Teamwork (AnonymousRelated and Naomi David)

Naomi David

Supernova
Belle Guerrier, aged 22, howled in frustration. She had been so close to killing her mark. She was a Hunter, her mandate, her mission, was to hunt down and if needed, kill rogue supernatural beings. Beings like ones that murdered innocent humans in the case of Vampires, beings like ones that stole human babies and switched them with their own, in the case of the Fair Folk, beings like those who sold their abilities to the highest bidder, like Warlocks, and beings like those who went on killing sprees if they weren't careful during certain times of the month, like werewolves. The main job of the Hunters was to keep the secrecy of the supernatural world. If the supernatural folk got bad, it was their job to put them down to keep the secret.

Belle was half Faerie, half human. It gave her some measure of control over illusionary magic, which allowed her to change her appearance at will, thought she hated doing it on the spot, it made her really sleepy. She was also blessed with extremely good reflexes, as well as very wonderful speed, which made chasing down the bad people much easier. The catch was that she couldn't touch cold iron. It stung and burned her skin, though thankfully it healed. When she had to handle iron weapons, which was toxic, bad for the Faeries, she wore proper protection equipment so she didn't hurt herself.

Right now, her mark was a Vampire that was endlessly murdering humans. Very close to exposing the supernatural world. Murdering mundanes was very much so against the Law. But damn, this Vampire was one of her hardest battles yet. All of the others were mere child's play, but this one was a wily son of a bitch, that was for sure.

Desmon Endar a natural born Vampire born of the highest most noble blood was one of the few Vampires born into this world with a place of power already established. That place of power though, would fall short due to his ignorance. He had thought himself impervious to the charms of mere mortal creatures, but yet an Elf of all things had brought him to his knees, literally. He had proposed to her only after three weeks of knowing the female, she didn't know that he was a Vampire at the time of course. When she found out, things went better than Desmon had thought they would, she accepted him for who he was under one circumstance; he make her like him. She didn't want him to stay young, and to have her grow old and weak. Even though an Elf lived incredibly long lives, Vampires could easily triple their span.

This Elf though was not all she had seemed to be, she had known he was a Vampire and to make matters worse she chose him for who he was; Pure-Blood. If she were sired from a pure-blood Vampire, being an Elf on top of that would make her nearly unstoppable, and unstoppable she became. Through his actions Desmon was exiled from his families fortune, he was cast into the shadows and left for dead. Desmon however didn't die, nor did he let his horrors simply fall into the hands of his kin. He had started this problem, and he would finish it. Only there was one problem and it wasn't too small; Hunters.

They came in every shape, form, size and variant, there were even some of his kin that had given to a life of servitude and observation. For their services in hunting down their own kind and others like themselves they were compensated with a life outside of who they would have been. The shameful part of it was that they could have achieved the same thing by simply striving for it within their original community. Desmon had strove to become something he wasn't born into, he strove to become something more than a simple pure-blood. In the end it was all he could be, and because of who he was, he was now being pursued closely.

She was a Huntress, and from what he had ever seen of her she was a young one. Skill nevertheless as the girl had taken multiple shots at him from afar with bolts specially designed for killing his kind. Luckily Desmon wasn't such an easy target to hit, nor was he so easy to kill. He'd never been so brazen as to attack her, it would only make his situation even worse. But there was only so much one could take before they, snapped.

The village the young Huntress had come up to had been spared the torch many of the other typical sites had. But blood still hung heavily in the air, even from the outskirts she would have noticed. And she did, her shrieking had sounding not only to her location but also her mental state of mind. What the Huntress didn't know however was that the man who had been tracked and attacked by her, wasn't the one she was really looking for. She thought she was fast, but she didn't really know the meaning of speed. Dark red eyes appeared in the window of a nearby house, illuminated by a burning light from within them. As the eyes closed, the figure who had been there did too. But not for long.

Within a breath of time, the figure burst from the shadows at a speed where it could only be seen as a streak of darkness. The dark trench coat wearing figure hit the ground in a crouched position, ready to make his next move. The piercing red eyes looked up at the female hunter, taking in her full features and burning them into his mind. But then something else happened, and it made his crimson dilated eyes to dim and return to pupils. "Leave me alone! This does NOT involve your kind!" Desmon demanded loudly.

The bolts she had in hand were made of rowan wood, seeped in holy water. Legend held it that depending on what religion the Vampire held before Turning, the symbols from that religion would be pretty bad for the Vampire. But if they held no association with that religion, the symbols wouldn't touch them. Say if a Vampire held Buddhist beliefs before Turning, they wouldn't be harmed by Christian symbols. Rowan wood was said to be a natural Vampire repellant, so the Hunters believed it. But really, any wood would do. She had silver knives. She had iron knives. She had wooden stakes and wooden bullets. She had pretty much everything a Hunter could ask for. But none of it was any use if she couldn't hit her mark.

She looked around, trying to see if she could use her current environment to help her subdue and kill this rogue Vampire she was so having a hard time dealing with. Of course, bodies being everywhere didn't help, throats torn out... God, this place would smell terrible in the morning, the smell of rotting corpses was one exquisitely disgusting reek. But strangely enough, this village hadn't been set on fire yet. All the others she had arrived at too late were already burned to the ground. She took a step back as her mark snapped at her, and she got equally angry, shouting,"You should have long known that for your crimes of murdering innocent mundanes that the Hunters would eventually involve themselves. Murdering humans is against the Law, and the sentence for breaking the Law is death!"

Desmon gave her the time of day to speak, but when she accused him of murdering innocent humans the rage in him had built to the point of boiling over. Without a second though, Desmon quickly went from his crouched position to standing and he grabbed her by her throat. Desmon stood snarling and face to face with the female. "Do you see the typical signs of feeding on me?" Desmon barked, showing her his face and neck and his white cotton undershirt which had no blood stains on it. "While I have blood on my hands, their blood is not in my veins!" he added, realizing that he'd gotten too close to the Huntress Desmon released his tight hold on her throat and pushed her backwards away from him as he took a few steps back as well.

"I did not kill these people!" Desmon said defensively. Looking at the village, Desmon took a few steps forward before he collapsed to his knees and smashed his fist into the ground with great force. He reared his head back and roared out in frustration, he had been here when she was here. He had seen her with his eyes and he was close enough to reach out and touch her, but he hesitated because he loved her, still even after all these years. "I came here to stop her! I can't catch up to her when I have people like YOU slowing me down!" Desmon yelled as he turned around still on his knees and pointed his finger to the female Huntress.

Before she even had the chance to grab a rowan wood stake from her back, he managed to grab her by her throat, which completely terrified her. Never before had she been so physically close to a supernatural being, so physically close to one that looked pissed off enough to rip out her throat right now. She was forced to look at him in a different way, she assumed he would be filthy, covered in human blood and the like, but no, he way actually very, very clean, there was none on the areas he made her look at, the only blood being on his hands. She took deep breaths as soon as he released her, and when he snapped at her, she got angry again, and she shouted right back,"What the hell else are the Hunters supposed to assume, what with you being at every burned place?... You're saying the culprit Vampire is a woman?"

"Humans shouldn't put their noses where they can't stand the smell," Desmon responded to her as she asked what they were supposed to think when he was at every scene of every mass killing. She realized that had identified the killer, and that wasn't all he knew Desmon also had a very good idea as to where she would strike next. It was how he had always managed to show up before the Hunters did, he knew what her repertoire was. She liked villages that weren't heavily armed, but that weren't defenseless. She enjoyed the thrill of the hunt and she enjoyed the aspect of being hurt. There was a sinister brain behind those devilish eyes, and the vampire responsible for these killings got off on watching the men she killed be defeated mentally after they'd thought she had been struck down. "She's my responsibility, you should go tell your clan that I needn't any assistance in stopping her. This is my burden, and my burden alone. After I've killed her, if you want to stake me because of what I have done, feel free to come find me." Desmon said as he stood upright and began to walk off to the village once more. Desmon had intended to give these people a proper burial, it was the least he could do in his penance.

She was about to tell him to kiss her ass, but she held her tongue, and she replied,"And you've done a absolutely marvelous job at apprehending her, who ever she is. She's been slaughtering mundanes in droves and you can't stop her! You do realize that if this goes on, the secrecy of both our worlds will be exposed? Is that what you want?" She bit her lip, and spoke,"You are unwise to ignore the assistance of somebody who has the blood of the Faeries." She pulled back her hair, revealing her pointed ears. Mundanes saw normal ears, but folks like him would see her ears for what they were.

"You accuse me of doing a poor job of handling the situation," Desmon said scoffing and shaking his head and turning to face her before she'd pulled her hair back. "At least I'm hunting the actual guilty party!" he growled in response to her. As she spoke and pulled her hair away from her face, Desmon noticed that her ears were definitely more pointed, and not in the same aspect that an Elf's would be. Her ears reminded him of her, even though she was an Elf her ears were much more narrow and horizontally slanted, a unique look for her kind. But for a Fae-kin this type of ear was the norm, Desmon also knew what this meant about her blood. Her blood would act like a drug of sorts, giving him an incredible boost of energy even from the slightest drop.

"Unless you're going to try to kill me, I'm going to go start digging," Desmon said to her ignoring the fact that she was practically inviting him to bite her bare neck. He wasn't going to give into such a wonderful tease and taste though, it would only serve to prove him as guilty in her eyes. Desmon turned back around and walked towards the village once more. Finding a nearby shed he pushed open the door and found a decent shovel. Picking it up, Desmon walked out to the field by the farmlands and began digging. Because of his superhuman strength, he was capable of moving much more dirt than a normal person would, which would make this burial process happen that much faster.

As a half Faerie, she would long outlive a human, maybe by about 50 to a 100 years or so, depending on how she lived her life, but she wouldn't live as long as the normal Fair Folk. Damn, this Vampire was so irritating, annoying, frustrating, and all other synonyms related to the word irritating. She dropped her hair, and she spoke,"Tell me where she is going to be next so I can fend her off. That way no more slaughter occurs, so the secrecy is not broken!"

"If you believe yourself capable of handling her, you're sorely mistaken," Desmon spoke as he pulled up the top soil and tossed it behind him. Desmon continued to shovel the dirt away at a rapid pace, luckily for him he was a Vampire of very good blood and that made him very impervious to getting winded. Which made it possible for him to dig down a few feet in the time that he'd spent digging. Desmon stuck the shovel in the dirt and looked over to the female. "I'll make you a deal, you assist me in proving my innocence to those who would kill me, your kind, and I will assist you in capturing the one responsible for all of this." he proposed.

She analyzed the deal, the Fair Folk, as well as those of their blood, were good with deals and tricks and the like. She spoke,"I find that a good and fair deal. It benefits us both. I accept. Shall we shake hands?"

Desmon looked down at her extended out arm and at her palm. He wasn't the type to simply shake hands, that wasn't how Vampires did things. Their word was almost always enough, but when their word wasn't enough they exchanged blood. Desmon knew he couldn't simply do this to her in the fashion that his kin did, but he could in another way. Moving so that he faced her, Desmon approached her and dropped the shovel. Reaching out he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against him tightly, sealing his lips to hers Desmon ripped his tongue slightly with one of his fangs. His tongue pushed into her mouth and allowed his blood to seep into her's, after a moment of exchanging a deep forced kiss Desmon pulled away from her and wiped the blood that ran down the corner of his mouth with his sleeve. "That is better than a handshake, as a Fae you should know that a willing exchange of blood from a vampire is a seal that is never intended to be broken." he said as he stooped over and picked up the shovel once more. Desmon went back to work digging but was starting to feel the effects of not having fed in quite a long while. "If you want to help, start bringing the bodies here."

She was pleased when he dropped the shovel, he was going to shake hands and then their deal would be done. Well, she was so far from the truth. He wrapped his arms around her waist, she tried to break free, to reach for a stake. Their lips touched, and she was very repulsed for a moment, her lips had only touched the lips of other mundane men and faerie men. Then she understood as soon as she felt a small drop of warmth into her mouth. A lesson that the Faerie Queen, her Mother, had taught her. Vampires exchanged blood to properly seal a deal. She stopped struggling, relaxing when he pulled back. She spoke,"I'm only half Fey. I don't have as much control over illusionary magic as the pure bloods do, but it's enough, the other things I can do." She nodded, and brought him the bodies.

Desmon was glad that she didn't try to attack him, because that would have forced him to retaliate and any sort of compromise that they could have come to would have been botched. But she accepted his advance, and had even known what it apparently meant. As she told him that she was only a half-ling Desmon knew that it was better than full Fae blood. Pure-Blood Fairies were almost toxic to Vampires, their blood was so potent that it would drive a Vampire to a stage of addiction, but a half blood was capable of giving the essential boost to a Vampire without the risk of him or her entering an immediate bloodlust. Desmon dug, and dug and dug some more. He kept digging deeper and deeper until he had gone down twelve feet by ten feet. By the time he'd finished digging the female that had been chasing him had managed to bring him most of the bodies. Which Desmon brought down into the hole and laid them one by one carefully down, he even made certain that the people found together were buried with each other, even their children were laid to rest with their families. Each time he laid down a specific set of bodies that were found together he'd cover them in dirt so that they were separated from the other bodies. The whole process took almost two hours to complete. And at the end of it, Desmon took a branch and snapped it into two pieces. Taking a strand of leather, he began to make a makeshift cross for the burial mound and once he finished he stuck the cross into the dirt and knelt atop the mound. "Do you still think me the killer of these people?" he muttered his head hanging lowly, his breathing labored.

So, so many bodies... Old people. Young people. Mothers. Fathers. Sons and daughters... So many people. Too many people. She could see why now that there were not many old Hunters. The trauma of seeing what she was seeing right now was enough to drive anybody to PTSD. It took a good while, but eventually, the bodies were buried, and a cross set over the burial site. She spoke,"No, I do not. Forgive me for my hasty assumptions."

Desmon heard her speak, though her words didn't mean much to him. He'd already been vilified and turned into something he wasn't, even if she knew it to be true or felt it to be so, it didn't change a thing for others. Desmon looked up to the female, and his eyes scanned her over. She was really rather pretty, having the qualities of a Fae and a human was a good look. "What were you supposed to think, I am but the monster that I was born as so I was the obvious choice of a target," he said. Desmon planted his palm against the cold, wet freshly turned dirt and stood to his feet. Even for a Vampire, Desmon was pale and it would be clear to almost anyone that he was drained. Drained of the very life force that drove him and his kind on, blood. Though Desmon was always too proud to ask for such a thing, he didn't however think that he would turn down a willing meal. "So, am I your prisoner?" Desmon asked her seeing what she would suggest for them to do. Even though he was a nocturnal person by nature, he was able to be in sunlight unlike most superstitions about his kind. Even being a nocturnal creature, Desmon was very tired right this second. He had spent all day chasing her down, and that had burnt much almost all of his energy.

She rolled her eyes, and she spoke,"I see you need blood. But I must ask this. Is animal blood really a substitute for human blood, does it work as well or not?" She wasn't too sure about offering her blood for him. She spoke,"I'm not sure exactly. But I don't think prisoner is the proper word for it. We are a team now, partners. Where you go, I go. Were I go, you go."

Desmon watched her eyes, she obviously thought that he was still holding information back from her. She wasn't very trusting, and that was not only to be expected it was a good sign for him. It meant that this female still had her wits about her, perhaps it was why she was alive after taking up such a job with such a body. Listening to her speak, she could clearly see his anemic state and asked him if animal blood would suffice for him. It would suffice, if she wanted him to fall violently ill and possibly die. A lesser Vampire could use animal blood, but it wouldn't work for Ancient blood like his. Desmon shook his head slowly, and he took a deep breath. "I will be fine without, I have gone without for a long while now and I will recover my strength after resting." Desmon told her. As he mulled over the information she'd given him about them being partners, Desmon grimaced internally as she said where he went she would to, and visa versa. "Trust me, there are some places I will go that you will not want to," he said quietly "Are you camped somewhere nearby? If not, it might be awkward but one of these houses will suffice in keeping us sheltered."

She nodded in understanding when he said animal blood would not suffice for him, and she spoke,"Are you sure about going on without blood like this?" She rolled her eyes, and spoke,"You'd be surprised what I've done, what I'd want to do." She'd been in territories of all supernatural creatures, and she'd come out of them just fine, alive and whole. She continued,"Yes, I am camped not far from here! Shall we go now?"

Desmon turned and looked at the mound of fresh dirt, where the bodies of countless victims laid underneath. Closing his eyes and bowing his head to their direction Desmon muttered an apology in a lost language and then turned back to her. "Yes, please lead the way." Desmon spoke as he waited to follow her towards her camp. Desmon was hungry, and not just for blood. He had gone four days without food, even though he had an immortal body, it wasn't invulnerable and it certainly wasn't self-sustaining. His stomach growled loudly, and felt like it was tying itself in knots.

She started off towards her camp, her enhanced hearing picking up on his stomach growling, and she spoke,"I can hear your stomach growling. You are absolutely sure about this?" She was going to offer him blood, but only if he said yes. She wasn't sure what would happen to her if he fed off of her.

Desmon walked as she spoke, he was silent about his need for food, though his stomach betrayed that silence loudly. She seemed more concerned with his condition rather than with who she was traveling with. Any other experienced and veteran Hunter would likely be giving her a very stern tongue lashing right about now, she should have of just staked him when she had the chance. Though it would have led to the killings never ending, and only getting more and more rampant. "I cannot drink an animals blood, and I see no other sources of fresh blood around," Desmon said finally as they continue to trek through the treeline. Once they broke through the trees, and into an opening in the woods Desmon saw her small encampment which consisted of a very basic tent a place to build a fire and a log that she likely would use to sit on. "Except for you." he added quietly and looking over her frame.

In a partnership, in her half, it was her job to check on his well being, she was pleased once they reached her tiny camp. She spoke,"Does it have to be from the wrist or neck? I've always been curious." If she had to feed him, well, it was for the greater good.

Desmon heard her question, and it piqued his interest in the female further. There weren't many people interested in how a Vampire worked, most people simply wanted them dead. "It works best from the neck, the veins there are much thicker and are much more capable of healing completely than that of the wrist. As well it wouldn't inhibit your ability to use your hands, much like a wrist puncture would. Though either would suffice," Desmon told her honestly as he walked passed her and to the log, taking a rough seat and placing his palms against the ground behind him, propping himself up.

She listened carefully to his words, mentally taking notes on what he was saying. She spoke,"If you need to, you have my permission to feed on me. You're no good to me if you're not firing on all pistons."

Back
Top Bottom