Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kitten's Journey to get...BUFF 8U ?!

• Yeah...o.O

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Go, Kitten! =D

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Loser...=.=

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheese!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do that. Start small. Just work yourself up gradually.

I have always had a hard time carving time out of my day to exercise. I'd do it for a while and then kind of slack off when things got busy or I got distracted.

That's why I had to work it into my regular schedule. I got a bike specifically to force myself to get some daily exercise (as I've already explained elsewhere), so if you can figure out some way to put more exercise into your daily routine, do it. It can only help.

Also: modify your diet. Building muscle takes materials. Think about increasing your protein, whether from animal or vegetable sources. Also keep an eye on your vitamins; taking a daily chewable or something might be a good idea. I'm not worried about you eating, as you seem to much a lot, but you do need to be sure you're getting the right KIND of nutrients to help your body build the muscle you want it to.

Also, if you're that skinny? You've got room not to worry about fats and calories. Too much sugar and chemicals doesn't do anyone any good, but you don't have to worry about eating light, just eat solid, protein-rich foods to give your muscles what they need to develop and your body the energy it needs to keep using those new muscles.

That's about the only advice I can think of right now. You might consider asking some advice specifically from sevenpercentsolution; she's done this kind of training professionally, I think. Or semi-pro. Regardless, she's a good person to know, and she has solid knowledge of this kind of business.

• Yeah, I think it's the whole finding the time, or rather, giving the time in the day, to devote to exercising. I still eat the same amount, but will start bulking that part up towards the protein whenever I start getting down a routine.

If things work out, I'm going to try an every other day thing, and do so right after I get back from school. Best not to overwork and have my muscles shrink D8[/list:u]

True, your body does need TIME to rebuild that muscle mass.

Pro bodybuilders alternate, like upper body one day, lower body the next, so the other part has time to heal and rebuild. If you're just doing general conditioning, I'd suggest probably three times a week, like, Monday Wednesday Friday, and then only the usual everyday exercise the other days. Eventually you'll get the routine down and you'll start to see results.

Just what little experience I have.

• Indeed. I'm going to be in school most of my day, Monday through Friday, though, so I'm not sure how much of the daily exercise I can get into the day. o.o;

*pegs MM vigorously* Does this count? <.<

Seriously though, how much does sex burn? o.0' Can't be that much where it could cover daily exercise, right?[/list:u]

When I say "usual everyday exercise," you know I'm talking about the walking around campus, walking up stairs, the usual stuff you do in daily life, right? Special exercise like lifting weights and such, that's an every-other-day sort of thing when you can establish the time. Might be good to start smallish, too: 20 minutes to half an hour, maybe a little less, to work up a sweat and get your muscles tired? I dunno. The early stages are tricky, because you've got to establish the habits.

When you're trying to lose weight, people say do small things like walk when you can instead of drive, take the stairs instead of an elevator, etc. I would say if you're trying to build weight and muscle, you might want to do the same things, but for a different purpose. The more activity the better in both our cases.

Back
Top Bottom