Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Work in Progress

Vivid Fizz

Supernova
Part 1:
001-5-1.jpg

This is the sloppy copy of the tattoo that my friend asked me to design for her. She wanted a lopsided heart with a steampunk flair. I used gears and stars (she wanted the stars) as a major motif. Originally I was just going to use the canvas material and brass ribbing on the wing but that, too, was integrated into the rest of it. I even added charms hanging down from some canvas, but I am debating keeping that feature or not; I think it is on the borderline of looking too asymmetrical. I intend to clean up the center quite a bit by making the ribbing thicker; putting the gears in the background. The sketch is a little dark for a really workable sloppy copy. I had to use a mechanical pencil because I lost my sharpener. The next step will be an inking job.

whoa, very nice design, I can't make out the details very well in this screen, but for what I see on the general design it's looking great so far !

Part 2:
002-3-1-1.jpg

I was actually able to talk to the girl who wanted the tattoo before I got to ink it, so there won't be ink yet. Anyway, I thinned out the wing so it was almost halved. Instead of the canvas drop down for the charms, she wanted a swirly thing instead. I also added some different charms on to it, like a skull & crossbones and a crown. I cleaned up the middle a little and things are better defined than the previous sketch.

Back
Top Bottom