Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Calling All Civilization Fans!

Oh, I've never played against other players before, so I am sure that I will be absolutely terrible. No worries.​

When you get Steam downloaded, add me! You can find me easily in the group.

Finally beat my first game of Civ V! I went for a domination victory, which I achieved easily; I was only playing on chieftain. Very fun game, and highly addictive. I'm going to bump the difficulty up one notch for my next play-through. The thing that surprises me the most is that it's not a highly complex game. The interface makes the game out to be more complicated than it really is. I'm sure anyone could get the hang of it after a few hours, and a few tips.

Domination victory is always either the easiest or the most difficult victory type, depending on how many people are in the game and how aggressive the rest of them are. Low-level AI like chieftains tend to make for easy pickings. I recommend you play a game with the "aggressive AI" ticked before you play with humans, just to develop a habit of being on guard.

Most people also tend to develop a favorite civ over a couple playthroughs. A couple things to look for are which kind of victory you want most to pursue and which era are you most comfortable in, and then pick the bonuses that coincide with the first with unique units at a tech level that coincides with the second.

There are some people that choose to do the complete opposite - picking bonuses that coincide with what the player struggles with most, but 9 times out of 10 it's better to focus on your strengths.

Back
Top Bottom