Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mankind's Soliloquy [Sci-Fi] [Zombie] ~ Need parts filled

Mankind's Soliloquy

"Once in a great while, Mankind unlocks a secret so profound that our future is altered forever - fire, electricity, splitting the atom, terra-formation... At the dawn of the 31st century we unlocked another."

Galaxy_by_TokenArt.jpg

Mortals discovered the mystery of how to defeat that which they feared most: death. They discovered how to bring life to death. The power of immortality. So caught up were we with the idea of restoring breath to those once lost, our soldiers, our leaders, our children...we became distracted. As mankind has always done, we constantly considered "could" we accomplish this, rather than "should" we accomplish this?

On that fateful day, Mankind committed a terrible, unforgivable sin and thus, wrought its own destruction.

There were warning signs at first, of course. But man was too deafened by his own pride and too blinded by his own greed to ever pay heed. They saved life after life. For ten whole years they did so, never minding the consequences of their actions, bringing new sustenance to deadened flesh, hollowed bone, and distilled mind.

Of course, renewed flesh decomposed faster than natural, and the metabolic rate of a restored human was ten times that of a natural. Renewings became required time and time again, as individuals clung to life, frightened of what lay ahead. It grew to the point where individuals became crazed into madness, seeking to keep their constantly consuming body content.

Finally, closing towards the end of the ten-year since the medical achievement, a newer, more efficient way was found to keep renewed bodies content, slowing down its metabolic process a good deals...the consummation of natural, unrestored flesh. In fact, the difference was nigh revolutionary; for a restored being to consume a natural one (while alive) went so far as to not only satisfy the body's metabolic rate (for a short time), but went so far as to reverse it, effectively forcing the body to grow from old...to young...

Well, while this fact may have been found well and good among the "renewed", the still natural living found themselves at ends with the new development...

Of course, immediately, the active surgery involved with restoring flesh was immediately made illegal around the world, and the "renewed" were made to die...against their will.

A war broke out; a great and terrible war that went around the entire world. A war between the naturally living and the unnaturally. A war that devastated earth as a whole, and ended with mankind being forced to abandon their mother planet, taking up residence upon the surface of Gaia's sister, a now-terraformed mars.

Now, a full fifteen years since the abandoning of Earth, mankind waits patiently for their self made destruction, still taking up home on earth, to die out, literally starving itself to death. Unfortunately, for the naturally living, they face the same aspect of "starvation" as those on Earth. For as is commonly known, mars is without atmosphere, water, or any form of natural sustenance, which humans must consume in order to survive. No, they must rather rely entirely on the small, improvisational government that has formed order on mars, a despot that has maintained loose control of the refugee race, holding what little remains of the human race under a shaky, untrusting alliance.

The human race as a whole and its future relies entirely on small bands of raiding parties, constantly being sent out to earth, which is now literally over run with "The Hungry", as they are so-called. These small bands' purpose for such suicidal missions? Gather up however many resources they can from what remains of their once great planet-wide spanning empire and return to Mars so that they may, as a race, survive if only for a few more years. A bartering of time; not a solution to the disease.

These crews are usually fairly small, and composed entirely of only the strongest and brightest mankind has to offer. If they weren't, a crew rarely survived more than a single mission.

And so, the fate of man rests in a single, sordid waiting game, determining exactly who can outlast who.

The_Cannibal_by_Sunamori.jpg

Storyline

This is the story of a single raiding crew, originally composed of 6 roughneck members. The crew itself has been in effect for a total of 2 years, but they are on their last strings and replacements don't last long.

With that being the case, once I have all the roles filled I want some communication OOCly between the accepted players to discuss existing relationships between the crew as, I have stated, there is already at least 2 years of at least professional affiliation. I'd like this crew to work a little like the one of 'Firefly' though perhaps a tad bit grimmer considering the circumstances.

Playstyle

I will be filling one of the roles as a crew member; the captain of course. But more than a player in this RP, I want to be seen as a DM. I will be forwarding the story, playing the parts of NPCs (mostly zombies of course) and detailing the settings/surroundings to the best of my ability. My role as crew member will essentially be for the purpose of forwarding plot devices and hooks.

Despite this "all powerful" role I've described, I want to make it clear that I don't intend to "rail road" this RP. I like to consider myself decently adaptable to changing environments as affected by fellow players. What I mean when I say this is, don't be afraid to push your own ideas into the story, so long as they are venturing into the realm of skull shatteringly stupid. If in the unfortunate circumstance I do take issue with an effect a player is putting into the RP, I promise to be rational about it; I will contact you OOCly, I will do my best to seek a compromise as long as you promise to seek this compromise as well.

As you read this, some of you may pause and wonder: wow, Professor, this seems awfully reasonable and understanding of you, while others may be gaining the distinct impression of me being some sort of Nazi. Hopefully all of you are thinking: I can't wait to apply for this RP.

Well, that process is going to take a bit of maneuvering. Details will be in the following post.

Finally, character death may and very possibly will occur. I will be in private communication with characters before it happens, but do not expect this RP to conclude with its full starting cast. (Other roles may become available as the RP proceeds)

Content

Zombies. Space ships. Drama. Pitch black humor.

This is going to be a chunky, gory RP. In fact, that's going to be half the fun. If balls-out action-thriller RP isn't your style, you might do better to look elsewhere.

ZOMBIE_by_loboto.jpg

Application

This is not going to be a "jump in" RP. This is going to have roles (albeit, loosely described to allow for flexibility) and it's going to be limited selection.

How to Apply: Private message to me an RP sample (or even better, two of them). Now, this RP sample is going to be very important. While I realize there are different styles of writing and I cannot classify what is "advanced literate" and just simply "literate", there is a style I prefer beyond all others.

In short, the ability to clearly illustrate within the reader's mind an image is, perhaps, the most important, most precious quality I attempt at gleaning when reading people's work. It is a self-evident trait and if I cannot find it in a sample sent, I will brush you off within five seconds and forget you forever within the next ten.

The second part I'd like detailed in your sample (or two samples, if you'd like to submit another), is your ability and creativity in the description of an action scene. This is, as stated, a chunky, gory, balls-out RP. So break out the good stuff; quality over quantity.

Here is an example of a best case scenario "no chance you won't be accepted" sample submission:

Screams from an apartment in the lower-east side of Manhattan were silenced by the sickening sound of tearing muscle as Carnage finished up his latest victim. A woman in her late twenties, or early thirties, had prepared a romantic, candle-lit dinner for her and her beau; but was greeted by an unexpected visitor when Carnage crawled in through their window.

After forcing the woman to watch as he stuffed the whole roast she had prepared down her lover's throat, Cletus Kasady proceeded to rape the woman, allowing his slick red symbiote to spread through the network of her body. Tendrils as fine as the sandy-blonde strands on the woman's head, worked their way up through her veins, rushing with blood up into her nervous system. All the way into her brain the extensions reached, until they began to expand. Slowly at first; blood seeping from the sobbing woman's nose, then eyes, then ears, until one quick flare of the alien tore her body apart.

The woman's mouth agape as large tentacles now pushed through the top of her head; shards of bone and grey matter flying outward with a spray of blood in close pursuit. Muscle was ripped apart as the tendrils tore through the stringy masses of tissue. Bones cracked and then snapped easily under the force of the expansions.

When the symbiote had reached through to the woman's skin, all that followed was an explosion of parts. Bloody viscera, scattered with sheets of skin and gooey lumps of muscle were shot about the apartment, and then the only sound was that of Carnage's crazed laughter.

"AaaaAaaAahAHahAhaHAhahAHA!!!!"

After you've Applied: After reading your samples, I will write back whether or not I'd like you to fill out a character sheet. I will be making a separate page for character sheets alone where you will be allowed to post and edit as you like up until the deadline, the date of which is at the moment, undecided, though hopefully within two weeks of now.

I will post a link subsequently in an edit at the bottom of this post.

For now, feel free to post in this thread to state your interest to apply, ask any questions or generally bullshit around.

Also, feel free to start PMing me those samples. I'm looking forward to reading them.

Thank you.

~ The Professor.

Interested, in several roles... though I will try to pick once a sample is sent.
Once I figure out what sample to send ^.^

Yaay, Middie has the Medic covered.
and mehbe a Pilot...

If the post average is like three paragraphs I can easily run two.

Back
Top Bottom