Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Internet On Windows ME (Resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shovel

Supernova
Alright so I have been trying to figure out how to connect to the internet on Windows ME. I have no idea what is wrong with it. It connects through a router which is hooked up to road runner. There are other computers hooked up to the router and are gaining internet access. I have ran the internet connection wizard and everything and still nothing. I thought that maybe I should just scrap Windows ME and upgrade to Windows XP. I checked the minimum requirements for XP and the machine should be able to run it. However when I boot to the CD, a blue screen of death comes up and says I need to upgrade the bios in order to install Windows XP. In order to upgrade the bios, I need to get online.

So

I need to get online to update the bios to upgrade to windows xp so I can get online? o_O Uhhhhg. Suggestions?

Re: Internet On Windows ME

The easiest way to get Win ME online is............

Install Win 2000 or newer. Seriously. The reason you can't get online is because it is Windows ME.
You said there are other PCs connected, use one of them to download the BIOS update from your motherboard. You will also want to do a google search on something like your motherboard name plus how to update bios. That should get you some good help on doing it properly. You can fuck your shit up when flashing the BIOS, I've never done it but it's a painless process. I just don't want to instruct you online how to do it lol
So:
1) Get the BIOS update (you should be able to burn it to a CD or diskette)
2) Get the directions on flashing/updating your BIOS
3) DOOO EEET
4) ???
5) PROFIT!

I was going to suggest that, too, but I wasn't sure of the ability to get 7 on there. It'd be a good option, a better one even. Though I dunno if it would overload a Win ME pc

Interesting story. I put the PCI Ethernet adapter into a different port and the internet worked just perfectly. But that didn't stop me from upgrading the BIOS and upgrading to windows XP. The problem has been resolved. Thank you for your advice. :]

lawlz Bad PCI-e slot XD
Sould have prolly asked about that, I didn't even think about old-style e-net cards haha

Glad it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom