Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Scott thought about it.
"Let's meet tomorrow in the park at 1:00 PM. I have something to get done first and then I'll be there."
She sounded happy that they would be able to meet up, and Scott couldn't deny that he was looking forward to it. It would be nice to have a relaxing day. He had not had too many of them for quite a while.

Jessica smiled as she spoke on the phone, absentmindedly drying her wet hair as she stood in her pjs. "Sounds good. I'll see you there." She replied.

Scott nodded.
"Yeah, see you tomorrow."
He ended the call and put the phone in his pocket. He then started up his car and drove home. When he was home, he placed the syringe in a plastic bag and put it in the same drawer as the gun he had confiscated from the thug. He then went to bed, resting up after a hectic day.

The next morning, Scott got up and got himself together. He got out a big manila envelope and put the plastic bag with the syringe inside of it along with a hand-written note. He then sealed it and got into his car to go to the post office. After he had dropped the package off to be delivered, he got back into his car and drove to the park where he was supposed to meet Jessica. He then sat in his car and waited for her to show up.

Jessica arrived at the park about fifteen minutes later, right at 1, and she looked around for Scott. She now wore a pair of jean shorts and a black t-shirt with white lettering that sported her high school's name. Her hair was pulled back in a pony tail and she wore a pair of sneakers instead of her usual heels.

Scott saw Jessica approach and stepped out of the car.
"Hey, Jessica."
He opened the trunk and took the grill out of it before getting it set up on the same basketball court they had played on before. It was a gas grill so it would work just fine there.
"If you'll hand me that burger, I'll get it started."
It was nice to see Jessica in everyday attire, as he thought she looked nice.

Jessica smiled as she carried a couple bags, one with the burger meat and vegetables and tomato, the other with the condiments, paper plates and napkins, and buns. "Sure thing." She said with a happy smile and handed him the burger meat. She had already cut up the tomato, lettuce, and pickles at home so she just set the bags down and watched him cook with a smile.

Scott smiled as he took the burger meat.
"Thanks."
He put six patties on the grill and began to grill them, flipping them every now and then. It was a nice sunny day, and people were having a good time. As the burgers were cooking, he got the condiments set up on a nearby bench under a shelter. After a little while, the burgers were ready and he got them ready on a big plate so that they could grab them when they wanted one.

He sat down across from Jessica and began to eat a burger.
"I'm really glad we could hang out like this. I'm happy to have a day off."
He looked over and saw a soccer field with ball.
"When we're done eating, how about a soccer match? I'd be happy to put your skills to the test."
He chuckled and finished his burger before reaching out for another one.

Jessica smiled happily as she helped set up all the different toppings then made herself a burger, smiling happily at his suggestion. "You're on." She said with a smirk and took another burger.

Scott chuckled at her competitive response. He finished the burger he was eating and reached out for a third one, thinking he would eat one more and then stop. They were tasting really good and it was easy to want to wolf them down, but he would show restraint, especially since he was about to exercise. After he had finished eating, he walked over to the soccer field and waited for Jessica to join him.
"Since I'm such a nice guy, you can have the ball first. Let's have some fun."

Jessica stopped after her second burger and followed him over with a chuckle. "Thank you." She said politely then started the game, showing some impressive footwork as she maneuvered the ball around him and kicked it into the goal.

As the game started, Scott tried to keep pace with Jessica as she maneuvered toward the goal. However, she was dribbling the ball between her feet too fast for him to get it, and she managed to score the first goal.
"Not bad. Now it's my turn."
He began to dribble the ball between his feet, using his great martial arts coordination and flexibility to quickly maneuver it around her. He kicked it into the goal to score a point before allowing Jessica to take possession of it.

Scott continued the game, trying to block her from scoring another goal. He almost had it when she kicked it and scored the goal. He smiled and took possession of the ball. When he had an opening, he kicked it from the goal to his goal across the field for a perfect shot. He then got ready to defend as it was Jessica's turn to take possession.

The game continued and ended with Scott winning by one goal, Jessica was panting softly and chuckled, smiling at him. "Good game." She said, holding her hand out to him.

The game continued and they both had fun, ending with him winning by one goal. He shook her hand when she extended it to him.
"Yeah, same to you."
While they were shaking hands, the deafening sound of an explosion occurred behind them. The shockwave almost knocked him down, and he turned to see what was going on. Fire was erupting from the roof of a nearby bank, and people were screaming and fleeing in terror.

Scott turned back to Jessica, a determined look on his face.
"You go get to safety. I'm going to go call the police."
He turned and ran full speed toward the bank, disappearing down the alleyway within seconds. He pulled out his cell phone and actually did call the police, insisting that they get there as quickly as possible with the fire department. He then put his cell phone away and prepared to go into action, as well.

Let's rock, Valor!
I'm ready to roll!
The golden aura erupted around him, sending out shockwaves as its force and intensity tore up the concrete around them. Within minutes, he was covered from head-to-toe in the black and gold Valor Armor, ready to combat whoever had done this. He entered the bank through a side entrance and began making his way inside. In the main lobby, he saw people on the ground, though a quick examination revealed that, to his relief, they were only unconscious.

As he proceeded into the back of the bank, he saw that the huge vault door had been ripped off of its hinges. He peered inside the vault and saw a man in dark clothing and a ski mask hurriedly loading money into a large bag.
"Sir, I hate to tell you this, but that's not how you make a withdrawal."
The man turned his head to look at him and then continued loading money into the bag, as casually as if he was not even there. After a few moments, he began heading toward him with the money.
"You're not walking out of here with that money!"

Scott delivered a punch straight to his sternum and he went flying backwards, but the impact felt strange. There had been absolutely no give in the man's chest, like a normal man punching a steel door. The masked man dropped the bag and lunged at him, with Scott meeting his charge. To his surprise, the man was incredibly strong and he actually had to work to meet his struggle. This guy was definitely not your average bank robber. Scott let go with his left hand and grabbed him around the waist, putting his left leg behind the man's right leg to hip toss him to the ground.

Scott then grabbed him by the throat to hold him down with his left hand while he rained punches down on his face with his right hand. However, just like before, there was no give in the man's body. An ordinary man would be bleeding copiously and losing teeth from such punches, but this man was taking them like they were nothing. He clenched his fist and it glowed with power.
"Take this!"
His Fist of Valor strike landed flush, tearing the mask enough that he could see the glint of polished metal beneath it.

"What the-"
Scott felt himself kicked upward with incredible strength, going through the ceiling to land on the roof. He rolled with it and dropped back down into the bank lobby, but in the few seconds it had taken him to do so, the mysterious man was gone. Scott was confused by the nature of his opponent, and Valor could not get a trace of him. He heard the sounds of police cars and fire trucks pulling up outside, and he quickly dismissed his armor to meet with them. He did his best to give them a description of the suspect, and evidence technicians took the pieces of the mask left at the crime scene, but there was little trace of this guy left, almost as if he had been a ghost.

After Scott was free to leave, he called Jessica on the phone.
"Hey, where are you? The emergency is over now."
He returned to the park bench near where his grill was.
"I'll meet you here where we were eating. The police and fire department are here so everything seems safe for now."

Jessica looked at him shocked. "C-Can't you call them from here...?" She asked before he ran off and she looked around worriedly before she went about and helped guide the fleeing people to a large store that they could take shelter at until they felt safe. She helped a woman injured in the blast by carrying her to the store and calling an ambulance for her. When the ambulance arrived and carted her off she got the call from Scott. "Alright. I'm at the Big Lots on Elm Street, I'll be there soon." She hung up and hurried to where he was. "Are you ok?" She asked worriedly as she hurried over to him.

Scott nodded as she approached him.
"Yeah, I'm fine. The guy that robbed the bank ran past me and shoved me down, but I'm not hurt otherwise. Thankfully, no one was killed during the robbery."
He looked over to the bank, his thoughts on the strange composition of the robber. He had never known one to be clad from head-to-toe in metallic armor.

He then turned back to her with a slight smile.
"Well, we shouldn't let something like that spoil our whole day. Why don't we go somewhere and have fun. You can pick the place."
He walked over and loaded the grill back into the car before packaging up the leftover burgers. The day had taken a strange turn, but he was going to still make the best of it.

Jessica looked at him, still seeming worried and uncertain but sighed and nodded. "Alright... how about..." She thought a moment. "The movies? I hear there's a new superhero movie I've been wanting to see."

Scott nodded at her suggestion to go the movies.
"Yeah, that sounds fun. Let's go."
He had vaguely recalled hearing about the latest Marvel movie in their Avengers series, "Captain America Civil War". He had been in France training hard for the Grymwar invasion while the assorted Avengers movies were coming out, so he really had not had a chance to get into them yet. He got into his car with Jessica and drove to the local movie theater.

Once they were inside, he bought the tickets for Civil War and walked with her over to the concessions section.
"Get whatever you want, my treat."
He then turned to the employee working the section.
"I'll have a medium popcorn with butter and a medium Pepsi."
While his stuff was being made and Jessica made her order, he paid the cost and got his stuff. Once they had what they wanted, he walked with her to the room where they were showing the movie.

Jessica frowned a little and gave him a playfully stern look. "You don't have to pay for me you know. I'm not broke." She said then chuckled and ordered some snow caps and a small sprite.

Scott chuckled and looked at her as she teased him a bit.
"I know I didn't have to. I wanted to."
He found a couple seats in the third row of the second level and sat down to enjoy the movie. He put the popcorn between them so that they could each have what they wanted of it. As the previews began, the theater darkened and he saw Jessica's face illuminated out of the corner of his eye, looking beautiful.

Jessica chuckled and nodded. "Fine, but I'm paying for myself next time." She said before sitting down with him and eating some popcorn first. Also thinking Scott looked quite handsome with his face illuminated by the screen.

Scott watched the movie, talking with Jessica every now and then. They had one of those moments where they were both reaching for popcorn and touched hands, and hers felt soft against his. They watched the short scene after the credits and then got up to leave.
"That was a good movie."
Being an actual superhero, Scott could relate to the troubles that the Avengers had gone through. The whole concept of having to be "reined in" was why the Shadowgreen Institute had a secrecy policy in regards to their students, so as not to cause problems for the French government.

Scott got into his vehicle with Jessica and turned to her. Their eyes met for a moment, and he thought he could see just a hint of a blush on her cheeks.
"So...What do you want to do now? I've got time, so we can do whatever you want."

Jessica had a great time with Scott at the movies, she'd blinked in surprise and blushed a little as her hand touched his and she pulled it away, keeping her hands in her lap from then on. She then got in the car with him and looked over at him before pausing to think a moment. "Hm... I don't know, I mean, we could go back to either your or my place and hang out. I've got some cards and some board games if you want."

Scott nodded.
"Sure, that sounds fine. Let's pick up a couple games and take them back to my place."
He did not say it, but he thought they would be safer at his place, especially after dark. He started the car and drove back to where Jessica lived, remembering the directions from the night when she had been assaulted. He let her run in to get the games, and when she came back, he headed back for his place.

At his house, Scott opened the door for her and helped her carry in the games. He always kept his door locked when he was not home, so he opened it with a key and they went in. He set the games down on the kitchen table and got some glasses from the cabinet.
"Would you like something to drink? I've got several non-alcoholic beverages."
Scott poured himself a glass of iced tea and looked at her questioningly.

Back
Top Bottom