Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I have lost a very dear friend and pet of mine...

BlisteredBlood

The Crucified Angel
As of 5:55pm this evening, my cat Tigger has drawn his final breath. He was a salt-n-pepper tabby that had the white "shirt" and "mittens" on his paws. Even now as I wait for my mom and my brother to come back to bury him, he sits on the footstool on my bed. Under him is a pillow of mine and a red towel of my mom's that smells of the laundry detergent she used to wash it with.

I have done my part as an owner of this cat for 16 years of his life, beginning from when he was born in June of 1993 to tonight, 2009. The irony of this is that when he was reaching the final moments, I have been with him practically all day, sitting by his side and making him as comfortable as possible. Under that technicality, he died right in my arms, in my room.

I've since moved everything around in here to ensure that once everyone is in place; my mom, my brother and myself, that we will take him out back to his final resting place that he would've wanted: In the backyard of our home.

How we plan to move on from this incident is anyone's guess... But the one thing I know that we can try to do given the circumstances is to just move forward. It's about all we can do at this point and nothing more.

Update regarding the burial:

Tomorrow afternoon is when we'll put him to rest. He's been packed up in a large enough cardboard box which will make for a makeshift coffin. I know not everyone can attend to this, but... I would like it very much to keep me in your prayers this evening. I have a feeling it will be a hard week all this week.

asasthana said:
I am sorry for your loss.
Thanks, Thana. I appreciate it.

My German Shepard died last week.... She was 13 years old. Had her since I was 5. It is very sad when a pet dies. But I'm happy she got to live such a good life with my family. =)

I hope you feel the same about your cat, and sorry to hear of your loss.

Back
Top Bottom