Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tales of the Meridian Society! (TheCorsair, Madame Mim)

Sam was trapped somewhere between frustrated and amused by the situation. Oh, not the endless round of listening at and then opening doors. That was a standard attempt at a discrete search. No, she was frustrated by needing to let Erik take point, and amused at the way he kept glancing to make sure Colin was behaving. And charmed by the way her husband was trying to protect her as well.

“And what do we do if we find them," he murmured, "and it is nothing more than an illicit rendezvous between two consenting adults?"

“We apologize,” Colin answered dryly. “And we assure them that we chose the wrong room, and that discretion will be out watchword.”

There was no sound at the next door. Sam nodded, and Erik opened it a crack. The guest room beyond proved empty, and he pulled it shut. “Y’reckon they’d believe us?” Sam asked. “‘Bout discretion, Ah mean?”

“Of course,” Colin replied. “They would, no doubt, assume we were seeking privacy for similar reasons.”

Sam wasn’t sure what was worse - the way Erik’s back stiffened at the suggestion, or the way she felt a blush crawl up her cheeks. Damnit! She didn’t blush! “Hadn’t thought o’ that,” she mumbled. “Mebbe we shoulda split up different? Me an’ Anne Marie? An’ all th’ fellahs together?”

Colin chuckled. “This is Paris, Sam. They’d draw that conclusion regardless.”

-*-

Algernon crouched before the door, peering through the keyhole. It was hardly dignified, but the locks were large enough to make such behavior highly educational. Nothing appeared to be moving within, so he extracted his copy of the master key. “The Trefoil Room,” he remarked, answering Kieran’s unspoken question. “The suite Monseur le Presidente is always given when he guests here.”

There was a click as he unlocked it. “The obvious place to look first, I think.” Replacing the key, he drew a slim heat ray of brass and crystal. “Be ready,” he murmured. “Just in case.” Then he swung the door open.

There was no just in case.

The President of France lay sprawled on his back on the bed, naked and unmoving. A silver hatpin pierced his chest, the head worked on the shape of a lily. Incongruously, he clutched an envelope in his hand. Frowning, Algernon slipped on a pair of thin kid gloves and slipped it from the dead man’s grip. “It is addressed to you,” he said, frowning deeper as he presented it to Anne Marie.

To someone who didn't know her, Madame LaMonte's face remained placid and undisturbed. But Kieran did know her and saw the muscle in her jaw working. This Madame Fleuriste person was going to die, Anne Mare would be certain of that. Her jaw clenched harder as her eyes moved across the paper and tiny crinkles slowly appeared in the paper as her fingers held it more and more tightly. With a sharp movement she lowered the letter down to her side and jutted her chin out a little.

"Bon." She turned on her heel and strode briskly out the door and down the hallway.

With a glance at Professor Swift, Kieran followed her out then jogged down the hallway to catch up to her. "Madame, what's it say? Madame LaMonte..." He skipped a few steps to get in front of her, forcing her to come to a quick halt. "Anne Marie talk to me." Without a word she shoved the letter at him, but at a glance the pirate only snorted in frustration. "I don't know French!"

She snatched the letter back, as though he had stolen it from her, and translated:

"My dear Marquise de Sévigné, warmest greetings.

I fear I must offer my apologies for my dreadful abuse of your hospitality. I have long been an admirer of yours, and would not have inconvenienced you were it not a matter of the utmost urgency. But, as you most certainly must understand, one takes the opportunities one is given. I hope you will forgive me, and accept my invitation to visit the Jardin Vaux-le-Vicomte and admire the flowers that grow within.

Your most humble admirer,
Madame Lily la Fleuriste"

"Oh." The pirate was left standing in the hallway when Madame Fleuriste brushed past him. Clearly it was a taunt, and he was almost afraid for this Madame Lily la Fleuriste and just how slow and painful her death was going to be.

~*~

When Colin suggested that the three of them might be looking for a room caused Erik to stiffen a little as he opened yet another door, but he didn't look back over his shoulder again. He was aware that he was probably irritating Sam already with that. In front of his torso his free hand clenched into a fist, but after a deep breath or two he slowly uncurled his fingers and closed the door again. New Orleans still hadn't faded from his memory, regardless of how hard he tried to move past it.

"Ja," Erik agreed placidly. "I don't think it would quite matter in which combination we searched, the other party's conclusion would be the same. But perhaps we did find a body, or the wretch in the middle of committing her crime. What then? How do we dispose of a body with a hundred and fifty people downstairs?"

"We wait for them to leave," Anne Marie said brusquely, striding up behind them and causing him to jump. "Monsieur le Presidente will not decompose that badly over the course of the next few hours."

Erik straightened his glasses in an attempt to look as though he hadn't been startled. "I take it you have found the poor fellow then."

"Mais oui. And this." She thrust the letter out to Erik to allow him to read.

"Mein Gott..." He looked up. "But you aren't going, are you? It's a trap."

"Of course it is a trap," she agreed with a shrug. "But I ask you, what more can we do? We invited her and she came; I will not risk the life of another friend for a tete-a-tete which is not a trap."

“With all due respect, Madame LaMonte,” Colin said flatly, crossing his arms, “I believe I speak for all of us when I say like Hell you won’t.”

He drew a deep and braced himself as Anne Marie turned a furious expression on him. “No,” he said preemptively, “it’s not because of some foolishness about you being a woman, or your ‘delicate condition’ or some such rot, it’s because...”

“Because we are a team, and because this is a matter that concerns us all.” Professor Swift smiled as he approached. “Really, Captain Drake, I will assure you that Madame LaMonte understands tradecraft - she is, after all, the one who trained you.”

“I... of course.” Colin bowed to Anne Marie. “Forgive me. I would be furious were my home and hospitality to be violated in such a fashion, and I kept to a conclusion.”

“Right.” Sam passed the nite over to Colin. “But what in th’ hell we gonna do now?”

“We proceed normally,” the Professor replied. “I - with your permission, my dear,” this last directed to Anne Marie, “will notify La Sûreté Nationale of the murder, and ask them to be discrete when they arrive. But it is imperative that we do not cause a panic.”

Madame Fleuriste wheeled on Colin. "If you think--!"

"No,” he said preemptively, “it’s not because of some foolishness about you being a woman, or your ‘delicate condition’ or some such rot, it’s because...”

"Because we are a team, and because this is a matter that concerns us all.” Professor Swift smiled as he approached.

Anne Marie's nostrils flared but she allowed Algie to diffuse the situation by reminding Colin that she understood the situation perfectly well. Not only was she his superior, but she had trained him in the art of international espionage. She nodded tersely when he apologized.

"Of course. Unfortunately the gap of assumptions is a deep and perilous chasm to leap across," she replied tacitly. "Walking into a trap does not mean that I would walk in unarmed or without backup. But sometimes to catch a murderer one must play her game, if only to give her the illusion of control." When Algernon suggested calling the authorities to take the body, she nodded. "Bon. There are plenty of servants passages through which they may take poor Paul so that he will not be seen by the other guests."

"The rest of us probably ought to get back to the party," Kieran suggested, "before we're missed."

"Ja," Erik agreed, taking Sam's hand and beginning to lead her away. "Unfortunately, if Gerta has any ideas about why we have disappeared, she cannot be trusted to remain on her own for very long. She has always been a deplorable secret-keeper."

The four left Professor Swift and Madame LaMonte on their own to notify and deal with the authorities. Halfway to the stairs, however, Kieran pulled Colin down a side hallway and pinned him against the wall.

"We never did finish what we started," he mumbled against his throat as he nipped at it and pulled Colin's zipper down. "Never could resist you in a tux. Or when you were hating me." He grinned and bit Colin's lower lip. "Better when it's both." He groaned when he reached into the captain's pants, curling his fingers around his shaft. "You do know your fiancee's a whore, don't you?"

"The rest of us probably ought to get back to the party," Kieran suggested, "before we're missed."

"Ja," Erik agreed, taking Sam's hand and beginning to lead her away. "Unfortunately, if Gerta has any ideas about why we have disappeared, she cannot be trusted to remain on her own for very long. She has always been a deplorable secret-keeper."

“Yep,” Sam agreed. “But Ah kin always - if Ah have ta - remind her that Anne Marie’d kill her wit’out hesitatin’.” She laughed at Colin’s expression. “Relax. Things probably won’t come ta that.” A hesitation. “Probably.”

“You really think she would?” Colin questioned.

Sam’s reply was a particularly non-ladylike snort. “Colin? Ah’m surprised she didn’t kill you, a couple minutes ago.”

Colin didn’t respond. When she glanced back, neither he nor Kieran were behind them. Sighing, she shook her head. “Those two,” she murmured.

-*-

“You do know your fiancee's a whore, don't you?"

Colin bucked his hips against Kieran’s grip, biting his lip to keep from groaning aloud. “I figured you’d appreciate that,” he growled back, gripping the sides of Kieran’s head and twisting. The two men spin, and now the Pirate was pinned against the wall. “That’s your type, isn’t it?”

His mouth was hot on Kieran’s, his tongue demanding as it forced between the man’s lips. Fuck, Kieran tasted good. He always tasted good, even when he was being an ass.

Especially when he was being an ass.

Colin bucked his hips, grateful that the Pirate still had a grip on him. His hands slid over the man’s shoulders and started working at his tie and shirt. “Me?” he added, dragging his nails over bare skin. “I always preferred you out of a tux.”

"Was that supposed to be a jab at me?" Kieran laughed, a sound that was cut off by Colin's tongue forcing its way into her mouth. He was a little surprised to find that he missed a little how Colin tasted. There was much to be said for sentimentality, he supposed. "Hate me harder, love," he sneered, slowly moving his hand back up Colin's shaft. "Only ever makes it sweeter to hear you beg me to cum in your tight little arse."

The pirate shivered when Colin dragged his nails over his bare chest. That was the thing about men: a lot of them were skittish about using their nails. He stifled a groan and wrapped his free hand around Colin's hip, pulling him against him with his hand on his ass. The pad of his thumb flicked over his head as he bit the officer's shoulder hard enough to bruise.

"Sounds like whores are your type, love." He smirked and fumbled for the nearby doorknob and tumbled in, pulling Colin with him.

By sheer dumb luck they had stumbled upon a bedroom. It looked as though it hadn't been used in a very long time, despite the help coming in to clean. Chains with shackles were attached to the enormous four-poster and a knotted flail laid on the nightstand. Kieran grinned.

"And who says there's no such thing as fate?" He finally retracted his hand from Colin's trousers and pushed him onto the bed.

“Sounds like whores are your type, love." He smirked and fumbled for the nearby doorknob. Colin lit himself be dragged through, tugging at Kieran’s shirt and peeling it from his shoulders.

“I’ve never needed to pay to fuck,” he answered, sliding his hands over Kieran's belt and lower, gripping the contours of his erection. “As you might just remember.”

He had a confused impression of the room as they managed to shut the door and stumbled towards the bed. It was massive, carved of solid oak with posts like small trees. Posts that supported manacles, complementing the flail on the nightstand. Clearly, what he’d witnessed in the billiards room was only a small example of Madame LaMonte’s tastes.

Any speculation about their hostess vanished when Kieran pushed him onto the bed. “And who says there's no such thing as fate?" the pirate grinned.

Colin gripped his shoulders and threw him down into the bed, climbing atop him and pinning him down with his weight. “I did swear that I’d see you clapped in irons,” he agreed, running his hands and then lips over the man’s smoothly-muscled chest. He worked lower, biting a trail over his abdomen and working at his belt. I’m be hand gripped Kieran’s cock as he opened his trousers, lightly exploring his hot, rigid length.

He grinned up at Kieran as he slid to his knees. “Are you going to fight to escape again?” he asked, caressing his scrotum with his lips. Fingers stroked the velvety head of his cock, playing with the precum beading there. “You always ran from our engagements, after all.” Still watching Kieran’s expression he dragged his tongue slowly up the hot length of his cock, then took just his head into his mouth.

Kieran smirked. "Not paying for it doesn't mean they're not a whore," he countered before adding thoughtfully, "Or maybe your the slut. I mean, that's pretty much the only thing she and I've got in common." He pushed Colin onto the bed, but the officer got the jump on him and took him down with him.

"I did swear that I'd see you clapped in irons," he mused, bringing his lips to his chest and slowly working his way down.

The pirate smirked. "What's stopping you then?" he challenged.

There was something wrong with the room, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it. The manacles were the obvious; she'd punched him in the jaw once when he'd attempted simple rope, and had spent the rest of their therapy session fetching ice and apologizing to him. But that afternoon in the billiards room seemed to provide some evidence for Madame LaMonte having changed her mind on that account. Colin Yearwood came to mind for some reason, though he couldn't think why. His mind was too clouded with lust to properly remember the night he'd pulled her over a stool and it was all fun and games until his first mate had left welts across her ass and thighs with his belt. They hadn't taken her protests seriously and she had come very close to murdering both of them when Kieran had finally let go of her wrists.

But Kieran didn't think of how the flail might be out of place with what he knew of Anne Marie's tastes. Only how Colin might react to the rope falling across his back.

The pirate groaned and bucked against Colin's hand. He made a noise of irritation when he implied that he was a coward and tried to make a reply. But at that moment Kieran gasped when Colin dragged his tongue up his shaft and sucked gently just at his head.

"I've told you before, love," he gasped, "that there's a difference between running away and tactical retreat." He slid his fingers through Colin's hair. "But I happen to have you just where I want you," he pushed on the back of Colin's head gently, "and resistance would be unwise." His hand curled into a fist in his hair. "You might pretend, but I see the real you. Now suck cock like the slut you really are."

“You think you have the upper hand?” Colin replied, gently nipping the smooth skin of Kieran’s hard shaft. “Just because I’m on my knees?” His tongue caressed the pirate’s length as one hand cupped his scrotum and softly played with his balls. The other wrapped around his shaft, stroking up and down. “But who’s the real slut? The man sucking dick, or the man demanding it?”

His lips closed on Kieran’s head once more, slowly sliding down his length until he reached his hand. Then he sucked, tongue playing over soft skin, hand stroking up and down against his mouth. Fuck, he always tasted good. That was the worst part. Kieran was a rake and a good for nothing, but he was hotter than hell.

Colin opened his mouth wider, relaxing his throat as he took Kieran’s full length. The feel of the man’s head stretching his throat was slightly uncomfortable, but still amazing. He swallowed, grinning at Kieran’s sound of pleasure as the action squeezed his shaft. Swallowing again he massaged his balls and let his free hand grip Kieran’s hard ass.

“I think,” Colin said, letting Kieran’s spit-slick meat slide from his lips, “that if you’re going to demand to be sucked off like a slut, you should demonstrate.” He ran his tongue up Kieran’s length again. “I think you should have my cock in your mouth when you cum.”

"But who’s the real slut?" Colin asked. "The man sucking dick, or the man demanding it?”

"I'm not the one with a fiancee waiting for me downstairs, love," Kieran groaned.

He sighed in pleasure when Colin wrapped one hand around the base of his shaft and took the rest of his length in his mouth. He had missed this. When the officer finally slid his lips all the way down, pressing him into his throat, Kieran gasped and his shaft throbbed. God how he hated him! Over the past year he had distracted himself with beauties from all over the world and discovered pleasures he'd never even dared to dream of, but none of them--not even that little Thai twink--had been quite as good at sucking cock as Colin Drake. No one ever quite lives up to your first, he supposed.

"Fuck..." he gasped softly. He held Colin's head down with both hands, his aching shaft throbbing in his constricting throat when he massaged his balls with one hand and gripped his ass with the other. He made a noise of protest when Colin came up, but knew better than you push it.

"I think,” Colin said thoughtfully, “that if you’re going to demand to be sucked off like a slut, you should demonstrate.” He ran his tongue up Kieran’s length again, eliciting a gasp of pleasure. “I think you should have my cock in your mouth when you cum.”

Kieran laughed. "It has been a while," he taunted, "if you really think I'd do that of my own volition." Of course he would have gone down on Colin in a heartbeat and they both knew it. The man tasted so damn good, especially when they weren't supposed to be doing something like this. But the manacles were already there; it would be a shame for them to go to waste. "What're you gonna do, force me?" He laughed shortly and pressed his hips up so his head pressed against Colin's lips. "I'd like to see you try, faggot." It was always better when he was pissed off, always had been.

“Faggot?” Colin snapped, squeezed by Kieran’s length in his grip. “Big talk from a man that begged me to bend him over a table and bugger him raw.” He seirled his tongue around Kieran’s velvety-smooth head. “What do you call a man that likes getting fucked by a faggot?”

With a lightning quick little Beg he grabbed one of the manacles and clamped it around the pirate’s wrist. It was an old-fashioned kind, using a pin instead of a key, but it would serve. Getting the second on was harder, requiring him to wrestle Kieran’s arm into place and pin him down as he closed it around his wrist. Harder, but more fun. The feel of Kieran’s well-muscled body strainingvagainst him was delicious.

“Now,” he pantrd, straddling Kieran’s chest. Fuck but he looked good, chained down at his mercy. “Now,” he repeated, gripping a handful of dark hair beneath n one hand and his own cock in the other. “You’re going to suck this faggot’s dick, you hear.” He scooted firward, smearing Previn on Kieran’s lips. “Suck it good, you hear me. Suck it well enough, and maybe I’ll let you cum in my mouth.”

The pirate breathed in sharply when Colin squeezed his shaft and throbbed in his grip. "That was once," he groaned, letting his head fall back and loll against the soft mattress. "And as I recall, you were the one begging me to let you. I was humoring you, love."

He was so preoccupied with the pleasure of Colin's hands and tongue that he didn't have time to react when the officer's strong hand snatched his wrist up and clamped it in a manacle. Kieran's cock throbbed again, though he still struggled and wrestled with him as he tried to get the other one shackled. It felt almost like they had before and Kieran was tempted to laugh. But all too quickly Colin had him in hand and was sitting on his chest. God but he ached for him!

"Now," Colin said, gripping a handful of hair with one hand and his own delicious dick with the other. "You're going to suck this faggot's dick, you hear."

"Oh I am, am I?" Kieran smirked as Colin scooted forward and smeared precum on his lips. He licked his lips with a small groan then flicked the tip of his tongue against Colin's head.

"Suck it good, you hear me," he demanded. "Suck it well enough, and maybe I'll let you cum in my mouth."

"I may be the one in shackles, Captain, but seems to me like you're giving over quite a lot of power."

There was a mischievous spark in Kieran's eye just before he took Colin's cock all at once, relaxing his throat to take the hard shaft then swallowing carefully around it. He had spent a number of hours on a lazy afternoon in Spain last summer with a stallion who had taught him a great number of things about pleasing a man that he hadn't known when he was with Colin. He carefully swallowed again, groaned, and pulled his head back. The pirate sucked on his head, swirling his tongue around the very tip, before letting his head fall back onto the mattress again.

"You see," he said a little hoarsely, "I can stay chained up here all the livelong day." He shrugged as best he could with his arms pulled above his head. "But you...well, you can't get off without me, can you." Kieran laughed and leaned his head up again. "I'll bet you still think of me when you're with her. Oh sure, you try to concentrate on your lady love, but her cunt just isn't tight enough to get you off. So you think back and you long for this and you have to concentrate to make sure it isn't my name you cry out in the night...not that she's any passable sort of substitute, of course. You see love, this is really the perfect sort of metaphor: I don't need you, but you can't get off without me." Kieran laughed again and the tip of his tongue darted out to Colin's head. "So maybe if you say please, I'll do you a favor. Hm?"

“Awfully... awfully full of yourself,” Colin gasped out. He was, of course. That arrogance was infuriating, but also sexy as hell. Which summed Kieran up in a nutshell. “Trust me, I’ve gotten off...” he groaned as Kieran’s lips closed on his head. “Off... with her... without thinking... of you...”

Which was true, mostly. Not when he was buggaring her, though. She knew his tastes as much as he knew hers, and she’d use them. Am I as tight as your pirate? Or does he have you like this? Would he have you while you have me, Colin?

“Do me a favor?” He slid back, keeping the head of his cock just out of Kieran’s reach. “Do you think I can’t get myself off?” His fist closed around his shaft, stroking back and forth. His free hand tangled in Kieran’s dark hair. “Maybe I should show you, hm?” He stroked harder, letting himself gasp as he did. “Make you watch me pleasure myself?”

Kieran opened his mouth to say something - something smug or cocky, no doubt - and he took the opportunity to thrust his meat into the man’s mouth. He gasped, feeling the moist heat and slick tongue slide over his length. Leaning forward, he braced one hand on the wall and kept the other in Kieran’s hair. “Suck it,” he growled, rocking his hips against Kieran’s face. “Hard.”

"As I recall, you like being full of me too," Kieran returned before letting his tongue dart out to his head.

His lips closed around his head. Vibrations from the pirate's chuckle moved around his tip as Colin insisted that he'd gotten off without thinking of him. He was sure it was possible and had probably even happened a few times, but the officer had come off sounding like a schoolboy insisting that he did so have a girlfriend, she just didn't go to this school. His friends just didn't know her.

"Of course, sweetheart, whatever you say." The tone was intentionally condescending, designed to get even more of a rise out of Colin. When it came to him, the only thing Kieran enjoyed more than fucking him was pissing him off; why not do both at once?

His intentions seemed to backfire briefly when Colin pulled his meat away, stroking it himself and allowing a gasp. He smirked nevertheless and opened his mouth to point out that he'd only be defeating the purpose of these shackles, but that was when he took the opportunity to shove his entire length into his mouth. Kieran's cock twitched while he briefly choked then managed to relax his throat again. God but he just wanted to throw Colin against a wall and bury his cock in his ass, fuck him raw. That was exactly what he would do before this case was up. He swore it to himself even as he swallowed his shaft.

Suck it,” Colin growled, rocking his hips against Kieran’s face. “Hard.”

Yes, sir! The pirates dick throbbed in need as he obeyed, keeping eye contact as he sucked and swallowed, sliding his tongue around the base of his shaft. His hands were starting to go numb, but he didn't pay that any mind. He tried to slide his head back, to bob his head up and down the officer's shaft, but Colin held his head firmly in place with his fingers gripping his hair at the scalp. God he was hot when he hated him!

Colin dug his fingers into Kieran’s hair, closing his eyes in pleasure as he rolled his hips and fucked the man’s mouth. God, he felt good. Felt good with his balls slapping his chin and his cock sliding in and out of his skilled mouth. Looked fucking good too, he decided as he looked down. Kieran had always been vocal about wanting to be on top, but he sucked dick like a pro.

Colin pulled his dick out again, watching it gleam with saliva. “Not yet,” he growled, rising and moving. The hard muscle of the pirate’s chest slid over his stomach as he turned around, straddling Kieran’s face and staring at his cock. Slowly he ran his tongue up the man’s length, gently biting the velvet skin that covered the iron hardness. He slid his head against Kiera’s lips, and gasped as they parted to take him.

“That’s it,” he gasped, gripping Kieran’s shaft and sliding his hand up his length. “Fuck that cock.” He took Kieran’s head in his mouth and sucked gently. “Get me off.” His tongue swirled over the velvet head, and then he pulled off. “Make me cum,” he grinned, squeezing his fingers tight around Kieran’s base, “and maybe I’ll get you off.”

His jaw and throat ached, but it was worth it. Worth it to watch the malice in Colin's eyes as he gripped his hair and fucked his throat. Worth it to taste him again. Kieran couldn't stand the man, but he supposed there was always something to be said about your first. But when Colin pulled out the pirate made an involuntary noise of protest, attempting to follow but finding his hair still held firmly.

He licked his lips as the officer turned to straddle his face, cock twitching in need when Colin licked up his shaft and nibbled gently at the skin. He'd always been far too good at using his teeth in just the right way. Kieran groaned as he took Colin's cock into his mouth again and slid his tongue in a serpentine pattern along the length of his shaft as he swallowed it again. He inhaled sharply when Colin stroked his throbbing shaft then finally took it between his lips.

“Make me cum,” he grinned, squeezing his fingers tight around Kieran’s base, “and maybe I’ll get you off.”

The pirate groaned and whined, bucking his hips into Colin's hand even as he carefully swallowed around his length. It wasn't enough. He sucked harder and pushed his hips up against Colin again. He was the only man who had ever gotten him on bottom without fighting it the whole time; something he was sure meant something if he ever cared to examine it. But he didn't.

The pirate slid his lips down his shaft and sucked hard on his head before moving his lips away. "I dunno, love," he challenged with a smirk in his voice, "think you still remember how?" Before he could incur any sort of retribution he took Colin's thick shaft back into his mouth all at once.

Colin groaned as Kieran swallowed him, loving the way the pirate made him feel and hating himself for feeling it. The man was a wretch. Untrustworthy and a complete ass. But he was amazing in bed. And out of it, honestly.

“[BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]I dunno, love," he challenged with a smirk in his voice, "think you still remember how?"[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)] [/BGCOLOR]

Fuck. Even knowing what sort of man he was, that word made him shiver. Love.

Damnit.

“Oh,” he replied as casually as he could, even while his hips rocked against Kieran’s mouth, “I think I remember.” He explored the man’s velvety head with his thumb. “But you’re talking too much.” His fingers circled Kieran’s base and squeezed, then he swallowed thick cock and groaned in pleasure at the taste. “You... should be... making... me... cum...”

"Mmmm..."

Kieran pushed his hips up as Colin swallowed his shaft. His dick throbbed in his mouth as he dug his heels into the mattress, pushing to fuck his throat. God how he longed to bury his cock in his ass! But the more likely scenario of swallowing his cum was, strangely, equally as appealing and he redoubled his efforts. If only there were a way to stop the fucker's hips from moving...

With some experimentation the pirate found he couldn't move his arms very much, shackled as they were, but he could still move them. Far enough that he was able to grab Colin's ankles and pull them up toward the head of the bed. It wouldn't stop him from rocking his hips against his face, but at least he wouldn't have as much leverage. Kieran held tight to his ankles while redoubling his efforts, sucking hard at the base of his cock and swallowing slowly, carefully around his shaft.

The feel of Kieran’s struggles with the chains sent a thrill of lust and power through Colin, one compounded by the feel of hard hands gripping his ankles. The grip made it harder to move, but allowed the pirate to work his cock more freely. And while Kieran might be a bastard, he certainly knew how to suck a dick.

Colin moaned, digging his nails into Kieran’s thigh as he felt his balls tighten. “Not... not bad...” he grunted, running his tongue up Kieran’s shaft and around his head. “Not at all.” Then he lowered his mouth onto Kieran, making a low sound of pleasure as the flavor and heat of his erection filled his mouth. His head worked up and down, lips meeting his hand as he swallowed Kieran again and again, craving the sounds of pleasure he felt around his own dick as he did.

He uttered a grunting cry as he climaxed, stifling the sound by filling his mouth and thrust with Kieran’s erection as he did. His hands gripped the pirate’s hard ass and cupped his scrotum, throat milking his cock as he emptied his cum into Kieran. Then he slid up, hand leaving Kieran’s balls to grip his slick shaft, urgently pumping him as he sucked greedily at his head.

Not bad! Feh! He'd show him not bad!

The pirate's tongue swirled around his head before he took his shaft whole again. He tried to muffle his own sounds of pleasure, but the vibrations moved up Colin's shaft as he felt him come closer to climax. Kieran choked at first, but swallowed greedily and gratefully as he pumped his throat full of cum. The pirate wasn't far behind, unable to quite control himself as well while swallowing all that Colin would give him. He did have the presence of mind to pull away so as not to choke when he gasped at Colin's lips sucking at his head. As he came his seed filled his mouth, dripping onto his lips while the pirate dug his nails into his ankles.

"Drake!" Kieran gasped, panting and letting his head fall onto the mattress. Even without putting any weight on his legs he could feel them shaking. "God Colin that was--"

"When you are quite finished," a cold voice cut him off from the far corner of the room, "the authorities will be here shortly. Frauline Stolle is also beginning to ask difficult questions of a different nature, but in all honesty I do not blame her for wondering where her date has gotten off to." Madame LaMonte leaned against the doorway, arms folded across her chest. The muscle in her jaw was going again.

"Anne Marie--!" Kieran spluttered, suddenly embarrassed. No one had ever caught him with another man before, no one who mattered anyway. He flailed helplessly against the chains, unable to meet her gaze for fear of withering immediately beneath it. "We were just--"

"You knew better, Captain Shane," she said sharply, with a queer note of disappointment. "I have asked you before not to wander the East Wing alone. Keys ought to be in the night stand to your left." Madame Fleuriste turned on her heel and shut the door with a snap. Brusque footsteps could be heard retreating back down the hallway.

"Shit..." Kieran stopped struggling and instead fell limp beneath Colin.

The pirate wasn't privy to all of the secrets of Anne Marie LaMonte's life. What he did know he gained only from hints and insinuations, such as Professor Swift's strict regimen as a mentor and the unhappiness of her marriage. It had only been when she was mostly asleep and very drunk that she had mumbled the two-word truth about the scars he had traced on her back so many times: Monsieur LaMonte. And although he had visited a number of times, she had always asked him not to enter the East Wing unaccompanied. With his eyes adjusted to the dark and clearer without the film of lust the pirate noticed details he hadn't before: the way the room had the feel of a museum, the frilly dress tossed over a chair, the dark stain across said dress...the cold realization of where they were and what they had done--what he had done--dropped onto him all at once.

"We need to leave," he sighed while waiting for Colin to find the keys. "Now."

The cold fury in Madame LaMonte’s expression crushed any lingering arousal that Colin might have felt. The door closed, and he was scrambling for the keys as Kieran spoke, suddenly anxious to be gone from this room. Perhaps even from this house, because he didn’t want her to ever look at him like that again.

“That... what was that?” he asked, unlocking the cuffs. “I’ve never, no. Skip it.” Tossing the key back in the drawer, he began tugging his pants back on. “Whatever that was about, you’re right. We need to leave now.” He fumbled at the buttons of his shirt. “Do you think finding another place in which to stay would suffice? Or do we need to flee the country?”

-*-

Sam sipped a ginger ale from a champagne flute, wishing she could have something stronger. Earlier she hadn’t allowed herself to drink, because she needed to be unimpaired as she worked. Now she couldn’t drink, because she might let slip the secret of what had happened to the goddamn President of France.

“Goddamnit,” she muttered. “She was righthere. Ah fuckin’ talked ta th’ bitch, an’ Ah still missed her.”

“What was that?” Gertrude asked, curious.

“Nuthin’,” Sam replied. “Jes’, these parties always drag on a few hours longer’n Ah like.” She watched Anne Marie sweep down the stairs, features carefully controlled but tension visible in her carriage. Combine that with Colin and Kieran’s absence, and... “Wonder what them two are up ta?”

“Probably having sex,” Gertrude remarked.

Sam sputtered into her drink. “What?”

“You needn’t look so shocked,” Gertrude laughed. “Colin told me about his tastes, after he proposed. He felt it was important he be honest. And it was clear from watching them that Captain Shane was a previous object of his affections.”

“But... What?” Sam managed.

Gertrude smiled. “I may not be a Mexican Ranger, but I am quite aware of people.”

"You may be able to get away with finding a hotel," Kieran said as he tied his shoe, "but I should probably flee the continent." Without further deliberation, the pirate strode briskly out. He wanted to be rid of everything about the situation, Colin included.

~*~

"Are you really, Gerta?" Erik rejoined the ladies with a champagne flute of gingerale. He was, if he was honest, not terribly fond of the two being alone together for very long. He didn't want another incident like Berlin, engagement or no. "What a surprise and relief. I had started to worry for a moment that your predilections for gossip might get someone into trouble again." He smiled pleasantly. "Well, wherever Captain Drake has gotten to I do hope he is well and returns soon; it wouldn't be good to leave you bored for too long." He took a sip of his drink while movement caught the corner of his eye. A discreet glance and he caught Sam's elbow. "Schatze I believe we are needed again. If you'll excuse us, Gertie. I'll direct Captain Drake your way if we find him."

In the hall a tearful Anne Marie was meeting with the gendarmerie. "...an assassin," she was sniffling in French as the police took her statement. "Oh my poor Paul! Who would do this to such a sweet man?"

"He was the President, Madame," the officer taking her statement replied. "He had many enemies."

"Oh but he only had the good of the country at heart!" she protested through her tears. "Surely the people must know that?" She dabbed at her eyes with a handkerchief.

The officer was clearly having difficulty biting his tongue. "Well, we shall see. The investigation will likely uncover the motive."

She nodded. "Bon. And I hate to sound callous but would your men mind taking the servants' passages? There's a party you see, and..." She gestured vaguely back to the ballroom. "Monsieur Bernard can show you the way."

"Of course, Madame." He clicked his heels and bowed before following the head butler with several of his men.

Professor Swift stirred from his corner as Inspector Ganimard signaled his men and followed the Butler. “We’ll need to be cautious,” he observed. “The Préfecture de police de Paris has, not unexpectedly, sent one of their best men. There is a chance that your prior identity could be discovered, so we will need to work quickly.” He paused. “And discretely.”

Pausing, he examined his pocket watch. “Particularly around Samantha. I almost regret taking up her education in the art of observation and deduction now, because she could prove to be a genuine liability to us.”

There was a click as he closed the watch and tucked it away. “She should be here soon, and Erik. Captain Drake as well, if he can be distracted from his fiancée. And Captain Shane, if he can be distracted from his womanizing. Shall we invent a wild goose chase for them to pursue, as we tend to this matter?”

"My dearest love," Anne Marie said, dabbing carefully and her makeup and sniffing as she recovered from crying, "do you really have such a low opinion of me as to think that I would allow the authorities--or indeed anyone--into my home without ensuring that any clues to my identity will never be found?" She smiled gently and kissed his cheek. "Discretion is my middle name, mon amour. I was trained by the best, and I do not intend to let him down now. Besides, the Préfecture may have sent their best man, but I'm not certain even the great Monsieur LeCoq would be able to solve this one." She smiled and winked. "Especially if we are even more cautious than usual."

"Particularly around Samantha," he added as he studied his watch. "I almost regret taking up her education in the art of observation and deduction now, because she could prove to be a genuine liability to us.”

"Mm." Madam Fleuriste pursed her lips momentarily and tilted her head in agreement. "It would be a shame if she forced us to neutralize one of the most valuable assets to the team. We shall keep a watchful eye on her, make sure she hasn't sussed anything out. And I shall endeavor to reaffix the mask. Your child makes it awfully difficult sometimes." She smiled and kissed his cheek again.

"She should be here soon," he replied, "and Erik. Captain Drake as well, if he can be distracted from his fiancée. And Captain Shane, if he can be distracted from his womanizing. Shall we invent a wild goose chase for them to pursue, as we tend to this matter?”

"Indeed," she agreed. "I fear I may have lost control of my emotions a little, and they have seen my true fury at the nerve of this brazen hussy. On top of that, I've recently caught Captain Shane with one of his paramours in the East Wing. In his room." Anne Marie pursed her lips again. "Therefore I've not been thinking clearly this evening, I'm afraid. They wish to accompany me as back up when I go to confront her. Shall we let them?"

“In... his room?” Algernon frowned. “He’d have no reason to understand why you would... disapprove of such a thing. And yet, yes. Hardly a thing one would consider acceptable.” Still frowning, he considered Anne Marie’s final question.

“I think,” he said slowly, “that it would appear suspicious if you were accompanied by all of us. Samantha might do so, of course, as you have been making a point of introducing her in society. And Erik as well, as it would be perfectly reasonable for him to accompany her. But Kieran or Colin? Or myself, for that matter?” He chuckled, shaking his head. “Clearly, we have no close connection with you.”

Lost in thought for a moment, he stared out the window. “No. We three shall have to arrive by coincidence, I think. And in disguise, to make it more difficult to identify us. Our imposter this evening knew me by sight, after all. Well enough to discuss the books I have written.”

Back
Top Bottom