Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone know any decent, free to play, anime themed MMORPGs?

Stonebones

Star
For a good while now, I've wanted to find a good MMORPG to play that I really enjoy and can commit to. Turns out though, this is actually a lot more difficult then I would have thought. So every once in a (far) while, I enter a state that I call "MMO heat" where I try out a new game in hopes of finding something that I really like and get that sweet MMO experience that I've craved for so long. And it turns out, I'm entering that state once again.

So I figured this time, I'd turn to the good people of Blue Moon for help. Could anyone by chance recommend a good MMORPG they know of to me? I usually like to play games with a cutesy anime art style and are free to play, but not secretly pay to win. (Though I'm willing to fork over a little cash if I enjoy the game)

Tera is not actually pw2 for the most part, there are cash things - but you can't really buy equipment or anything in the game like that, really. Subs are pay to convenience, though.

Tera may not be totally anime - it's Korean, but the design of it all certainly looks like it could be anime in nature.

There's also Blade and Soul coming out on the 19th in the west, which will be F2P, and had an anime based off of it, it's an MMO based off of art from Hyung Tae Kim (Each word of his name is separate example art!)

I can vouch for Aura Kingdom, there's even a private server that gets rid of a lot of the cash shop if you dig around. It's not bad, not my cup of tea, but it's perfectly playable.

I don't like Tera, however. It's a very shallow experience that's only saved by it's combat, which can be immersive, but there's nothing really to do in the endgame since most of the updates cater toward newer members. I've heard good things about Blade and Soul, though. Very good things.

Tree of Savior is coming soon, too. I missed the boat on Raganrok Online, so I'm definitely hopping on this one as soon as open beta starts.

Try mabinogi Online, It's got fully customizable avatars, 3 races to choose from (Human, Beast, Elf) Cash items are really just outfits with no armor value, just fashion value. Dye system to dye clothing and armor, pets, mounts, unlimited/classless leveling system - You choose what skills you want to learn and level them up as you use them. A really gripping story questline and best of all is that Each race get their very own transformation mode (sort of like a liimit break that gets leveled up separately from your main skills.)

Humans can become Dark Knights or Paladins,
Elves can become Falcon Sage's.
Giants can become Beast Lords.

The game is really worth a try if you're looking for anime-based MMO's.

Blade and soul may be nice and went FTP i havent looked into it much other than that it is combo heavy and doesnt run to well on my laptop

Back
Top Bottom