Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trolling for respect (LF DM)

Grim Troll

Star
So, been a while since I've been on, but have recently had some heart issues. Runs in the family, but still. Been reading a bit, and there is a particular idea that I would like to find a DM for, after reading a good bit of The Slayers Guide to Trolls and Classic Play - Strongholds and Dynasties. More accurately, I want to be playing a troll that actually manages to carve out his own little realm, but hook, crook, club and low taxes!

Still, some things about Gruck, the troll lurking in me head for some reason or another.

Gruck is a young troll, and as he is not a female, hi chances of respect and being the big thing are not overly likely if he remains with his band. Really though, while he can thank the band for toughening him up, there is precious little else to look forward too. But, he has caught faint glimmers from previous dinners, held prisoner temporarily by the band. Tales of lords in the south, ruling and getting that thing he craved above all others.

Respect.

Now, he is not the most educated seeker after fame and glory, but he knows the basics of what he must acquire! A fortress on a hill! Warriors under his command! A bard to sing and tell tales of his might! A court wizard to do things! And at least one village of commoners to lord over!

So, he does not have the clearest idea of what respect actually is. But he has a dream....

So, what am I looking for? I'm looking to do something rather serious. I'm looking to carve out and build a realm, and in a somewhat serious manner. Sure, there will be humor, there will be a troll not really understanding the various reactions all too well..... and for that matter, not really caring for the rules of the civilized lands, even as he works towards being civilized... after a fashion.

Still this would be a D&D 3.5 game, with elements of 3e in it, but I welcome anyone that is willing to give this a go!

Back
Top Bottom