Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sims

Mitsu

Supernova
So, the Sims 4 released yesterday! I foolishly bought the game, despite EA's recent business practices, and a rather gloomy forecast of content being cut up into DLC. Guess I just have money burning a hole in my pocket!

Anyway...

This is the house I built in Sims 4!

WARNING: HUGE IMAGES

EAaCAau.png

X4qvLQ2.png

qAEBkbL.png

UfsYsWx.png

Hmm... I haven't really noticed much in the way of bugs. It has run rather smoothly for me so far, and the loading times are much improved.

Trygon said:
How buggy is it?

I'll take cut content if the game will actually run smoothly. LOOKING AT YOU, SIMS 3.

Yeah, Sims 3 has like... What, 200 bucks worth of DLC?

As long as you can stilll build a death camp in your Sims basement, then I'll likely buy it.

Yeah... they'll probably shove that stuff into DLC.

I do enjoy how they got rid of the open world. I've always enjoyed the more focused, single-household thing that the first two games had going on. I'm still iffy about Sims aging, especially when I'm spending too much time with one family. You can turn it off, but it's a shame I won't get to actually experience it much.

TS4 is looking interesting. I'm way behind, though... I'm still playing TS2. Heck, I just got done working on a bunch of custom content for it... I don't think that I'll be switching any time soon. I'd miss all of the content I've downloaded and made. :p

I had made it up to playing The Sims 3, but then rping struck. I joined a rp that started out on The Sims 3 site, and I fried my computer. So I've lost all the game and everything with it. I never put it back on my computer. I guess I'll buy the new one when I have the money for it and a better computer. That is if the new one requires a lot for the computer to actually play the game.

Your house is what I strive to make when I play sims.

I've been playing The Sims 3 since Pets came out and then a while back EA had a promo thing were you could download The Sims 2 and all its extra content EA came out. Got that and my sister plays it. But Sims 4 looks amazing, I can't wait until the price goes down for it so I can buy it.

Blue Hatter said:
TS4 is looking interesting. I'm way behind, though... I'm still playing TS2. Heck, I just got done working on a bunch of custom content for it... I don't think that I'll be switching any time soon. I'd miss all of the content I've downloaded and made. :p

The neat thing about video games is that you can own multiple games at the same time. That being said, I understand that you might find yourself quickly losing interest in the Sims 4, because it'll lack the massive amount of content that you have in the Sims 2. Personally, I cannot see myself going back to the Sims 2, because of visuals, animations, and probably less interesting AI and social interactions.

The following picture kind is a comparison games 2 through 4. The funny thing about the picture is that the guy standing looks really awkward in the Sims 2, but the people sitting look really awkward in the Sims 3.

2.png

AndNich123 said:
I had made it up to playing The Sims 3, but then rping struck. I joined a rp that started out on The Sims 3 site, and I fried my computer. So I've lost all the game and everything with it. I never put it back on my computer. I guess I'll buy the new one when I have the money for it and a better computer. That is if the new one requires a lot for the computer to actually play the game.

These are the "minimum required specs".

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.0 GHz Dual Core required if using integrated graphics)

RAM: 2 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X1300 or Intel GMA X4500

Free Disk Space: 10 GB

If you don't even have a dual-core, 2.0 GHZ CPU, then it's probably time for you to update anyway. The GeForce 6600 was released in 2004, and wasn't even the high end card that year. The Sims 4 was literally made to run on as many computers as possible, following the criticism of how poorly the Sims 3 tended to run.

cupcakemon said:

I've been playing The Sims 3 since Pets came out and then a while back EA had a promo thing were you could download The Sims 2 and all its extra content EA came out. Got that and my sister plays it. But Sims 4 looks amazing, I can't wait until the price goes down for it so I can buy it.

Thanks! It's only the second house I've ever really put any effort into. It wasn't until the Sims 3 that I started to actually make houses with some thought put into them. However, that house is pretty simple anyway. Also, the inside doesn't look quite as good! I'm not good with interior design at all.

-

An issue I have with this game is the lack of clothing. There just isn't enough clothing for my tastes. I can't tell you how it stacks up to the core release of the other titles in the series, but it isn't enough for me.

Mitsu said:
The neat thing about video games is that you can own multiple games at the same time. That being said, I understand that you might find yourself quickly losing interest in the Sims 4, because it'll lack the massive amount of content that you have in the Sims 2. Personally, I cannot see myself going back to the Sims 2, because of visuals, animations, and probably less interesting AI and social interactions.

The following picture kind is a comparison games 2 through 4. The funny thing about the picture is that the guy standing looks really awkward in the Sims 2, but the people sitting look really awkward in the Sims 3.
The graphics in TS4 are definitely better, though honestly you can make some great looking characters in TS2 if you take the time (and probably have some custom content skins, make-up, etc.).

I'll probably pick up TS4 sooner or later... But I'm still enjoying TS2. And besides, I'm not sure how I'd survive without my pervy custom content, and all of the Star Wars custom content I have as well. :p

I often just use TS2 for movie-making as well. I can't say much for TS4, but I dabbled a tiny bit in TS3 a while ago and it didn't seem like making movies with it was quite as easy as TS2.

Mitsu said:
cupcakemon said:

Thanks! It's only the second house I've ever really put any effort into. It wasn't until the Sims 3 that I started to actually make houses with some thought put into them. However, that house is pretty simple anyway. Also, the inside doesn't look quite as good! I'm not good with interior design at all.

-

An issue I have with this game is the lack of clothing. There just isn't enough clothing for my tastes. I can't tell you how it stacks up to the core release of the other titles in the series, but it isn't enough for me.

Lack of clothing and lack of hair always bothered me. Give it about a month and thesimsresource and other sims free downloadable stuff will probably have stuff up. Clothes and hair are ALWAYS the first things I download.

Blue Hatter said:
The graphics in TS4 are definitely better, though honestly you can make some great looking characters in TS2 if you take the time (and probably have some custom content skins, make-up, etc.).

I'll probably pick up TS4 sooner or later... But I'm still enjoying TS2. And besides, I'm not sure how I'd survive without my pervy custom content, and all of the Star Wars custom content I have as well. :p

I often just use TS2 for movie-making as well. I can't say much for TS4, but I dabbled a tiny bit in TS3 a while ago and it didn't seem like making movies with it was quite as easy as TS2.

I've actually put off on playing until I find a blur remover at the very least. Then I'll keep an eye out for different skin textures, and then all of the other fun pervy stuff. The one thing that bugs me more than anything else in these games is that damn censor blur.

The only content outside of "normal" clothes I've ever downloaded was a Jill Valentine outfit. I strove to make a convincing Sim face based on her REmake appearance in the Sims 3. It was a pretty good one, I think, but then my computer died on me. For some reason I had this borderline fetish for making her face in every single game were you could make a face.

cupcakemon said:
Lack of clothing and lack of hair always bothered me. Give it about a month and thesimsresource and other sims free downloadable stuff will probably have stuff up. Clothes and hair are ALWAYS the first things I download.

Yup. I am eagerly awaiting some good meshes. My only problem is that I'm picky and mush have clothing that fits the game. If it looks too good, then it clashes with the aesthetics of the game. If it looks too flat and one-dimensional, then the quality is sub-par.

Mitsu said:
cupcakemon said:

Yup. I am eagerly awaiting some good meshes. My only problem is that I'm picky and mush have clothing that fits the game. If it looks too good, then it clashes with the aesthetics of the game. If it looks too flat and one-dimensional, then the quality is sub-par.

They usually don't take way too long before somebody starts putting it out. I am actually the same way. I want it to look like it came with the game, not something overly flashy. I think the only thing I ever downloaded that was super flashy was tattoos and possibly piercings for TS3. But it has to look like it came from the game.

Here's a pic of one of my sims. She looks dumb mid walk-cycle, but whatever.

yoag50Y.png

She is quite sexy! Unfortunately, I am still enforcing my EA boycott after the sick joke that was the SimCity launch... I do love the Sims, but I can't support EA. Why does such a shitty company have to own such a fun franchise? It's just not fair.

What kind of just and loving God would allow this kind of shit to happen?​

Sadly, you're also boycotting the fine folks that work hard to make the games. EA is just the publisher, so there's a whole legion of hardworking people who probably have real passion for their craft. I respect your decision to not support the products you feel aren't worthy of being supported, but it isn't always so simple as hurting EA.

Also, thank you for the compliment. I feel it's much easier to make attractive characters in this game than compared to the other games.

Oh, I understand that EA is just a license holder and I wish that I could enjoy my games without having to potentially suffer their crap. As it is, however, I'll just have to enjoy this wonderful-looking game through your posts here on the site. You should do a Sims Let's Play and put it on youtube. I'd watch it. Because tat's how little of a life that I have.​

YOUR SIM LOOKS SO PRETTY.

Oh my gods, you're seriously making me want to buy it as soon as I have more money. Because just that snipit of your sim makes it look amazing. Ugh, I'm so excited for it.

Sapphic Valentine said:
Oh, I understand that EA is just a license holder and I wish that I could enjoy my games without having to potentially suffer their crap. As it is, however, I'll just have to enjoy this wonderful-looking game through your posts here on the site. You should do a Sims Let's Play and put it on youtube. I'd watch it. Because tat's how little of a life that I have.​

To be perfectly fair, it is a fine line. Do we continue to support the lousy business practices of publishers at the expense of the people that make the game? There's justification for both sides of the argument. I personally just buy games that I want to buy.

I've occasionally thought of doing some kind of Let's Play. I don't think I have the charisma to make it interesting, so I haven't done so. I cannot stand watching Let's Play videos where the person playing the game has no idea how to actually talk to an audience. Those types of videos are just cringe-worthy. Besides I have no proper audio recording device, and I have no experience in editing; I'm too lazy to learn.

The best I can do is maybe set up a stream if you ever wanted to just watch me while I play.

cupcakemon said:
YOUR SIM LOOKS SO PRETTY.

Oh my gods, you're seriously making me want to buy it as soon as I have more money. Because just that snipit of your sim makes it look amazing. Ugh, I'm so excited for it.

I have two other characters. You can catch a glimpse of them in the house photos. They don't look as good as Maho, though. Regardless, I plan on playing them soon enough, so I'll get some pics up.

I think sims 4 is shit. A waist of money i can't get into it at all.

I'm going to look important with my red font.

Anyway,

I love Sims 3.
I don't have the crashing and glitching problems like everyone else.
I have it modded a bunch too.

Sims 4 is just to replace the glitchy Sims 3.
It's a pretty game but it's just another moneymaker.
Enjoy your game, Ya nerd.

Big fan of the Sims franchise. Despite Sims 4 feeling a little bare-boned, I gotta say I love the more intuative controls and the much improved graphics! And wanted to conpliment you on the house, Mitsu, you've an eye for simplistic beauty. It's modern and chic, very refreshing from the huge mansions everyone seem to love. XD

Anybody here play SIMS Freeplay? Well, I love the game. Some negative comments though would involve glitches where the SIM would be in work attire at normal occassions. I tried changing to sleepwear then back to normal cothes to fix the problem but the event occurs again if I change houses or something.

Back
Top Bottom