Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Back into the world of the living please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veris sighed softly as he woke up, looking around groggily in the squad five barracks, tugging at the bandage wraps around his chest and arm, removing them. "Two days to recover before being sent back to the real world... Some third seat I am." he muttered to himself, still annoyed at the fact that he hadn't sensed the second menos. They wouldn't even let him train in those two days, what was he supposed to do?!

He stood up and stretched, running a hand through his short brown hair before he got dressed. He walked out of the barracks and shrugged slightly, deciding to just walk around the seretei for a few hours, doubting he would run into anyone. His actual freinds were off in other sqauds, second seats, and therefore busy now. "Eh, at least they wont be able to say anything." He said to himself, resting his hands behind his back.

Shuuhei Hisagi was a high ranking officer in the 9th Division. He used to be the fukutaichou to Kaname Tousen but ever since Tousen's defection he had taken control of the 9th Division, not wanting to let its members fall into depression and chaos without a strong leader.

It was during times such as these that they needed someone to reassure them that nothing was going to fall apart and that they were still strong even with the absence of their leader. Shuuhei wasn't ready to take on the title of taichou and didn't even know if those who followed him wanted him as their captain.

But until a replacement could be found he would take care of them, protect them from harm no matter what. But what he didn't expect was how draining such a promise would be and how much work there was between a fukutaichou's duties and a taichou's duties combined.

Soon he was looking a bit haggard because he wasn't used to the work load and eventually he was asked by his division to take a bit of a break for a week and go relax down in the real world. Shuuhei hadn't known what to say because he didn't want to leave his men alone without someone to look out for them.

But the others had insisted that he at least take a break for a few days and finally he agreed. Two days couldn't hurt and he could relax and return to resume his duties. So he put in the paperwork and came out of the 9th Division offices looking a bit more relaxed as he walked down the corridors, his expression lightening a bit.

Veris walked around the Seretei leisurely, occasionally brushing past other soul reapers. He vaguely remembered a few of them, greeting them as was customary. After awhile he made his way into one of the forests, finding the natural scene more relaxing than that of all of the buildings. He sighed contently as he wandered through the forest, eventually coming to a stop. He sat down, adjusting his clothes slightly as he leaned back against one of the trees.

Shuuhei had decided to take a little trip into the forest since he hadn't been here in ages. He used to come here all the time when he'd been in training for the academy but ever since he'd taken on the responsibilities of a fukutaichou he hadn't gotten enough time to relax out in the forest. The young man walked calmly between the dense trees, heading to a certain spot he remembered finding much joy in and was somewhat surprised when he saw that the spot he had been thinking of was currently taken. By another shinigami. "Hey there. I take it you come here to relax too?" He inquired, leaning up against the bark of a thick trunk on the opposite side of the tree Veris was leaning against as Shuuhei watched the other man, wondering where he'd seen this male before. He looked somewhat familiar as though he'd seen him around recently.

He found that now, even when he was relaxed, he was subconciously scanning the area for spiritual pressures, and tensed as one approached. He opened his eyes and looked around. It felt like a soul reaper of at least a second seat level, and seemed familiar to him. He stood up, brushing himself off as he peered around the trunk, staring for several moments.

He blinked several times before finally speaking. "Shuuhei... Shuuhei Hisagi correct? We were class mates though I doubt you remember me after all this time." He said with a laugh as he bowed, the movement causing him to wince, and reconsider wearing the wraps. "And yes, i've been ordered by Lieutenant Hinamori and Captain Unohana to recover for a few days before returning to duty." He said with a sigh, rubbing the back of his head with his good hand.

Shuuhei watched as the other shinigami stood up, brushing himself off as he spoke to him, noting the wince when the other bowed and frowned. Had the man hurt himself recently? He was somewhat surprised when he discovered Veris knew his name and inclined his head slightly. "Hai."

But Veris's next words made things quite clear to him and Shuuhei wondered how he had forgotten the man, yes they hadn't really been that close but he didn't like to ignore anyone. Not unless they had pissed him off in some way and even then he rarely ignored them, preferring to simply act coolly indifferent. "How did you get hurt?"

Shuuhei asked as he let his eyes flicker over the other male briefly and stepped forward to close the distance between them, not wanting to have to shout across the clearing to be heard. He leaned up against the tree trunk that Veris had recently vacated and watched the other who was now very close to him.

They could even be touching if Veris moved the slightest bit towards him. "I'm being forced to take a bit of a break myself." He remarked, letting his eyes drift upward to what could be seen of the sky through the dense branches of the forest they were currently in.

He resisted the urge to shrug, which would have caused more pain no doubt, and simply nodded with a weak smile. "My own fault, I got careless and let my gaurd down. I hadn't even noticed the Menos until it was charging a Cero blast in my face." He said with an equally weak chuckle, his body tensing slightly as Shuuhei moved closer.

His body wasn't completely rigid, but it was apparent he was ready to move in an instant, even if something of the sort would cause just as much pain as anything else. After a few minutes he bowed again, but was able to hide the wince. "Ah, I see. My apologies for disturbing you Lieutenant Hisagi, I know how little time your rank has to themselves." He said as he stretched as much as he could with provoking further injury.

Shuuhei listened as Veris told him he hadn't noticed the Menos until it was charging a Cero blast in his face. "Fighting alone?" He inquired, wondering if he had others with him which could explain why he might have thought he could relax a bit. If he'd been alone though maybe he'd been splitting his attention between the Menos and the other Hollows nearby.

Perhaps it wasn't a question of carelessness but of something else. He shook his head. "No, it's okay. I don't mind the company. Just as long as you're not on my case to do paperwork. Or go to meetings. Or go on missions. Sometimes I gotta relax from the stress of those things." Hisagi explained and let his eyes drift upward to the sky above.

Or what could be seen of the sky from where they were currently relaxing. "You have any plans today?" He inquired, glancing over at Veris.

"Ah, yes... The rest of my sqaud was dealing with hollows in another sector. As I said, I was careless." Veris said, bowing his head. "I hate what little paperwork I have to do now... the paperwork for my injury wasn't my idea of relaxing either..." He murmurred, as he returned to his spot, sitting back down.

"Plans? Not really. The few freinds I had are second or third seats now, and I hardly see them anymore, and I don't quite seem to fit in with the rest of my squad, so I guess i'm just going to be doing this every day." He said with a shrug, then blinked a few times. "Ah, listen to me go on, my apologies." He said with a laugh, shaking his head as he closed his eyes.

He nodded when Veris spoke of doing paperwork for injuries that occurred wasn't his idea of relaxing. That was one of the things that was good about being a lower ranked officer. It meant there was less paperwork to do. Unfortunately, what with Tousen gone.. he didn't have a choice in the matter unless he wanted his division to go steadily downhill like the 3rd Division had. Shuuhei didn't want to say anything bad about Kira but the lieutenant wasn't doing his duty very well at all. Letting his attention return to Veris once more, he nodded when the other said he didn't have any plans at the moment. "Want to go for a bit of a walk with me?" He asked with a smile, wanting to stretch his legs but not really wanting to do so alone.

Veris looked up, tilting his head to the side. "A walk? Uh... sure, lead the way Lieutenant." He said as he got up, feeling slightly off balanced due to his arm, but didn't have too much trouble. "Let me just put these on, it will only take a minute." He said as he turned away, undoing the belt slightly as he opened his chest up to the air. He pulled out a roll of bandages, wrapping it around his chest, with minimum pain from his arm. Once he was finished he redid his uniform, stretching out slightly to test it. "Right then, good to go." He said with a smile

He started off through the woods, taking his time as he enjoyed the scenery. Breathing in fresh air was certainly refreshing he had to admit. "So you come out here often?" Hisagi inquired as he walked, listening in case Veris decided to respond. He hadn't been able to go on any missions lately because he had been taking care of his division in Tousen's absence and although he didn't miss the violence he didn't want to get rusty. What if his aid was required and he failed because he'd been letting himself get slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom