Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Recipe For Adventure Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please put your character profiles here: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/sh...?tid=62059
Here is the Chatter Thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/sh...?tid=62062
Here is the Game Thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/sh...?tid=62061

The letter that you received
Dear Participant of the most spectacular experience that life could give,
You have been selected to participate in the last stage of my Time Continuum Bus. I have worked on this for several decades with the last 5 years of successes! If you wish to earn this extra money this summer, please fill out the information below and arrive on date that has been set up.

I hope to see all of you there!
Doc and Gus

Name:
Parents:
Address:
Items to bring (up to 150 pounds):
Clothes
Personal entertainment
Books
No cellphones or laptops

Arrive at the Abandon Warehouse on Wabash Road on June 1st.

When you arrive at the Abandon Warehouse, you can walk inside the first room. All that is in the room is a long table and 3 doors. 2 doors are marked his and hers. The last door is locked tight. The floor is cement; the windows are dirty and cobwebby. The whole room smells dusty and old.

Name: Misa Yukina
Parents: Hittori Yukina and Ayame Yukina
address: 123 North St. Townsville, USA
Items: clothes of various type, sparing gear, iPod

Misa arrived as was asked of her in the right place, and looked around it matched everything that the note had told her even the smell of the place matched what she was expecting. She looked around and sat in one of the corners of the room. She had no clue if someone else was joining her but she figured she was early which was something thanks in the nature of the young woman. Well more in the nature of a person who like to get up and train in the martial arts each day. She let out a deep breath as she rested her eyes for a moment as she listened to her iPod.

Name: Riku Yamada
Parents: Shizuka Yamada and Kai Yamada
Address: 7727 Market st. Citysville, USA
Items: Two changes of clothes, an ipod, a first aid kit, and a Nintendo 3ds.

Riku glanced around shyly as he entered the warehouse. This had to be the the place, right? Looking down at the flier, he confirmed it. Entering, he took a quick glance around, spotting one other woman there. He gave her a small wave before moving to an opposite wall, sliding down to the floor. With a sigh, he pulled out his gaming system, continuing off where he last saved.

Two older men walked into the room, one pushing a cart and in a new mechanic suit while the other was in a new suit and lab coat with a clip board. Both seem to be preoccupied at moment. After a few minutes of placing things where they were to be needed for a meeting, the one in the lab coat looked about to that a few students had arrived.

“Good morning to my fellow Time Continuum Travelers. We welcome to a fantastic voyage of your young lives. To begin the meeting I would like for each of you to place your luggage at the door where Mac is at then find a seat. My name is Doc. “ he spoke clearly to the students.
“Now that the luggage is out of the way and don’t worry for Mac will make sure that it will be at the proper spot and won’t be left behind, I shall pass out a folder which contains important information in it. Please fill out all of the forms and we shall move on.”

The folder contained one sheet of paper:
Name:
Family:
Where to send your check to:
It was the easiest form that you will ever fill out.

Meanwhile, Mac took the luggage to the inner room and did not come back out.
Once everyone had filled out the form, Doc spoke once more.
“That was quite harmless, wasn't it? Now please place the paper back into the folder and place the folder on the cart. You may now meet in the next room and get acquainted.”

As soon as the older men entered the room, Riku pit awau her 3ds out of respect, standing up. She gave a short bow when they introduced themselves. Upon the subject of the luggage, the crossdressing boy simply moved silentlu up to the table, and placed his things down there. As he did so, he then took the note from Doc, quickly filling it out with the pen provided. With care, he then placed his filled-out form in said folder, leaving it for the other student before shuffling back to the wall.

He stopped, however when he instead said to move into the next room. With some hesitation, he then did so, holding open the door for the other student. He still remained quiet, not too good with the whole 'socializing' thing.

Misa looked at the people who were in the next room and smiled as she stood there, "Well, now, should be interesting trip," the tomboyish dark haired young woman commented as she gathered up the papers, she figured that it was going to be fun. She didn't know the details, but it was going to be fun and adventurous which would tell her that it was going to be even more fun. She wrote down the information as she found how easy it was to write down all the information that was needed to write down. She turned it in and then walked and started to talk to others who were waiting hoping to learn a bit about other people. She didn't notice Riku who was away from everyone as she talked to numerous people who were around them. Misa was excited ready to get things going actually, and looking forward to making some money that she could use to pay for days down the road.

Mac was leaning against a pole in the room near a large garage door. He looked at his watch and smiled.
"Hey Doc! Times up! Let's get this meeting finished and loaded up. Time is wasting." he yelled.

"Coming! Just let these old bones move about and get there. Are the refreshments there?" he asked as he pushed the cart to the table.

"Riku and Misa, you are the only two who will be going on this trip. We shall use the short bus. As you can see, there is a door where a special bus is waiting for you. All of those reporters and camera men are waiting for you to geton the bus and see if it will take you beyond your wildest dreams.

Please step this way and we shall open the door to reveal your Time Continuum Bus." Doc spoke as he walked up to the door that was being raised. A bright yellow bus came into view. The reporters and cameramen strained to look at the Bus.
"In you go. The Motherboard will guide you on your trip. Gus will keep an eye for any problems. Good Luck and if you find something of interest, please bring it back. I have a folder of items that I would for you bring back."

"Better get aboard... Doc is getting all flustered..." Mac suggested as the bus door opened.

Riku had managed to stay away from reporters and cameramen for the most part. One that did catch him, only caught a blushing college student who choked on ebery word. Finally, the Doc informed them it was time to go. The crossdresser sighed softly as he hurried onto the bus, grabbing a seat in the front. She was still silent, however. Sure since it was him and that other girl, he would need to come out of her shell a bit.

Misa blinked, so they would be led around by a motherboard a computer, this was going to be different, a computer that could do such a thing, different for sure. Misa nodded her head, "don't worry about it, though I am sure that any thing I fine will be less interesting to some then it will be to myself," she muse as she then walked out to the bus and got on it. Misa didn't even notice the other person on the bus for a moment or two, before she sat down on the bench across from Riku. "Good Day," she said respectfully to what she thought was another female. She leaned back and relaxed looking out the window mostly as she wondered what the trip would be like and where the heck they would end up first really.

Riku sighed silently, glancing around the bus for his bag. That mechanic had just said he was going to take care of their luggage. He didn't say exactly where. The boy stood up to glance around the upper shelves for his bag, looking for his game system. Hearing Misa's voice caused him to jump slightly, looking back down to the woman he would be traveling with.

"Hello," Riku said shyly, giving up his search for the moment, "S-So it's going to be just us, right?... I'm Riku. Riku Yamada." The crossdresser gave s short bow before falling back into his seat, taking glances out the windows.

The Bus came to Life and one could hear the locking of the doors. A pleasant female voice is heard saying

"Welcome to the Time Continuum Bus. I am The Mother Board or just Mother for short. The man who is responsible to get you to your destination is Gus.
Please make yourself at home. You may walk around during your trip or even go upstairs to find your luggage. You may choose one of the four available bedrooms. Each bedroom has the same floor pattern and equipment, including a personal laptop. The laptop will have many features that other ones do not have such as a history guide line. With this history guide line, you can make choices about each mission stop. It has also a private diary in case that you want to make notes of this fantastic voyage.

The Adventure starts during the year of 1925... January 20th to be precise. You will land in Chicago, Illinois. Please feel free to ask any questions before you go to bed."

"Nice to meet you Riku, I am Misa," She said with a polite tone as she gave a slight smile and then looked forward as she heard the bus talking. Her focus went to that ans what it had to tell her. The young woman thought about it as the bus talked. Misa was glad to know that her stuff was upstairs first of all, but also that they would have a laptop to look at the history as a kind of guide to help them. She felt rather strong in the subject, but she was sure that there would be things that she would be able to learn as well. She blinked as she heard the place and the time, and then knew that it was the time of the twenties so flappers, gangsters, and such. She thought about it for a moment. "During this time, um, is there any thing we have to get or find or is it a kind of look around and have fun thing? Also is there any way we can um blend in with the style of the time better?"

Mother spoke once more
"You will have a quest once you arrive. In each room there is a closet. The closet will hold your clothes. On the door of the closet is a mirror. The mirror is said to be magical. You stand in front of the mirror with no clothes on and speak the words
"Oh Mirror on the closet, I have nothing to put on. I am in the (date or time period placed here) and I need something to don." Wait for 5 seconds and various outfits will appear in the reflection. Once you see the one you want say "That is the one." or if the color is wrong speak 'Only if the 'item or part to be changed' was colored 'the name of color'. The item will appear in the closet after it disappears in the mirror."

((HINT!: I will be using some odd words. If you are not sure of the meaning, use the meaning in http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/don?s=t . In this case don means to put on a piece of clothing))

Riku smiled lightly when the woman introduced herself. "Nice to meet you Misa," he said shyly. Hearing a door lock, the crossdresser sighed. It was about to begin. The voice of another woman caused the shy boy to jump ever so slightly. So this was the computer system that would help them? He listened as the program gave a quick explanation of what would happen, where everything was, even telling them their first destination. Riku smiled lightly, hearing they would have their own rooms. For a little bit, he thought they would have had to stay down here. Misa was first with the questions. His face lit up lightly upon mention of the mirror upstairs. The word magical, however, seemed out of place here. He would let that slide though. "H-How long are we going to be in each place?" he spoke up, "Just long enough to finish that quest, or do we have a time limit?"

"It depends on the situation. In your room is wrist communicator. You will need to wear it so that your situation is monitored. The most important thing is to get your quest done then do what exploring you can if thee is time left. Remember the list of items that Doc and Mac want. Rest of the loot is yours to keep if you happen to find anything that you want. You have 500 pound weight limit each." Mother announced.

Misa took notes on where they were going a bit more and what they need to do to get dressed as well as how much weight they could take with them back. five hundred pounds would be a good bit as she would have to figure out what she would want to take, perhaps to make some cash off the goods later on. "I see, this is all I need to know. I am going to get some sleep, um, someone just needs to knock on my door, or mother just use some alarm to wake me up when we are there please," she said before nodding her head towards both of them and heading up to her room, she unpacked her stuff as she could so that she would be able to find it the next day or whenever she wanted to as well.

Riku nodded in understanding, taking a few more mental notes. This was definitely going to be an interesting trip. However, she couldn't help but ponder what 'quest' they would have to do in thier next destination. She was shaken from her thoughts when Misa stood, announcing her leave. The feminine boy gave a short nod in response before standing as well. "I might as well head on to sleep too," he said to the mother computer, "Probably going to need it considering where we are going." He gave a short nod before turning himself to proceed up the stairs. Riku caught a glance of which door Misa had taken. Silently, he grabbed hos bag, taking another room for himself. Deep down, he was kinda glad it was just those two on this trip. Any more, and it might have been crowded.

Opening the door to his room, he took a quick glance around. It was actually a pretty good size. Riku sighed dreemily, and began to unpack. The clothes he bought were hung up in his closet. Before he closed it, the crossdresser took a quick glance at the mirror. He could not wait to try that out later. With a deep sigh, he took his 3DS, plopping onto the bed with it. She continued he save game, playing it until he finally fell asleep, game still in his hand.

Gus piloted the bus to the destination with ease. Mother was quiet until they had arrived a the destination. She then rang a bell to alert the two time travelers that they had arrived at the destination. She was waited for them to ask for their assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom