Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Inspirations and Aspirations. My RP journal. Come on in!

DirtyNerd

Planetoid
DirtyNerd’s RP Journal - Entry 1

Introduction

So, as I am fleshing out my search thread and waiting for the right partners, I thought I would start a thread to journalize my inner thoughts and some of the processes I plan on using or exploring here.

Just as a reference, here is my search thread.

My first prompt in my search thread is occult themed. I’m not really sold on the format I used to get my first thread up so I intend to start working on that even before I bump my thread a little bit later today. I think I am going to make my search center on characters I can and want to play and then attach little bits of plots as I go along. Even now I am sorting through a large collection of pictures I have stored over the years for roleplaying and little by little plots are cropping up as I toss old pictures and keep ones I still like.

In addition to getting organized, I think I am going to include some background surrounding my recurring characters here. I have found over time that roleplays I have really enjoyed have actually become part of my character’s history. Also, as I have explored and used some of my recurring characters, I have slowly gotten more of a sense of the world that they come from. In future journal entries I will explore these worlds more and reference that back to my search threads for partners that might like the extra details.

Arcadia, the Demon Prince

I have been ERPing for a long time now. Looking back on the things I remember most about ERP, Arcadia stands out. I created Arcadia for my first ERP ever. It was a bit darker, and very BDSM. It started out with a captured Angel and then later we added a third partner for a Demon x Angel x Demoness threesome. I remember it being very detailed and the story behind the smut was clever and they blended together in the perfect mix of sex to plot that allowed us to keep the RP going for an incredibly long time. The character made quite an impression on me, so much so that future demon characters would harken back to the Arcadia archetype. As I continued to play the same character, the world he lived in began fleshing itself out around him with a loose hierarchy of demons, how power is lost or gained, and basing the realms of Hell on Dante’s Inferno.

So when I wrote out Arcadia’s background and my new search prompts a lot of these ideas were worked in along with some new ideas, such as how demons breed and how demon spawn is created. I plan on exploring that with another character as well. I look forward to exploring more about Arcadia. I really enjoy the post I made about Arcadia and how I formatted it so I hope that he generates some interest. I will probably flesh the character and the world out more here in my journal too.

Please feel free to offer feedback here and jump over to my search thread and take a peek if you haven’t already.

DirtyNerd’s RP Journal Entry #3

General Musings:

So recently I finished my first in depth RP Search post. I have to say that my first search went really well! I found a few different partners. I filled up a few of my plot ideas. A couple of them have overlapped, but I don’t mind, especially since each partner had a slightly different spin on each story. I am looking forward to how each one evolves.

Of course, all the brainstorming left my inbox a verifiable mess! So this morning I have spent some time both getting some replies out, reorganizing and cleaning my inbox, and closing some plots on my search thread.

Of course, closing a few plots was really more of a formality. I don’t really plan on bumping it until I have some new plots to offer, but I figured it was better to update it now rather than wait til later. Which brings me to me next topic.

Dante the Hell Spawn:

Dante is going to be my next character. Because my idea of Hell Spawns was born while I was making up plots, he is going to be a Spawn of Arcadia. That will add a measure of background to the both of them. Dante is going to be a young man, somewhere between 15-18 years old depending on my partner. As a half-human, half-demon hybrid, his future is going to be very uncertain and there is sure to be a lot of excitement and adventure in his future.

So keep an eye out for Dante if you are interested!

DirtyNerd's RP Journal Entry #4

General Musings:

So after being briefly active at the start of this Month, I haven't been back since my birthday on the 11th. I came back today to try my hand at finding some RPs again and decided to dedicate my currently active search thread into a more specific story based search thread. With that thread dedicated to focusing on RPs with a strong story, I plan on creating a search thread for just quick and dirty smut roleplays.

In addition to that, I am still working on a layout for my search threads that will be more aesthetically pleasing to anyone who decides to read it.

DirtyNerd's RP Journal Entry #5

Coming out of a pretty heavy writer's block finally. Last week ended kinda badly and this week started out roughly so my stress and anxiety were so high I was having a hard time thinking creatively. So now that the anxiety is abated a bit, I figured today would be a good day to clean out my inbox and spend some time tweaking my search threads. Out with the old and in with new as they say! So this is just kind of a journal entry I am using as a to-do list and maybe a bit on ranting and raving and what not. :)

Step 1: Ending old conversations

Inevitable. It just comes with the territory, as a roleplayer, that your partners are going to come and go as they please sometimes. I try really hard not to take this personally, heck I have done it myself sometimes. On my end it is not intentional and usually results in a build up of anxiety, either IRL or from writer's block. The ones I have seemingly lost recently were most smutty prompts anyway, so maybe I was just not responding fast enough for my partners liking. Most of the unanswered roleplays don't bother me.

There was one that I was enjoying quite a bit though. I am not sure what happened or where it went wrong, but the abandonment of that one does kinda suck. Though I have accepted it, I did check on my partner's activity on the site only to find that they have been back and active on the post and is possibly ignoring my OOC messages asking if they are still interested or not? That does make me kind of feel bad though. Oh well.... moving on.

Step 2: Responding to current conversations

I only have one roleplay this morning to respond to, but it is a pretty good one and I really liked my response this morning, which really helps get rid of the final few remnants of my feelings of anxiety over my previous writer's block. It is a story heavy roleplay and takes a lot more time to craft a response, so having a good response come pretty naturally feels good.

After that, I have another brainstorming prompt to respond to as well.

And those are both done now as well. Yay me! Ok moving on to the final piece for today!

Step 3: Editing my Search Thread

Now that I am starting to feel the flow again, it is time to update the search thread!

Back
Top Bottom