Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tablet Games (for iPad/touch phones)

Hullo! I searched but couldn't see a thread for games sich as these.

Do you have any great finds on games that can be played over tablets or touchscreen phones? :D Share it here!

I do admit that nothing beats the good old PC or console games where you can actually have more controls than just tapping but hey, you can play games when you are waiting in line for the train for instance on a mobile. I do admit that I miss the keypad phones but they are somewhat rarer now.

For me, I have PVZ 2 loaded in my tablet and it has been fun but then I finished all the levels already and I'm finding more games such as those that I could play. I do not find those Candy Crush type of games to be amusing or fulfilling, so no to those.

All the Angry Birds games are great, fuck the haters. At least, the ones I've played. I particularly enjoy Pop, which is a reskinned Bust-A-Move.

Event Horizon is an amazingly expansive space combat game, worth a shot if you like blowing things up and sticking the pieces on your ship.

OLO is the single finest mobile game ever made. Think competitive shuffleboard/air hockey in a format that feels divine on a touchscreen. 2/4 players only, though it supports online.

DraStic is a full-featured DS emulator, so that's pretty great.

If you like idle/clicker games, I recommend The Prince Billy Bob, Idle Evolution 2, and Virtual Beggar.

Cytus is a two-thumb take on Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents. WARNING: ALL THE MUSIC IS ULTRA-ANIME. Despite this, the gameplay is fucking solid, and keeps me coming back.

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed is a heavily monetized version of the console/handheld kart racer. If you can stomach saving up coins, the underlying game is still the best kart racer of the last decade. (When did Double Dash come out? That was more than 10 years, right?)

bitDungeon 2 is a randomly generated roguelike ARPG. Very heavily inspired by older zelda games, but everything is GRIM. Art's beautiful, though.

In Turbo Dismount, you crash cars off of turbo pads, jumps, and other cars to inflict the most damage possible to the driver.

Not games, but fun things to supplement your gaming (on android, at least) is Google Opinion Rewards, which pays out play store credit for surveys/Maps information, and the various controller options, foremost of which is the Dualshock 4. Hold the PS and Options when it's off, and it'll start in pairing mode, designated by the rapid blink. Find it in your bluetooth menu and you're good to go. The Dualshock 3 requires an app called 'Sixaxis controller' and a USB-OTG cord, or a Linux computer. Not sure about XBox controllers - If they have a basic bluetooth Pair function, they should work.

I'd recommend FTL (Faster Than Light). It's a rogue-like where you command a ship in space, and are outrunning a fleet of ships out to destroy you. It's less of an action game, and more of a strategy game where you divert power to various systems, and upgrade both ship and crew. Combat is done ship vs ship, or during boarding raids. You choose which guns to shoot and when, how much power to put into shields, manage fires that break out within the interior of your ship, and even tactically suck the oxygen out of your own ship to kill off boarding parties. It's not a game you will ever win on your first try, or even your fifth. FTL is all about seeing how far you can get against the kinda brutal RNG.

two games that i LOVE and are totally addicting the first is Sky Whale, its a Nickelodeon game but its like toss the turtle if you've ever played that and the other one is in the same strain and its called Fish out of water! I have a three year old so i have like a hundred games most of them are learning.

Monster ate my metropolis is another good one its a turn based card game where you play a monster and you have to destroy a city.

I play these games when I'm waiting in line. They do not require thinking. It is just mindless sliding of fingers to merge creatures:
Giraffe Evolution
Platypus Evolution
Goat Evolution

These are essentially the same with the animal being different. Sure, it is not much but entertaining when waiting for the train in the station or in any line. The art and word play on the names are good.

Back
Top Bottom