Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nightmare Academy: Living Quarters

Living Quarters.png

Living Quarters.jpg

Headers:
Code:
Image Optional 150w x 200h max
[b]Who:[/b] (FUll name of character, nickname optional)
[b]Species:[/b] (some creatures will be able to scense other species)
[b]When:[/b] (the time)
[b]Where:[/b] (locaton)
[b]Company:[/b] (who your character is with/talking to)
[hr]

spooky_halloween_decoration_ideas_for_fireplace_mantel_candelabra_candles_glow_fire_bw_1347063739.jpg

Who: Raphael Mechoulam
Species: Human, Necromancer
When: Dusk
Where: Nightmare Academy: Living Quarters
Company: Mother's spirit

Raph found his way with Mother's guidance to Professor Lovelace's quarters, leaving her bags outside the door. As a spirit she could act as a guide, sadly Raph dealt more with her running commentary of his life than much help that he had seen. At least here she proved her worth showing him where to go in the long halls of the Academy. It had the feel of age, like a museum in some ways, large, impressive as if it contained the wisdom of the ages. Yet there was a playfulness in the air. Some of that he thought was from watching the other students and the family play around outside, that familiarity that came with being kin that allowed them to play and tease without consequence. Raph wanted to be a part of that, the invitation to the Common Room later lay on him like an itch, he wanted to go and now but knew there were things to be done first.

It's here.

Raph stopped outside the door. Tentatively reaching a hand up, as if touching the door knob would shock him. Reaching up and turning that knob, entering the room, simple acts in themselves, would change his life forever. An excitement crept over him, if not for the cigarette he thought his mind would be reeling, his thoughts twisted in excitement and anticipation, as a subtle push came over him. Touching the cold metal of the knob he turned, hearing the click. The door shuddered as it was released, and slowly opened into the room. He stopped, shocked. A step inside, his hand slacked and his bag hit the floor with a thump. It was the room he had always wanted.

Lit by candelabras spaced around the room, the candles showed dripping wax, but the flames never seemed to burn them down. The large four posted bed, piled high with mattress and quilts, a large chest at the foot of the bed. That took his eye first, but it was the rest of the room that made him draw in his breath in excitement. The large mantled fireplace, with two chairs before it, beside the fireplace a small bookshelf already filled with leather bound volumes. As he ran a finger over the deeply embossed spines he could feel the letters under his skin. Books he had read before, and liked to reread for entertainment, and alchemical tomes the had heard of but never read, along with copies of ones he had at home. The center of the room was spare, which he liked, as it was the work table that had his full attention.

The large wooden table held mortars and pestles of different sizes, a scale with a set of small weights of various sizes. On top against the wall was a large cabinet of drawers, small and large that ran the length of the wide table, Raph thought he could lay across it with room to spare. More than enough space to mix his herbs and tobacco's that he used as a mechanism for his spells. Above the drawers were cabinets with rows of shiny bottles, all with stoppers. A quick glance at some showed they were filled with the most common of ingredients, like ones he had at home, the rest empty and waiting collection. The room was dim and dark, as he and the spirits liked, though it had an atmosphere to it that lifted the dank, made the room seem alive somehow, lived in.

Smiling as he leaned against the table, a gesture of his hand as he exhaled the smoke towards the fireplace that came to life, the fire roaring for a moment as the wood caught and burned softly. Relaxing a bit, the apprehension he had felt to come here melted away. Here people wanted to talk to him, they shared what he had. He was no longer the outsider, as a smile broke out Raph quickly put his small case on the table. Removing the one item in there he treasured, his grandfathers Grimoire. The entire knowledge of the man, his spells, and all that coursed through Raph's blood. He could read maybe a tenth of it, here he intended to understand the rest. Running a hand over it, opened a large drawer in the table and placed it in, a spell of protection over it as he closed the drawer.

Adjusting his suit, checking his cases in pockets, turned back to the door, "now to fit in."

11391517_843030819098645_8856828367849272005_n.jpg
11390246_843031675765226_6952623733373187803_n.jpg
11390111_843031872431873_7316843135499790486_n.jpg
10489773_843752609026466_5050896024408198669_n.jpg

Who: Dean James Pierce | JC Pierce | Jackson Pierce | Dax Draven
Species: Hellhound | HellWolf | HellWolf | Vampire/Sorceress
Company: Each Other, Jamie, Summer, Jinx, June, Jason, Raph

When Jinx spoke, James smiled softly as he opened the doors to the living quarters and led everyone inside. "Don't worry young lady, I intend to earn your trust during your time here. First though. I will have one of my children show you and June to your rooms. Once you're settled in, feel free to look around or head to the common area, that's what most of the students do first night. I have to go speak with the cooks and see how dinner is coming along...." , James began before looking to JC who automatically threw her head back and sighed. "Fine.... I'll show them to their rooms...." , the older twin responded without James having to say a word, her father said plenty with just the few seconds of eye contact between them.

JC looked to June and Jinx after speaking to her father. "Want me to take your bags?" , JC asked as she looked at Jinx. The pup had noticed that June didn't have any luggage and she didn't ask questions, JC although she acted immature was knowledgeable about many different types of creatures and entities and had encountered many so ghosts weren't something unfamiliar to her. "Good pup, let's stay on our best behavior tonight Jolene" , James stated before nodding at his daughter and making his way towards the kitchen. Once James was out of sight, JC stuck her middle fingers up towards the direction her father had just went. "Fuckin' ball sack.... Cranky old dildo.... acts like I'm soooo bad.... Ugh, come on chickas I wanna kick my brothers ass in Need for Speed at least twenty times before I decide to call it a night" , JC stated before pulling a pack of smokes from her pocket and lighting one up as she waited for the two to respond.

Both Jackson and Dax had immediately set up the game system once they got into the common room and lit up. Clouds of smoke surrounded the couch the two were sitting on and they both had looks of complete euphoria on their faces. "Hey Dax.... Check this shit out" , Jackson stated before setting his controller down on the table. He then cupped one hand over the other and a whitish gray light began to illuminate within his palms. After a few seconds, Jackson opened his hands and large monarch butterfly flew from them making Dax look to him with a slightly shocked expression.

"How did you do that?" , the old vampire asked as she watched the butterfly fly around in the clouds of smoke around them. Jackson had dark magic abilities, they weren't as strong as Krys' but that was only because Krys studied and practiced hardcore when it came to dark magic. With dark magic Jackson had the ability to conjure up inanimate objects but not something that was living. His breed dealt in death so it was odd even for someone of Dax's age to see a demon create life. The old vampire simply shook her head before relaxing into the couch. She knew she would have to discuss what she had just seen with James but for now she was just going to enjoy her down time a bit.

9fe32ab7015bf89d46061c52426a99f3.jpg

Company: Each Other, Jamie, Summer, Jinx, June, Jason, Raph

Raph found his way through the halls, admiring the school along the way. It was large, open almost like some kind of resort that he had read about, if his family had vacationed and if they had not been tainted they might have come to a place like this. They had money, they just never spent much of it on anything outside of the old mansion that he grew up in. In some ways the dead had been useful, some spirits had come and through the remnants of their greed had invested the family money wisely, Raph did not want for that sort of security, not that the physical things were necessary. If it could not be carried, or fit in one of his pockets, he did not need it.

Lighting a cigarette he followed the noise of the others into the Common Room. It was a wide space, sofas, tables, even a television and something that the others were holding as they sat together the usual banter filling the air with their own cadence of familiarity. Watching Jackson make a butterfly Raph stepped up behind the sofa where Professor Draven sat back, her body languidly spread across the cushions. A slight smile at the conjuring felt as if he was not alone, Raph inhaled the smoke, holding it within a moment as he let it be infused with the Eldritch power that leeched into the smoke. It was his mechanism, the smoke was a way of casting, the reason for his herbal mixes and the tobacco was all to summon the power and hold it.

A deep exhale and his smoke trailed out, taking the form of a bird that swept easily around the butterfly, the smoke giving it a hazy outline. Animal spirits were easy, they were often everywhere and this one had been a bird. Raph summoned and one came, it would be easier if he knew what he might have summoned but for now it did not work that way. The bird was small, probably a sparrow in life, but it darted about the butterfly then rose and spun around the room. The smoke contained the wisp of soul that had been left of it, giving it form the bird spun about, wings beating in a further haze of movement as it wheeled about the room, the trails of smoke of the others, darting through to break the chimney wisps that rose until the bird came close to his hand and with a flick the smoke exploded in a silent puff the spirit released.

"Good Evening all," he said as he stepped around the sofa hesitating a moment then taking a sofa where none of them were and keeping a distance from the television and whatever the others were using. It looked electronic and the Eldritch powers did not like technology, Raph had a radio once, a small transistor radio when he was young. Picking it up he heard the few beats of music come from it like a magical thing, the excitement came over him in that short moment until the static and then the insides of it had smoked and melted. Since then Raph had avoided technical devices, only reading them in books.

Glad to be included in the crowd, the most people he had seen in one room in years, he sat back easily as he puffed on his cigarette, the smoke like an old friend. "Professor," he nodded in her direction respectfully in greeting, "this is a very nice room, school. The bedroom is, ah, amazing," trying to find a less formal word and loosen up. Raph suspected that the rest of them were becoming infectious and he loosen up slightly. "I thought I would miss my work table the most, but that one more than makes up for it. Is this where you come between classes," sitting back feeling himself relax more and more had the feeling, for once, that he belonged.

Jamie%202.jpg
Summer.jpg

Who: Jamie Pierce | Summer Pierce
Species: Hellwolf | Hellwolf
Company: Each Other, Dean, Staff, Students

Summer laughed when Jason spoke of not knowing what she meant because though he'd started a fire when he was younger he'd never turned into an angry wolf. Jamie just rolled her eyes as she glanced at JC. "I think we're witnessing baby sis' first crush..." the younger twin replied with a 'love struck' look on her face before she laughed and shook her head before resting it against JC's arm. Summer simply whimpered in embarrassment at her older sister's comment but she stayed silent as she kept her attention on Jason. She was enjoying their conversation. He was interesting, he was mortal and he'd been places that offered her a great deal to learn, and she did love to learn. When Jason asked what the sighs were that she was going to bite his head off Jamie laughed a bit. "When she starts getting facial hair, you should already be leaving dust." Jamie called back causing Summer to laugh softly as she shook her head.

"Don't listen to her... I mean she's right but, still... Well I've never really been angry, but, I've seen my siblings get really peeved off, and they growl... A lot... And their eyes turn a nasty shade of red, and we radiate black smoke, which is actually kind of creepy, but you know it's our thing I guess." Summer replied in a rather cheeky tone. "But, it's pretty difficult to really upset me, normally if I'm just starting to get annoyed, I just shift into a wolf, and chase the person who upset me around the castle... Course... That's usually one of my siblings and I can never catch them so... I'm not really sure what would happen to someone I could actually catch up with." She stated in an honest tone. Jamie laughed when Jason spoke of them attracting nut jobs and nodded her head. "Yeah but don't worry about it, long as you keep in mind that most of them are just blowin' smoke, you got nothing to worry about." The pup stated in an honest tone. When James spoke of Jinx and June getting shown around and looked to JC, Jamie released her older twin and snickered as JC spoke of showing them to their room.

"Have fun" the younger twin taunted her older twin with a bit of a snicker before she wrapped her arms around her back. When James spoke of JC behaving herself tonight and then JC started ranting Jamie rolled her eyes. "JC... For the record.. Showing them to their rooms... Doesn't include breaking in their mattresses yeah?" The younger twin teased causing Summer to gasp loudly as her hands flew over her mouth and she looked to her older sisters. "I can't believe you said that!" Summer protested as Jamie looked back at Summer and shrugged. "JC sometimes gets distracted, she needs direction and dad didn't say it... So I felt I should. The pup replied before she looked back to JC with a smile before kissing towards her older twin and making her way into the common room where Jason, Dax, and Raph already were. "JC's going to be a bit, she's playing the happy hostess." Jamie snickered out. As she approached the couch she hopped over the back of it and grabbed hold of Dax's joint before putting it between her lips. "That's cute Jackson... Can you make a cute little bunny with a pink nose and a cotton tail too?" She teased before taking a hit from the joint and removing it from her lips as she blew the smoke out and continued to speak. "Seriously though, you're getting good, I'm proud of you bro.... So what you think so far Raph?" The woman asked as she offered Dax back her joint and looked to the male with a look of curiosity.

Summer simply shook her head as Jamie disappeared into the common room. "If it's not one it's the other, they're seriously yin and yang for one another... Never behaving at the same time... But, on a plus note, they're never misbehaving at the same time either." Summer replied with a laugh before she turned her attention back to Jason as he spoke about the orb. "I think I have the perfect place. Last year for my birthday my parents got me this really awesome case, like the one from Beauty and the Beast that holds the rose? It's enchanted and everything to allow objects to levitate inside it even. I'm really into that kind of stuff." Summer confessed.

Who: Jason Kharo
Species: Human, telekine
Where: Living Quarters
Company: All these less odd people

Jason laughed as he heard Jamie's comment about Summer's crush. "I hope not, I'm really no good for lasses, let alone a sweet bird like Summer here." He said with a playful smile at the youngest of the bunch before chuckling at the facial hair joke. "I tend to run when a girl has more facial hair than me, regardless." He pointed out, instinctively touching his cheek that was completely smooth. "Although it doesn't help when you can manipulate how much of it you have." Jason added with a shrug and listened to Summer explain in what situation he'd rather not find himself in.

"Well don't worry, I won't go out of my way to piss you off, considering your paps doesn't look a guy to be fucked with. Or any of you, really... Wouldn't want to hurt you." He said as he looked over the family, pretending to size them up. That was a fight he really wouldn't want to take part in. He had no idea of their specific powers or if they were resistant to things, or even if they tired out. After prolonged use, he did find himself tiring, more of a mental ache than a physical one however. He'd passed out a few times from pushing his gifts too far or holding onto them for too long. Felt much like a hang over in the morning, but a really bad one.

"So, am I not allowed to joke about and wind up the nut jobs? I could get away with it back in the... Normal World? I don't know what you call it, but that was because they were just regular folks, not Hellwolfs or vampire things or what ever they are." He explained, wondering if he might actually be in any danger here. In all likelihood, he would annoy some people he probably shouldn't, but if people couldn't take a joke and banter, then they needed a lesson in getting over it. That logic justified a lot of what he did. Flawed, maybe, but it satisfied him.

Watching Jamie wonder off into the common room, he nodded as Summer explained about her siblings. "Well, at least one will always do the right thing?" He asked with a curious tone and nodding as she explained about where to keep the orb. "Sounds pretty cool, wouldn't mind seeing that, if you don't mind?. I've always been trying to put a portion of my abilities into items, like that case. Could open up an entirely new world of possibilities for me." He explained, perking up when she mentioned it. "However, wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction so I can plonk these down?" He asked, jerking a finger back towards his luggage.

9fe32ab7015bf89d46061c52426a99f3.jpg

Company: Each Other, Dean, Staff, Students

Raph looked over at Jamie, feeling at one with the power that burned within. Exhaling a puff of smoke that slowly changed and moved until it was a small smoke shaped bunny. Long ears that disappeared as the smoke whisped away, the body shifting in an odd way as its shape contained the smoke. Raph had rarely been able to summon what he needed, but something about the school, the students, made it all seem right. He just called it and the rabbit came. The spirit of it held the smoke as he took another breath of the acrid smoke, tainted with smoother herbs and oils of mint and peppermint, a slight touch of pepper oil to spice it a bit. The rabbit moved on the table, sitting on its rounded haunches as it stood up on its legs as if sniffing the air, then as it hopped to the edge of the table he let it go. Smoke lazily drifting towards Jamie until it was caught with the haze forming in the space above.

"It is a bit overwhelming," he admitted as he sank back into the soft sofa. A seat of pure comfort, not the older, utilitarian furniture at his house that had not been updated in a century or more. "Though it seems homey, lived in, not the quiet I am used to." Glancing about he was thrilled to have so many people to meet and learn about. With a finger he stirred the smoke above, the air responded, moving the clouds about in subtle ways, shaping the haze into general faces, outlines, and forms that flitted through his mind. "That's good, I could use a little less quiet."

Taking another deep inhale, his special herbal blends were made for his taste alone, and the marijuana plants he had grown were done for their power. The smoke was his tool, requiring nothing more for summoning the smoke was all. No sense for him to not enjoy it, that and the calming effects of the marijuana kept the power within him. Sometimes it roiled as if it was alive, wanted to be released, beat against him in its ethereal fury. With the smoke he was able to contain it, though he hoped to learn other methods here.

"It will be nice to come here after classes, it will be fun," the calm settled over him like the haze as he watched the gregarious bunch begin to grow in the room. "I saw you were reading when I arrived, is there a big library?" Raph loved books, they were a comfort to him, the solidity, the information and words within. To have a library of books he had never seen or heard of was a temptation. That Jamie had one meant, he hoped, there were more, especially in a school. "You are Hellwolves? I am not familiar with more than spirits, though I have read about others, but Hellwolves are not something I have come across in my books, is there much written about you? I would like to learn more."

Who: Jinx (FUll name of character, nickname optional)
Species:witch (some creatures will be able to scense other species)
When:shortly after arriving (the time)
Where:the living quarters (locaton)
Company:JC (who your character is with/talking to)

Jinx eyed her carefully. She had never seen anyone act in such a manner. Back home such a display, even behind her parents back, would have landed her punished. Still this girl seemed so different from anything she had experienced before. “What does that mean,” she asked before she was able to stop herself. “Wh-What you did with your fingers just now. What does that mean? I’ve never seen it before.” She looked over to June, feeling every bit the country farm girl she was. ‘I’ll never fit in here,’ she thought. ‘She must think I’m some kind of weird freak. Compared to them and everything I see, I am.’ She swallowed hard, before she could answer she added, “Thanks for carrying my bags. You’re very kind.” The more she thought about her actions, the more curious she became. “What is Need For Speed, and what’s a chicka?” She could almost feel them wanting to laugh at her. Still she forced herself to remain close. Fighting every urge to just grab her bags and ask her to tell her how to get to her room was proving most difficult. It was as if it were instinct to run and hide. She remembered his words that most would be in the common room, and in her mind she was already working out anywhere to go but there. Jinx wanted to avoid contact. It was so much easier to do that to face people. Living such a sheltered life had really placed her at a disadvantage, but so was the price her family had forced her to pay since they were not able to train her.

epq3xv.jpg

Who: June Morrell
Species: Human Ghost
Company: Students, New Arrivals, Faculty, Staff

The little ghost held out her hand as if to stop the dean as he mentioned rooms, but she didn't dare interrupt and by the time he was done he was also gone. She furrowed her brow and pursed her lips, but didn't chase after him. Instead, her attention went to her new guide, apparently the older half of a clandestine pair and very supernatural. She shook her head at the invitation and simply told JC what she'd wanted to tell her father. "Ah... that won't be necessary. I don't need a room. I'm, uh... well that is, I don't sleep, and I don't have any possessions. A room would be quite pointless."

She followed anyway, at the very least to continue conversing as Jinx was led to her room, which she clearly needed from the looks of it. June, however, was perfectly content to haunt the library or the common room in her free time. She stifled a giggle at the girl's confusion. If she'd thought herself an antiquity, this one seemed to put her to shame.

"It's an... insult. Though in this case a playful one, I think. I, uh... may I ask how old you are, um... Jinx, was it? I mean no offense by it of course, considering where we are it doesn't feel as inappropriate a question as it would in the outside world." she queried, genuinely curious. Assuming she didn't fade away, as it seemed she might on several occasions, she had an eternity to look forward to as well, so meeting other immortals was an infinitely fascinating idea. From the questions she ask it seemed the girl wasn't familiar at all with the modern world, which meant she could have been hundreds of years old, at least! Very exciting!

Image Optional 150w x 200h max
Who: Jinx Magan Ballentyne (FUll name of character, nickname optional)
Species:Human, witch (some creatures will be able to scense other species)
When:Dusk (the time)
Where: Nightmare Acadmey, Living Quarters (locaton)
Company: June (who your character is with/talking to)

“An insult? A playful insult?” She looked around as the girl asked about her name. “Yes, but….you can call me….Magan. Please. Are you….a ghost,” she asked, feeling her head lean closer trying to get a closer look. She wanted to ask what had happened to her, but Jinx felt it would be too much of an intrusion to simply ask something so personal of someone she just met. Still it was something she wondered. “I’ve only seen ghosts when…..” She stops. Jinx knows The Coven would summon ghosts for various purposes. She didn’t want her to know that. She didn’t want anyone to know anything about The Coven.

She straightened suddenly self conscious of her questions and her posture. “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be rude. I just….haven’t been around….anyone….except my family. Ever,” she added the last word nearly as a whisper. “Please don’t think of me as a freak. I grew up on a farm. I wasn’t allowed to go to public schools. My powers and all. I had to train and learn at home with my grand-mother.” She looks down at her feet, feeling embarrassed. ‘Great. She really does think you’re a freak now.’ Jinx wanted to run into her room, away from any of the people there, anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom