Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rebellion Strikes Back(Josu and Panda)

A small, hooded figure walked through the sand slowly, methodically, heading straight towards Mos Eisely. A sand storm was brewing, the wind whipping this way and that as the young girl made her way to the space port. Lara was a beautiful girl, and that was clear once she got into Eisely. The robe dropped off of her, showing a tight robe that clung to her frame. She wasn't wearing bottoms, but luckily, the robe acted more like a dress then anything. She had black curly hair that brushed against her shoulders, pale green eyes, pale skin, and a smile that could make even Emperor Palpatine smile for at least a few minutes. A few of the alien creatures turned to look at the girl, but she paid no mind, only headed to the bar before speaking quietly to the bartender.
"I need a smuggler. One who won't ask questions."
He pointed off towards a corner of the bar, the girl nodding and walking over before dropping a bag of credits on the mans table.
"I need you to take me somewhere. I'll pay 25,000 now, and another ten when we make it. If you accept, you'll know the location once we get to the ship. It's far too crowded in here to risk saying anything. What do you say, can you do this for me?"

Arden looked up from his drink as he saw a bag drop onto his table. From the sound of it, it contained money. That was good. He liked money. He looked up at the person who had dropped it. It was an attractive young girl. This was getting even better. Now he just needed her to take of her clothes and his day would be perfect. Of course, he knew he would be dreaming since things like that never happened to him. She did want to hire him though. All he had to do was take her somewhere. That seemed easy, but maybe a little too easy. He looked at her carefully. She didn't seem to be a fugitive. He could be wrong, but he didn't want any Empire ships stopping him and searching his ship. He leaned back and thought about it for a few moments.

He took a sip of his drink before looking up at her again. He then looked down at the money and back up at her. He smiled. "Follow me." was all he said. He got up from the table and placed a few coins down to pay for his drink.

He left the tavern without even looking back to see if the girl was following. He stepped out onto the streets and turned toward the nearest space port. He walked along at his own pace, never looking back to check on the girl. He had to make it look as if he didn't even know she was there. He didn't know who she was or why she needed him, but she might have people following her. He had to be carefull.

As he walked he ran a hand through his black hair. There was a sparkle in his blue eyes as he winked at a pretty girl he passed. He was 6'2" with a broad frame. He was strong, but not overly muscular. His skin was lightly tanned. He wore dark brown pants and a black vest. The vest just covered his chest and stomach, having no sleeves.

He arrived at the space port and entered the hanger where his ship was located. He loved that ship, the Phoenix Flame. It was a custom designed ship, perfect for smuggling. It had one main area in the center that contained a small galley, a sitting room, a bedroom with a small bed, two gun emplacements on the front on the left and right with a very wide range of motion, as well as one at the back. The bridge was simple with just two seats at the very front of the ship. On either side it branched out slightly and led to a pair of large engines. They only appeared large though. The main thing about it was that the engines were only about a third the size that they appeared from the outside. Yet they could power the ship to speeds that normal engines that size could. The rest of the space inside the engine housing was perfect for hiding things. No one ever searches inside engines. Other hiding places included a very well sealed compartment beneath the bed, open spaces above cockpit control panels, and some compartments on the outside of the ship, only accessable from outside. The ship was designed for speed in both space and planetary atmospheres.

He turned around to see if the girl had followed him the entire way. He had no doubts that she had. It was not likely for someone to not follow a person they hired to take them somewhere. The only problem was if she had lost him in the crowd.

She had followed him all the way, after first putting her cowl back on. She had stayed behind him, at least five or six feet back to make sure no one realized she was indeed with the smuggler. Lara had come from a slave background. She had been forced to work on ranches and such, and was usually the one to take trips across the dune, risking being caught by Sand People, when someone needed something. When he stopped at the ship, she lowered the hood, tucking her black hair behind her ears before speaking slowly, with a little bit of a Huttese accent.
"I need you to take me to Yavin IV, to the Rebel base. I need to get there fast....Can you do it?"
She asked softly, looking over the ship a moment before continuing to speak.
"The only cargo will be me, but you can not get caught by Imperial Storm Troopers. Granted, they won't know who I am, but I have very important information that if they find, our attempts at foiling the empire will be ruined."
Her accent was actually pretty cute, and when she was done speaking, she looked up into his eyes, of course, taking time to look over his physique a bit. He was pretty cute, but she couldn't think about that right now. Right now, she had to meet back up with the rebels and get ready for whatever would happen next.

Arden smiled as he saw the girl still there. That was good. He could use the money. He listened to what she needed and smiled. She had an interesting accent. It made her voice sound even nicer. The problem was that he recognised what the accent was. He hoped there were no hutts after her. He did not want to have to deal with that.

He let her continue telling him what he needed to do. So she was a rebel. That was interesting. He had never really liked the Empire or their ships. They weren't that hard to trick or out run, but they were annoyingly persistant. He would still take the job though. He didn't see any real problems. His only worry was the hutts coming after her.

He turned toward his ship, pressing a button attached to his belt. The door opened and a ramp descended. He glanced back at her. "I can get you there very fast. I can also make sure no Imperial soldiers get to you. If they stop us you may have to hide in a cramped space, but they will not find you. I can guarantee that much. Well, let's go." He walked up the ramp onto the ship and waited for her to join him.

He gave her a quick tour of his ship, showing her the bedroom where she could get a quick nap, the sitting room, the galley, and the cockpit. He also showed her where to go if they got stopped by an Imperial ship. He would help her get into the hiding spot if it was needed. He finished by going to the cockpit and sitting in the pilot's seat. He got the engines started up and let her go wherever she wanted to go on his ship. He had nothing to hide from her. He wasn't smuggling anything at the moment.

She smiled as she was shown around, and once he left to get their journey underway, she got comfortable. She took off the cowl, setting it down on the back of a chair before taking off the robe and doing the ssame, exposing the girls slender yet curvy frame. She still had a tank top on, however, and a pair of panties, so nothing riske could be seen. After a few minutes though, she headed to the front of the ship and sat down in the cock pit next to him. She curled up, shutting her eyes slightly before looking out the windshield.
"I'm Lara....I used to work for the Hutts, but I bought my freedom years ago with the credits I had accrued."
She said softly, but sweetly as she buckled herself in. She hated flying, which was slightly amusing since she was practically always on a ship at some point. Whether it was smuggling Rebel plans, or trying to meet up with whoever, she was always flying. The girl's eyes shut completely, happy to be out of the harsh sun and whipping winds.

He was about ready to take off when the girl entered the cockpit. She had removed her cloak and what she had on now surprised him very much. She had only a tank top and pair of panties on. She was quite beautiful. He had to be dreaming. He was being paid a large ammount of money for taking a beautiful woman to a planet. He was quite happy about this now.

She introduced herself to him and explained her background a little. It was relieving, knowing that no hutts would be after them. He nodded. Once she was buckled in he took off. The ship lifted off the ground smoothly. He pushed a lever forward and it started to move forward and up. He picked up speed until the ship broke free of the planet's atmosphere. He flicked a few switches and pressed a couple of buttons before relaxing. The ship was now searching for the planet's exact location and plotting a course. All he had to do was wait for a minute and then hit the light speed switch.

He turned to the girl, trying not to stare at her body. He smiled slightly. "It is nice meeting you Lara. I promise to get you to your destination safely. I'm Arden. I have been flying this thing for many years. I've been stopped many times, but never caught, even when holding illegal things. You have nothing to worry about. Just sit back and relax."

She smiled when he told her to relax, noticing him glancing at her and giggling.
"Don't worry, I don't care if you look at me. If you had seen what the Hutts put me in, you'd understand how.... desensitizing it is. I could probably be bare and not really think twice about it."
She laughed slightly and shut her eyes completely. It was nice to know he had done this plenty of times before. At least this way some of her worries left her head. Slowly, she opened her eyes again, looking him over one more time before stretching out. Her stomach showed a little bit, but she barely even noticed it. The girl shifted in her seat slightly before staring out the window for a few moments.
"Well, thank you Arden. I appreciate this. Just warn me before you go off into light speed. Otherwise, I might faint."
She smiled at him, running her hand through her hair lightly as she pulled her knees to her chest slightly.

"What drove you to be a smuggler? I mean, it may be none of my business, but I'm just curious. It seems like a scary scary thing. If I were being chased by the Empire, I'd be terrified."
SHe practically whispered, leaning her head on her knees and wrapping her arms around her legs snugly.

He was a little surprised to hear an attractive girl tell him to not worry about looking at her. She didn't seem to have any shame. Her explaination made it clear. He nodded but still tried not to look too much. He focused on the computer telling him how long it would be until the ship was ready to go to light speed. He nodded to her request, a little preoccupied.

When she asked him what had made him become a smuggler. He glanced over at her. She seemed nice enough. He didn't tell many people his story, but something about her made him trust her. He pressed a few buttons and put his hand on a switch. "Get ready. Going to light speed in ten seconds." He flicked the switch and heard the engines starting to shift into the light speed mode to jump the ship up in speed.

Once the ship made the jump he relaxed in his chair and sighed. "Well, I was an orphan since I was a young child. When I turned eighteen I left the orphanage and tried to make it on my own. I stole to survive. I stole once from the wrong guy. He caught me a few days later but I had spent the money already. He was about to kill me when he figured out I was an orphan. He had been an orphan as well. He decided to spare my life if I worked off my debt for him on his ship. It was this ship. He was a smuggler. I continued to travel with him when my debt was paid off. He was killed by an angry hutt a few years ago. I got everything he owned and continued to smuggle, though I never work for hutts or against hutts. I never have anything to do with hutts."

"Stoopa schutta.....The Hutts aren't something to mess with. My mother was a slave, my father wasn't....He was a bounty hunter. Jabba sold him my mom, and then I came along. When my father died on a job when I was seven, Jabba figured that he should "take care" of us. A few months later, he fed her to the Rancor.... Once I was older, once I got...sexy, I think the word is, I went from being a server to a dancer....I wore less then the Twi'leks...I had to sit at Jabba's side and be....a...lur....ing...Alluring! Sorry, my english isn't as good as it could be. I've only been speaking it for a few years. "
She smiled genuinley, and it seemed that even though her life had been less the great, she was happy. Once in hyper space, shen unbuckled her seat belt, slowly standing up and walking out back of the ship. She grabbed the papers she had, slowly slipping them into her top before sighing and grabbing his money. She hid it on board, not wanting him to be able to get it before she decided to give it to him. Then, she slowly made her way to the front of the ship again, stumbling slightly and grabbing his shoulder to make sure she didn't fall down. The girl ended up with one hand on his shoulder, the other on his leg as she blushed and looked at him for a minute.
"Sorry...."

Arden listened as the girl told him her story. It seemed she trusted him as well. That was a nice feeling. Most people did not trust smugglers. He looked over at her with a smile. Her life had been tougher than his had been. She seemed to be doing well though. He wished he could be as happy as she seemed to be.

He glanced over as she left to go to the back of the ship. He simply adjusted a few things to make sure they stayed on course. They would have to stop a little before the planet to get past an Imperial ship, but that did not worry him. He was making the preparations for the encounter when he heard her footsteps returning. Suddenly there was a hand on his shoulder and one on his leg. He looked up at her. He couldn't avoid getting a good look at her body. The sight mixed with the feel of her hands caused him to become aroused. He looked away and stared at his computer. He hoped she didn't notice the forming bulge. He tried to speak. "I....Its ok."

Lara bit her lip, and then did something unexpected, even to her. She leaned forwards and kissed his cheek lightly and tenderly, a slight smile on her face before standing up and blushing.
"Um, I'm going to go lay down for a bit. If you need me, don't hesitate to wake me up."
She giggled nervously, standing there for another second before hurrying off to the back of the ship. She was embarrassed, and rightly so. As she climbed into the bed, she sighed, getting right under the blanket and shutting her eyes. She didn't go to sleep yet, though, only tried to make herself less awkward feeling. He had given her feelings she hadn't really felt before, and they were making her uncomfortable to say the least. She couldn't really get Arden out of her head, and she didn't actually want to, either.

What happened next caught Arden completely off guard. He felt Lara's lips press softly against his cheek. His arousal grew from the tender kiss and he blushed from nervousness and embarrasment. He swallowed hard and just stared straight ahead, not having any clue of what he should do. He nodded slightly as she said she would be in the bedroom for a nap.

Once she was gone he tried to get his thoughts under control. Sure, she was a pretty girl, but he had a job to do. He needed to get her safely to the rebels and then she would be out of his life. He couldn't develop any feelings for her and couldn't let her develop feelings for him. It shouldn't be hard. They were only together for a short while. If something did connect between them, him leaving would become much harder and more complicated. He didn't want to get caught up in the rebellion. He wanted to avoid the Empire as much as possible. He sighed and just continued to monitor the computer.

Lara hadn't gotten up again for a few hours, relaxed and well rested finally. The groggy eyed girl stood up, stretching slightly before walking out of the bedroom. SHe headed out to the cockpit again, sitting down in the chair next to his as she rubbed her eyes.
"How far away are we from Yavin IV?"
She asked slowly, crossing her legs and putting her feet up in front of here. She gripped the back of the seat as she watched out the window, trying to wake herself up a bit more, although, it was proving unsuccessful. After another few moments, she shut her eyes and curled up in the seat, still feeling quite awkward about earlier. She didn't know what to say at this point, but her eyes couldn't help but wander down his frame slowly when she did open her eyes again. Her lip was clenched between her teeth lightly, a soft sigh escaping the girls lips as she played with her hair for a moment.

Arden napped a little in his chair for about an hour. When he woke he checked the computer again. It seemed the rendezvous with the Imperial ship just before Yavin IV was inevitable. He sighed. He just hoped they would not be stopped or questioned. He changed course to try making a wider berth around it, lessing the chance of being contacted.

When Lara eventually rejoined him he was preparing for the jump back down from light speed. He glaced over as she asked how far away they were. He focused on his control panels. "Um, about four or five minutes, if we don't get stopped. don't worry about that though." He glanced over at her again and smiled. She had a bit of a strange look on her face that he didn't understand. He didn't worry about it and hit a few more buttons. "Prepare to slow from light speed." He waited a few seconds and flicked the final switch. The ship came out of light speed. He started to direct the ship as far away from the Imperial ship as possible.

"I said stay away from the empire, not rendezvous with them! Oh god damn it...."
She jumped up, running towards the back of ship and grabbing her things alone with her robes. She quickly put the robes on, tucking the plans into her tank top before shaking her head. Now, although the Stormtroopers probably wouldn't know her, there was a possibility they'd do a search of the both of them. And if they got the plans, well, the rebellion would crumple and they'd have no chance to overthrow the empire. The girl was panicking a bit now, and rightly so. As she ran back to the front of ship, she whimpered softly, cowl being pulled up over her head as she muttered.
"E chu ta! Stoopa sleemo..."
In truth, the way she sputtered Huttese insults was sort of attractive, but her anger was clear.
"You best get us out of this.....Because if I die at the hands of storm troopers, I swear I will be so angry...I was almost fed to the rancor, which is better then dying from a blaster ray."

Arden sighed as his passenger did exactly what he told her not to do. She was worrying. He let her got to the back of the ship. He changed course, deciding to take the route around the planet in the opposite direction as the imperial ship. He saw no indication that they were trying to contact him. In this part of the galaxy he was not well known and his ship was unknown to the imperials. They would not be looking for any ships like his.

He heard the girl return and mutter in another languge. He knew it was an insult. He had heard it more than once before. He rolled his eyes. She sounded cuter than she did threatening. She gave him orders and he looked up at her. "Do you think I want to get stopped by them? Just sit down. We are not going to be stopped." Just then an imperial scout flew past. An alarm went off. He swore.

He looked out the window and saw that they were close to the moon. He set his ship to go right to the rebel base on auto pilot. He then got up and ran to his gun emplacement. He wasn't about to be stopped. The ship sped up automatically. He just needed to last a few minutes. Once he got within the rebel defense line, he would be safe. He looked at Lara. "Get on the radio and tell the rebels who we are. We don't want to be attacked by them as well."

He got his aim set and waited. If he attacked too soon, the battle would be crazier. The closer he could get to the rebels, the better. They were only a minute away when the final warning came. He waited another ten seconds and then took his shot. He destroyed the scout. He then ran to the rear emplacement to see more fighters on their way from the main ship. He took aim and fired to slow and divert them. He destroyed two more. The rest closed in. They got within their accurate range just as he pased the rebel defense line. He shot at them and destroyed one mroe as the others peeled off, realising that he was now protected. He breathed a sigh of relief as he retook the controls and piloted the ship toward the rebel hangar bay.

Lara did as he said, running back and immediately contacted them. She hung up the communicator once she knew they were on her side, watching in awe as the ships exploded from the shots. WIthin moments, they had landed, but it wasn't all good news. A few rebels came onto the ship, one holding a blaster to her as she laughed and shook her head.
"Dolpyee kikyuna. My name is Lara Sal."
"How do we know you're not with the Empire?"
"Do I look like I'm in the Empire to you?"
"Why are you speaking huttese?"
"I was a chik youngee. Dancing girl for the Hutts. It's the first language I learned."
A rebel started heading for the back of the ship, which caused the girl to grab one of the blaster from another rebel before pointing it at him
"Chuba! Koona t'chuta?"
He stopped immediately, smirking slightly as she walked over and made him turn around. She took his blaster, sticking it in her belt before pointing the other one towards the ground.
"This is not my ship. He's just a smuggler. You don't need to worry about him or us. Here....are the plans I was asked to bring."
She said, pausing as she pulled the plans from her robes and handed them to him. They took them and left the ship, the girl smiling before grabbing the hidden 10,000 credits. She then started heading back to where Arden was, leaning against the wall lightly and sighing.
"I'm...sorry I called you a Sleemo. You aren't one. You're very brave, and thank you very much for bringing me here."

She slowly walked over to him, putting her hands on his cheeks and kissing his lips softly before pulling back slightly and looking into his eyes.
"Here's your credits, and thank you. Chess ko, Arden."
She leaned back in and kissed him one more time, sighing softly before standing up straight and heading off towards the front of the ship. She knew she had no chance of getting him to stay at the base with her. Why would he want to help them? He was a smuggler, and only had to do what he wanted to. She ran her hand through her hair, stepping off the ship before shutting her eyes and leaning against a dormant x-wing fighter.

Arden set the ship down in a rebel hangar. He shut down the engines and relaxed. He had been lucky. The Imperial ship had not attacked right away. It could have done that easily and he would have had a much tougher fight on his hands. Now he would get his money and leave. He could hear a commotion at the back of the ship, but he was sure Lara could handle herself.

When someone entered the cockpit again he looked up and saw Lara. He smiled at her softly. She looked happy. He was glad. It seemed to have gone well. She even appoligised for insulting him and called him brave. Then she really surprised him. He watched her approach, expecting he would get money from her. Instead she leaned in, put her hands on his face, and kissed him. He looked up into her eyes, not sure how to respond.

He took the credits from her without even really thinking about it. Then she kissed him again. He was still in shock when she left the ship. He recovered a minute later and he started to consider what he wanted to do next. He could easily leave and find something to smuggle on another system. Yet something told him he should stay with the rebels. It didn't make any sense at all. He had told himself he would never get in a situation that put him in conflict with hutts or the Empire. He knew what it was keeping him around though. Lara.

He felt a connection to her like he hadn't with anyone in a long time. He had only known her for a few hours, and had only spoken with her for a little while, but he still felt something. Her kisses had probably just added to it as well. He thought she might feel the same. One kiss would not have meant anything in particular, but two meant that it was probably not just a friendly gesture.

After some thought he made his decision. It went against all his personal rules and all his logic and reason, but he decided he would see if they wanted his help. Actually, he would just stay. He went out to find whoever was in charge. As he stepped off the ship he saw Lara. He went over to her and cleared his throat to get his attention. Then he started to talk before letting her say anything. "Hey. I did some thinking. It sounds like you do some dangerous things for the rebels. You need some protection and a fast ship all the time. You won't be able to find anyone better than me and my ship. As of now we are a team. I am going to go and tell the person in charge and ask what they need us to do next." He looked at her to see her reaction and what she thought.

When he cleared his throat, she jumped, looking over at him and starting to smile as he spoke. She couldn't help but be thrilled at the fact he wanted to stay, and she took his hand before starting to lead him away without a word. Finally, they got to where Mon Mothma, the appointed leader of the Rebels before she smiled and spoke to her.
"This is Arden. He wants to help us defeat the Empire."
"Is that so? How did he get here."
"He's the one who smuggled me here."
"Hmmm. Well, does he have a ship?"
"Yes."
"You can leave us, Lara. Go find your base leader and have them show you your room. Arden will most likely be joining you shortly."
She bowed slightly, smiling at Arden slightly before leaving the room quickly. She found Korvas, and he showed her where she'd be staying and where her clothes had been moved to. She quickly went off, first taking a long shower before meeting back up with Korvas who was waiting in her room. She was in a tank top and shorts(if you could call them that), and the male laughed as she entered the room.
"What?"
"You're in hardly anything!"
"So what?"
"Well, normally, you cover every inch of yourself."
"Shut up Korvas."
"You like him, don't you?"
'Who?"
"That smuggler."
"Maybe. Why do you care anyways?"
"BEcause, I know smugglers. He doesn't care about us or about you. He cares about the bounty."
"He isn't a bounty hunter. You don't know him."
"And you do?"
"Better than you. I trust him."
"Well, maybe your a fool...."
She grabbed the man and shoved him into the wall, getting in his face as he went wide eyed. She had learned to defend herself quite well since her dancing girl days, since every man that came around tried to force himself on her. She smirked a bit, muttering in huttese before laughing.
"A fool who'll teach you to keep your mouth shut. Now, go."
The man left immediately, the girl laying down on the one bed in the room as she shut her eyes and messed with the blaster she had acquired.

"Now, Arden, if you mean what you say, you'll have to share a room with Lara. Rooms have one bed each, so you two will get very close over the next few days. We have a week until the we attack the Empire and then move to our base on Hoth. If you still want to be a part of this, then go find your room and get some rest. Otherwise, leave before Lara becomes too attached to you."

Arden didn't know what to think when Lara said nothing and just pulled him along. He was confused, but followed along. When he saw an important looking person he smiled and bowed slightly. He let Lara do all the talking. When Lara was sent away he was a little nervous. He didn't know what to expect.

Once Lara had left he looked at Mon Mothma and waited for her to say something. He listened to all she said very carefully. He was surprised that he would be set up to room with Arden. It made some sense though, rooms were probably fairly scarce. The fact that there would be a fight with the Empire surprised him more and made him nervous. He had hoped they would just need him to smuggle some more stuff or people. When she was finished he nodded and left.

He walked slowly to find the room. As he did he thought. Did he really want to stay? He had told Lara he was staying and that they were a team. He couldn't go back on his word. It may be dangerous, but he needed to protect his new friend. He found the room and opened the door, looking inside and then entering.

He spotted Lara laying on the bed. She was dressed in some clean clothes, barely. The girl definitely seemed to prefer skimpy clothes. He would have to get used to it. He rarely spent time around other humans, even less around girls, and almost never was around girls as attractive as her. He knew he would need to control himself around her to avoid awkward situations.

He cleared his throat to get her attention and smiled over at her. "Uh, I was told that if I stayed I would have to share the room with you, even though there is only one bed. I have decided to stick around, even though we will apparently be attacking the Empire. I will have to teach you to use my ship's weapons so I can fly and you can shoot. Anyway, what do you think?"

"You don't have to stay, you know. I mean, this is something I have to do. We need to be at peace. We need the old republic back. But you don't have to at all. If you want to leave though, do it now before you meet anyone and make any attachment. You need to be dedicated to this. You need to know that you could die, and so could I."
She stood up, walking over to him and putting her hands on his chest before shaking her head. Her accent was thicker, the way it seemed to get when she was emotional at all. Her hands were shaking lightly, the girl taking several deep breaths before speaking softly again.
"Don't stay because...of me....Stay because you believe in what we are doing....No matter what that kiss meant to either of us.....But if you do stay.....I'll make sure you don't regret it...."
She smiled at him slightly, one hand movie to his cheek as she pet it lightly. She had never felt this way about a man, and the thought of him leaving made her stomach hurt and her heart slow down. She only had known him for what, a day, but she still felt like she needed him with her, That she needed him to protect her.

"So, decide now. Do you want to be on our side, or do you want to leave and go back to Tatooine."
She looked up into his eyes, blinking slowly as her breathing got shallow. She wanted to hug him and beg him not to leave, beg him to stay and protect her from everything bad, but she knew he had to be here because he wanted to. Because he knew the Empire was wrong and evil. Her hand slid down his neck, and before she did something stupid, she moved away from him and back into the bed. She looked down at her legs, her mind going back to Jabba's palace and how....safe it had been. That sounded odd to most, but there, Jabba killed anyone who tried to touch her. Boba Fett even shot someone that tried to kidnap her. The empire couldn't hurt her, and the men who tried in secret didn't ever succeed. And they met their end soon enough. She laid down on her side, sighing heavily as she traced the wall with her back to him.
"If you're staying, come to bed. If you aren't....then....go now before I try to change your mind."

Arden listened as Lara started explaining that he needed to stay for the right reasons. She had some good points, but he was afraid of confronting the Empire. His old mentor had always taught him to avoid conflict that you couldn't win. To him it didn't seem that the rebels had a shot at completely defeating the Empire. Yet she seemed upset at considering him leaving.

She touched his chest and his face and lookde into his eyes. Some of her words even told him she cared whether he was there or not. He watched her go back to the bed. He thought for a minute if he really wanted to stay. He decided that he did need to help in any way he could. His main focus was keeping Lara safe though. He considered what to do now though. He felt a little wierd sharing a bed with her, but didn't want to go back to his ship in case she thought he was leaving. With a deep breath to calm himself he walked over to the bed and lay down next to her without a word. He tried to get comfortable without having too much contact with her, not wanting it to be too awkward. He checked the clock once he was comfortable and looked over at Lara. "We should get some sleep. It is getting late."

"Yeah, it is. I'm glad you stayed...."
She smiled, taking his hand and making him wrap his arm around her waist as she shut her eyes and smiled. She pulled the blankets up over them both, slowly rolling over to face him as she leaned her head against his chest. She felt warm and safe next to him, and fell asleep within what seemed like seconds.

When she woke up the next morning, she normally would have immediately got out of bed and started her day. But with Arden laying next to her, she couldn't leave. She ran her hands over his chest slowly and lovingly almost, sighing softly as she shut her eyes again. She didn't ever want to leave his side, even though she knew her feelings were so wrong. But it felt so right with him. She laughed at herself, finding it sort of funny that before him, she though every man was a pig and couldn't stand any of them. Sure, she was nice, but only to be friendly. Anything they wanted other than conversation would never happen. But with him....he could try anything and she'd probably let him. The kiss had electrified her blood and sent it rushing through her veins. She had felt completely drugged, and she had loved it.

Finally though, she moved out of bed, but not before kissing his lips softly and tenderly.
"Oh Arden....I hope you made the right choice..."
She slowly climbed out of bed, got dressed in a tight black long sleeved shirt and a pair of tight matching pants before slipping her boots on slowly and silently. She didn't want to wake him after all. She made her way from the room, after first leaving a note on the door telling him how to get to the dining hall. Once she got to the hall, she grabbed a plate of whatever they were serving before sitting down and starting to eat slowly.

Arden was glad that Lara seemed happy. He didn't protest when she made him hold her. She covered them both with the blanket and lay close. He felt a little nervous, but also enjoyed it quite a bit. He relaxed after a minute and once she was asleep. He still held her and it felt comfortable. Soon he was asleep as well.

His dreams were a mix of being very nice and unsettling. In a couple there was no war and he didn't have to worry about Lara's safety. What would have been confusing if he had remembered any of them would be that Lara was still there by his side. At that time he would have consciously thought that if she didn't need him there he would go on his own again. The other dreams made more sense, but also more intense. They involved battle and often Lara was in danger. In most of them he was able to protect her, but in the one that woke him she had been killed. He nearly leapt out of bed. The intensity of his worry and emotion from the dream was surprising. He felt the emotion and fear and tried to remember what he had been dreaming. It didn't work. The dream quickly faded from memory. He sat in bed and sighed, quickly calming himself down.

He looked around and saw that Lara was gone. He found her note and read it, memorising the instructions to the dining hall. He was already dressed so he simply left the room and walked off to get some food. He got the plate and then looked for Lara. When he spotted her he smiled and walked over to her, sitting across from her. From the look of her plate she had not been there for long. He took a bite of food and then looked back at her once more. "Good morning Lara. I hope you slept well. I hope it was not too awkward sharing a bed with me. If so I can always sleep on my ship."

"I slept better then I have in such a long time. It was...nice..."
She smiled and ate some more of her breakfast , shutting her eyes after several moments before glancing up into his eyes.
"How did you sleep? I mean, did I bother you? If you want to sleep in your ship, you can, but I liked it."
She finished her food, sighing softly as she thought about what the next week would include. They'd have to go through how to work the guns on his ship, but that didn't have to happen just yet. They definitely had three or four days of just quality time together, and that made her sort of nervous. She was starting to get feelings for him, more so then before. It was like the more she was around him, the more she needed him with her. She didn't like feeling so dependent on him, but she couldn't help it.

"What do you want to do today anyways? I mean, I thought maybe we could just relax, but it's up to you. Whatever you want to do is fine with me,"
She laughed softly, pushing her plate over a bit before getting up and taking it towards the kitchen. As she walked away, her hips swayed slightly, the girl dropping her plate off before making it back to him. She sat down next to him this time, leaning her head on his shoulder as her hand moved to his thigh. She rubbed it slowly, not being very sexual but sort of letting him know that she was into him. Her hair fell in her face, the girls eyes shining out from under the curls as she looked up at him.
"So, what do you feel like doing?"

Back
Top Bottom