Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sengoku Diceless

Zeth

Supernova
I would like to run a game of Sengoku Diceless. It uses the Active Exploits system where you wager effort points instead of roll dice. The setting is like those chanabara films of old Japan. I am hoping for lots of action and some erotic fun on the side. Anyone interested?

Here is a link to the book I plan to use.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/12382/Sengoku-Diceless?term=sengoku&it=1

Here is a free look at the Active Exploits System.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/2589/Active-Exploits-Diceless-Roleplaying?src=hottest_filtered&it=1

I would be interested in playing a shrine maiden type character in a setting like this.

lilithsboy said:
Is it similar to Murpg's system?

Yes, Active Exploits is similar to MURPG. You spend effort from one of your abilities to over come a task and the right skill gives you a free bonus to the effort. Effort points recover over time.

The thing is to play Sengoku Diceless, you need the book. They have a lot of detailed setting rules and material I simply type up here. I don't know if everyone can plop down $8 on a game. Active Exploits book is just rules that can be used for any setting. You guys just want to use the free book and have it play like a samurai film or Use the Sengoku book?

With the holidays my discretionary spending is out for the month so If yall want to use the Sengoku book it will be without me.

Yeah, I'm currently out of budget for RPGs as well, so I probably won't be able to get the Sengoku book.

Right, Everyone just use the Active Exploits book. We will be using the Heroic character level rules. Please just say your concept here or send me the idea. Tenshi said he wants to play a wandering Ronin type woman.

Just the first idea to jump into my head. You pointed out the idea that she might fit this period better as a swordmistress currently excused from her duties to clan and daimyo to travel and perfect her swordsmasnhip.

Other than wuxia level athleticisim, is there anything supernatural in this world? Shrine maidens with magic? Ogres to slay?

Well, as I said in my first post, I'd love to play a shrine maiden, either with divine magic (if it exists in the setting) or zen archery.

You go down to the advance exploits rules. In addition to the Abilities all characters have fitness, awareness, creativity, reasoning, and influence, you may take a special sixth ability. channeling is or wizards, faith is for priestesses, and chi is for kung fu powers. Each character may only choose one sixth ability or simply ignore it all together. Each ability has it own skills and powers.

I posted a link where the publisher legally gives you the active exploits book for free. Go read that, I am not going to spoon feed everyone on how exactly to make a character.

Actually, I have read through the rulebook and saw there are a few ways how magic and such can be expressed, and many optional rules that can be selected; I was simply asking for a ruling from the GM so I don't presume too much before actually putting time into making a character. If I wanted to be spoon-fed, I wouldn't have asked for a ruling in the first place. I do hope that's not too much of a bother.

Well your questions are good. I just hate retyping char gen rules. That was not directed at you but more of a general statement to anyone else who shows up. Any time I run something there is always that one guy who doesn't read the book and asks me to tell him everything.

This is my first time running Active Exploits, because most people do not want to try using Diceless systems. Sengoku has a dice version that was converted to AE, as such the setting has a crap load of rules and things we won't b using here. Ill game the game Dashio instead. Yes, magc nd monsters exist, but these things are kind of rare. Onmyoji are diviners, sorcerers, conjurers, and masters of the occult. Because their powers are not tied to neither Bhuddism or Shnto they are feared.

Chi powers are accepted by everyone because in theory if anyone trained enough anyone can have them. Fait requires that you follow strict set of codes that vary with each religion and you get to invoke power as a trade off.

You know what? Fuck magic. Everyone can only take Chi powers. They let you do everything magic does. It will save us all a head ache

Ah, that's cool; I get where you're coming from, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being bothersome.

And using chi for everything actually makes a lot of sense, and it does simplify things a lot. I like it.

Unless it is in the other books Chi powers do nothing for my concept at all. (elementalist mage) If you go to pure chi then I will have to figure something else out.

Might join as well, I'm thinking around the idea of a female either samurai/ronin or some sort of chinese swordsmanship. Will have a look at the Active Exploits handbook

lilithsboy said:
Unless it is in the other books Chi powers do nothing for my concept at all. (elementalist mage) If you go to pure chi then I will have to figure something else out.

That's true. In that case, perhaps we should still go with the 5 basic Abilities (Fitness, Awareness, Creativity, Reasoning and Influence) plus 1 optional (Chi, Faith or Arcane)?

The free book has no actual spells or what not. Since everyone wants magic we will be playing with the Sengoku book.

So I was reading over the Sengoku book, and the Shinto doctrines in the book dictates that a shrine maiden shouldn't go anywhere near sex and violence, which might be a problem given that the two are the focus of the game. But Shinto is actually a complex religion with a lot of branches, and both of the major influences of Shinto have sexual practices (bedroom art for Taoism and Karmamudra for Buddhism) and are often associated with martial arts. Some of the Shinto shrines today even kept blatant phallus worships left over from their roots in shamanism. So I was wondering if I can create a shrine maiden with a different set of doctrines and spells than the ones given in the book? If not, I'll change my concept to a "war miko" who holds position in the shrine but possess no magic and instead focus on archery.

Back
Top Bottom