Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Arya rubbed her wrists when she was freed, finally getting up and dressing in her new outfit while he spoke. She almost blushed at his compliment, pulled the red crop top over her breasts, watching it hug them perfectly before turning to him to show off her new look, giving him a genuine smile, a smile saved only for him.

"Perfection finds perfection," she purred, wrapping her arms around his waist and tipping her head up to kiss him, "Do I look worthy of your affections my prince?"

He smiled down at her, folding her into his arms, his hands on the small of her back. "You always were worthy of far better than I my beauty. You flatter me."

He kissed her softly, squeezing her tight and smiled. "You look fantastic. Now shall we go?

He considered warning her to behave, but he let it go, instead deciding she knew better and without everything hanging over her she would be more at peace, and certainly less likely to reply with fire and venom. He kissed her again, then sighed and stood, removing his hands to take her's kissing it.

Then he snapped. "I almost forgot."

He slid a dark metal ring with a flat firestone upon it onto her left ring finger. "To assure one and all you are mine. And mine alone."

His compliments did not fall on deaf ears this time and she continued to stand on tip toe, kissing him hungrily.

"We shall," she smiled, then made a face, "Do I got to bow though? Or do they need me to courtsey?"

She did a mock one, looking horrible while do it then snorted, "I'm not girly enough for it."

She went to turn and walk out of the cave before he stopped her and she turned back as he caught her hand, sliding a ring onto it. She froze, looking at it; it was plain yet elegant, with a beautiful firestone in the middle. But it wasn't the ring that had shocked her, although surprising. No, it was the hand he slipped it on. Her left hand. Arya didn't know many things, but she knew this one.

"Narxis..."she whispered, her eyes looking up at him, afraid but for a whole new reason. She was afraid this wasn't real, she was afraid she was about to get hurt.

He smiled and drew her in for another kiss. "Darling mine I have an invitation for you."

He kissed her, gently stroking her cheek and neck. "I am a prince now. Who better to be my Princess than the one who made me a power? To protect you as well."

He studied her eyes. "you know i can feel what you feel. If i could I would give you a way to see how i feel about you. but I will tell you. I mean this Arya. i want you and you alone for all of time."

He kissed her again. "I have never been so afraid as I was yesterday. The idea of losing you terrified me. I don't want to risk that again. You will be mine. i will be yours."

Arya was stunned, unspeaking, blinking at him as if he spoke another language. She had never thought he would ask something of her. Nor had Arya ever thought she would rise Narxis in power, simply by giving him her fealty. The idea of having him for the rest of eternity sounded too good to be true. He was everything she wanted. Powerful, handsome, and understanding to what she truly was.

She opened her mouth to say yes when someone coughed at the entrance of the cave. Now it was Seraphina, and she looked impatient.

"The Queen is waiting on all of us, including you two," she explained, "You can finish whatever chat you were having when it is done. You don't want to leave the Metuzi waiting Narxis, do you?"

Arya snapped her mouth shut, not about to share this moment with anyone but Narxis. She would tell him later her reply, but he had probably already seen in her mind that she would say yes. A million yeses.

Sera led the two of them back into camp, meeting up with Gerry, Amitiel, and Elaya. As they did Tatia, Rythert, and a burnette Arya vaguely recognized stepped up.

"We are packed," the burnette explained and the pieces fell into place. Lairia. She had altered her appearance to disguise herself. Clever. "We won't leave till we say our goodbyes to your parents Elaya. They did me a great service."

Elaya smiled seeing Narxis, then froze.

She moved and snatched him into a hug. "You little bastard! you!"

She whirled and yanked Arya into a hug as well. "i'm so happy for both of you." She smiled and Narxis grinned, drawing Arya to him, wrapping his arms about her.

Elaya grinned then stepped back slightly. "Arya i wanted to apologize about everything. And to thank you for helping Lairia. Also just you know, you don't have to do anything but speak respectfully. My mother is not a big one for the silly things like that. Congratulations."

She moved away and took Sera's hand, kissing it.

Hvedra chose that moment to walk out in a rather light dress. She was truly the image of her daughter in everywhere. They were of a height, they were clearly the same size. Only the hair was different.

She smiled at everyone, and moved to the end of the line. Amitiel. She greeted him warmly in Enochian and welcomed him as a friend.

Then she did the same to Narxis and Arya in their own tongue, before moving to officially greet Tatia, the Rythert, the cats, and Lairia. She spoke Atlantean just as perfectly as the other languages. She also spoke the tongue of the Cats, making Rhaeghal and Ebony purr happily.

She came to Sera last of all, and spoke in the Language of Flames. Fire shot from her tongue in every word, washing over Sera, gifting her with heat from the Queen.

When she had finished she turned to her daughter, and spoke in the tongue of the were, then folded her into her arms.

Once done she smiled. "I welcome you all as friends and family, and hope you join me in breakfast."

Arya hadn't been ready yet to really say anything on the matter, her personal business being, well personal. But Elaya had an eye for things and before he realized the were was snatching her man away for a hug, and a growl pressed against Arya's lips but she did not release it, seeing Narxis give her a look to calm. She did so immediately, obeying his command willingly, for once not fearing what motive he had behind it other than to keep the peace.

She stiffened more when Elaya hugged her, unused to affection but nodded, much more glad when Narxis pulled her back into his arms where she belonged.

"It's of the past," she responded and a few shocked looks stared at the normally angry death hound, "I will not hold a grudge against anyone for what happened. Although please serve it as a lesson not to attack me with Amitiel's blades."

Sera blushed a bit but nodded, grateful there was no bad blood.

"And something good came out of it anyways," Arya continued, looking up to Narxis. The smile for him was in her eyes now, although she remained calm and neutral to the rest. Sharing emotions was hardly her thing, "Isn't that right my lord and prince?"

When Hvedra appeared she cut off any chance for anyone to respond. They were all respectful, Arya merely holding her tongue as Narxis wanted her to. Tatia seemed in better spirits knowing she was leaving today, and even Seraphina looked much calmer, mostly because she had Elaya on her arm, and she was not feeling nauseous.

"Of course we will join you," Sera spoke for the group, giving no one else the chance to respond, "Thank you for the invitation."

She still hadn't spoken to Gerry about his actions against her the day before, but Sera planned on it after breakfast. She wasn't mad, only hurt, and she wasn't about to punish him. All he needed was to be spoken to, and reminded. She hoped they could put this in their past soon enough.

Following Hvedra into her tent breakfast was already set up at the table and the Queen slipped away to retrieve her husband, giving everyone the chance to finally respond to Narxis' new titles, as Arya had presented them.

Elaya perked up at Arya's words, but stayed silent until Hvedra sighed and had to go fetch her husband.

The moment she was gone, the whole group crowded about the pair. "Prince? What?!"

Only Amitiel did not join, though he did smile at his friend. Narxis beamed. "Arya is mine. And I am hers. The nature of a Royal is it not Elaya?"

Elaya smiled nodding. "So...you are now a full Prince of Hell?" He nodded and she beamed. "And Arya?"

"As soon as she accepts will be my Princess."

"Congratulations!"

Before any further hugs or handshakes could be given out, Hvedra returned. With Gurik. Who was covered in mud.

"Daddy!"

Elaya rushed over, drawing Sera along out of habit. "What happened?"

"I scented a rabbit...and well.... i just went. And then i ran into a rock giant...and a troll. And we got into this big argument about Social reform among the lesser known supernatural races and then the troll got mad at the giant and...well we ended up in an old quarry lake...."

Elaya bit her lip. "Did you catch the rabbit?"

"No."

"Where are your new friends? Did-"

She turned as a sixty foot tall Rock Giant entered the camp circle and knelt, shaking the earth, then was joined by two others, then from the other side came a rather hideous troll and his clan of six others, all of different colors, but they bowed respectfully and greeted everyone politely.

"I did invite them to breakfast." Hvedra sighed. "Go get cleaned up. Elaya would you greet our guests properly?"

Elaya smiled and went first to the trolls. "Greetings Long-Arms. You are most welcome. We will be eating shortly. We will have to get you a tall table of course. Would you follow me?"

They grunted and obeyed, sitting at a very tall table, their lanky bodies several feet taller than even Narxis and Amitiel. Elaya helped them sit, and poured out stone water for them personally. The leader, a big black furred fellow laughed then spoke as if through a mouth full of stones, though despite this his voice was very warm and friendly. "Thank you wolf friend. We are honored to be at the table of the Unbroken Claw."

She curtsied beautifully, then moved to the Rock Giants. She whistled shrilly and waited until they all had their faces, painted on in two cases, chiseled roughly on the third, toward her. She curtsied again. "Ladies and gentle sir. We have several delicacies to your liking. Would you please follow me to your seats? We had to arrange a low table."

She and Sera moved to three close hillocks and with a snap a low table laden with rocks of every shape color and size appeared. She also pushed three massive tankards of a grey soupish liquid to each as they sat atop the hillocks. She nodded smiling. "Her Majesty hopes you enjoy the-" The next word was entirely gibberish, but the giants seemed happy and sniffed it, then rumbled back. Elaya bowed. "You are most kind thank you. Please enjoy."

She then lead Sera away. "Alright everyone. We are to eat in the main tent. It will be open so we don't ignore our new guests. The Metuzi court is known for feeding all guests who wish to come. But don't worry they will not be offended if you don't or cannot speak to them. Tatia, Rythert stay away from the giants. They will think you are their stonemeal frozen. You smell like water to them. Ebony Rhaeghal stay away from the trolls. They are currently warring with some cat nations. Narxis please kept Arya away from them as well."

She smiled at the death hound. "i am sorry my dear but they are allergic to hellfire and you simply reek of it at the moment. And you do not want troll snot in your hair. looks lovely by the way....Anything else...." She shook her head and lead them to the table, helping them all seat, Sera last beside her own place, finishing just as Hvedra and Gurik returned.

Hvedra took her place at the head of the table, Elaya on her right, Gurik on her left. Everyone else sat now, and the meal appeared on platters and trays before the group.

Hvedra beamed at Lairia."We stole the idea from a fictional cousin of yours. Those Harry Potter books. Perhaps you remember? Anyway it cuts down on the servants and noise, and the cooks swear it makes things quicker and much cheaper. The whole service was criminally expensive but I think they paid for themselves. A gift from the Mages of the early 21st. Such sweethearts."

Elaya smirked as she tucked into her meal, sighing happily.

Everyone had their favorites nearby, even actual hearts for Arya. Narxis smirked at this. "Your Grace does the presence of this dish not trouble you?" he winked at Arya.

Hvedra responded without hesitation or concern. "Should it? We had to serve long pork to the Voodoo King and his bride just two weeks ago. Tatia my dear i do hope you don't mind but I had them prepare several customary Atlantean dishes for you. i understand you might not remember them but I assure you they will be excellent."

Elaya just smiled eating quietly. Gurik and Gerry were discussing the old Giant wars with the Rock Giants, who could speak in the common tongue but had to whisper otherwise their voices would sound like rockslides.

Everyone followed as instructed, and quietly too. Arya sat next to Narxis, holding her tongue to keep from upsetting anyone. She was glad Narxis was getting the recognition he deserved, and she did truly want to accept his offer, when they were good and alone. Because she knew what would follow. Sera kept quiet only because she was slightly overwhelmed by the grandeur of it all, but she still smiled. As breakfast started she fell into conversation with Lairia, filling her plate with an assortment of dishes provided. For her, anything worked. She didn't realize how hungry she was until her fork hit her plate and she stared at the empty dish, while Lairia laughed at the sight of how fast Sera had wolfed her first helping down.

"Getting quite the appetite, hey?" Lairia teased, only just starting in on her own plate, "And yes Queen Hvedra, the Circle uses a similar spell in the Palace to feed the students."

Luckily there was plenty and Sera started to refill her dish as she turned and smiled at Elaya, then spoke a little louder to the Queen and King, "It is delicious. Thank you."

Scooping eggs onto her plate, she had to stand a little to reach for the toast and that's when the smell hit her. It smelt delicious. Her stomach rumbled and she looked for the platter, finally spotting it between Elaya and her parents and without thinking too much about it stole two of them onto her plate. Giant thick slabs of moose steaks. Seraphina had tried it at the Palace and loved it, and she was eager to eat it now. As Sera cut into the first one the smell got stronger and she almost drooled, popping it into her mouth and humming.

A cough made her turn and see Lairia and Tatia looking at her funny.

"Did I do...something wrong?" she asked timidly, wondering if she had disrespected anyone.

"Sera..."Lairia replied, "That's raw steak."

She blinked, then looked at it again, sure enough seeing that it was pink with rawness, having missed the color in her excitement. She had never eaten raw anything, as Phoenix's were not known to. In fact only were's truly ate them. Even Arya preferred her hearts -cooked or raw- over raw meat. She still had a bite on her fork and after a moment of deliberation she popped it into her mouth and chewed it, shrugging at Lairia and turning to grin at Elaya but finding her mate ignoring her. Obviously it didn't phase the were's.

"Guess the baby likes it?" she exclaimed, turning back to Lairia and Tatia who were now grinning, seeing the first real sign that Sera was indeed pregnant with Elaya's child, "or I just suddenly grew a taste for raw meat."

Tatia actually laughed, "I think its the baby Seraphina. But that's great. You must be more along than you thought!"

Lairia spoke up, "How long does a Phoenix's gestation take?"

Sera shrugged, "Usually nine months, but Elaya and I aren't both Phoenix's. So I'm sure it'll be sped up."

In fact Sera was almost sure of it. She was already showing signs of someone who was three or four weeks into their pregnancy with the nausea and cravings, and she was only a week and a half in.

Elaya only shifted aside as Sera reached for the steaks, unaware of the by play until she noted Gerry and Amitiel staring at her fiancee.

She looked at Sera and blinked, entirely lost what the trouble was, having missed Lairia's comment, then cocked her head at Sera's words. But she said nothing as Tatia had a question. At Sera's answer she smiled and leaned over kissing her lover's cheek. "Well since for were's it's only two months it's like to be cut somehow. Who knows though. Would you like some more babe?"

Gerry slowly resumed eating, and Amitiel sipped his juice, both still watching Sera.

Elaya arched an eyebrow, then flicked a bit of gristle at Gerry making him jump. "What is your problem?"

"I've...i've just never seen Sera eat like that before....you sure that's safe?"

Hvedra snorted. "When i pregnant with Elaya and her brothers I had to go kill a moose by myself because i had to have the raw meat. You eat all you like Sera. You must be a healthy mother to my grandson."

Elaya arched an eyebrow. "Son?"

Hvedra shrugged. "i dreamed about blue mountains."

Gurik cocked his head. "I say daughter. i dreamt of pink clouds."

Amitiel started to ask but Elaya answered before he could. "Mom and dad share dreams as mates. They rarely mistake the sex of a child, especially in our family. Mom sees blue mountains for boys and green lakes for girls. Dad sees pink clouds for girls and yellow skies for boys."

Gurik raised a finger. "And sometimes purple trees. Though that usually means large sets of one or the other."

Elaya considered, then gently patted Sera's hand. "Well it has to be one or the other. But right now he or she is still forming so wouldn't he/she be technically both?"

Amitiel spoke now. "That would be correct....which do you want Elaya?"

"A healthy baby and my Seraphina. All i want or need." She kissed Sera's cheek proudly.

Hvedra nodded. "Indeed. A fine addition to the pack and to the Phoenix line. Sera may i ask something of a personal question? And feel free to tell me it's none of my business. Do you think the baby will inherit more of your traits or Elaya's? I mean you are carrying him, so i would say he has more time to absorb your...essence. What do you think?"

Gurik spoke now. "We will be proud and doting grandparents in any case. Just curious on your opinion."

Amitiel and Narxis both noted how the two seemed to speak for the other, finishing each other's sentences without trouble, and communicating without a single word at times. But no one would explain that at all.

Sera was blushing now, the table's full attention on her, "Uh, no thank you Elaya. I think I'm full."

She wasn't and she still had a steak on her plate, but until everyone stopped staring she wasn't going to take another bite. Instead she leaned on Elaya, trying to keep her attention. Her eyes watched Hvedra and Gurik as they spoke about the baby to be, and her hand touched her stomach.

"I agree with Elaya," she replied when she could, "I'll be happy if he or she is healthy, and Elaya never leaves my side."

Sera considered the question, but it was so early into her pregnancy, she had barely had time to think about it, "I, uh, guess as long as they have a bit of both I am happy."

She paused and then added, rather curious, "If I may, how do you two dream together? That sounds like an awfully special bond. It be amazing if me and Elaya had that...the other night I even thought I was in her dream, I was dancing in this enormous field of some kind of beautiful blue flower...I think they were orchids, and Elaya was there running about in them, in her wolf form. I've never seen the field or that type of flower, it was so odd..." she shrugged it off as if it was just a silly dream.

Elaya dropped her fork, and leaned over and kissed Sera full and hard. She did so for so long the whole table went silent.

Then she broke the kiss to take a breath as she whispered. "i had the same dream about you...in a field of sunflowers and fire flowers...and so many others. You were burning so bright and beautiful..."

She took Sera's hand and kissed it.

The others waited but Hvedra and Gurik said nothing, and Elaya just gazed into Sera's eyes, the purple gleaming with hope. When it was clear no answer was coming the meal resumed.

Elaya had forgotten about the meal, and had a death grip on Sera's hand, watching her lover's eyes.

Sera was surprised by the kiss but did not hesitate to push back, adding her own fervor to it. When Elaya broke the kiss Sera's lips felt hot and tingly and she was smiling madly at her, her eyes dancing.

"That dream sounds perfect," she whispered back, gazing into her eyes. Everything else melted away, until Sera was so tightly focused on Elaya she forgot there were even others in the room. She felt her fingers intertwined with Elaya's, felt her warm breath splashing across her face. Sera could get lost in her fiancee eyes forever, and she was, waiting for Elaya to say something.

Elaya bit her lip, then leaned in and kissed her lover softly, then moved her nose along Sera's jaw to whisper into her ear. "We need to talk to you babe. Something I didn't dare hope for."

She kissed Sera's neck then sat back sighing. She kissed Sera's hand happily.

Hvedra smirked and gave her own love a kiss.

The meal ended soon after. Elaya caught a sign from her mother and sighed, but still could not help bouncing quite a bit as she walked out to join the others.

Sera nodded and returned to her meal. When food was done everyone was asked to pack up and be ready in an hour. As everyone left Sera hung back with Elaya, curious what was to be talked about. But then her mother called Elaya out, and Sera followed, still curious but respectful.

"We can talk about it later," Sera murmured to her lover, "I'm going to pack up the tents, let you and your mother speak."

She took Elaya's excitement as joy for the baby and the upcoming wedding, and being with her family. She would never have guessed the secret laying right under her nose.

Elaya sighed. "No my love. Come along."

She drew Sera after her to meet with Hvedra and Gurik. Hvedra folded the girls into her arms. "Little ones Daniel has been losing his mind. i need you to go attend to him and settle him down before he kills someone."

Elaya smiled. "He has all sorts of wedding things for us. We have a lot to do my love. When the others are ready to go we can go join them. But he needs some answers now."

Daniel came in with a whole notebook full of these questions. "Indeed I do ladies!"

Gurik snickered happily.

Sera followed happily, and only grinned when it came to light that Daniel was losing his mind over the unprepared wedding.

"I thought we still had a few months to prepare," she whispered to Elaya, thinking they weren't going to have the wedding all that soon. They still hadn't set a date though.

As Daniel came up Sera put on a soft smile for him, wanting to work with him, but also get things on the road.

"What can we answer?"

"Well to get the right dresses made correctly, handmade and all that, we need to select them now. And i have been asked to select the musical accompaniment now. There are some other points that need to be decided as soon as possible."

"That will include the official requests to the Queen and the other powers of the Metuzi to take part in this wedding. That especially means the royal artists, the royal spellwolves who will serve to memorailize the day, and many others. We also have to get the flowers planted and prepared. Then there is the order of attendance for your bridesmaids and bridesmen. Will your father be giving you away Sera?"

He looked down. "We also need the reception to be planned. We have the gardens behind the Mount so we can use those like you always planned Elaya. but we do need the entertainment. And we need to make orders for food and drink so we can set that all aside. You two also need to register under the Mount for your gifts. That means you need to speak with the chancellor."

Elaya groaned. "no."

"I'm sorry Elaya but it's required."

"But Uncle Gus is so anal!"

"It's the rules sister mine. Besides' he's just grumpy. And he's funny!"

Elaya rolled her eyes. "What else?"

"You have to make several requests of mom. such as teleportation and using the Mount to house your guests, and make sure all proper warnings for various species are given and the places are prepared. Such as for Sera's parents and her brother. We want to be sure everything is flameproofed."

Elaya nodded and smirked at her lover. "Yeah it would be bad if your mom and dad accidentally set fire to the Mount."

Daniel giggled. "Also the cake. Forgive us Sera but all Royal wedding cakes have to go through the Baker. he's an old friend of our mother's. And to be fair they are beautiful and delicious."

Elaya nodded, her eyes glowing. "He has the best chocolate heart attack ever. babe you have to try it. Even Jeziah can't beat the Baker. he can do anything we ask. It will be amazing. He made a fiften foot tall chocolate murder masterpeice for daniel's wedding...just to die for."

Daniel nodded happily. "And it was so beautiful. it had this icing and he had layered it with fondat and cream..just glorious Sera you have to see him work."

Elaya nodded. "ok. What else needs doing now?"

"Sera has to officially ask Mom and Dad for your hand." Even Daniel rolled his eyes at this and Elaya arched an eyebrow. "Who is enforcing that?"

"Gus of course. Says because she isn't were they have to give consent before we can do anything else. So Sera just go ask them before we present them with the official stuff. They adore you already. You do have to get the yes from them both before it's binding though." He and Elaya sighed, and Elaya was bouncing again excited.

She leaned over and kissed Sera's cheek. "You have to ask my parents! Should i ask yours?"

Daniel paused for the answer, then went on. "We also need to set the apparel of your accompiment. Elaya are you giving gifts?"

She nodded emphatically. "Yes."

"Do you have specialized ones?"

"For most...can you do a gift bag for me?"

he nodded, then looked at Sera. "Would you like one of your own? or to just join it with Elaya's?"

Elaya slapped her forehead. "i forgot to tell her with everything going on. Seraphina, werewolves accept gifts at their weddings, but they also give gifts as well. It's tradition. Daniel can you get us selections for later?"

He nodded again, making a note. "Any special singers?"

"We hope Tatia..."

He nodded, then looked at them "The wedding rings."

"Ooohh... yeah. i don't know. i love my engagement ring so much." Elaya was always touching it, and had been caught rubbing her special under jaw spot with it when Sera was not nearby.

Daniel nodded. "I will get you the royal jewelers, but if we could decide on a metal and stone? They could start shaping. They hand make those."

Elaya grinned. "Just like Sera made mine." She drew her lover into a kiss. "What do you think babe?"

Sera stopped him right there, "We aren't picking from a catalog, I want Elaya and I to design our own dresses. And we can do it when we reach the North Daniel. We have yet to even pick our wedding dates."

She looked to Elaya, hoping from agreeance from her. As Daniel continued to prattle on one question stuck in her head.

"Wait-" she tried to talk but Daniel was so animate he kept going, speaking right over her to Elaya.

"Hold on," she tried again, but again the questions kept coming and Sera was becoming more and more overwhelmed by it all, feeling like she had no say.

"STOP!" she finally yelled, her hair bursting into flames. Any close to them jump and rushed away, and Daniel's smile lowered a fraction.

She was breathing rather hard, and she had let Elaya's hand go as she crossed her arms over her chest. It took her several minutes to calm enough to speak, leaving both her fiancee and Daniel standing awkwardly waiting.

"You...invited my parents?" she asked finally, looking him dead in the eye.

"Of course," Daniel blinked twice, "I did not think it would be an issue."

Sera dropped her hands, her hair going dull, "It's not."

Without explaining she pushed past Daniel, calling over her shoulder, "I don't want to talk about the wedding anymore until we get to the North. Or just plan it yourselves, its obvious I'm unneeded. I'm done."

She stormed into her tent and shut the flaps rather forcibly. Anyone watching was quick to get to work, none of them wanting to ask what had just happened.

Elaya blinked, then closed her eyes and rushed after her lover.

She then shifted and slithered in in wolf form. She snuggled into Sera' leg, then gently lay her jaw on Sera's knee, her eyes big, waiting for Sera's reaction.

Sera tried to ignore Elaya as she slipped in, looking up at the top of the tent as she felt a furry head fall on her knee. After a few minutes she sighed.

"It's too much," Sera finally spoke, "I wanted this to be our choice - well maybe my choice - no, no I wanted it to be our choice. But I don't even know whose invited. And Daniel's whipping questions at us like we have the wedding in a week. And all these customs I don't know about, and these rules...and..."

She sighed, dropping her head into her hands, "Phoenix's weddings are just immediate family. We dress up, say our vows, and that's it. I never wanted grandeur. Just you."

One hand dropped from her face to touch Elaya's fur on her neck, "I can't do this right now Elaya. It's all too much. I'm worried about Lairia and Tatia, I'm worried about the baby. I'm worried about retiring, and I'm worried about how cold the North would be. I can't worry about this wedding too, not until we are safe. And not with all these things."

She took a shaky breath, "Tell your brother to write a list. You and I -alone- will answer them when we reach the North and I feel everything is safe. Please."

Elaya nodded and licked her love's face several times.

She then wriggled up to press her face into Sera's chest, her tail slowly wagging.

She gently shifted slightly and spoke. "i'm sorry darling. It really isn't meant to be so grand. The reception sorta is but we wouldn't be required to go to that. i just got excited. i've always dreamed about getting married to the person i loved."

She slowly wriggled her head out between Sera's arms and looked into her eyes. "I'll get the list from Daniel. Forgive me?" She was still in wolf form, enjoying the snuggle only this form was capable of.

Sera leaned back, letting Elaya crawl further up on her as she buried her face in Elaya's fur, breathing the one scent that calmed her.

"It's not you," she whispered back, "Elaya I love you more than words can say. I guess I just didn't realize...how big it would be. I can do this. I just need things to slow down. A list will help."

She kissed Elaya's forehead, "I'll always forgive you. Talk to your brother, please tell him we will answer everything. In time."

Elaya smiled and nuzzled her lover. "I'll get you a list i promise. And I'll be there."

Her tail began to lash Sera's back gently and she smiled. "But still one thing. We're getting married."

She could not contain the excitement and she nuzzled closer to the redhead, licking Sera's neck and jaw. "And we're guna be mommies."

Her eyes glowed as she looked into Sera's eyes. "I'm sorry it was too much. i keep forgetting that you didn't deal with this. It feels like we've been together always. Or that we should have been."

She licked Sera's nose. "i do have to admit something though."

She grinned and knocked Sera over, laying on her chest. "You're really pretty."

Sera smiled softly at her, "Yes we are getting married."

She giggled then, her smile growing as she pretending to fend off Elaya's tickling tongue, while loving it, "And mommies."

Her smile lessened a bit as Elaya became serious again, "It's alright. We are both learning."

As she fell back she let out a laugh. If anyone was able to get Sera's mood to lift up, it was always Elaya. As she laughed she wriggled under Elaya, "Not as pretty as you."

Someone coughed outside their tent and Lairia's voice called in, "Sorry if I'm interrupting. The court is ready to go, as are we. Are you two needing a few more minutes?"

Back
Top Bottom