Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wildstar!

Galactic Fantasia

Planetoid
The launch of Wildstar is now just a month away! How many members of my new role playing community are going to be joining me in this wonderous adventure as we colonize planet Nexus? MMOs are always more fun when you have friends to play them with! I'll never understand the backwards thinking of the people that play MMOs in a solo style...

I have fallen out of MMO's, I mean they're fun when I play with my dad, but I need to get a group I can connect with. I lacked that with most of my games. Except Warhammer Online, that game I got in with a pretty good little guild. I miss that game...a lot. I might try it, but I'm not sure it will work for me. Does the assassin class look pretty good, since I enjoy being a the class of finesse.

To make a long story short? Wildstar is "Every other MMO you have ever played with a new, cartoony, humorous, Sci-fi skin". It does, however, offer a very in-depth and integrated player housing system and a much deeper and interactive crafting system than what any other MMO that I have ever played has offered. If you don't enjoy MMORPGs then it isn't worth a second look. If you do, it's very much worth at least giving a try.

This guy took the words right out of my mouth. Here's an accurate and unbiased review of Wildstar.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twa4hE1I8Hc[/video]​

I'm on the fence about Wildstar... This game sounded awesome but I've been playing the beta for a few weeks and I just haven't been as hooked on it as I had hoped I would. I'm just not having as much fun as I was hoping. I am intrigued by the housing system (which I haven't played yet) as it sounds a lot like the housing system in Star Wars Galaxies, which was amazing, but the rest of the game... I just haven't found anything that really sucks me in. I was really hoping there would be something that grabbed me and made me think "I have to buy this game!" but so far I haven't really found anything like that. Everything I've played so far has been okay, fun, but nothing has made be think "wow, this is really awesome".

I really wanted to love Wildstar, and I still want to love it, and I want to play it, but... so far I just haven't found a good reason to play it. I wish I could, I really do... One thing that is holding me back is the player species, I don't really like any of them, and the bland character customization is another setback for me because I really, really enjoy deep character customization...

I wish that this would have been one of those MMOs where you buy it and than can play for free (albeit with add-ons and such that you might purchase separately), but as it stands I can't find anything to justify a monthly fee... I have no problem paying a monthly free but so far I just can't find a good reason to pay it in Wildstar. Like I said, I really wish I could find a good reason, I'm in desperate need of a good MMO and would love to get into this game... Granted it would probably be much more fun if I had friends that played it but I don't know anyone who plans on playing it, nor do I know anyone who plays MMOs in general...

Back
Top Bottom