Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are YOU listening to? v2.0

God, Josh is such a talented songwriter. Said this song was written as a response to being put in a months long coma after dying for a few minutes on the operating table for a leg surgery and then coming back to life.

As for the song I'm currently listening to...

A Real Life by Greek Fire - The link goes to an animated video which is where I first heard the song and I absolutely love the video so go check it out :)

As for a song inspiring roleplay... sort of. I mostly get inspired pictures wise when it comes to RP but I do have some exceptions and I'll use this song as the example.

Voracity by Myth & Roid (Overlord Season 3 Opening Song)

For context, I have been using a few songs to inspire a Superhero style story. In this world there are of course all sorts of people from Grade 1 to Grade 5. 1's being the lower tier of powers, things that are close to what a peak human can do but nothing too overpowered (Example: They may be able to pull push a fully loaded semi truck down the street after the engine gives out but cannot lift the semi truck over their head and throw it around. Or they can run a mile faster than an Olympian but cannot break the sound barrier running) and 5's essentially being Superman, demigods, world ending supers. They are heavily monitored, with those of higher tiers often times being killed or captured so they do not use their abilities to harm others.

The song above inspired the character of 'Voracity' (Yes I was using the song names as placeholders hush XD) who was going to be a villain of the setting. Essentially she was a psychopathic killer who, as you can guess, enjoyed eating her victims. She had the ability to consume anything and a hunger far beyond what we can understand (or so she says) and as you can guess her favorite food is of course, humans. However at one point in her backstory she had killed this random guy and was beginning to consume him when he just suddenly, was not dead. Yeah turns out he had essentially the super healing factor of characters like Wolverine. As such even though she ate him with all her might he kept coming back which she took less as a problem and more like her birthday and christmas rolled into one. Whenever she thinks back on that time she becomes to aroused it is rather unsettling. Essentially this man became her all you can eat buffet as little by little she tortured him by eating him, with his healing factor seeming to beat her again and again in her attempts to eat him. Eventually though... she won, consuming him fully and well somehow gaining his healing factor.

Yeah as you can guess she was never meant to be used for erotic roleplay aside from the darker rps of course and not for my own use. She was meant to be a villain and one who was made to be an absolute terror as she was psychotic and enjoyed... well enjoying her victims.

Current song: Hope- The Chainsmokers ft winona oak

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLHdxG1KHss&frags=pl%2Cwn

I love using music to inspire posts, characters, or settings. Often times i'll look for instrumental versions of songs to write out scenes or interactions. sometimes the words in lyrics are too distracting for that. Now if the lyrics fit I can write a full scene around the song based on how its playing out in my head.

BTS (Jimin) - Serendipity (And then also Suga's Seesaw while I was writing this.)

As far as song inspiring RPs, for me I generally have songs that inspire characters or events within RPs, rarely the other way around. The one that stands out to me the most is one that I pulled from the concept of BTS' Blood, Sweat, and Tears MV. To keep it concise, the base plot is about a demon tempting an archangel into falling, and it kind of documents the angel's deterioration; I'm still kinda picking at details, but I think it could be an interesting idea to play around with.

Back
Top Bottom