Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Coding Idea (Attention mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markova

Planetoid
I don't have a clue how hard this would be as I have never dealt with a forum type of website in my coding experience. But I use notepad ++ for many of my coding needs the nice thing about it is that it color codes open and close brackets and things of that sort. However it does not work for the formatting that the text that this website uses.

For example when we make something italicized in the coding you use it has {i}{/i} (I used a different bracket for this example) Where as if you where to make them <i></i> instead the coding would match up in notepad ++.

The advantage of this would be tremendous for times that people are using spoilers and things of this sort as it would say hey dummy you forgot to close out that last <i> or <spoiler>. I really hope this gets seen and makes sense! As the value if possible would be priceless. Especially since notepad ++ is not only free but extremely easy to learn through youtube. If anyone has questions or wants to talk more about the matter feel free to PM me!

Thanks for your time!
Markova

Because I don't think Notepadd++ catches this type of markup language. most forums or message boards work off a markup language called BBCode or Bulletin Board code. where tags are marked by [] rather than html,C++ etc languages.

here's a link about BBCode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Though its only basic, it gives an answer to your concern and a term to search for more dynamic and advanced information

Thank you for that information. I will likely be able to find a language to plug into Notepad ++ that will work like a charm with that information. I will update for anyone that may be interested if I find some good software to aid those who put alot of time into their messages and other things that utilize the BBCode.

Cheers
Markova

Markova said:
I don't have a clue how hard this would be as I have never dealt with a forum type of website in my coding experience. But I use notepad ++ for many of my coding needs the nice thing about it is that it color codes open and close brackets and things of that sort. However it does not work for the formatting that the text that this website uses.

For example when we make something italicized in the coding you use it has {i}{/i} (I used a different bracket for this example) Where as if you where to make them <i></i> instead the coding would match up in notepad ++.

The advantage of this would be tremendous for times that people are using spoilers and things of this sort as it would say hey dummy you forgot to close out that last <i> or <spoiler>. I really hope this gets seen and makes sense! As the value if possible would be priceless. Especially since notepad ++ is not only free but extremely easy to learn through youtube. If anyone has questions or wants to talk more about the matter feel free to PM me!

Thanks for your time!
Markova

BBCode was introduced as an alternative to allowing html because of all of the xss nastiness that you can do with it. To say nothing of the sort of shenanigans that seamlessly supporting a <spoiler> tag would need.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php?title=User_Defined_Language_Files

While none are listed, it should not be much work to create your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom