Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sandcastle Builder - If you liked Cookie Clicker, Candy Box, A Dark Room...

Trygon

Supernova
First, click this link: http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/castle.html

There, now you're committed. Hope you don't like turning your computer off at night.

I'm a big fan of this genre of incremental/idle games. My internet drops rather often and requires manual reconnect, and having a window immediately available to distract me while that processes is good for my heart. That being said, they don't last me long. I'm unabashed about using XMouse to turn my scroll wheel into left click, and my logitech mouse with free-spinning option trivializes most of these games instantly.

Not this one, though. This is a game about time, and here's the first surprise. It's an incremental that's actually ABOUT something. The story is xkcd's 'time' comic, with a game built around it. The game progresses slowly. I've been at it for... Over a month. What's worth noting is the progression evolution - Instead of simply bigger and bigger numbers (Though there is that), the game moves through phases. You start digging sand to build castles. Then you get tools to dig sand for you, and then tools to build castles directly. Then you unlock boosts which cost castles, and later sand, too. Eventually the tools cost too much to buy, but that's fine, because your sand/castle production will 'break' the game, being rendered as simply 'Infinite'... And then you realize that there's achievements for breaking the stores and production, and a way to use a new material, glass... Wiki-diving has shown me that there's a resource I haven't even cracked yet - Dragons. Apparently you can make them fight?

I won't get too far into it, because this is actually a good game, worth playing, if you have a few months of idle time to dedicate.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help - The game can be played a lot faster then I did, but the text is somewhat impenetrable. Don't worry about making mistakes. It's all trivial eventually.

Back
Top Bottom