Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Under the shadow of the ` ℮ с ℓ ι р ѕ ℮

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Dark elf dropped down behind him, malak was a little startled, he hadn't felt her in the din, her signature obscured by the magic of the forest, and his own aura that wafted through the enclosure. The male turned and smiled a little when she approached him, hiding his start behind his small smile, letting it touch his lips as he turned go greet her "Ah, hello Colonel, I suspected you were near. Malak's hands moved behind his back in a curt gesture, his head tilting to the side as he listened to the dark elf speak to him. The Dark elf was a formidable being, one who interested Malak quite thoroughly, she had managed to get so close to him without him detecting her, this stunned him. Malak took a mental note not to piss the Drow off and continued, replying to her statements.

"I am not surprised they approached me really." Malak's voice darkened, becoming a little more serious than his greeting, allowing his lips to form an evil smirk, gesturing to the corpses "They felt me summon my Darklings, a fraction of the aura I use in normal circumstances... Elves haven't felt my magic since this land was ravaged by it centuries ago, but they seem to instinctively remember it, as does this forest... " Malak held out his hand, a small green flame appearing in the center of his palm, quickly elongating into the form of a wispy serpent, which wound around Malak's hood, temporarily illuminating his face. The Warlock stood in one place as he spoke to the female, his eyes focused on hers, his voice occasionally trailing off as he spoke, recalling the last moments of the creatures that attempted to face down the abomination all alone, he didn't feel sorry for them of course, approaching a being that one instinctively fears is not good for survival.

"Not that I mind that they came to me, after watching you all eat I became a little peckish myself, and the looks on their faces were priceless. I can only assume more will come if they felt my power, some curious, some seeking to snuff it... High Elves are truly stupid creatures, it is a wonder they have survived so long..." Malak's voice lightened and his smirk became a delighted grin. Malak hated high elves for their purity, though he found they do taste delicious when properly prepared, a little bit of herbs and spices, and of course when properly tenderized prior to roasting.

"I would appreciate your companionship, if the elves were in greater numbers they may have had a chance of striking me, and if the knights are in fact here... well, lets say I would rather they did not get too close to me." Malak looked at the ground for a moment, then back at nekar, returning to his 'normal' behavior "Not to mention that other than this I would otherwise find this trip terribly boring" Malak's mouth went from a smirk to a frown for a split second before returning to his usual facial expression, the glowing eyes rolling to express his boredom.

Malak took a couple steps forward, turning to Nekar "Well, while our two idiots of comrades go bumbling into Cam and bash in the doors or whatever they are going to do, I think I will take a low profile entrance to the city." Malak was quite irritated with the two, the beast had an excuse to be causing havoc, though the elf should have known better. Malak was disappointed with both and the wolf, If Malak found that he slept on the job again, chances are he would lose his fur mysteriously until he shaped up. Honestly, the warlock couldn't wait to see the punishments bestowed upon them by king Vayne, the man didn't take well to that kind of thing.

The male continued on his way, gesturing "I can feel our objective coming from this direction, let us see if we can reach it before our allies get at it... I can lower any barriers on the way" Malak turned his head, taking a breath and totally withdrawing his aura, watching as the taint he had released withdraw, the black fog that had snuffed out all life in the clearing retreating into his robes. With his aura withdrawn, Malak would be invisible to the elders, like a normal human.

The fact was that Renate didn't mind it, she'd had it happen enough in her life to just laugh things like that off and nodded to Ranis and pretended to struggle for a moment to "unlatch" Naolin before joining them at the table. "It's nice to meet a friendly face." she said to Ranis and blinked, her eyes going distant for a moment and smirked wolfishly at her and said lowly. "Your majesty." she said and winked before sitting back in her seat and made a gesture to the barmaid on duty.

"A round for all of us!" she ordered firmly and laughed some, seeming to just relax as she flicked her left hand and produced a small cloth from it and proceeded to wipe her cleavage clean of Naolins' drool. "It's gross but he does it every time I surprise him. We're old drinking buddies." she explained as she did.

As she settled, her ragged ponytail wrapped itself around her shoulders and rested on her chest as if it had a mind of it's own. Sometimes her "other self" would play with her hair adn make it do weird things, harmless as it looked like a ghost was playing with it. Ren's inner self was more sensitive to the auras of others and could sense the field of magic around Ranis that was keeping her as a humanoid. But she'd just ignore it for the time being and sighed some, fiddling with an empty bottle. "hey. have either of you heard of...'she started off and explained the name of an underground organization known for it's smuggling, slave-trade and various other things. "I've been looking for leads to where they keep their main headquarters, I've heard it's in this general area but I haven't had any luck in finding it." she said.

If they did know where it was she was going to invite them to come along to find out just what they were doing and "confiscate" any of their assets to give to the innocent people they victimized to line their pockets with gold. It wasn't a nice thing to do and she wasn't going to deal with it anymore: she wanted to find her mom. "I'm sure there's rewards to dealing with people like that." she said.

Disappointed that he had his face removed from the round and plump breasts of the woman, he flopped himself back onto the bar and perked up when he heard that he was going to get a free drink. â??I knew there was a reason weâ??re buddies.â? he joked, leaning in to grasp for the cup and take a sip. It was then that he randomly flipped off Shadow again, as if he could hear the guardian speak to him, while no one else did. Their shared link, pulled by the threads that used to be part of himself, but now, separated in two different forms.

Naolin turned his head towards Ranis and grinned, his eyes unclear, his hair messy, but his smile almost cliché perfect. â??You know, you would look lovely, spread out before me.â? the drunkard â??commentedâ??, before pausing and thinking in his hazed mind. â??Or are you the type of woman who would like to be on top? I can live with that.â? he leaned in closer to her, before resting his head against her shoulder and giving her a soft smile while taking another gulp of his drink.

The light liquid spilled some over his chin and dapped her kimono, but it didnâ??t even seem to bother Naolin that he was dirtying the Dragon Queenâ??s outfit. Rather, he stayed where he was, only planning to lift his head if she decided to shove him off. â??Ah, what a nice dayâ?¦surrounded by such lovely ladies.â? being drunk had many drawbacks, and one was inhibitions. A warm hand snuck to the side and around Ranisâ?? waist to grab a handful of the light haired womanâ??s voluminous ass.

Tsuâ??s eyes followed to the elfâ?¦ Was she his replacement? The thought crossed his mind, the stem of the rose driving up to his shoulder, the thorns tearing painfully at the fresh skin as it had never went that high. Jealousy. That was the emotion he was feeling. It had been a while since he had experienced such emotions toward another being. It was a strange sensationâ?¦ â??Masterâ?¦you are bleeding moreâ?¦â? Firuâ??en telepathically alerted its master as it looked to him. Tsuâ??s attention was directed toward the Youngest Knight however, as he approached him.

It seemed the other hadnâ??t changed a bit coming to him so carelessly. Tsuâ??Ro, although he would have nothing of it, could have been apart of the Dark Army. He could have struck the Youngest Knight down where he stoodâ?¦ â??No, I donâ??t want to bother your friendâ?¦.â? He quickly replied with a small smile. â??Master it would be so easy for you to just let their elf heal youâ?¦â? and while that was true, Tsuâ??Ro wouldnâ??t allow it. He already, even though he knew nothing of her, didnâ??t like the elf as it seemed she had replaced him. Taken his destinyâ?¦erased his purpose. It was a naïve thought, Tsuâ??Ro knew it butâ?¦ he couldnâ??t help but feel soâ?¦so envious of the Elf.

Instinctively Tsuâ??Ro pulled his arm back not wanting the other to see that it was his powers that caused his own injury. Brandâ??s next comment made Tsu laugh. The knight was always enough to make him smile when he was feeling anything other than happy. There was a warm sensation that stirred deep inside him that almost made him want to pull down his hood and reveal who he was. However, the fear of him being repulsed by his presenceâ?¦.the thought of Brand believing those ugly rumors about him stopped that thought from becoming a reality. Even though his accusations were wrong he didnâ??t correct the night, figuring it was best to stay deep in disguise.

He almost stepped back as Zâ??s hand went from his injured arm to the hood of his cloak. Was he going to pull it down? No, it seemed he was measuring his height. He wasnâ??t sure, but his sudden closeness caused the thorns of the rose to retract, the stem shortening. The feeling of it tearing from him was nearly unbearableâ?¦it seemed worse than the feeling of the thorns ripping into his skin. Actually, when the thorns did tear open his skin it was quite relaxing. He supposed thatâ??s why he was always doing it and not knowing. â??Itâ??s not so bad reallyâ?¦Men never approach a woman whoâ??s so tall and could possibly be a man..â? he said with a soft chuckle. He lifted up his sleeve to reveal a tattered arm, open with scars and tears, a white rose clean of his blood seeming to just sprout from his wrist, if one hadnâ??t noticed the stem-like vine that encircled it.. â??I just need some bandages and whatnotâ?¦â? he said nonchalantly, letting the white cloak drop down over his arm.

• Elfie. Arioch detested being called that. More than that, she hated how Lynnira joked about burning the forest. The earth was a living, breathing thing. It needed to be nurtured and taken care of just as any human did. Burning did have it's place in the cycle of caring for the land, but now was hardly the time for burning. And this was hardly the place for that. Jesting or not, if fire was set to the forest by the knight, even her status as one of the Queen's chosen couldn't save her. Many would die, many would be left homeless, those left remaining would be in for hard times. They would need someone to blame their anger and pain on, and she would be the person they chose to direct their anguish toward. Arioch hoped that either Brand or Valen would be able to stop her in the event that she did fly off the handle and started to set things on fire. Then again, she had only just met them all and knew none of them well enough to know anything of them other than their names and tales of their deeds.

What bothered the High Elf more than anything was the person that just appeared. There was something about this cloaked figure that was just strange. The more she tried, the harder it was to get a ready of just what this person was like. It bothered her. Arioch was no slouch when it came to healing and medical matters. After spending most of her life fighting day in and day out for her life and the life of her comrades, she was rather good at the healing arts. That this person would not want to be examined was just as strange as the feeling they gave off. The gaze that the Elf shot the cloaked figure was by no means friendly, but not exactly threatening. If anything, it was a gaze that silently said 'I'm watching you'. Her attention turned from the figure to the tiger near them. It seemed as if it were the figure's companion. That was somewhat surprising, but at the same time, it wasn't. Those with the power to communicate with animals often had exotic varieties of them as companions. This was her first time seeing a tiger though, so the presence of the large cat intrigued her. Intrigue and suspicions would have to wait for a time when they could afford to be given adequate attention. It was more important that they take care of what they were here for in the first place.

"I would be more than willing, however, it seems my help is not needed. It would be for the best if we hurried into the city and found someone who could help our friend here," Arioch said, nodding her head in Valen's direction. Her eyes turned to Brand, then to the newcomer and his tiger once more. She turned on her ball of her right foot sharply and entered into the town after Lynnira. For her to leave in such a way may have seemed cold, but the cloaked person - who had yet to have clearly identified them self as man or woman - didn't seem to like being around her. That was the one feeling that this person did give her. Honestly, it hurt a bit to feel such a thing, but there was little that could be done about that.

Rather than linger where her presence was no wanted, she left them and entered Cam.The city was a place that she had ventured to many times in her years as a Paladin for the Elven Court, and she was quite familiar with the city. She guessed that Valen had been here on some occasion before and also knew his way around. Between the two of them, the group would be able to find and obtain anything they needed in a timely manner.[/list:u][/list:u]

• "Please, there is no need for such formalities. A friend of a friend is also a friend, no," Ranis asked, arching an eyebrow. It was a human saying that she learned while on her travels. Many times, she heard it in bars such as this one, where people were meeting for the first time. Those people usually formed parties with someone they knew and someone they didn't, and the group would leave and travel together for a while. Just as the thought crossed her mind that this felt like one of those situations, Renate inquired about a criminal organization that she had been searching for. Ranis guessed that Renate was either insane, or that the woman was a sell sword of some kind. When she finished her story, and Ranis finished with the second bottle that she purchased, the dragon was just about to reply when Nao. . .

Well, Ranis couldn't really be mad at him. She was rather attractive in this form, and she was a Queen. In this kind of place, people like him were to be expected. Nothing that she hadn't come across in her travels yet. In fact, she learned how to deal with people when they became like this all too well. And a large part of her enjoyed "dealing with" those people. Since Naolin was such an entertaining person, and someone that she found she rather liked, she wouldn't treat him the same as she normally did others who had done this in the past. She smiled at him, slowly leaning forward so that she could whisper into his ear. â??Would you believe me if I said I would much rather be on top? In control of everything, watching the way your face twists in pleasure as I work my magic,â? she whispered, her voice soft and near breathless. Her finger slowly traced the length of his arm, gently coming to rest on top of his hand.

All of a sudden, her grip around his hand tightened, and she slowly began to pull it away. â??Flattery will get you everywhere Naolin, everywhere except for there. Please do keep that in mind, because I would hate to have to hurt the first person Iâ??ve met in years I have found to be so entertaining.â? Slowly, she pulled away from the drunk and flashed a friendly smile down at him before slowly pushing him away. Her attention shifted from Naolin and back to Renate almost instantly. â??I am afraid I havenâ??t heard of such a group, however, if you are in need of another sword, perhaps I may lend you my own,â? Ranis said softly. She was offering to join Renate in her quest to find the underground group. For many reasons really. Mostly because hearing of the things that they did left a bad taste in her mouth, and because it sickened her to her stomach to know that there were such things happening in this world.

No matter how you looked at it, having the assistance of a dragon was a great thing. Having the assistance of the Dragon Queen? It didnâ??t get much better than that.[/list:u][/list:u]

• Nekar was an assassin. Erasing her presence, sneaking up on others, and acting without them being aware of it was her job. It had become so natural to her that she was able to do it all of the time, appearing to others only when she had a desire to do so. Had she not spoke, there was a good chance that she could have hid her presence from Malak all together, and shadowed his every move without him noticing. If he had been startled by her sudden appearance, it didnâ??t show on his face, but Nekar couldnâ??t help but wonder. Malak was, perhaps, the most interesting of her comrades next to Gandrian. Since Gandrian already had a shadow, and the wolf seemed to despise her presence, Nekar decided to follow after Malak. It was a simple choice, and perhaps, the best for many reasons.

â??Indeed they are. . .â? Nekar said softly. She shared in Malakâ??s opinion of High Elves. They were stupid creatures. Stupid, ignorant, foolish creatures. If it werenâ??t for her fear of bringing the wrath of her King down upon her, she would left loose and have some fun tormenting some, killing others, and disfiguring any of those who were unfortunate enough to survive their encounter with the deadly Drow beauty. The thought of being here and not being able to kill a few certainly upset her, but her duty was the follow the orders given by her King, nothing more and nothing less. If she had to kill a few in order to complete her objective and return with the shard, she would take great pleasure in doing so. In fact, there was a large part of her that hoped they would be ambushed just so that she could let loose and have some fun herself.

Malakâ??s voice drew her out of her thoughts and back to reality. To hear that Gandrian and Xion had already infiltrated Cam, and so easily, was a relief. Until she thought about who was there. Gandrian was more than capable as a leader, as a warrior, and proved time and time again that he was more than worthy of his job. Having Xion around only seemed to make him less efficient, partially because of Gandrianâ??s own personality, but mostly because the two of them did not get along at all. She hoped that King Vayne would separate the two of them soon, so that future missions such as this would go more smoothly than this one. Then again, it wasnâ??t her place to doubt the King. He knew what he was doing when he put the two of them together. His reasons for doing so were obviously beyond her ability to comprehend.

â??Fear not, Lord Malak, not even one of these fools shall come within striking distance of you. Should they even try, I will cut them down,â? Nekar said, bowing politely toward her traveling companion. It wasnâ??t uncommon for her to be so formal or polite with anyone. Speaking with them for extended periods of time, or being beside them outside of assigned missions? That would have been cause for concern. â??I share your sentiments concerning our approach. It would bode well for us to find a less obvious way of entering the town. One such as myself certainly would not be welcome there.â? One such as herself, a Dark Elf, certainly would not be welcome into Cam with open arms. They would probably attempt to steal her life after merely glancing in her direction.[/list:u][/list:u]

Xion had been waiting inside the gates and could only be highly amused by the fact the good-guy team were all arguing already; they were making team dark's job alot easier. Now if only they could make this chaotic relationship continue so they'd be more distracted to give the others time to find the shard here first. But with Arioch getting away from her group, it was a perfect time to go antagonize her a bit; just within earshot of the others so that they'd look at her with different eyes after they were seen socializing in the most civil possible way. Xion, however, was laughing internally that none of them had taken notice of him waiting for them there, he wasn't taking any measures to conceal where or who he was; maybe there WERE just that stupid?

Brushing a hand through his hair, he stood up and confidently sauntered up behind Arioch and rather blatantly swatted her on the rump to get her attention. He knew that she would probably hate that gesture but it'd do the job for getting her attention wouldn't it? "Well well Arioch, isn't it nice to see you here." he said in the most polite, civil tone possible for the situation, trying to keep his amusement from showing and retaining an air of professionalism. He might've hated her to some degree but he did agree that she had a nice shapely rear, hence the swat. "How've you been doing lately my friend?" he asked her, then loud enough for the others to ear but not overly. "How're my daughters? Your nieces. They better be happy and content or I'm going to have to take steps that you never liked in the past." Xion asked her with a wry smirk that he couldn't conceal.

He hoped deeply that it'd discredit her in the other's eyes to learn she had a personal connection to someone on team bad that went beyond professional affiliation like the others had with various members of the other team. "It seems like you've fallen in with a ragtag group of misfits, again. Whatever happened to your elven pride? I thought your people didn't help mere humans in their own problems since they are their problems." he prodded her a bit more, trying to upset the high elf.

A short second or two, she hoped, was all she would need to catch her breath, to regain her balance.

Twas a lie.

Shaking her head out she faked a smile in Valen's direction. Her weakness wasn't supposed to be shown in front of him of all people. "I sh-should be fine." Lynnira replied quickly, trying to cover her stutter with a small laugh, but it was all lies. And she knew he could tell. With a disdain sigh the woman grasped his hand. It was cold to the touch for her, but her skin must've been scalding to him. Her temperature was through the roof. Her fingers curled gently in his; oh she knew how he felt towards her. A sibling. She was his younger, hot-tempered sister.. while she wanted something completely different. Unable to speak loudly of this before the other knights, Lynn kept her head low, speaking softly as she was lead by his cool hand, "Thank you.."

Though as soon as they all turned to the newcomer, so did Lynnira. Taking him (or her) in with raised brows. But she spent little attention on the cloaked figure and their cat. As soon as she found she could breathe again, her hand slipped from Valen's and to her side. Pulling her body up straight she looked into the city. As Arioch spun into the city, leaving them in the dusk, Lynnira went to follow.

"I believe finding proper beddings and resting area's is in order now. Perhaps I shall look for said things? Else.. are we staying not in a regular place?" Lynnira flicked her cold blue eyes to the Elf whom had begun to walk away. No bitterness, but a strange look of.. respect? "General."

Tilting his head, the blonde turned his gaze towards Arioch for a moment, noting that she wasnâ??t going to help the newcomer and just trotted along without them. That caused him to press his lips together, wanting to call out to her and drag her back to heal this stranger, but not doing so. It wasnâ??t his place to tell her how she should use her magic and healing abilities, but unwillingly so, he thought of something forbidden that the knights had cast aside in their heads. Gandrian would have healed someone injured without a second though. Ifâ?¦ if the knight hadnâ??t fallen into darkness.

Shaking his head, he didnâ??t even sigh his sad feelings away, before he turned his face back to the strange and smiled. â??Please excuse her. She doesnâ??t mean to be unfriendly, but sheâ??s a good person when you get to know her.â? the youngest knight automatically defended. Whether or not he meant it in a way that was personal didnâ??t hinge onto his words, as he defended everyone around him. She was part of his group now, and he would care for her as if she was one of the knights. Reaching out, he grasped the otherâ??s wrist and gently held it up to bring the arm closer to his face. â??Doesnâ??t look too badâ?¦just a bit here and there. You might not even need a healer, if we can bandage this up correctly.â?

Suddenly, he remembered how rude it was to grab for someone that was a stranger. As he was holding the injured arm with a hand, he placed his free hand into the opposite of the strangerâ??s hand. Their fingers seemed to just brush, as he noted how soft the hands were. Must have been female hands, as they reminded him of Lynniraâ??s softness. â??You know, thereâ??s no need to hide from us. We wonâ??t harm you.â? his smile was as bright as his hair for a moment. â??My name is Brand. May I know yours?â? as he asked, his eyes were set on the hood; a silent question to take it off.

Danger? Brand was lacking the radar to note of it, as he foolishly trusted this person without the thought that he could be harmed. They would catch up with Arioch and Lynn in a moment, but he had to wonder why the men were always left behind.

He watched as the elf walked off. â??I think she felt your hatred and envy Masterâ?¦â? Firuâ??en informed his master as its bright emerald eyes followed after the woman. â??Probablyâ?¦ I almost feel bad for making her storm off like that butâ?¦this is my positionâ?¦â? he replied to the tiger. His attention was then directed to Brand as he began to speak. Why did he defend her? No, why was he thinking such a stupid question? Brand had a knack for things such as defending another person, or trying his hardest to care for his comrades. It was clearly in his natureâ?¦for him to have not defended her would have been weird.

Tsuâ??Ro had to fight the urge to snatch his arm away from the other as he suddenly clasped his wrist. The rose upon his wrist closed up into a small bud to prevent the other from smashing it. He watched as the knight brought his arm closer into view, the cloakâ??s sleeve falling back once more to allow the other to see. Thank god he had on the hood as Brandâ??s fingers slightly brushed against his smooth hands. An immediate heat rushed to his cheeks, he had to fight the urge to look away shyly as the knight examined him. One thing he always hid from the knight in the early days was his fondness for him. No need to hide? Indeed there was for the demon. His seemingly unnatural beauty, and bad reputation that followed him was all the reason he needed to hide his identity; even though he would give anything to have Brand know he still existed.

â??Jiuâ??neâ?¦â? he lied as he looked down at the knight. â??Master, Jiuâ??ne? Is that the best you could come up with?â? Firu asked as its questioning green eyes gazed up at the male. â??It was my birth motherâ??s name.â? Brandâ??s eyes seemed to beckon him to remove his hood, but he just couldnâ??t no matter how much he wanted to please the other. The fear of being rejected by him weighed heavy on his heart. He finally pulled his arm away from Brand noticing that the knight still had it within his grasp. The flower around that wrist bloomed beautifully, a petal or two gracefully fluttering in a cool breeze before landing in the grass around them.

â??You should hurry to your friendsâ?¦ Iâ??ll follow behind until we get somewhere where I can bandage my armâ?¦â? he informed Brand and Valen as he looked down at the young knight then over to Valenâ?¦ Things really changed after the Queenâ??s defeat. â??This king of Darkness will pay for upsetting the balance...â? Tsuâ??Ro said to Firu'en.

Renate only shook her head at Naolin's antics and began to laugh faintly at the sight of it and continued to. "Well he does that fairly often, when he's really hammered like he is now he falls in love twenty times a day so I doubt that he'd remember your agreement there Ranis." she said with a laugh and downed a bit more of the drink she'd had in the bottle before her on the table. But she was relieved to hear that Ranis would be willing to help and she'd jump all over it if she needed another sword but right now she really needed information without that that: having more swords was just a waste of money and time. "I appreciate the sentiment but a sword isn't what's needed. It's information unfortunately and people don't seem to want to talk about it." she said and sighed. "I just want to find my mom but I've been looking for ten years now and have found only minimal traces, I'm starting to lose hope." she sighed sadly.

"I have so many questions for her too. None of them can be answered by anyone else and I'm just...lost." she admitted, swishing the booze in the bottle around in tight circles a few times before setting it down and smiling some. "But having someone else to travel with would be very nice, I'm very lonely from having to ride in the back of rickety old wagons with closed-mouthed merchants that only want to talk about money." she said with a jovial grin on her face that seemed to improve her looks greatly. "But perhaps we should try to get out of the wasteland here, I doubt any of us would find anything we're looking for out here." she said as she stood up and stretched out some, leaning back until she popped her back and legs, the gesture making her overly large boobs bounce some before she straightened.

"So Ranis, where do you come from?" she asked. "I've heard of your kind in the near-arctic north, is that true? And if it is..isn't it really bloody cold up there? Renate chuckled a bit as she looked the woman over, trying to guess at her origin from the way her clothing was made, it was unlike much she'd seen in a very long time afterall.

â??Jiuâ??ne? Thatâ??s a beautiful name.â? he noted, a bit surprised to feel the hand pulled away from him. Rarely did people avoid his touch in the past, and it wasnâ??t something vain he meant by the thought, but the fact that they told him he had a warm and tingly touch. Many of the court ladies had been enthralled by the cute charm the youngest knight had, or at least, the ones that werenâ??t falling over Valen or Gandrian at the time. It never went beyond the simple touches of their hands though, as some were admires, and some were just curious what it felt like. The blonde was the wielder of their most offensive and destructive element among The Four, as his magic didnâ??t naturally come with â??defensiveâ?? abilities like the others had. They would always wonder if the hands were cold and sparkling with death, despite his smiling features.

They were always surprise he was warm, as if they thought he wasnâ??t mortalâ??as mortal as a half-elf could beâ??and found out otherwise.

Shaken out of his thoughts when he realized that Jiuâ??ne was talking to him, he glanced over and realized that the gates were closing on them. â??We better hurry, Valen. Come, weâ??ll escort you.â? even though he wasnâ??t their â??leaderâ??, official or not, he knew he shouldnâ??t have invited some stranger to travel with them. No matter the length of time, it was up to Valen in the end to chose, or at least a vote of numbers between them. They worked as a unit, but still, he felt as if he had to branch out a helping hand to someone that was injured.

Without nothing that perhaps this person, Jiuâ??ne, didnâ??t want him touching his or her being, he gently wrapped an arm around the personâ??s shoulder and eased them to come along. If asked, perhaps it was the fact that it was best to keep someone in sight, even by oneâ??s side, rather than behind. He spoke of nothing for a moment, as he tried to urge them to inch a bit closer to the gates, before he saw Arioch being confront with someone in the distance. Pausing, he frowned and gazed over to Valen briefly, wondering what they should do. Was that the Dragon on the darkâ??s side?

Just the thought made a small spark of warning crackle around him, focused mainly on his fingertips. He hadnâ??t even noticed that they were dancing along Jiuâ??neâ??s shoulder, but with the amount of charge, it was but mere pokes and tickles. If Captain Xion were to move in any wrong way towards harming their Elvin companion, he would waste not a thought to go defend herâ??despite knowing that she was strong enough to fight for herself.

Valen had offered his help to Lynn, smiling to her, the woman seemed like she was in pain, though she had quickly recovered from whatever she was feeling, when the female took his hand, he almost winced, even through his temperature-resistant gloves, the touch of her fingers was still quite scalding. Valen's own hand was nice and cold, and remained that way even when exposed to her warmth. Once Lynn regained her strength and followed Valen let go, allowing her to follow the elf as she left, he had other concerns "I'll catch up to you lynn" Valen offered her his brotherly smile and turned to face Brand and the Newcomer, his pleasant expression growing colder. Valen's left hand held his spear and his pipe, which he absent-mindedly took a puff from, relishing the feeling of the smoke filling his lungs and the drug rushing through his body.

Valen approached Brand and the hooded figure frowning and looking over the figure, he couldn't tell if it was male or female, or even human, and he didn't particularly care, it didn't want them to know. The figure seemed loath to show it's identity, this made the Champion Knight bristle, his protectiveness rising. "There are healers within the city, you may accompany us that far, but we will only remain in Cam for a little time, normally I would offer to you more, but I would like you to show me your face before I do, otherwise it would be best if we parted ways after we have seen to your injury. Valen was uncomfortable with this new person, he didn't like how evasive he or she was at all, a behavior which immediately drew Valen's mistrust, he knew Brand would protest, but Valen knew the penalty for trusting too easily, so he spoke again before the other had time to interject. "I am sorry, but I cannot trust someone who hides behind a hood" the figure seemed focused on Brand, which was enough of a reason to be suspicious, for all that Valen knew, this newcomer was an assassin who would plant a dagger in one of their backs. Valen's fingers tightened around the shaft of his spear, holding the weapon upright beside him. "Let me see your face at least, so I can rest my worries, you have until we leave if you intend to stay in our company, if not, so be it. ." If no one else was going to make the stranger reveal his or her identity Valen would, Brand may have been kind enough to trust a total stranger who refused to even have the common courtesy of removing his or her hood when speaking to another, but Valen wouldn't have that.

Valen turned, walking away, still using his spear as a walking stick as he moved to catch up with the others, turning his head to Brand when he spoke to him again Valen took a puff from his pipe and continued on, leaving a ring of smoke in his wake. Brand could take care of himself if the figure did something stupid. The male put the thought out of his mind, walking briskly so he could catch up with Ari and Lyn, approaching the women after casting the irritated look from his face on the way to the female.

When he did he noted that the dark figure had walked up to Ari, and was harassing her, oh this did not sit well with Valen at all. Lowering his spear a little he quickened his pace, if he was right, and recognized that form, the man harassing the girls was one of the king's minions, a dragon in disguise of all things. The lowering of the spear from it's position into a different one, one which he could quickly take action if the dragon decided to do anything stupid.

Malak nodded when Nekar assured him that so long as she had his back there would be no chance of an enemy even drawing close to him in combat, before bowing to him politely. "That is good to know, you have my thanks, Colonel" Malak smiled widely upon this statement, returning her bow, Malak was glad that one of the individuals in his group had manners at least. The female outranked him in the terms of military service, but Malak was still a noble, so her manners were well placed and appreciated. Her aid was also appreciated, Elves, especially High elves were vulnerable to his magic and presence, but if they were in a different setting with a race resistant to magic, he wouldn't be so victorious without support.

So far Malak quite liked the colonel, she was intelligent and appeared to be quite deadly, one of the few beings to ever successfully sneak up on him, she was quite pleasant to look at to boot. Of course Malak didn't care whether the Drow actually liked him or not, so long as she remained pleasant in his presence that was something he could live with. He was glad that the Drow was being polite rather than her usual icy state, it would make the journey all that much easier for them if they got along, unlike the others who were likely bickering or splitting up at the time.

Malak began, allowing his senses to lead him towards the city of cam, moving through their maze easily. Malak didn't speak as he walked, his eyes focused forward and his movement's deft, he would occasionally stop, pausing and reflecting, tracing the source and the path that they would take, a human in this maze would be totally lost, but Malak had his advantages, namely, he could cheat. It took only minutes for Malak to reach one of the walls of cam, glancing up at it's height, it was protected by magic, so scaling it would likely not be a good choice. Malak's attention focused on the wall, but after a second something else caught it, rustling from the underbrush that made him turn his head. The male held up a hand to the woman, signaling not to attack as the huge hound stalked out of the underbrush, it was one of Malak's hounds, obvious in it's nearly skeletal appearance, huge jaws, and the emblem that seemed tattooed on it's shoulder, a fiery skull. The huge, demonic animal carried an unconscious elf in it's maw, the creature was unharmed, but out cold. Malak nodded silently "Good, return her to the Carrier, then stay near" With that the hound turned and vanished, Malak had other things to worry about than test subjects, namely getting into Cam undetected.

Malak traced his path, seeking a hidden entrance to the city, listening to the demonic whisper that echoed from within him "Tell me where it is..." the warlock whispered to himself, closing his eyes and focusing as the whispers told him where to try. The elves would attempt to cut them down if they entered at any point close to one of the main gates to Cam, since neither of them was well accepted or could blend in the elven populace, the Drow was a Drow, the species sworn enemy, and Malak himself was an abomination of nature, an avatar of corruption, death, and decay, all things the elves weren't too fond of, not to mention the last time his magic was felt here, it sowed death and destruction to all.

Malak ran his fingers along the wall, watching the surface ripple his touch, smirking when he found that weak point in the wall. "Here is our entrance..." Malak mumbled, pressing his finger into the weakness and whispering a word, pressing forward and causing a visible crack in the wall as entropy did it's work, the material of the wall turning to ash, a hole appearing, widening and growing until it was large enough to walk through. Malak gestured to the hole, "well, until our fearless leader finds our objective or gets into trouble it is best we remain undetected... if you wish, I can disguise you, or we can simply remain hidden by way of our own devices."

The necromancer leaned his head against the table, grinning widely like some drunken idiot, as he watched the girls interact. The women were very beautiful in their own right, and if given the chance, he would bed either one in an instant. Whore? He didnâ??t know the meaning of it, because everyone was entitled to free loving. At least, thatâ??s how he saw it in his mind, but that didnâ??t necessarily mean others didnâ??t call him a man-whore.

When he heard that they were going on some quest to find an underground leader, he tilted his head like some confused animal. Naolin wasnâ??t drunk enough that he didnâ??t understand what was going on, and they were bothering him again. Voices that continued to rant and bicker here and there at all timesâ??sometimes to him, sometimes to each other. They got annoying, so he grabbed for another drink and took another sip. â??Mmmâ?¦â? whatever they were talking about, must have been important, because his radar for importance came up, and his hand shot out to grab for Renateâ??s bouncing breast. It was nice and squish under his touch, warm and soothing, so he gave it another squeeze.

â??You have really nice tits, Miss Ateâ?¦er, Ranâ?¦Renâ?¦â? he visibly pause with a half dazed look on his face, while hand still firmly on her plush breast. â??Well, whatever your name is, you have lovely tits.â? the blonde declared, as if he needed to restate it, while his other hand discretely reached over and groped at Ranisâ?? breast. He had to compare, after all, and he had a look on his face to say that he wasnâ??t sure which was better.

Shadow inched closer to them, but didnâ??t dare come to close, as the summoner had specific told it that it wasnâ??t allowed to come too close to Naolin nor others, unless there was a very important reason. Groping and the danger of being slapped wasnâ??t too important in his book, as any slap was worth the hands full of boob that he gotâ??in his opinion. Ask another person and they might slap him again.

• Arioch knew not what she was expecting upon entering the city, but she was not expecting to feel a hand to collide with her rear. Such a thought never even crossed her mind. Elves were a respectful lot, such a thing was looked down upon in their society. Outside of the area where she grew at least. This was far from that place though, a quaint and vibrant town full of life and those who wished to live it peacefully. To think that such a thing even happened was enough to infuriate her greatly. It did not happen immediately though. First came a natural response - her eyes shot wide open, and her spine straightened. Her face slowly began to turn red, from a combination of a growing embarrassment and anger. Though she knew not who was responsible, she had half a mind to cut them down right then and there!

Her movement was quick and fluid. As she turned to face the one who was responsible, her right hand grasped the hilt of her rapier. Just as the motion of her body stopped, she began to draw her weapon from it's sheath. When her eyes fell upon the one responsible, she froze. She froze for many reasons, but mostly, because of disbelief. She could not believe that he was here! Her brother-in-law, the red dragon Xion. The man was, to be blunt, no good. All she had ever seen of him was evil, and she wanted nothing to do with him. Slowly, she took a step back, her eyes narrowing slightly. "Spare me the pleasantries. I am not you friend. What business could you possibly have here," she asked. A moments thought, and she found herself shaking her head. "I care not, your presence could bring nothing but trouble."

"Your words show how little you know. These mere humans, as you call them, are heroes. They will change the world back to the way it was, make things better for your children than you would ever be able to. And I would not dare waste my breath speaking to you of my pride - you could never comprehend such a thing. Leave this place Xion,"
      She said, boldly standing her ground against the dragon. He was powerful, yes, and could probably crush her skull by just grabbing it, but he would not be able to do so without being injured, and with the others here with her, she was certain that they wouldn't dare hesitate to strike him if he so much as dared to attempt to try anything. Arioch could see, out of the corner of her eye, that Valen was already prepared to strike.

As for the elf herself? Her hands rest upon the handle of both of her axes, ready to pull them free and strike at a moments notice. She wouldn't stand for this, not his insults to herself or to her new found comrades.[/list:u][/list:u]

Lynnira was too preoccupied with herself to notice the others. This tingly feeling in her gut told her, nothin' to worry 'bout that person. And so, she followed it's directions. As it had done her no wrong yet.

With a heavy sigh, her shoulders slumped from the pressure. It was squeezing her body like a snake about it's victim, a trickle of sweat from the effort warmed the back of her neck unpleasantly. With a shudder and a huff, the woman continued on her way. She cared not for the other Knight's at the moment; they could handle themselves. Mostly the elf, something about her put Lynnira off. 'Does she believe me as a lower being than her? Or does she blame us for the fall of our Queen? Ugh, well.. she has always been a bitch to me, I just think she doesn't like me. Probably the fire thing... fuck, I don't know.' Her inner turmoil ended soon enough though.

Over a door, carved into the wooden board that hung was a symbol that was known to all. A tavern. A place of eating, drinking and sleeping. A few of Lynnira's favorite things. Like the other 'buildings' in the town they were all wooden, sturdy and fortified with stone. It looked less elvish to her then it really should. She noted with a soft 'Hmph'. Quickly, the cloaked and pained woman turned inside, like most, it was misty with smoke, long tables scattered with people (elves, in this case), the fire flickered almost lifelessly in a far corner. There was a long delicate piece of silk hanging from an arch, separating the kitchen to the rest of the room. Like all Taverns, there was a man who stood behind a counter, a bartender, also the innkeeper. Reaching into the folds of her cloak she grasped a pouch of coins, a soft mutter left her lips as the eyes followed her, unknown to her. "They can pay for themselves..." And with that she placed a couple of coins, worth more then the room she wanted to use. The Bartender didn't mind the extra and gave her a gentle smile, and handed her a rough, copper key.

Spinning it in her fingers, the Flame Knight headed to the stairs to her right, up to a long hallway, with doors lining them, to another staircase, up to a third floor. Double checking her key number, the woman twisted it into a lock and entered..

â??Ahâ?¦thank youâ?¦â? he replied. Yesâ?¦the name was beautifulâ?¦ and he treasured it so.

The taller male was slightly taken aback when the blond rest his arm around his shoulders sticking close to him. He breathed slowly, trying to calm himself as he began to walk forward with Brand, seeing as they obviously needed to get going before the gates shut. Tsuâ??Ro looked down at Valen as he approached Brand while they walked. He could feel the maleâ??s uneasiness about his being so enigmatic about his identity. However, he didnâ??t really care. He didnâ??t wish to see his reaction to his identity. So many things had changed since he had been away from them all, how was he to know if Valen would be so accepting of him like he was before? â??Master if you donâ??t show him your face you might lose your chanceâ?¦â? Tsuâ??Ro sighted mentally as he listened to the knight talk. â??Yes, I knowâ?¦but Iâ?¦Iâ??ll think about itâ?¦Firuâ?¦â? he nodded a little to show that he was listening. â??Iâ??ll keep that in mindâ?¦â? he said to the knight.

Tsuâ??Roâ??s attention then flicked back to Brand when he felt the prickling feeling seeping through his cloak, his dark eyes lay rest on Brandâ??s hand. He then looked to where the knight was looking and spotted the elf and a dark figure talking to her. His eyes then followed Valen as he speedily walked to the scene. Tsuâ??Ro, instinctively rest his hand upon the blondâ??s looking down at him again. â??There is no need to get so worked upâ??â?? the demon paused suddenly as he felt a dark presence other than Xionâ??s around the area. There was a shift in natureâ??s atmosphereâ?¦the voices of the animals carried on a gentle breeze, their fear of something unsettling his nervesâ?¦ What was approaching the city that unsettled nature like so? â??they will be fine. At the moment however, we should probably get through the gatesâ?¦â? he said with a quiet chuckle, a reassuring smile as if heâ??d been comforting the other for years.

â??Comeâ?¦â? he said as he ushered the male along through the gates following after Valen. The gates closed, elven magic sealing them. As he walked with brand over to Valen, and the elven woman, his eyes followed the fire knight as she wandered off deeper into the city. Tsuâ??Ro took his hand from Brandâ??s, stepping away, the blondâ??s arm falling from his shoulders. He then stepped back eyeing Xion. Firuâ??en began to snarl softly, bearing his fangs, uneasy about the manâ??s presence. [color]â??Calm down Firuâ?¦â?[/color] Tsuâ??Ro said as he stepped away from the group a bit more to calm his tiger. â??Sorry masterâ?¦.I donâ??t like himâ?¦ Not only that there is another presence like his but so much worseâ?¦you feel the change in this atmosphere do you not?â? Firu questioned. â??Yesâ?¦I knowâ?¦but please calm yourselfâ?¦ We will investigate laterâ?¦â? Firuâ??en calmed down, a few seconds later, the cloaked demon stood beside his tiger look still petting him as he looked at the others.

Xion had long noticed Valen's approach and his belligerence and did something that would at least put him in a safe position, when Arioch turned to meet him, he moved with her so that her back was between himself and Valen. If they were truly heroes like she was claiming they were; he wouldn't do anything as long as his comrade was in the way of his weapon and Xion just had to keep it like that. "I understand pride Arioch, Never mistake that. We're all born with it, just my sense of it is different from yours." He pointed out to her and kept his hands in his pockets and stood casually and peered over her shoulder to address Valen. "Oh blondie, I wanted to tell you: your buddy Gandrian is skulking around here too somewhere. He's been saying some rather uncouth things bout you and the other members of your group." He said with a perfectly straight face.

But when she spoke like she believed he couldn't do right by his own girls he darkened a bit and his eyes turned into slits for a moment as a mild odor of pumice began to surround him. But he had to force it back down and met her on casual grounds with a mild grin. "You say they're heroes, I haven't heard or seen them do anything particularly heroic, that tall one behind you seems to be rather weepy over the loss of his queen." he said, starting to chuckle internally and shook his head. He fell into the idiom of formality to address Valen again.

"Pray thee, sir knight. It does not due to dwell on what has already transpired. Mourn not your queen, for thou shalt dishonor her in recourse in thy sorrow. Iinstead, seek thee to make her legacy not fade into obscurity." he grinned and turned to Arioch. "Personally I'd rather have you my dear as my friend than my enemy. For the sake of the girls you know, it pains them so to see us always fighting." he said and reached out and brushed her hair out of her face easily and gave her a wolfish grin. "But right now. I think I need to have a drink if you'll excuse me." he said, stepping back and giving her a curt bow before turning a corner and walking away.

Once out of sight, he would return to his hunt for the feeling of the shard's power, he wanted to find it before Annie or the others did. Maybe they'd give him a bit more respect if he could get to it before they did. or maybe not: those people were all stupid jackasses it seemed. He knew he could irritate Arioch and the others but as long as he didn't take offensive or violent steps toward them they didn't have reason to attack him. It was good to be bad sometimes... And he wanted to see them whup Gandrian for once.

• The mere thought of disguising herself as a High Elf so that she could openly walk around Cam was, in a word, ridiculous. So much so that the Drow openly scoffed at the idea of doing so. "No offense Lord Malak, but I'd die a thousand deaths before I dared disguise myself as one of them," Nekar said, the tone of her voice low and even. She was able to retain her calm on the surface, however, her cool was slowly slipping away from her. She had been, and would continue to be, polite to Malak. However, traces of her usual icy demeanor could be seen. Though it was well reflected in the way that her face seemed to freeze with a cold expression, it could primarily be seen her eyes. They lacked any trace of emotion what-so-ever.

"Disguise yourself if you must, but I shall linger in the shadows. It is for the best that I am as far away from any of them as I could possibly be. I would hate it if we failed because I was unable to control myself," she added. Saying that helped her re-establish, in her mind, what their objective here was. Slaughter, though fun, was not why they were here. They were here because they needed to find the shard to return to the King of Darkness.

Before stepping into the city, the assassin took a moment to calm herself. Once she was able to center her mind, her killing intent disappeared. Then, her presence slowly but surely faded as well. One by one, it all fell away until it was only possible for Malak to see and hear her. That was only because she was allowing him to do so. "I won't be directly beside you in the city m'lord, but I shall be nearby. If, by some chance, they are able to pick up on your presence, know that my blade will not be so far that it cannot protect you." The whole point of her being here with Malak was to keep harm from befalling him. Though entering Cam was a special situation, she would continue to protect his life.

Malak had reason to feel at ease knowing this. Before becoming a Colonel in the Dark Army, Nekar served as a member of the Blackguard -one of the King's personal guards. She specialized in shadowing the King without being noticed, striking any enemy down from the shadow that dared even try to harm the King, and seemingly fading from existence at the drop of a pin. She was good, very good, at what she did. That was why she was in the position she was in now. The only reason she was not still a member of the Blackguard was because the King promoted her from their ranks.

What little of the Drow that could be sensed faded away as she stepped through the hole that Malak created in the wall around the city. Sight, sound, smell, her killing intent, her aura, even the cool that lingered in the air around her body faded away. But as she said, she would remain close enough to Malak to protect him should anything happen.[/list:u][/list:u]

• Fairly often. When he's hammered. Won't remember agreement.

Ranis sighed hearing those words. Naolin was one of 'those' kinds of drunks. The ones who liked to hit on anything that had a pulse. On the off-chance she was ever able to catch him sober, she would have to remember to set some ground rules so that there would be no misunderstandings between the two of them in the future. For now, she would have to continue to remind herself that she should forgive him for what he was doing, no matter how much it annoyed her. The Dragon Queen decided to focus her attention on the sell sword, Renate. She was polite, and she seemed to have her head on straight. More so than Naolin did at any rate.

"What I offer isn't just a sword, but another pair of ears. Surely, looking for this group all by yourself can not be easy. With another person searching, your chances of finding what you seek double, do they not," Ranis asked. "Do not lose hope, I'm sure the day will come when you are able to find her, and you will be able to find answers to all of your questions then." There was no way that Ranis could guarantee any of the things she had just mentioned, but she was optimistic that - perhaps for this person - it would be possible for her to have a happy ending. In this mess of a world, there had to be at least one person who would be able to find happiness.

Seeing the way that her new friend perked up at the thought of having another to travel with made a smile form on the humanoid dragon's face. She preferred to see people happy and smiling. Genuinely. To her, that was when people always looked their best. "Yes, the Northerlands. It is. . .rather cold there. Much more so than most beings seem to be able to stand. Being in such a place helps my people retain their neutrality. Other leaders, spies, assassins. . .they wouldn't last very long there, at least, not without certain assistance. They would be hard pressed to gain it," she said. To gain the trust of a dragon was extremely difficult. To gain the trust of a dragon to the point that they allowed on entrance into their domain? Near impossible. There were very few who gained such an honor - all people she could name off the top of her head.

Upon feeling Naolin's hand on her chest, she quickly took hold of his wrist and moved it away. If he was going to be this bothersome, she would have to give him an incentive to stop. Ranis neither looked at him nor did she pay what he said any attention. "Would you mind if I asked about yourself? From where do you hail?"[/list:u][/list:u]

This was definitely not part of the planâ?¦ but then again, when was it ever? Brand continued to just stare at the second newcomer, as he followed Jiuâ??ne pass the gates. His mind wasnâ??t completely calm, as he suspected something dangerous from the Captain, but there was something else that made his heart beat an extra beat. It wasnâ??t the thrill of something sweet and lovely, but rather, of a powered charge that made his adrenaline spike randomly like thunder in the sky.

Valen was being as protective and strung as ever and whether or not that was a change in his behavior wasnâ??t something Brand noted. He had always known the eldest knight to be an older brother of sort, or perhaps closer to an uncle he didnâ??t have. But the words that he seemed to throw at Jiuâ??ne were almost as deadly as his spearâ??s point towards Xion at the moment. â??You can show us later, when heâ??s not around.â? the blonde offered, as if the newcomer was afraid of showing his face towards the dragon in human form. Truthfully, he had to wonder who this person was as well, because the feeling of being around Jiuâ??ne was familiar. He couldnâ??t pinpoint it though, even though he remembered plenty from the â??older daysâ??. Peace never lasted long, but Brand considered himself lucky to have been born in peaceful times.

When he was able to focus again, as he had allowed his mind to wander, he saw that the dragon had brushed Ariochâ??s face and left without another word. Pressing his lips together to prevent him from shouting out at the redhead that he should keep his paws to himself, he briskly walked up to the Elf and pulled out a small cloth he had that worked as a handkerchief. â??Well, that was certainly new. Didnâ??t scare you, did it, Ari?â? Brand joked, knowing that she was probably irritated rather than scared. Pausing before her, he reached out with the handkerchief and gently brushed it against her cheek where Xionâ??s hand had touchedâ??as if the dragonâ??s flesh was dirty compared to the Elfâ??s.

â??Letâ??s not pursueâ?¦ we should catch up with our fiery one. Lynnira has left us for shelter it appears.â? he softly chuckled, eyes seemingly sparkling towards Arioch as he addressed Valen. He just hoped that the wind knight didnâ??t scold their female counterpart, as she had broke formation and left without counsel. Whether or not she could handle herself wasnâ??t the question. Lynnira was strong and temperamental. But if they were to get attacked, they would be more vulnerable when separated.

Teamwork was apparently another â??thing of the pastâ??, and he had to bite down hard on his tongue to prevent himself from becoming emotional about it. He wouldnâ??t doubt them or their cause though, because he had fate in their group uniting to be stronger than the scrambled group of the Dark Army.

Elvin ears twitched as he continued to watch the group before him, entering and passing the gates. Gandrian didnâ??t fear that he had to sneak in, as he knew that he was of pure enough blood that heâ??d be able to waltz right in. However, it was amusing to watch them interact, and not surprisingly, he watched as Lynnira swiftly head for what appeared to be their goaled direction. Xion didnâ??t seem to care, as he was fixated on the Elf that was in their group, which made the silver-blue tilt his head in curiosity.

From what he could hear, she was a healer as well. So sheâ??s my replacement.... he concluded. The General wasnâ??t spiteful or bitter about it, but it was almost akin to a morbid fascination. Was she as strong as him? Perhaps, but then again, perhaps not. Strength was not measured by their physical abilities, though that did have a small degree of importance, but upon their elements and their experiences. Moral judgment was a large factor, and he had more blood of the innocents on a strand of his hair than she had in her body. Briefly, he wondered if she would turn into a killer like he had, because as he observed them, he noted that the females of the group seemed to be moreâ?¦ depressing. They were spiteful and angered easily, and while darkness might have been taught into the heart of men, it seemed like Lynnira and the Elfâ??Arioch was it?â??had darkness born into them.

If he was trusted to be near them like Xion had been, he would have used his chance to lure the women to the darker side somehow. Not a large gap of a chance to do so, but they would be much easier than someone like Valen or Brand. In fact, he would have loved to swoop down there when the Captain had shown up to join the fun, but the small fact that Brand was there left him no choice but to stay stationed. Gandrian didnâ??t worry about taking on Lynnira, as he remembered being heel to heel with her, while being toe to toe with the wind wielder. But while he had been on par with the older knights, the youngest had always been able to knock him unconscious with a burst of thunder.

Vali, Valiâ?¦what do I have to do to get you alone? the former knight pondered, twirling a piece of his hair like some child. His mind wandered and he physically winced as he felt more of the nature around them killed. Absently, he wondered if the other members of his â??teamâ?? had done something to their surroundings. That puppy was probably eating something right off the bone, so he assumed it was either Nekar or Malak. Ah, if only the King gave him permission to mentor the heads of the Dark Armyâ?¦ heâ??d like to fuck her over in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom