Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Apocalypse World or Fallen Empires?

Amaril

Star
Hey all! I'm looking for people to run and/or play a game of either Apocalypse World or its fantasy reskin Fallen Empires with some sexual themes and content. For anyone who's intrigued by the titles but doesn't know the games, everything you need can be found here and here legally and for free. Basically, they're rules-light systems that emphasize character development and roleplaying over strategy and mechanical optimization. They're also naturally suited to adult themes, with things like every class having an ability that triggers when they have sex (though I very much doubt the writer intended them for exactly what I'm hoping to play).

To be clear, I'm not really interested in a purely smut-focused game, or even a mostly smut-focused one. I don't want to add sexiness to parts of the story that wouldn't naturally have it--a fight is actually a fight, for example, and you're trying to hurt or kill your opponent, not fuck them (unless you're a real monster). These games are meant for dirty, ugly, dangerous worlds, and I like that about them. That doesn't mean sex and sexuality aren't part of the characters' lives, though. When I say sexual themes and content, I mostly just mean treating those things as another part of the world that exists, and not looking away from them any more than the violence and other adult stuff.

The rules assume one player GMing and everyone else as PCs, but if people would prefer, we could play fast and loose with that, sharing GM responsibilities whatever way works best. I'd love to play my own character, but I'm fine with running some of the world as well.

Anyone interested?

Cool! Assuming this gets off the ground, do you have a preference for one system or the other? Personally, I'm more interested in Fallen Empires at the moment, but I'll play either one.

Well, if it makes any difference, the second link I provided has all the existing rules for Fallen Empires, so if you would be interested in that, owning the game shouldn't be a problem.

Let's just hope we get either an MC, or at least one or two more players.

I'm hoping either someone else will be willing to, or I can share MC responsibilities with at least one other person. I'd really like to play my own character, and that would be hard to do if I was the sole MC.

Back
Top Bottom