Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

|| Cell Block A || - Gardens -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tag: Akila

Kaige’s eyes were wide as she starred at the sweet treat now in her hands. “You should do it more often,” she told her, barely able to contain her excitement. Kaige looked like a child, bursting with anticipation. As much as she wanted to grab the spoon and dig in, she held back. Moving closer to Akila, she held the bowl closer to her, offering the spoon. “Come on then. You get the first bite. You deserve it. After all, we wouldn’t have this if it wasn’t for you.” She wanted to say thanks to her, but something held her back. Looking up at the sky for a moment, with the cold bowl still in her hands, Kaige couldn’t help but think, ‘If I can’t be free, then this is pretty good.’

rsz_blue-eyed-woman-wallpaper-2_zpsdpc6nqev.jpg

Gardens
Tags: Kaige

Akila shook her head, "We can both take the first bite. C'mon."

Grabbing one of the spoons she scooped a large bite, holding it in the air as he waited for Kaige to do the same. On the count of three they both popped the ice cream in their mouth. It was so cold and creamy, and so good. Akila hummed and she swallowed the bite, her mouth left with the taste of chocolate as she scooped another mouthful.

"So...so good." she murmured.

“Okay then,” she agreed, eager to taste the sweet treat. Even the spoon was cold as she scooped up a bite and held it up along with Akila, and then…..It hit her tongue as the spoon slipped from her mouth. Chocolate and sugar exploded on her tongue in an experience she had not had in some time. Kaige closed her eyes, allowing the taste to fill her mouth and take her back to another time, a time when she was young, sitting on a stool, swinging her feet as her mother watched her enjoy the treat.

‘Maybe it’ll help cool her down. I mean she’s able to do..what she does..but maybe this will make her so cool she can’t do it.’

It occurred her to now, years later, it wasn’t a treat. It was an attempt to stifle a power that none of them understood. Still the memory was of a happier time, and she would devour it along with the ice cream. “This is good. I could get use to this, but I won’t. Start getting stomach aches from eating too much of this stuff, and the doctors really will want to check me out. You know, until I came here, I didn’t see doctors too much. I remember this one time I was getting a shot, and when he stuck the needle in my arm,” she burst into laughter. “I..I..whoooaaaaa! The trash can caught fire!” Kaige continued to eat the ice cream, loving every delightful bite. “This is really good Akila. You know, I wish I could do something for you, but all I can do is burn things. It’s a good power to have, don’t get me wrong, but uh..in here..I can’t use it much. Block A is weird to me. I mean I could use it to burn down this whole floor. In C I was trying to burn my way out. Here, I could just walk out into the hall and do it. I don’t get it. I mean all these people are so strong. Why haven’t they all gotten together and tried to get out? You get a bunch of us together with our powers, and we could blow this place apart and get out. Why hasn’t it happened yet? Are you guys up here really that afraid of them because I gotta tell you I’m not.”

Gardens

Akila shook her head, "You seem to think we have these amazing powers that are unchecked. They don't send you up to Block A unless they know how to handle you. Up here we all have some handicap keeping us for escaping. I heard one guy lost his wings...they cut them off. For me they...they electrified all the vents. I tried to escape once and I got electrocuted so badly I couldn't move for a week. Trust me Kaige, there is more traps here than you think. Be careful."

Handicap? She looked around the gardens, listening to Akila. ‘They electrified the vents?’ It did make sense. They wouldn’t send unstable, strong beings up here without having a way to keep them in check, but did the same apply to her? “I just..got..moved up here. Do you think they’ve had time to set any kind of trap, or way of keeping me in, yet? I mean the cold works wonders, but wouldn’t that effect everybody else too? I got moved up here so fast because….I know who’s dick to suck,” she lied. She didn’t want to tell her that her aunt was on the Board of Directors here. Aunt Candy had moved up here for whatever her reasons were, but was it a decision she had thought through fully? ‘What if she moved up here without putting anything into play to keep me here? Could I do it?’

It was all beginning to change the mood they had going, and letting go of this good feeling wasn’t something Kaige was ready to do. “Enough about the bad stuff. That shit is all around us. Who’s dick do you think I’d have to suck to get us a swimming pool in here?”

Gardens

Akila opened her mouth to explain she had heard of the system in place to fight heat elementals when Kaige switched back to a lighter topic, making her smile at the thought of a pool. That be nice. But impossible.

"I wish," she thought out loud, "but then they'd be spoiling us. And why do that, right?"

“Why do that,” she asked, grinning from ear to ear. “Too keep us happy of course, because happy patients are cooperating patients. You know very well they love us here too,” she teased. “It’s funny. The ones who aren’t monsters can’t treat the monsters with any respect. Always thought this place was backwards. Nothing like where I came from. That place was….weird, but at least the Countess was nice to me. Her husband,” she continued, raising her eyebrows. “He was….interesting. He was a vampire. Well..is..a vampire. Don’t know if you’ve ever met one of those. He never fed off of me, but I heard some of the others from the collection yelling when he fed from them. Blood dolls he called them. I was too young. His wife wouldn’t let him. Gave me chills to hear them screaming, but he was always in a good mood later,” she laughed. “Ever been any vamps here at Eternal Peaks?”

Gardens

she shuddered just thinking about it but said nothing, knowing Dr. Vera would kill her if she did. Instead she only nodded, knowing there were other vampires within the confines, some even on Block A.

"They get their fangs dulled," she explained, "I met one and they explained how they are kept their. Vervain in their food keeps them slow and week. And dulled fangs to keep them from biting anything more than a blood bag. Like I said, they have systems set out to keep us all in line, one way or another."

Kaige shivered as she meant them
Having their fangs dulled. “I shouldn’t be surprised. No mercy. This place has no mercy for anybody. Don’t even think these assholes know that word at all.” She could see Akila really knew what Block A was like. This was part of the tour that she didn’t get from Nysa. Nysa was different from Akila. A good kind of different, but still….different. Akila was the bubbly one who was trying to convince her that this place wasn’t so bad. She was telling her the ugly truth masked by the pristine walls and longer leash they gave the patients here. “You can roll shit in sugar, but it’s still shit. Block A ain’t nothing but shit rolled in sugar. They think we’re dumb enough not to smell, but I smell it. I know you do too.” She was curious if Akila knew what protocols were in place for someone like her, but she knew the time was getting close for her to leave for her kitchen detail. Curiosity got the better of her though. “Have you ever seen them….kill anyone? A patient I mean. Has anybody you were close to ever been killed in here?”

Gardens

Her eyes turned down at the question, speaking softly, "Death is normal in here. I've seen...plenty. I don't want to count, I never have. But no...no I haven't been close. I...I don't make a lot of friends in here."

Kaige could see how hard the question was for her to answer. Without hesitation, she put the now empty bowl down, stood up, and placed her hands on her hips. “Good. I’m glad you don’t make friends. That way I don’t have to worry about kicking anybody’s ass for taking up your time when I want you around. You see how this works? I want your time, and you give it to me. It’s that simple, and I burn anybody’s ass that tries to use your time. Stupid assholes. Think they can just use up your time when I want to be around you. How dare they,” she asked, placing a hand on her chest in mock surprise.

She looked at Akila and gave her a slight smile. “You’re gonna be okay kid. This place has shown you some shit, but you’re still….pretty damn good. You’re tough, and you ain’t gonna let this place get to you. Never forget that. Alright,” her hand moved as she pointed a finger at her. “Never forget how strong you are, because when you give up, they win, and they sure as hell don’t deserve to win. They don’t deserve our tears, fears, and winning. Okay?”

Turning she could hear someone coming, calling out her name. “Looks like my time here is up. They are snapping their fingers for me,” she teased, snapping her own fingers. “Give me a damn minute,” she yelled in the direction of the voice. “Wow. Years locked in that cell in C, and now they actually want me around. Make up your minds people.” She turned to leave, heading towards the voice, but stopped and looked back. “Don’t forget to get rid of the dishes. Can’t have them knowing everything. Then they’ll spoil our fun for sure.” She turned again and took two steps, but stopped again. “Akila,” she called back, not looking at her. “Than…..” It was hard for to say it. She didn’t have much reason to here. “Well….you know. For the food and all. I owe you one. I really..do..owe you one.” Quickly she started to walk once more heading towards the exit.

Gardens

Akila smiled at Kaige's wit, holding back a giggle. At least the girl had sass. They both heard the guard yell and Akila's head turned to look as Kaige spoke, replying softly, "that's how they work, isn't it?"

As she walked away Akila focused on making the dishes disappear, watching the red head step away before calling back. She smiled again, looking out into the garden around her. At least she had Kaige on her side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom