Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Speed of sound and lightning (Canta and myself)

Mizzet

Pulsar
It was a boring, uneventful sort of day. The sun was high up above, shining down brilliantly, shimmering off the waxy surface of the tall grass and waters of the cool lake. A few bird pokemoncould be heard chirpig and chittering rather happily in the trees, but there figures where unseen, only sounds where heard. The clouds over heard the tall leavy canopy seemed to move in an almost lazy sort of fashion as well. It seemed nature itself decided to relax and come to an almost complete stand still, though one might expect an explosion of sorts to suddenly tear thorugh the air and breaking the silent. Nothing of the sort happened unfortunetaly.

The only movement came from a trainer and his partner, a jolteon male. The two stood almost at the same high, the jolteon shorter, unless he extended his ears to stand up straight, making him a good few inches taller. Both shared the same glear green stare, though the trainer was dressed, while the jolteon seemed to enjoy letting his rather menacing looking spikes keep him covered and looking less exposed, though of course he was in all the sense exposed to the elements.

The boy sighed, his pokemon partner follwed suite. "Not a single trainer, pokemon, or battle all day long," the blond boy complained as he slumped, dropping his pack down on the ground to kneel over the small crystal clear water to ash his face. "I know," his jolteon, who like his trainer seemed to share the same lust for excitment and action. "Nothing at all.....today is boring and dull," he said, a few arcs of electricity surging through his spiked mane, that did well to cover his features a bit. "I know," the boy said, seeming almost a bit cautious in speaking with his disgruntled pokemon "We still have a few days till we get to the next town, so we have plenty of time to run into...something to do before a gym battle," he said, which seemed to calm the jolteon down just a bit, but only a bit.

Oddly enough, the same could be said about the day of another sort of plane, another universe of existence, a parallel one. A somewhat boring, uneventful day seemed to be in store for a young hedgehog girl as well, as she sat underneath a tree, close to Emerald Hill. Lately, things around here had been quiet, peaceful, calm...which to some was nice, but the girl actually found it all rather boring. Generally, when one grows up in a world which is almost constantly under attack by a disgruntled fat man and his creations, you tend to get used to always being active. Being the sort to always enjoy being out and about, Canta had been spending her day just relaxing, trying to get used to it...and failing terribly. "Dammit...I know I shouldn't be hoping for an attack or something, but why can't something happen today?" As she spoke to herself, eyes closed, her ear twitched lightly, sliding open an emerald orb, glancing past her red streaked pink hair, as her scarf began to blow in an upcoming wind. "What...?" Suddenly, the wind started picking up, forming what looked like a tornado or vortex about twenty feet from her, starting to force anything not nailed down to come closer, Canta included. Springing to her feet, she started to drag her booted feet into the grass, trying to pick up speed in the other direction. While not every hedgehog was gifted with the speed of light or sound, she was no slouch...but this close, without any warning to run, she didn't have much of a chance. Letting out a yell, she was lifted off her feet and tossed about, before blacking out.

A flash or two of thunder could be heard above the trainer and his Jolteon, as the wind tunnel seemed to form high above the tree, spitting something out of it, as it came falling through the tree, then splashing down near the bank of the little lake. It was Canta, the hedgehog, passed out, hair a mess, shirt pushed up near her chest, and skirt tussled around, with her scarf and arm-sock glove looking close to falling off.

It was the jolteon who seemed to see it coming before it even happened. His ears perked up and he stared at the calm blue sky. "Whats wr.." but before his trainer could say another word, the sky seemed to explode with activity. Storm clouds seemed to leak out of some unseen opening in the sky. A few in this world would see this and assume it was another catastrophy about to be caused by team rocket, galactic, magma, or any of those other crack job organizations hell bent on world domination. The two however had not been graced with such an experience and both looked up in awe as lightning began to streak through the sky. "Sparks....what is that?" his trainer asked, pointing up as the clouds began to swirl around violently, a hole opening like some sort of portal to the heavens. "It's either a flock of really pissed off looking whirlwind attack....or some sort of unnatural disaster," the jolteon spoke, his mane once again charging with eletricity as the sky crackled with energy.

Both stood rooted to the ground, despite the danger. Both watched as the sky seemed to eject something out of the clouds, as the wind tunnel stretched down dangerously close, right in front of them in fact. As suddenly as the storm had come, it seemed to grow calm, though the sky still seemed dark and stormy. Sparks was the first to look and see what had happened as he heard the splash in the water. He was both awe struck, and rather confused as he looked at the pink creature. "What is it?" his trainer asked. The jolteon sniffed her gently "No idea...never smelt something like it," he said. Once his trainers pokedex confirmed it was an unknown species, they both wondered if it was some sort of new pokemon. "Should we try catching it...her?" the question was proposed. Sparks however shook his head "Lets wait for it to wake up, maybe it's....well I dunno I just want to see what happens," the Jolteon said.

The pink creature stayed still for a few moments more, before finally stirring awake a little, coughing up a little bit of water. Groaning, she slowly sat up, rubbing her temple, as she adjusted her outfit, standing, keeping her eyes shut. Her back to the duo, she opened her green eyes, blinking them a few times as she looked about in front of her, looking very confused. "Wait...what happened...? Where am I? Last I remember, I was on Emerald Hill, the wind picked up...now I'm here, wherever this is." Mumbling how she had gotten wet, she turned around, only to find the human and the...pointy thing beside him. Jumping back with a sound, she then growled, shaking her gloved fist. "What the hell? How dare you sneak up on me...whoever you are!" Taking a defensive stance, she got ready to dash if she needed to, taking another step away from them, out of the water.

"Where...where is this? Who are you...and what are you?" She said, motioning towards Sparks, having never seen anything like him before, though, he did seem to remind her of someone, in some way. She sneezed lightly, shivering just a bit from having hit water to then stand up and get hit by wind, but she didn't let it bother her right now, she had other things to worry about.

The two where still as she came to consciousness. They watched as she stood up, fixed her cloths, which Sparks had thought might have been apart of her like some pokemon, and talk to herself. His ears twitched, her voice was pleasent, and other then the physical features, it now proved she was a girl. They stayed silent for some time while she took everything in. Sparks ears twitched at the mention of an emerald hill, and thought of jewels and shiny things for a split second. When she finally turned to look at them he stiffened a bit, half expecting, and hoping, she'd make some sort of attack. But that never came either.

"Sneak up on you?" His trainer asked "We've been here for a few minutes now," he said rather unceremoniously. "And his name is Sparks," he said pointing at the jolteon. "I'm a jolteon, and thats my partner," he said. "As for where you are...we are in the continent called Sinnoh, and a few miles from Oreburgh city," Sparks spoke, his voice not cruel or any sort of unpleasent. His eyes stared at her. Her cloths clung to her so tightly from the water, he could make out her figure even more so, if he hadn;t already seen some when her cloths where nearly falling off. "Whats your name?" he asked her since he realied his name had been given, but he didn;t get hers in return just yet.

Canta growled a little towards the trainer, as she found his answer to be in a tone she didn't care for, nor did she usually like humans terribly much either. The Jolteon on the other hand...he seemed nice enough. Or, at least, was polite, unlike the man. Though, as they answered her questions, she just looked even more confused then before. "Sinnoh? Oreburgh? Jolteon? What...what is any of that? Dammit, I'm completely lost!" She grumbled to herself as she held her head, sighing, peaking a green eye at the male Jolteon. She had to admit, he wasn't that bad looking, but she kept her mind on the business at hand. "...Canta, my name is Canta. I'm a hedgehog." She added in at the end, looking about before she turned her back to the two once more, before turning back to them. "...You said a few miles from a town? Fine...I'll look there to see what happened." Just before she left, she moved past the two, then glanced to Sparks and smiled politely. "Thank you, Sparky."

As she started to run, she found herself twenty feet away in the blink of an eye, before tripping and falling onto her ass. "Owwwww! What the hell...? I've never been that fast before...what the hell kind of place is this?" She whined and rubbed her bum lightly, which wasn't being covered the best by her skirt currently, giving a rather nice view of her pale pink undies from under the fishnet. "Great...now what?"

"I guess your not from around here," Sparks replied. Though that was painfully obvous, though she seemed dressed like most of the human girls he'd seen before. She looked like a pokemon of sorts. When she gave him her name and what she was he was just as confused as her. "What is a hedgehog?" he thought to himself, he guessed she must be something like a zigzagoon, or even a sort of sandslash or jolteon, though she was pink, and much to slim to be a sandslash. He guessed wherever she came from she was a common sort of thing. He wondered if a pokeball would still work on her, but rather then asking his trainer to throw one at her he decided maybe aother time she would allow him to test that theory.

He stared at her long and hard and she moved a bit, he noticed she was very attractive indeed. He however felt a surge of eletricity course along his ears when she called him "Sparky" it was a cutesy sort of thing he didn;t like, but at the same time when she said it it made him blush. "Um..wait you shouldn;t wonder off alone without a pokemon," he told her. He blinked only to notice she suddenly ran twenty feet in the blink of an eye "Agility?" he wondered. He decided to keep up a bit and used agility without his trainers command and zoomed to catch up, though as he came close he noticed she was getting up and he caught a look under her skirt, which only made him suddenly surge with eletricity again.

Canta sighed a bit, brushing herself off as she shook her head, then her ear twitched as she looked to where Sparks was, a second before he got there. She sighed lightly, wishing he would just leave her to her misery. "And to answer you from before, I can take care of myself just fine. I can fight for myself." Tapping her left foot on the ground, she looked down at her shoes, which held up with her speed quite well, figuring they were kinda made to do that, she just wasn't sure for what sort of speed. "So, what do you want, Sparky? Do you just follow girls in skirts for the hell of it?" She said, chuckling, being rather sarcastic at the moment, showing she had an attitude, and was rather sassy when covering for worry. Still, she wondered why this pointy thing, this Jolteon, even bothered to check on her, he didn't really know her and she wasn't anything like him.

"You know, you remind me of someone...must be the pointy-ness, the golden fur, the lack of pants...nah, couldn't be." She chuckled a bit more, padding over towards him, tracing a finger lightly under his chin, as she kept moving past him. "So, care to explain something? How did I get here? Since you and your human where watching me that whole time, apparently. What happened? Or are you just gonna leave this girl in the dark there, Sparky?" She had to admit, she was starting to like teasing with him by calling him that, it was rather catchy.

Sparks once more surged with embaressment as she seemed to think he was some sort of pervert, or a skirt chaser. "No...no...I mean I wouldn't mind followigng you around...I mean...I'm just concerned since your not from around here," he said realizing he said way to much. Only causing more archs of eletricity to jolt off his spiked man and even along his cheeks as he did his equivilence of blushing.

As she trailed a finger under his chin, he found himself getting lost in her rather seductive gaze. He didn;t even seem to care she once again called him "Sparky" in an attempt to tease him. His eyes looked back at her before his blinked and realized she had just asked him to explain everything to her. "Well...I don;t really understand why or how your here...but you...literally came out of the sky," he told her and gave her a detailed recap about how the sky had suddenly become dark and stormy, and how the clouds opened up only to have her splash into the lake before them.

"I mean...at first we thought maybe you where a pokemon....but well....I guess your a...h...hedgehog," he said remembering what she had called herself. "And I didn;t mean to say your helpless...it;s just that traveling alone can be dangerous, as well...some things lurk in the tall grass....pokemon who will attack you if your not careful."

"Out of the sky? Really? Huh...well, I guess I know what that wind tunnel did now. Where it came from hell if I know...but I'm sure it wasn't just randomly. Either way..." She smiled to him lightly, chuckling as she padded past him again, pacing back and forth, thinking. So, she was in another place, possibly another world, if they didn't know what a hedgehog was, but still had humans and other creatures...that seemed to be based on 'regular' animals. So, she could go off on her own, or stick around with this pointy cutie and his human, which, in a way, sounded like a better idea for now, having no idea about the area around her. Even she could fend for herself, best be near someone who knew their way around. So, turning back to face him, she moved right up to him, looking to his eyes, being just a little shorter then him and placed a finger on his nose. "Alright, Sparky, you win. I'll stick around with you and your human for a bit, but only until I learn out to get home. Then I'm juicing my way out of here."

Smiling, she started to walk back towards the little camp, playfully swaying her hips a little for him, as she looked back to him. "And for your information, I'm sure I've already seen and faced things worse then something 'lurking in tall grass'. Now, if only I can get used to this..." She tried to run again, only going a short burst, then back, without falling this time.

"Good...now to figure keep myself from tripping over my own when going further then that...oh, right." Looking back the the Jolteon, she tilted her head. "So, care to tell me more about this place as we head back?"

Sparks watched her pace baack and forth. He wondered what it was like where she came from, but that wasn;t the important matter. What was important was what she would do, she could probably outrun most things, anything she couldn;t outrun though would be trouble he guessed. Hisears perked up as she decided to stick around "Maybe your hear for a reason....hell today was boring before you suddenly showed up," he said. "If we figure a way to get you home, I'll gladly help you get back," he said to her with a smile.

He watched her walk ahead, seeing her hips sway made him once more feel strange, but he shook it off. "I don;t doubt you'd faced...obsticles before...but it's just your not used to things here," he told her. "Besides your company would be...well I wont lie, I'd really like it," he admited. "As for where we are, well we are in sinnoh now, in this world there are thee major continent, Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh," he told her. "Humans inhabit the world, but pokemon, what I am, we far much more numerous." he said. He explained how a trainer and pokemon worked together to acheive things, even telling her how relationships could be formed between them. He explained to her what a pokeball was, what battles where like, competitions, and how everyone in some way wanted to be the best of the best.

"How sweet of you." She said, chuckling lightly, keeping at his side for now, listening as he spoke to her, hearing about the world, how it was made up, the creatures and things within it...it all sounded interesting to her. Mostly due to it sounding completely different from her own world, which, more often then not, was facing some kind of threat, battle, or something along those lines. So, a place like this sounded...well, a lot more laid back, she thought. "Wow...really? That sounds different from my own world in a lot of ways, as I would have guessed. But still...this place seems to be massive, then, huh? And you all traveling by foot? At walking speeds?" She was curious, tilting her head and watching him, till something clicked for a moment.

"Would you like to see what I can do aside from just running, Sparky?" She grinned to pointed to a small tree nearby, as she started to pad toward it, before jumping up and curling up, using her momentum to start spinning, looking like a pink and red buzzsaw as she sliced through the trunk, landing on her feet on the other side, as it shifted, and fell lopsidedly. Standing up, she grinned, chuckling as she looked to Sparks and winked. "So? Not too shabby, huh?"

He nodded "Well we do travel from time to time by train and boat, but yeah ost of it is done by foot," he said to her. "It's not to bad though," he told her. He had explained about evultion as well, and that being a jolteon, he had once been an eevee and after coming in contact with a specific stone he had turned into the spikey yellow pokemon she saw now. At the mention of what else she could do he could only nod and watch as she cut through the tree in a rather sandslash kind of fashion. "Wonder if she isn;t a pokemon," he said to himself.

"Thts pretty impressive," he said to her. For some reason he felt like showing off a little all of a sudden. "But, can you do this," he asked her. He went down on his fours, it seemed strange, but he suddenly burst off into a sprint and as he ran eletricity built up and he collided into the tree ausing it to explode as he used a bolt tackle into it. He shook himself off and looked to see how she would react.

Back
Top Bottom