Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Please Move the Report Button. (in PMs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

Supernova
I really really don't want to sound like an ungrateful winer, but the new report button is in a bad place.
I am used to clicking the button on the end and i keep clicking report.
if it was between forward and delete, that might be better, although that might mess up some people with it reply being pushed over so maybe put it at the other side under the post?
I just feel the button is in an inconvenient place.

whatever, if they fix it they fix it if they don't they don't but i felt i was in my right to comment on it. or is it wrong for me to voice my opinion?

Trygon, everyone is entitled to their opinion. In no way should you call someone ungrateful or a whiner simply for expressing their opinion and asking for something that is quite reasonable and something I'd asked for as well...

back off and as my mother said, "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"

Chaos, you have no reason at all to defend yourself like this.. it's preposterous. Yes the button is annoying, I agree and thank you for speaking up. :)

Thanks Lingering Desire, I appreciate the support.
It's a good button to have, and I see it's in a perfectly good spot in the forums, but for the PMs it's just not well placed.

I agree with you Chaos, I've found myself hitting the 'report' button numerous times since it appeared in the PM's...at the other end of the row would do nicely.

I just saw this thread and also found it a bit annoying. I myself also pressed the 'report' a million times and found it annoying, which on other hand i do have to agree with Chaos on this. But, maybe it can be useful?

I don't really see the issue, but then again, I always check twice before I post.

If you don't check what you are doing, you are bound to make mistakes. Asking for something to be moved because you can't bother to look to check you're doing the correct thing is your problem, not the other way around. I can see why it's "inconvenient," but it's not that hard to decipher the difference between the two buttons. So as a precautionary measure, look twice. It'll help you out. If it does become a huge problem, a suggestion will be made.

Good lord. Honestly.

It's fine to make a suggestion. The biggest thing here is 'presentation and manner'. It goes a long way so I suggest people learn this and this isn't just about those making the suggestion either.

Anyway, it's been noted that the 'report' button is in a location that is inconvenient. So, it'll be looked into about possibly placing it in a different location to make things easier. If it is supposedly an easy thing to add, then it's an easy thing to tweak, I'm guessing.

There we go.

Well sorry. Tact is something ive had little practi e at. Always been captain blunt. I do honestly apologize.
But i just felt i should speak up by it. I know everyones right about looking but im a man of instinct and my brsin just sort of memorized button on the edge.

Sounds to me like long time users on here got used to specific buttons in the same place and memorized their placement. When something new (and very handy) was put near it, mistakes happened. It's not a huge issue and I find it strange that it's such a big deal for some. It's change, and while I've hit it a couple times, that's just me needing to memorize a new button. I don't think it's right to remove one button because some are habitually clicking. Humans adapt rather quickly. Instead of remove all new stuff (which is harder,) why don't we simply give it a week or two and we'll adjust to the new habit? It pops up when you click it, but you have to confirm, no harm no foul. It's. just. a. button. :-/

I dodnt ask for it to be removed. Just strategicslly place. Look where it is in the forums. No reason it cant be placed in a more strategic location. As for i get very used to certain things and have hit it id say nine times out of ten.

Hopefully the bit code is somewhere easy. Is this only in posts and not pms that this is a problem then?

Well, that was a silly place.

Sorry for the delay, peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom