Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tavern [Fantasy ORP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
<<I am glad you are well, miss>> andwered D'joo spprying a wide smile <<While the potion is quite effective, i suggest to not drink fermented, distilled or brewed beverages with empty stomach>>

D'joo shooked hands with the choco-pralined girl, despite having small hands, they seemed so large against hers. <<A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am D'joo>>

"Right! Well, I ought to be cleaned first, then I shall dine."

Oul got up from the chair and turned until she found a water basin. She washed her face and tied her hair back, smoothed her rumpled clothes, and walked back up to the mare.

"Now. I think that, seeing as you helped me out, you ought to be repaid. They have excellent seasoned potatoes here. Would you care to join?"

<<No need to repay, Oul>> said D'joo << You needed an help, and...>> a bell rang in her head << p-potatoes you said?>> her stomach demanding more than a soup <<Well... maybe we'll have company for the dinner...>>

"Yes! Potatoes. Are you an herbivore, carnivore, or omnivore? I chiefly eat vegetables. Mater always said any growing person must do so! I do enjoy some of the local game, though. Nothing with hooves, I assure you!"

Oul's hands moved animatedly as she spoke, often gesturing this and that way at nothing at all. She heaved herself into a chair and smiled at the serving girl.

"Seasoned potatoes and grouse for me, as well as a jug of fizzy Berryade."

Oul looked at her companion.

"And you?"

The outlawed Dar Angel had cleaned up - sort of. His clothes were still covered in blood. Nothing that could be done about that now. He sat back down just as the serving girl reluctantly brought him his ale. He remembered not to smile at the girl this time, even though she was trying her best to smile at him.

About that time a woman raised her glass up in cheers. Cheers for what? There was certainly nothing cheerful about what he'd done. But another woman soon followed in the salute and so as not to be rude so did he. "Cheers." He said it with a lot less enthusiasm than the women had. But he'd said it.

He took a sip of his ale just as his food came. He jerked his tail out of the way and curled it around the chair legs once more to keep it out of the way so it wasn't stepped on. He bowed his head and said a silent prayer over his meal. As he was about to take a bite of his freshly cooked meal, a woman stumbled in the door. The light from the outside made him squint, even with his dark sunglasses on. The woman was clearly drunk. He ate and watched the scene unfold between the drunkard and the helpful equine lady.

As the bumbling drunk drank something the equine gave her she was no longer drunk in a matter of moments. So the horse female was some sort of alchemist? He raised his eyebrows. Interesting. Not that he intended on getting drunk and using her services any time soon. Him sober was bad enough.

<<Herbivore. I guess.>> said D'joo scratching her temples. <<But they had a new word for that, but i do not recall... vege... vegematarian... or something...well herbivore is just fine>> finished with a giggle.

Oul sat onto her chair, ordering her meal, she ordered just potatoes. Then quickly strode back to her seat and moved her soup and ale mug near Oul with a thud. <<I had already started>>

D'joo sat near the short, greasy girl, her brown tail touching the floor behind her. <<So... uhm... have you traveled much before... stumbling here?>> Asked her with a circumstance sip of the mug.

"Ah! Very well."

Oul kicked her legs back and forth while she waited for her food.

"I am not usually in this area, but Mater was remarried a week ago. Tradition dictates that the festivities continue until the bride gives up or passes out. Mater has a strong constitution. That is why I had to escape the party, otherwise I might still be there, inebriated past reason!"

Oul smiled as the waitress brought steaming heaps of seasoned potatoes, baked grouse, and a jug and cup for the fizzy Berryade.

"Ah! Perfect!"

Oul dug in, shoving great forkfuls of potatoes in her mouth, taking a break only to drink the refreshing Berryade.

"Now! What brings you to this area? Do you make those potions?"

8D'joo sat in front of her friend, playing with the spoon in the await that Oul will receive her food. She noticed that she moved her legs just like childrens do, causing the mare to giggle at the cuteness of that little one.

The caramel-furred mare nodded while listening to the story of the choco-pralined girl. <<Wow... that surely is...>> she coughed <<uhm... an interesting tradition. Ah, felicitatoons for your Mater.>>

The waitress displayed Oul dishes in front of them,Oul assailting the dishes. D'joo moved her slender hand to grab a potato, she sniffed at the fragrances of the spices with a sigh.

<<Well, i am what can be defined as alchemist>> Answered her <<A travelling merchant-alchemist>> she finshed with a nibble to the potato in her fingers, she neighed <<....hhhhhooooot>>, letting go of the potato she grabbed her mug and chugged several sips.

<<I travel... or wander... depending on the viewpoint... across the world in order to get ingredients and deliver potions.>> With a flourish she muched the potato <<it is a nice activity. You can see the world... and can be pretty... remunerative>>

"Ah! Do be careful, the potatoes are quite warm."

Oul took another sip of her Berryade and looked around.

"Quite the variety, isn't it! How interesting. I used to live in a mainly Gnome community, so to me the variety here is quite wonderful!"

After another sip, Oul began again.

"I'm a merchant by trade...well, now anyway. I bought a caravan from an old woman. It was so shiny and bright, how could I resist?

Oul began gesturing again in what looked like a description of dimensions.

" Strangest thing though! It always seems larger on the inside than the outside! I've measured it and it is always a few inches bigger on the inside, although I attribute that to my measuring tape."

At that, Oul pulled out a long strip of blank cloth.

"The man I bought it from claimed it would never measure wrong. See, you do it like this."

Oul held the measuring tape taut across a length. Numbers appeared on the cloth.

"See, according to the cloth this plate is 12 inches across."

The tape promptly went blank again.

"And don't get me started on the old ox pulling the wagon."

The mare was still thinking about her roasted, large, long tongue when the gnomic girl machine-gunned words after words after sips of berryale. D'joo just understood that Oul owns a caravan and just kept nodding to her words trying to grab hold of her speech.

<<Whoa! that's an amazing artifact>> said D'joo with awe <<uhm... what with the ox?>> inquired her arching her brow <<does the ox shrinks or gets narrow while rinse after the rain?>> she giggled and sipped a bit of ale from her mug almost satisfied by her joke.

The Dark Angel finished his meal and pushed his plate aside. As the barmaid reluctantly came to remove his dish, he paid and tipped her as she refilled his mug of ale, the whole time spent with her avoiding looking at him even though she felt him watching her. But a quick glance up only revealed her own reflection staring back at her in his dark lenses.

She quickly got back behind the bar, trying not to squeal as she disgustingly deposited the coins onto the counter. Her and a few others stared at the coins he had removed from his pocket and handed her. A few were bloody like his clothes and they hesitated to think where or from whom he might have gotten them from.

He sat in silence, drinking his second mug of ale. Then, his nose caught a familiar scent and his ear twitched, turning to the sound of footsteps and the door opening. But he didn't move. He knew who it was. He just wished he didn't.

A female stood in the doorway. She also stood 5'5". She had a cat-like tail and face, but zebra-length ears. Her whole body was covered in orange fur and she was striped like a tiger, only with bright yellow stripes instead. She had a little pink nose and pretty lavender eyes that sparkled with life. She wasn't skinny, but she wasn't overtly fat. She was just curvy with about a c-cup bust. Her long hair was only slightly darker than the orange on her fur with yellow streaks. It almost looked like fire. Her tail flicked nervously and she rung her hands together, the tips of her claws coming out and then retracting as though she were kneading. She wore a French maid's uniform. She wasn't fashion model gorgeous, but she was pretty and had the 'girl next door' type of look.

Was she even in the right place? Of course she was. She was sure of it. She'd heard this was a safe place, and she always made sure to keep tabs on him wherever he went, even though she was sure he would prefer her not to. She gasped as she walked in, seeing the huge bloodied scythe leaning by the door, guarded with the rest of the weapons checked in. She turned her head, not wanting to look at it as she tried to keep her lunch down. Now she was sure he was here.

She made her way over to his table and sat across from him, trying not to think of the fact he was wearing bloody clothes. She tried to convince herself that he hunted animals, or was a butcher in a meat factory, or anything really than to admit to herself what he really was and just where all that blood had came from. But it was really no use. She knew what he was. The first night she learned what had become of him, the screams of the innocent in her head kept her from sleep. But that was then.

She smiled at him, showing a mouthful of the same pointed teeth he had, only not quite as sharp. "Hey." He looked at her, seeming to stare through her. Her own reflection stared at her in his sunglasses. He spoke not a word. That was ok. She knew she was probably the last person he wanted to see. But even despite what he was she still loved him. After all, he was her brother - her twin brother.

Oul looked over at the feminine cat thing that just walked in. She watched her walk over to another interesting species.

"Now what do you make of that?"

Oul was wide eyed with curiosity about them. She continued looking over the rim of her cup while she drank the Berryade.

D'joo was still giggling about her joke when she saw Oul's eyes glued to the door, D'joo tutned her gaze toward the door, spotting another ...mass... of species on a single body. Her big brown eyes followed the Maid-cosplayer catgirl approaching the red-booted tail-cutted kangaroo. "Ah well... now all is clear..." thought the mare while returning to her soup and share of roasted roasting potatoes.

<<Say, Oul>> whispered to the gnome girl <<...but those two... are...famous or what? i mean... such a curious appearance is quite a thing...>>

OOC: sorry, we've had ba weather the last couple of days.

"Yes. Hmm."

Oul squinted at the two.

"I don't recognize them from anywhere, but then again, that doesn't really mean anything. I am very curious."

Oul flopped out of her chair and began flouncing towards the two, determined to find out more about the interesting people before her.

<<I see>> said D'joo with her back toward the center of the tavern, continuing to slurp her soup with nonchslance <<Even if i am curious myself, I wouldn't gaze into them too much... at least the male seems quite dangerous>>

She haven't finished her words that the petite girl was walking toward them like a childern do with strange people, D'joo turned to see the scene, biting her big lips in the await of something to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom