Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Online Staus Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilaughatmyself

Supernova
So, to keep the clutter down in the thread, I'm gonna ask two questions that have always bugged me about the status shown while a user is online:

Why do some users profiles say a person is 'Offline' when they really aren't?

and

Why can I see specifically what some people are doing (it'll say 'Sending Private Message') and some I can't?

I hope to hear a legitimate answer soon!

Some people can list themselves as invisible, like me. I don't appear in the active user list (except to staff members), my status is always offline, and no one can see what I am currently doing.

I just answered both of your questions.

Why do some users profiles say a person is 'Offline' when they really aren't?
Some people can list themselves as invisible, like me. I don't appear in the active user list (except to staff members), my status is always offline...

and

Why can I see specifically what some people are doing (it'll say 'Sending Private Message') and some I can't?
...no one can see what I am currently doing.

This all applies if a person has set their status to Invisible.

Yes, the second question was answered. What I meant by the second one is if they aren't set to invisible, and all of the time it's just 'Viewing Blue Moon Roleplaying Forums'. That's what I mean, sorry for the confusion.

Because if someone has up multiple windows of BMR up all at once, it sends a conflicting message so it would just automatically say forums. I'm guilty of having at least 3-5 tabs of different sections on here up simultaneously. I usually keep up my user cp while answering pm's, checking new posts, my threads and things like that. It's usually most relevant to whatever tab is most recent. Also if you're looking up a pic on tumblr while you have up BMR and you're in chat, then close it out and come back after 15, it will only show you on at a specific time when you were actually -doing- something. I think that covers it. :rolleyes::shy::)

Thank you, Dogged. That explains it perfectly, and it wasn't some convoluted technical bullshit. That's refreshing. :) Thank you both. :D

You're welcome. My girl is a networking/computer geek/ ninjatechie so I just ask her why this thingamabob does what. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom