Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bring on the Smash

Star Pupil

Old soul
October 3rd....Smash Brothers 3DS comes out. I'm going to download it as soon as I see it in Eshop.

Of course, once the Wii U version is out...I'm not going to touch it unless someone asks me to.

Good move on Nintendo's part...they made like 100 dollars on this game from a lot of fans that aren't patient enough to wait.

Yes! So stoked! I traded in my old system and a couple of games yesterday to get one of the new special smash-edition 3DS systems. I also have both versions pre-ordered and paid for.

Nice!

I had to retire my Fire Emblem 3DS for the red Smash DS XL. It's so good. Definitely glad I spent the 199. Beautiful system.

I have a physical 3DS copy preordered for my boyfriend. I am downloading it since it's silly to have two hard copies of one game. But once we pick it up I'm putting down some money for the Wii U version to preorder that.

Awesome! We'll have to get some BMR Smash brawls going at some point! So who does everyone plan to 'main'? I usually main three characters in any fighting game, myself, that way I can focus on getting really good and mastering my selected fighter(s) quickly while having some variety to choose from when playing competitively or with friends to keep it fresh and fun. I already have my 'mains' chosen for this game and cannot wait to get into it.

Primary Main ~ Lucina

Roy became my favorite character in Super Smash Brothers Melee, despite having never heard of the Fire Emblem franchise prior to that game (Smash Brothers has brought so much exposure to great Nintendo Franchises that America has never seen before). His immediate removal in Brawl was a sad blow, but I changed this 'main' slot to Marth and adapted to the more speedy fighting style of the same moveset. Now, having played Fire Emblem Awakening, I am super stoked to see one of my favorite, if not my favorite, characters from that game on our roster for the new games. Number one main, for sure.

Runner-Up Main (1) ~ Link

I've been a Zelda fan ever since playing my first Zelda game back on the SNES, A link to the Past. Link has always been my secondary main through this entire series of games and that isn't about to change. Link is a great character with a great move pool with above-average ring-out potential. Cannot wait to pick up my copy of Hyrule Warriors tomorrow!

Runner-Up Main (2) ~ Zero Suit Samus

Samus was my main in the original Super Smash Brothers back on the N64. She has always been a solid character, but I felt that she always lacked the speed and finesse that I normally like in fighting games. Her hardest-hitting attack takes a while to charge up, after all, and without that charged shot her ring out potential is kind of small. In Brawl, when it became possible for Samus to shed her suit of armor, these problems were fixed entirely (in a super-sexy way to boot!). Zero Suit Samus has earned her spot alongside my old Runner-Up Main. Also, full-body suits are sexy as all fuck. That's some serious bonus points, right?

I have to feel out the games first before choosing my mains.

I'm 100 percent sure Toon link will remain in my best character slot.

Snake sadly isn't returning, so I will have to replace him. I'm hoping Palutena will be someone I'm good with.

I like Zero suit, but she fights differently so I'm unsure if I can play her now. Then there is Robin. I love Fire Emblem Awakening a lot and Robin is such an interesting concept. I don't really like Lucina because she is literally Marth for casuals. I read an article about her.

I always select my characters before a game even comes out because I do not pick them based on their ability. I choose my mains based on character design, personality, level of fun that I have playing them, and attachment to those characters from previous games. That's why another character that I have always played consistently through the Smash series has been Jigglypuff. The Puff is such a fun character to play, in my opinion, despite being abysmally shitty compared to just about any other smash character. Despite this, I have probably won more games with Jigglypuff than I have lost. Any character in a fighting game can be a good character in the hands of someone that knows them well.

I'm not good at the game, not bad but not good. So I can never fully use a characters potential. I'm a hacky slashy person. I don't have strategies at all. Ever.

So I have to pick the characters I can play naturally with.

Of course this doesn't stop me from having random matches all the time.

Oh, I'm far from the best around in a general sense. I usually suck at fighting games in general, but I can almost always excel with a few select characters. Outside of those characters, I am usually mediocre at best and usually cannot clear anything above "Normal" difficulty with anyone except for those characters that I have chosen to master. The same is true for me with MOBA type games.

I'm really glad they'll be releasing a gamecube controller adapter along with the console version. If you ask me, it's the only way to smash. :D

Also, don't worry about Snake not getting in. There's still hope for dlc!

Well I know that I will use Megaman, and for sure Shulk, but I figure generally I will figure which players fit my style most, seeing little mac's ground game should be interesting, and duck hunt dog will be fun for a bit at least, but yeah generally I am sure Megaman and Shulk along with most likely Robin will be the three I use the most or guess will use the most.

I was so happy when they announced he date for the Wii U version the 3DS version is great but there is just something about playing it on a console and on a bigger screen.

Well after getting the 3DS version, I have moved on to other games until the WiiU version comes out. I love some of the new game modes and I am definitely hyped for the new Super Smash Bros, but the 3DS screen is too small for a game like SSB in my opinion. The controls also seem a little odd to me as I am used to playing very simple games on my 3DS like Theatrythm. I am not used to actually using the bumper buttons in game play at all.

Just finished unlocking the last few characters, now the real fun begins. At least it'll pass time until WWE 2K15, Alpha Sapphire, Mortal Kombat X, and tax return before I fan get a Wii U and Hyrule Warriors. Sigh, why didn't I reserve one when they were still waiting to be released? :-\

Haven't put in as much time as I would like. The new Persona game and a renewed interest in Street Fighter IV have been keeping me busy.

@Beautiful Disgrace
YES YES YES!!!!!!

I really need to get a Wii-U now. Have the 3DS, but I only was able to play the demo of that version. I kinda need some money to actually buy it...

My boyfriend starved us for two weeks to get our Wii U. Come November 21st I will finally let that go as I play this sweet sweet game.

Back
Top Bottom