world began to fade around the edges for Kenobi, so he finally did what he had been resisting doing; he fought back, using the Force to impact Anakin, to push him to the wall in a sudden, powerful burst, and it was enough for the Jedi to be released. He dropped to the ground, but he didn't take a moment to compose himself the way anyone else would have - instead, he immediately rose to his feet, always testing his boundaries - Qui-Gon had once said it would be his drive that would kill him.

Perhaps, though, it would be his former apprentice.

His lightsabre buzzed to life, a blue glow in an otherwise darkened room,

"Mass murder - the Jedi - you culled them Anakin, like animals. Even the children -" Obi Wan said, his voice hitching uncharacteristically, just for a moment, "What justice is there in what you've done? The Empire has set a precident, Anakin, and will only continue to kill - mindless death, with you at the centre of it all. You've become his puppet."

Anakin was at a loss. Padme was gone and apperently so was his unborn child, or so Obi-wan wanted him to believe. He wasn't ready to accept that his son had died along with Padme. No, he knew Obi-wan all too well. The baby's death hadn't been fortold in his nightmares. He could always hear a healthy newborn cry in his dreams... Clearly the true events of that day were known only to his former master. Obi-wan Kenobi, the man her loved first as a father, a brother, and more recently as a lover. There had been times during missions, when they were huddled together for warmth in cold places, when there seemed only a tiny speck of hope that they would survive this mission; during those times, he had felt the love each felt for each other grow and swell through the force. It was never spoken, for love was against a code, but it was always there. No matter how cold and impassive his master could be, it was there. Desperate for affection, for understanding, he turned to Padme and rekindled his love for her. Everything he had done, he'd done for the two of them. For Padme and Obi-wan. His quest for power had come to an end too late. He hadn't been able to save Padme, but...perhaps he could save his mentor.

He was thrown back against a wall, his back colliding with the hard stone with an audible crack before he slid to the ground. The suddenness of the act, when Obi-wan had been so passive up until now, startled him. His thoughts had thrown him off track. A new goal had been set. Save Obi-wan from himself, from his blind beliefs in a system that had long ago failed. His eyes were blazing as he picked himself up off his feet and gripped his lightsaber tightly. "You've never understood me master, so why would I expect you to understand my motives now? The Republic was an old and decrepit system many years before either of us were born. You've seen yourself the injustice....the endless bickering in courts and Senate until whole planets and life systems were wiped out. Well, no longer. A new and better way has been born from the ashes and blood of the old. I see now the path before me.... I will not kill you master. I will save you...from yourself." With that being said, he attacked. What followed was a flourish of lightsabers, a deadly dance of death in which Anakin had the upperhand. He knew all of his master's moves through the numerous sparring sessions that had engaged in. His new powers, brute strength, intensity, as well as his own youthfulness made him a force to be reckoned with. He didn't seek to kill or even to mortally maim, all of his blows were aimed at disabling Obi-wan's weapon.

Obi-Wan was watching his student, his ward, his - partner - stalk towards him like a wild cat, dressed all in black, pure sinew and rage. He had seen it before, of course, even when he had first met Anakin Skywalker as a young and idealistic nine year old, he had known there was something dark in him - but Qui-Gon Jinn's enthusiasm had led him to hesitantly take the boy under his wing. Back then, he had only just finished his own apprenticeship - he had been a boy himself.

But responsibility and determination had made Obi-Wan Kenobi rise in the ranks and gain knowledge and skill faster than any Jedi before him, had made him a part of the council only shortly after losing his braid.

Had made him a Master not so long after Anakin had lost his own braid.

It hadn't been so long ago, when that darkness had seemed just a speck - it was one that Obi-Wan had worried about from time to time, when he saw the gleam in Anakin's eyes, had even woken up at night, mortified by dreams that his apprentice had done terrible things. He had tried to keep Anakin from that path, had tried to press the Jedi code to him as a safety net, to keep him safe from his own darkness - but he hadn't been able to, couldn't stop the emotion that had already built inside of Anakin from his youth.

He couldn't help him surpass the trauma, or help him cope.

Obi-Wan Kenobi blamed himself for this, even though Master Yoda had told him not to, had told him there was ultimately nothing he could have done to stop this, but he just couldn't buy it - after all, he had seen the darkness. He just hadn't been able to stop it.

And now Anakin had that look in his eyes.

"I have seen the injustice of every system, of every government," Obi-Wan replied sharply, "The Republic is flawed, but your Empire is a dictatorship, it seeks to hold people hostage by their own fear, it instills hatred, feeds off of anguish - your motives may have been for good, Anakin, but they've been -"

Obi-Wan was cut off by Anakin coming at him, a speeding force, whirling lightsabre, and Obi-Wan brought his up and around, blocking a downwards swing and deflecting one aimed to his hand. Each strike from Anakin was almost careless in his anger the way he always had been when he struck, but there was a new fury to it, a new intention and speed and strength that hadn't been there before - he was being driven by his rage now, not by discipline.

Everything had been unleashed inside of Anakin Skywalker; it was like facing down a tornado.

But Obi-Wan held his ground; he had always excelled in every skill a Jedi was meant to have, had obsessively dedicated his life to being a Jedi Knight - there was no other aspect to his life, it had been encompassed by the title. It was why he had been able to best Anakin on Mustufar, despite all of his passion and fury, because Anakin's mind had ultimately been split by emotion, Obi-Wan had coldly held his centre, even though he was watching one of the few people close to him - break down. Dissolve. Fade away.

"- twisted." Obi-Wan finished roughly, as they stood close, lightsabres pinned together before he shoved away to create space between them. Suddenly, he found himself thinking of his late master, and his death - would this be where it would end for one of them, would one of them fall in the Jedi temple they had grown up in?

But no, then came the dark promise from Anakin, the determination not to kill him but to - save him, and Obi-Wan felt something cold and bleak claw down his spine, not fear, but something that came from pure instinct. Something that told him Anakin's darkness had gone beyond what he had even seen.

Anakin wasn't aiming to kill him.

He was trying to disarm him.

He wanted to take him alive, and standing in the darkened temple surrounded by the memory of his fallen comrades and the knowledge of what had happened - and knowing that the empire would grow - Obi-Wan knew that he didn't want to be taken.

"I will not be a pawn of the empire." Obi-Wan said, parrying a strike.

There was a time when Anakin had fought with all the precision and discipline of a jedi knight. After losing his hand, he had learned to hold back slightly during his fights, to hone in on his opponent's weaknesses and strategies before rushing in. He had truly earned his title as a jedi knight, it had taken him a long time to learn what patience was. Now, all that he had learned, every check that balanced him, seem forever gone. He was like a wild storm, a tornado ripping and tearing apart anything that came in contact with him. The only saving grace for Obi-wan was that the sith apprentice wasn't aiming to kill. His lightsaber streamed through the air, striking at less vulnerable points. He was blocked on all accounts, afterall his former master was a master at wielding a lightsaber. He would have expected no less. Unfortunately, as time wore on, he could sense Obi-wan weakening and this doubled his resolve and the strength of his attacks.

"Getting tired Obi-wan" His voice cut through the whirl and hum of lightsabers which echoed through the empy halls of the jedi temple. His next attacked aimed at the base of Obi-wan's weapon, smirking triumphantly as he saw his opponent's weapon fling from his hand and clatter to the ground a few feet away. Instantly he shot infront of the fallen lightsaber, blocking the jedi master's attempts to retrieve it. "Now, this seems familar. I can't quite place it though..." He paused long enough to taunt, his eyes cruel and his voice sadistic. "What was it that you told me, Obi-wan? Ahh yes." Anakin blocked every attack up until now, every attempt to retrieve the fallen weapon. One of his hands slipped into his black robe, discreetly pulling out a fine tipped dart. A split second later his free hand shot out, grabbing the jedi by his wrist and jabbing the dart into his skin with his other hand. As he did this, his mouth came in close proximity to his former master's ear, making sure he could hear every twisted word. "Your weapon is your life." The dart contained a paralysis poison that would knock him out and leave him immobile for hours.

His hands wrapped around the older man as he slumped forward, catching him before he could fall. He held him for a few minutes and reached to tenderly brush a hand through auburn hair. "I won't fail you, my former master. I swear it." He gave a solemn promise. This time would be different, this time...his power would not fail him. He would convert Obi-wan to the dark side, even if he had to break and remake him from the inside out. Witha heavy sigh, he threw the unconscious jedi master over his shoulder, barely registering the heavier weight. Turning on his heel, he gave one last look at the jedi temple, silently apologizing for stealing away the last of the once noble jedi order. "He belongs with me." His twisted mind rationalized as he carried the older male to a ship and transported him to his own quarters in the city.

He had to justify Obi-wan's existence to the Emperor and the only way to do that was to neutralize the threat. He had to make Obi-wan powerless, he had to break his connection to the force. That was a very hard thing to do and the very idea of it made him flinch in discomfort. A jedi was one with the force, born with a connection to it. To be without it...it would be like missing half of your body. He had to do it though. Even the implantation of the chip brought him back to those long days when he had been a slave. When a simple chip had controlled his fate. Until Qui Gonn and Obi-wan had showed up. He hadn't stayed to watch the procedure, it brought back too many memories of that happy day when his own chip had been removed. How ironic, that day he had been freed and this day marked Obi-wan's enslavement. That thought left a bad taste in his mouth.

He was there, a few days later, when his former master's eyes opened at last. Obi-wan would not find himself behind bars or in a cell of some sort. Instead he would awaken on a soft bed, wearing a black gown and in a spacious room with Anakin sitting in the center of the room. His eyes were closed and his brow was furrowed, meditating and completely off guard.

They moved together, a dance they had performed as partners time and time again in sparring sessions, only now the fluidity of it was gone and replaced by a harsh fury - it was a fierce storm, a whirl of blue and red light as the sabres flashed through the air.

Obi-Wan could recall that Anakin's sabre had once been blue like his own - the lightsabres were specific to their wielders, each one had been pieced together by the Jedi, the crystals were taken from an ice cavern on IIum and each student would spend time meditating over them, constructing the weapon that would accompany them through their entire lives.

And Anakin had traded his in - the weapon he had constructed as a Jedi, it may have been discarded or put aside, and had been exchanged for one he had constructed as a Sith. This fact caused a strange new wrenching in Obi-Wan's chest, even as he fought against Anakin.

The fight went on for longer than even on Mustufar, yet it was contained within one dark room, going on and on until Obi-Wan felt the sleeplessness, felt the ache in his muscles from the previous days, when old war wounds began to warn him he couldn't go on forever, an ancient leg injury telling him to stop.

But he didn't; he pushed on the way he always did, he fought until finally, for the first time, Anakin bested his former master, knocking the lightsabre away and sending it clattering across the floor. Despite his weariness, Obi-Wan immediately launched for it, spry and intent on retrieving his weapon, but Anakin was faster and took hold of his arm, twisted.

He brought his arm back, jamming his elbow into Anakin's ribs, but before he could go any further or strike him again, something pierced the skin of his neck, plunged into muscle. Almost immediately there was searing pain, followed by heat, and then a head rush that had Obi-Wan losing his equilibrium.

The world flipped and began to fade, and as his legs gave out, he felt Anakin come closer, pull him against him, felt his breath on his ear, heard his voice, like poison. He faded in and out, and for a moment he felt a hand brush against his forehead,

I won't fail you, my former master. I swear it.

After that, consciousness only came in blinks; the inside of a shuttle, the brief sight of Anakin's eyes looking down at him, the surgical whites and gleaming metals of a medical room - the pain of a knife cutting into him, the sutures.

When Obi-Wan woke up, he already knew what had been done to him, partly from the pain, but mostly because of the sensation of a sudden and profound loss - the dissappearance of the energy from the Force, as though it was still there, but just beyond his reach. For a long moment he laid still in the spot, tried to connect with the life energy that he had been attached to since his very birth, but nothing came.

And then, moments later, there came pain.

But this wasn't just any pain; this was something raw and furious that struck every nerve in Obi-Wan's body, a searing jolt of it that caused him to gasp out loud, eyes flying open; when he ceased trying to connect to the Force, the pain died away, leaving him with every muscle aching, his vision blurred from it.

When his sight came back to him, he finally acknowledged his placement; it wasn't a cell as he had expected it to be, but a bed, and he had been changed into dark robes - and there, sitting in the room, was Anakin, deep in meditation. Obi-Wan moved to sit up, but his muscles protested to it so aggressively that he had to try the motion a second time - but, stubborn and adamant as ever, he did it and even began to force himself to his feet, ignoring the lurching sensation inside of him.

He was no threat now, he knew that - without the Force, without a weapon, he was a civilian up against a Sith; Anakin had every advantage.

"You will only encounter further anguish on this path, Anakin."

Anakin wore only a pair of loose black pants, sitting comfortably in a meditative stand with his legs crossed and seemingly completely unaware of the neutralized jedi's awakened presence. Oh, on some level he was very much aware. He was simply giving his former master time to realize and come to terms with his predicament. The Coruscant sun rose slowly in the sky, sending beams of pure sunlight streaming through the window behind the meditating Sith. His figure appeared to be shining for a few moments, covered in the light filtering in from the window. How utterly ironic. He was the darkest thing in this bright room. After a few minutes passed, he drew in several deep and calming breaths. His yellow and red tinged eyes flew open and a smile graced his face. It was a boyish smile, not unlike the many he had given his master over the years as his braided apprentice. "I have a new name now. It's Lord Vader....but you can call me Anakin when it's just the two of us." He said passively, acting as if nothing at all had changed between the two of them. As if they weren't at war with one another.

"No doubt you've discovered your current condition. I am deeply sorry, Obi-wan. I didn't want to do it, but you left me with no choice and this was the only way I could justify sparing your life. If you cooperate, I can have you restored to your full power in very little time." Like a child waving a chocolate bar infront of a starving orphan's face. "This is my home. You're free to move around and explore it." He stood slowly, stretching out his arms to work out any cramps he had gathered during his meditation. Anakin had grown from a scrawny slave boy into a very fit and very handsome warrior. His sun kissed skin seemed to shimmer in the sunlight. It was only the darkness in his eyes and the general dangerous aura surrounding him that marked him as a sith. "The Emperor is aware of your existence. He urged me to finish you, but I stood up for you. I have plans for you...and from now on you can consider your self my apprentice." He finished with a knowing grin. Oh how the tables had turned and twisted when Anakin became the master and Obi-wan the pupil. "I will break you of your prescious code and remake you."

The difference between the two men was obvious; where Anakin was sleek, precisely groomed and all lean and attractive muscle, Obi-Wan was ragged-looking, unshaven and looking just a little too thin and scarred these days, built of muscle that was made from years of excessive use. It was the indication of two painfully different lifestyles. Where Anakin had been living outside the code, he had taken to more luxuries than he had had been given back in his life on Tatooine, it had left him looking more lustrous despite the prosthetic arm - Obi-Wan, however, had continued to live the minimalist life that Jedi were raised with, and it had resulted in a much rougher appearance.

He listened to Anakin, silent as the other man spoke, but there was no visible response from Obi-Wan, beyond a characteristic lofting of an eyebrow - expressions were a rare thing for Kenobi, and only the harshest situations gained a true physical reaction from him. This, of course, was a worst-case scenario, but the coldness of his particular Jedi training hadn't left him, creating a startling contrast of his calmness against Anakin's heated gaze.

"I will not acquiesce." Obi-Wan said simply; there was no challenge in his voice, no dare, but a simple statement of fact. He was on his feet now, taking a few steps to get his muscles working again, to assess his body and any damage - a spot on his shoulder ached furiously, the pain of a recent surgical procedure.

A glance to the windows told him they were still in Coruscant - it was the only blessing in what was currently a bleak situation - but all things could be endured.

"There is nothing for you to gain, keeping me here." Obi-Wan reasoned, peering out at the sunlight and it hit the golds in his hair and the green in his eyes, lit him up the way it had lit Anakin. There was youth in Obi-Wan Kenobi still, a young man beneath the robes and the rules, but life had created age in his eyes and left him looking tired - moreso, after the losses.

He peered over at Anakin when the younger man offered a smile that had nothing to do with what smiles normally meant; this was something dark and cruel, and Obi-Wan regarded him coolly.

"Jedi are peace-keepers - we settled wars, stopped them, we were meant to be mediators. Your Empire has created a new war entirely, renewed the terror - instead of serving the people, you've sought to wield power over them."

He turned fully to face him; the dark robes looked strange on Obi-Wan, who had never worn anything but the neutrals of a Jedi,

"You've strayed so far from the path, Anakin." he said, "But you can still turn back - you needn't dwell in your own darkness to enact change in this galaxy."

Anakin didn't seem too put out by his former comrade's lack of enthusiasm for his current position. It certainly wouldn't be like Obi-wan to enjoy his current position or show a sliver of emotion. He was, essentially, caged without the reality of iron bars. Both he and the boy formally known as Lord Vader, knew this. "You'll notice that I didn't ask. I stated a fact." His handsome face, smooth and angular except for a scar around one of his eyes, darkened ever so slightly. Would it kill him to be grateful? It was only Anakin's influence that had kept Obi-wan alive. He'd driven a hard bargain with the Emporer, but then again he hadn't been expecting any thanks for his mercy. His dark look disappeared for a few moments as he watched in utter fascination as his former master came near the window, the light shining in made him looke ten years younger. He decided one of his first actions would be to ensure that awful beard was shaved off. He'd never liked it to begin,but at the time his master had begun growing it, there was nothing he could do about it.

Vader took a few steps forward until his taller and leaner frame stood mere inches from the jedi whose back was to him. He could see that the familar sunrise put Obi-wan to ease. He took advantage of that small moment to wrap an arm around Obi and yank him back against his bare chest. He stood there, simply locking his new apprentice in place, content to breath in Obi-wan's scent, feel the warmth of his body. It had been a horrid experience for him these last few days and it was clear from the way he held the smaller man that he was still deeply mourning Padme. Atleast that was one of the many reasons that lead him to cling to his beloved Obi-wan. "I cannot lose you. I've lost everyone and everything else....but not you. You'll stay here with me and in time you will come to see things my way. I promise you this." His words were laced with raw emotion and if Obi-wan had the ability to feel through the force, which he didn't, he would find Anakin radiating with pain, hope, sadness, and love.

Eventually he pulled away, rather sharply at the harsh words dealt to him. In an instant his face twisted into an enraged expression. "You will not speak of the old ways! I forbid it! I do not want to hear of it. The jedi are dead and gone. That is all there is to it. If the empire is as horrible as you say, then tell me why no one is opposing it? There have been no further incidents since I 'cultivated' the temple as you so delicately put it. Everyone was all too happy to abandon the Replublic! There are no rebel fractions, Obi-wan. You alone are resisting the new order."

Obi-Wan was - tired. In fact, he was exhausted, and without the Force to garner a little extra strength, his mind was almost hazy - he only became aware of Anakin's approach moments before the arms secured around him.

It was a bizarre sensation; Jedi weren't forbidden to touch, but Obi-Wan had always been distant, only ever touched others to shake hands during formal meetings, or would rarely place a gentle hand on Anakin's shoulder for comfort - but those times were few and far between, and save for sparing embraces when Anakin had been a child in need of comfort, the two men had rarely touched.

To be pulled back into his former Padawan's arms was strange, and particularly with the words that accompanied the touch. Obi-Wan stiffened visibly; he didn't fight the embrace, but he didn't respond to it either; so unused to touch that didn't come from combat, the Jedi Knight seemed completely unsure of how to react to it. For that long moment, he could feel the heat of Anakin's chest through the material of the robes, could feel his heart throbbing, could feel his breath across his ear, enough that Obi-Wan almost had to duck his head as the air brushed across his neck.

Obi-Wan felt his own heart jump; he ignored it.

"You've lost yourself, Anakin." Obi-Wan replied, and he felt Anakin pull away then, a jerky movement as the younger man stalked the room, like a wild cat all over again.

"The Force lives on, as does the Jedi code - there is no aggressive opposition to the Empire out of fear; those who oppose it are being eradicated, you must see this - all of the death and destruction that has paved the path to the empire's ruling isn't for the greater good - it's to ensure unquestioning, frightened obedience."

His eyes moved back to the sunlight,

"If I am alone in this, then I will continue to resist alone." Obi-Wan said simply, but the tone of his voice indicated he wasn't particularly convinced he was alone - even with so many Jedi gone, there would be others who opposed the Empire. There would be so many more, and they would only grow in number as years passed.

Anakin had always known of his master's coldness, his inability to express emotion and ofcourse his adversion to touch. It was part of what had drew him to Padme when he met up with her once again. Padme, who lavished love and affection upon a boy who was dearly starved of it. It was no wonder he'd fallen for her and begun a love affair that had been destined to end in tragedy from the moment it began. It seemed Anakin was forcing Obi-wan to stay with him and he showed no signs of remorse for this. He feared being alone, his fear fueled his uncertaintly and anger...the list of dark emotions ran on and on. Least of all...lust. It soon became apperent that he was growing tired of the hopeful drivel that his master was spewing. It was blasphemy against the Emperor, his new master and he wouldn't allow it. In his own warped mind, he had already justified the means towards this end. He didn't want to rationalize it on different terms. In a different light, it made him a murderer instead of a hero. His pride and conscience couldn't bear that burden.

"Silence!" His voice seemed to shake the very walls of the building again. He wasn't controlling the raw enegery building up inside of him, which caused it to leak out and cause damage. A crack appeared in glass window where Obi-wan stared out into the warm skies. A bird with clipped wings. How appropriate. "I don't care if I lose myself, so long as I don't lose those I love." His voice calmed slightly, drawing back to sit on the recently occupied bed. "I meant what I said before. Don't speak of the jedi, the code, or anything else related to your old life. I don't want to hear about it. Everyone is dead and gone. Get over it. If you insist on disobeying me then I will be forced to employ punishment. I can make your life much worse, I am veing extremely kind to you right now out of our friendship."

Obi-Wan watched a vein appear in the glass in front of him, cracked from Anakin's fury, from his loss of control, from his rage - Anakin was standing on a ledge, prepared to leap from it, to tumble down into an endless abyss. After what his former apprentice had done, he had thought the boy he had once known would be completely lost - but no, there were signs of him still, an indication that Anakin Skywalker could still be retrieved from the darkness.

He inspected the glass for a moment, almost thoughtfully, and traced a long, calloused finger against the fracture.

The skyline of Coruscant looked back at him, a world continuing on, but now with a shadow cast over it.

"The Empire has already led to the death of many that you love." Obi-Wan replied softly, knowing he was enraging Anakin, knowing all too well that he would pay for it, yet unable to find it in himself to care,

"Every Jedi Knight you grew up with, Master Jinn, Kolar, Windu, the younglings. All of them, casualties of the Empire, casualties of a system that destroys everyone in its path."

His back still turned away, he was unmoving for a long moment, then he spoke again,

"There is no physical pain you can cause me that will outweigh what has already been done." Obi-Wan replied, voice calm, almost as though he were in meditation.

The calmer Obi-wan became, the angrier Anakin seemed to become. As his temper rose, the reddish cracks in his eyes widened, drowning out the sickly yellow color. He began to pace back and force, a dangerous and sleek jungle cat getting ready to pounce on his prey. "Masters, apprentices, younglings...it doens't matter anymore. Weren't you the one always preaching that the past belongs behind us?" He snapped, flinging his arm out in Obi-wan's direction and as he did so an invisible hand grabbed the jedi master by his throat, lifting him up off of the ground and tossing him in the direction of the bed. A split second later the blonde sith lord was crouching overtop of him, glaring down into those green eyes. "You've always said I feel too much. Well, if that is true then you feel too little. All I have ever wanted, all I ever needed was something you never gave freely. No matter how hard I tried, no matter how I grew and mastered what you taught, it was never enough. Do you know how maddening that was?" His hands gripped Obi-wan by the wrists, pinning him forcefully to the bed. Every muscle in his body was taut and strained, his eyes glazed somewhere between insanity and rage.

"If you refuse to listen to me, then I will just have to begin your training a bit early, my apprentice." He took great pleasure in calling Obi-wan his student, that much could be gleamed from the grin on his face. "I have a new code for you to learn and you will recite it until you commit to memory." This brought memories of long ago when his master had made him recite the jedi code over and over again until he had commited it to memory. "Peace is a lie, there is only passion." He switched both wrists into one hand, using his freed hand to yank open the black cloak Obi-wan wore, sliding his hand down his chest, making no secret of his current motive. "Through passion, I gain strength." Their lips were now mere inches apart. "Through strength, I gain power. Through power I gain victory[/i.] Through victory my chains are broken. The force shall set me free. Repeat it." Ofcourse he wasn't really expecting Obi-wan to obey.

He hadn't turned, but he could hear Anakin behind him, his footsteps shifting back and forth - normally the younger man stepped too silently, but the heaviness of the heel strike told Obi-Wan that the rage was building in his former apprentice. Obi-Wan felt no fear, he didn't tense the way a man should when faced with imminent death - he simply stood there in silence as though it was back to a time when Anakin was his padawan and he was patiently waiting for his apprentice to complete some part of his training.

"The past belongs behind us," Obi-Wan agreed, "But that doesn't mean it should be forgotten."

Suddenly there was restriction in his breathing; brute strength clamped down around his neck and he found himself sprawled out on the wide bed. He immediately tried to get up, but Anakin was on top of him, glowering down at him, eyes filled with crimson rage and his beautiful face twisted with something horrible.

Hands like steel bars clamped over his wrists, held them down, and Obi-Wan stared up at Anakin, honest surprise showing in green eyes when his robes were wrenched open, baring his upper torso. A hand slipped down his skin, strange and foreign, and Obi-Wan told himself it was simply Anakin's attempt to make his current weakness more apparent - this was, surely, just a build up to violence. It was inevitable, given what had been done to every other Jedi the Empire had encountered - though, most of them had died quickly. There was some small relief in that knowledge.

There was no pause after Anakin's demand, not even a moment where he considered repeating the Sith code.

"There is no emotion, there is peace." Obi-Wan said loyally, pressing back against the sheets to put just a little more space between them, his eyes still on Anakin's, "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."

Anakin's lips quirked into a wide and dangerous smile, almost as if he'd been expecting this little act of defiance. Obi-wan just wouldn't be himself if he gave in so easily. It's what made things interesting. His free handslid up, pressing a finger to his apprentice's mouth, feeling the prickliness of his beard. He decided that would have to go, without it the jedi would look so much younger. "That oath is extinct, apprentice. It is full of lies and hypocracy." His eyes were twinkling eerily with devilish intent. Obi-wan could be as defiant as he wanted to be, Anakin didn't mind if this particular learning session was drawn out all day and night because he could indulge himself in leaning Kenobi's very lean and fit body. "You're beautiful Obi-wan, no matter how you try to hide it under that beard. I have desired you ever since I was old enough to know what that meant. You have been my brother and my father, but I would have you be my lover. If you insist on spouting lies....then I will do what I have to, to set you on the right path." He heaved a mocking sigh, acting as if he were getting ready to do a chore.

Wordlessly his head dropped and his lips wasted no time seeking out Obi-wan's, his hand raising to hold his former master's by the chin, holding him in place for the long, passionate and drugging kisses that followed. If General Kenobi was ice, then Anakin surely was fire, scorching and claiming with his mouth. His tongue delicately prying the jedi's lips apart, dipping leisurely into that warm cavern and claiming it as vigorously as he had his mouth. Atlast he pulled away for a breath of air, grinning down at what was surely a very shocked and flsutered apprentice. "You never even knew how I've longed for you. I love you. I would give my life for you, I would do anything for you." He loved Padme as well, but she was gone and though he still mourned her, he had pressing matters to attend to. His hand loosened it's grip on Obi-wan's chin and slid down the bare plains of his chest, taking a detour to pinch one of his nipples. "Recite the correct oath and I will cease touching you. I certainly hope you are feeling up to your usual stubborn self today..."

Even pinned, powerless, weaponless, and with Anakin's hands on him, Obi-Wan Kenobi was resolute; he saw the cold smile that was crawling across the younger man's face but he continued on despite knowing he seemed to be encouraging something awful in Skywalker.

"There is no passion, there is serenity." Obi-Wan continued, until a finger pressed to his lips to silence him, and he watched the other man, his expression peaceful while Anakin's was something dark humoured - and it remained peaceful, up until the point Anakin began to speak again.

Slowly, something like puzzlement crossed the Jedi Master's face; Kenobi had always been a man of intellect and rationale, but in regards to the delicate matter of other people's emotions, he had never been terribly perceptive. He had, of course, always been aware of the close bond between him and his former apprentice, aware of the friendship that had blossomed over the years and the strange connection that had developed, as it always did between apprentice and master.

But the sudden proclamation of desire - something that the Jedi Code had always warned padwan and masters alike about - was cause for Obi-Wan's brows to climb high; his lips parted very slightly in his astonishment, which turned out to be a mistake on his part as Anakin suddenly dipped in and claimed his mouth.

That was what he did then - he claimed his mouth; it wasn't a chaste kiss, or even a sweet one - it was something passionate and furious, a perfect reflection of Anakin, and the sensation of it was pure heat. For a moment, Obi froze against Anakin, eyes wide as his mouth was ravaged by a long, hot tongue - and after a long moment, the Jedi began to writhe beneath the other man, shifting and trying to pull away from the kiss, but the hand on his jaw held him in place.

When Anakin finally broke away for air, Obi-Wan could only stare up at him in shock, his mind refusing to process what was happening, searching for any other reason, any explanation, but coming up with none. Anakin was acting of his own volition, all of his behaviours were unrestrained, without rules or any code beyond the one that told him to forget what he had been taught as a Jedi Knight.

This was Anakin Skywalker, saying he wanted him, saying he loved him, pinning him down and telling him to betray the Code he had been raised by.

"There is no death," Obi-Wan continued breathlessly, pushing himself onwards; Anakin's hand had begun to slide down his chest, and long fingers pinched at one of his nipples, causing the Jedi to jerk violently as the sensation clawed down his spine, painfully responsive. There was a hitch in his breath, but still he refused the order he had been given.

"There is the Force."

"Stubborn as usual...." Anakin's voice deepened to a huskier tone which would have normally made any female lifeform in the immediate area feel an urge to procreate. With his brooding good locks, Anakin had never lacked for admirers. No matter what planet they landed on, inevitably women were drawn to him. This had both negative and positive outcomes. The scar which lined his left eye only drew on his brooding looks, lending his previously boyish face a more mature and battle hardened edge. He and Obi-wan had seen many battles, they had saved eachother's lives countless times. Feelings and emotions were bound to grow. They had lived, breathed, eaten, and slept in close quarters for over ten years. "It's ok. I was counting on that." His lips were inches from the jedi master's ear, breathing sin with every rise and fall of his chest. "Please, take your time. I want to learn your body.." He certainly had no shame. No restraint. No embarassment. Obi-wan problably had Padme to thank for that. His fingers roamed to the other nipple, giving the pink nub a sharp pinch before sliding his other hand up to capture the abondonned nipple. He began to rolling and tweak both nipples for a few moments, his dark eyes never leaving his former master's face, capturing every reaction and committing it to memory.

"When you're ready to tell me something other then the lies you seem so intent on clinging to, you know what to do. There can only be one code." His tongue began to trace a long wet line down Obi-wan's throat, stopping to lap at the fast beating pulse at his jugular vein and then detouring down his neck to nibble on his collar bone. "Mmmm..." Even his voice was pure sex, dripping with sin and dark intentions. One of his hands relinquished a nipple in favor of sliding down the center of his chest, stopping to caress various scars he found along the way. He had been there to witness most of these scars, he knew them by heart, knew every injury his former master had suffered. Tenderly he allowed his figners to trace a jagged pink scar along Obi-wan's lower stomach, just above his pants. "I killed the nemodian who gave you this. You remember? My first kill." He had been very young at the time and frightened when his mentor went down during a fight. He had struck out at the alien being in anger and won by pure luck.

Obi-Wan Kenobi the normally stoic Jedi Master was presently unable to completely remove the expression of shock from his face; though most of his features remained unreadable, it was his eyes that gave him away - ever expressive, they widened when Anakin's fingers tugged and pinched at him, a motion that made the muscles in his chest and stomach spasm in response.

With both of Anakin's hands at his chest now, Obi-Wan pushed his hands beneath himself to try and move away from the younger man, to put some space between them, but his former Padawan was busily murmuring against his neck, and he could feel the warm trail of a mouth along his skin, teeth along his collarbone - fingers, drawing lines across the lifetime of scars that marred him.

He felt the fingertips drag along an older scar that sat on his abdomen, just near the dip of his hipbone, and he closed his eyes, simultaneously trying to supress a shudder that went through him.

"I remember." Obi-Wan confirmed, "You were - angry. Frightened. You reacted - and you felt guilt afterwards."

He opened his eyes again,

"But what about now, Anakin? Do you feel guilt? Master Windu - surely that couldn't have been an easy task for you, not just the action itself - but your involvement in his death. You grew up with him - he knew you since you were very young." Obi-Wan said, trying to disregard the lingering heat on his skin from where Anakin had touched him, trying to redirect Anakin's attention.

"I reacted to protect you. To save you. I took up your lightsaber and struck down the creature who wounded you." It seemed like forever ago. He'd barely been a padawan more then a year and still hadn't been issued his own lightsaber. Padawans at that early of a stage were always told to run or hide during battle situations. He had disobeyed the rules even back then. From that day on, the darkness inside of little Ani had reared it's ugly head. His eyes had blazed that day much the same as they did now when he was enraged. Standing over the body of his conquered enemy, the young padawan Anakin had dropped his master's lightsaber and fell to his knees. His robes had been soaked in blood for the first time that day...and the only consolation he had gotten from his master had been a lecture on what he -should- had done and an awkward hug before Obi-wan had been taken to the medical facilities. Anakin's guilt had lasted all of three long days. To console himself he only had to look at his master, telling himself that Obi-wan was alive and breathing because Anakin had acted to save him. If he had turned tail and ran as his master had told him to do that day, Obi-wan would not have survived. He justified his own actions.

"I knew from the very beginning that the jedi order was outdated and faulty." He said softly. It had been a lesson well learned. He ran his thumb over the scar littering Obi-wan's hip and abdomen, a light feathery touch. "....had I followed the rules that day, you would not be alive. You protected me many times, you've pulled my butt out of many a dangerous situations....and you said it yourself on Genova. You love me." Like a brother, like a father....but surely there was more. He was betting on it and Anakin had always been particularly good at games of chance and luck.

His hand slipped lower as his head dipped, his yellowish-red eyes smoldering as his lips caught a pink nub and latched on tightly while his hand worked at undoing the lower portion of Obi-wan's clothes. He seemed content to carry out his sinful explorations...until Mace Windu was brought up. His head snapped up, remembering that fateful night when he had struck down Master Windu. His eyes fell shut, his hands stilling. He could still see it all so clearly. Mace had been hellbent on destroying the sith. He hadn't been willing to listen to Anakin's pleading at all. It had all happened so fast....and before Anakin could stop himself he had acted on impulse. Remorse. Yes. He had felt remorse. What have I done?

"I'm glad you brought that up. Master Windu was in the process of killing Emporer Palpatine once I alerted him to the presence of a sith. He wouldn't listen to me. He was going to kill Palpatine without a trial. Now tell me, is that the way of the your prescious republic? I killed him and whatever remorse I felt was brief. I realized then that the jedi are just as, if not even more corrupt then the sith."

"You reacted with your feelings," Obi-Wan replied, "You reacted because of - because of the connection we had, instead of reacting as you had been taught to. You could have been killed that day, Anakin - the rules for Padwan learners had been created with a purpose, not as an act of cruelty or even control, but to keep Padawans alive through the course of their training."

Fingers were trailing over his side now, the touch so light that it felt vaguely like he was being tickled, and Obi-Wan's muscles twitched in reaction. He shifted his eyes away, off to the side of the room and his voice was distant when he spoke again:

"I appreciated what you did for me that day, but I couldn't be lax on the rules - you started your training very late and you needed boundaries. You needed discipline. But even then, we still butted heads like feuding Acklays."

Anakin lowered, and he felt his former Padawan's mouth - oh god.

Obi-Wan's entire body had tensed now, his jaw clenched shut, and Anakin's hands were busying themselves with unlacing the loose trousers - but he stopped, he stilled entirely for a long moment as something the Master had said finally had some impact on him. His eyes snapped back to Anakin, voice filled with - disbelief.

"Master Windu's purpose in coming to Palpatine had been to put him under arrest pending a trial - you know as well as I do that Windu would never attack without provocation. Palpatine killed Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto - their corpses were strewn across the chancellors office - surely you've made the connection that Windu's actions were as a result of self-defense, not some malicious and unprovoked treason. Has your hatred blinded you so thoroughly?"

Back
Top Bottom