Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wii U Love

Ah, Wii U. I have a feeling this system is going to be a sleeper hit in a few years. The internet and world in general has been so eager to bash on this system for not catering to the 'gamer bro' demographic. I'm going to be serious here. Ps4 and Xbone have done absolutely NOTHING to interest me in their over priced shlop. Neither system can offer me anything my PC can't do better. That's not even a jab at being 'pc master race' or some crap. It's just a fact. The two systems are hot garbage. No real exclusives and nothing that would prove to be a better 'console experience' than a PC one.

The Wii U had SUCH a good library despite Nintendo really having to carry it themselves since 3rd party support pussed out instead of actually trying. Seriously. Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly Word (I ADORE THIS GAME SO MUCH), Star Fox Zero (I legitimately do not get the hate for it. I've heard the arguments against it but I just find them weaksauce as Hell), Smash 4, Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Pokkén Tournament (One of the most fun fighters I've played in the last 5+ years), Mario Kart (never fails to be fun), Zombie U (Not an exclusive but works really well on the Wii U, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, The Wonderful 101 and I KNOW there's more I'm missing. Seriously, I've not had a console since the PS2 era that I've payed full price for games. The Wii U is a purchase I'll never regret and found every penny I've put into it way more than worth it.

5+ years from now, people will finally pick up this system and I truely believe will sing a different tune once the 'hate Nintendo' trend dies down and the hate turns onto the NX (If that happens to bomb publicly).

Many will label me a Nintendo fan boy...maybe I am. All I know is Nintendo has been the only company to consistently pump out games that have been genuinely worth my time and money. :I

Alura--x--Uneii said:
I think the hate comes from how Nintendo shuts down fan games like crazy x.x

Oh there's more too it than that, though that's the more common reason for it. I really don't get worked up over closed fan games. I honestly don't find fan games to be all that fun. Once in a while you strike gold with them, but often they are pretty bad. Though to be fair it is within their right to shut them down. People simply don't have permission to be using their assets for any project, for profit or otherwise.

They've been that way for years. It's really only become a hot topic now because the Internet allows that info to be heard instantly. You simply don't mess with the bull in this regard XD

I will say though, I do applaud Nintendo in the two recent instances of outrage. They could have shut those games down forever ago...they gave those games a full 24 hours of circulation before even administering the C&Ds. If they didn't want those games out, they woulda shut them down long ago. It was a win win. They protect their stuff, the fans get their free game. Yet Nintendo is still seen as a scumbag. :I

Alura--x--Uneii said:
Yeah but Sega and Capcom just let fans do what they want, there's the thing. I guess Nintendo just actually care about their stuff.

Honestly, I genuinely believe that's because Sega and Capcom REALLY can't afford anymore bad press right now. With how bad Sega's been doing in general and with Capcom still sorta recovering from the crapshow that was SF5's release and trying to mend fences with some of their other poorly managed IPs, they kinda HAVE to kiss ass right now.

I'm not saying Nintendo isn't being a bit anti-fan with their strong IP protection. On the other hand...they are a company. Not our friends. :s They really like to have full creative control over their stuffs and maintain the image of their IPs and the like.

Back
Top Bottom