Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quae Questum Orbitae (World of the Elements)

Booyah

You manage to blind the frog-fish, but it's still heading for you while shooting its sticky tongue in every direction as if it wants to catch you and pull you into its maw.

--------------------------------------------------------

wiki

Going to the kingdom will take you five days, but since you decide to go to the nearest town, you only spend two hours traveling. The guards notice you and a small platoon of mercenaries gather. There are even a few sorcerers, druids and a puppeteer with what looks like dolls made out of iron mixed in the group. One guard steps forwards before stopping in front of you. "Who are you and what do you want to do in this town? We don't see many necromancers of your calibre every day."

I see a chance since the mouth, as far as I can see, doesn't have any scales inside, so I use the first of my three daily Eye-Lasers to finish the cursed creature, holding off until it just manages to get to shore, so anything I can salvage will be easy to reach; I don't particularly relish going back into that water, and I sure as anything will NOT dive to get that thing's corpse.

“ excuse me, but what makes you think my armor makes me look like a necromancer, I am deathknight with the specialization of dark magic in necromancy obviously.” Sticking her tongue out at him as she crossed her arms. And of course you have these guys.” Glancing behind with her huge knights as she sighed boredly. “ if I were to do something I would have done it already.” Joking a bit oddly, “ well off to one of the kingdoms close to here, weird I ran into a town so of course the walk is gonna be boring. Only gonna stay a day or two at an inn or whatever and guess I’ll make you a deal about some free food and a place to stay and I can let you have these guys take over for you for a day or two off.”

Booyah

The water is silent for a while until a group of toxic piranhas appears and start to devour the corpse of the frog-fish without leaving a single bone behind. You can see that there is a pathway leading out of the cave, but it's covered in cobwebs the further you go.

wiki

"I'm sorry for being rude earlier, but we can't careful enough with the Lord of the Souls roaming around freely in this vast world while the King of the Necromancers is steadily increasing his army. There are rumors that he's preparing to invade the dragonic kingdom." The guard who talked to you bows in a respectful way before he looks at you again. "Of course we'll over you some free food and a place to stay for as long as you want in exchange for your protection. This way, please." He waits for the others to step aside before leading you to one of the best inns in the town.

Arclight

Alright, let's do this! Everyone starts with a backpack of holding, a medikit, a survival kit, enough food ratios for seven days, light armor or clothes of your chosing and a water bottle of the eternal spring (it never gets empty so be careful not to lose it).

You can see in the dark thanks to your eyes having night vision! Metallokinesis is a good choice, it allows you to levitate and control small objects made out of metal in a radius of ten feet around you for now. Training this ability will increase the range and strength of your control, but manipulating an entire floating city could take a few years.

Having metal as your element gives you tougher skin that is harder to cut, tear, pierce or harm in any other way without any magical or other special means. But at the same time you are more vulnerable to any lightning based attacks so be careful. Having only one element for now gives you a weak ressistance to magic of any kind which you won't lose even after gainin another element in the future. Telling stories at a tavern can earn you some xtra coin in case there isn't someone with a bounty on their head, but you won't have to worry about that since there are a lot of bandits in this world.

Which weapon would you like to use, a set of throwing daggers, the classical shield and sword, a spear, a sword-whip or something else?

You don't start with any spells except for being able to summon a pebble-sized sentient blob made out of Lithium. It can become bigger after absorbing other metals, but will revert back to its original size when it gets defeated and summoned again unless you upgrade it later.

As for your classes, you can only cancel out spells or learn them by seeingthem a few times while doing the more advanced stuff later. I'll let you know when you've unlocked more of your abilities, but you can ask me once in a while to remind me so I won't forget it.

She crosses her arms, “ and do the dragons know of it, I guess the next place I’m headed to is there then time to strike another deal....” already having a plan now obviously of trying to grow her forces other than killing by stopping the invasion herself. Holding her hand up then down, she took the knights to follow her as they walked through. “ so how far is that kingdom from here then. Do you know of any big and fast monsters around here, I could a better mount, maybe even a dragon or a big snake or whatever maybe..”

Ciel walks in the small tavern walking up to the bounty board to show his interest in it memorizing faces, and key characteristics as well as the name of the criminals it was crude, but for the time he did not have a ledger. Having lost a few of his minor supplies in times before he worked with what he had as he finished only a fee minutes he approaches the barkeep, "Hey friend do you mind a story teller playing his wares by the hearth?" He had no coin which made both his prospect for a proper meal, and a room dreary at best, and he knew all to well some barkeeps abhorred his kind distracting from their tankard, while others saw it as an opportunity.

Ciel looked young despite his travels making him a fair strange storyteller with no local badges to prove he had skills at his trade, yet he knew a few hours he could get the room to a frenzy or a pleasant lull whichever the bartender desired to sell more food. His clothing was well worn, but well taken care of with a deep navy blue color trimmed with a deep red stylized emblem of some strange aquatic shark looking creature. His pants were similar cloth made continuing the emblem down to his leather boots properly brushed off before entering the tavern to maintain the cleanliness of the room. His waist held a crimson sash a steel tonfa on either side of him proud of his training with the weapon most overlooked as useless against more deadly choices. His arms were bare his left arm bore a deep blue cloth band tied in a double knot then braded into a small ribbon with the same color emblem shark depicted.

Searph the small bead sized metal slime he kept close to him gently orbited around his head being moved by his gentle use of his metallokinesis her small size making such a trival matter with near no thought needed. His bag slung around his right shoulder had all the possessions he owned in this world which was not much though the bag itself, and the water skin he felt were invaluable so he always kept them close.

I slowly approach the motionless form of the Frog-Fish, wary that I may not have killed it. But when the piranhas begin devouring the thing, I re-sheath one Revolver and grab a scale off it’s quickly degrading flesh, blasting at both the flesh to loosen my ‘prize’ and any of the piranhas that dare come close.

After I have it free, I look at the relatively small one inch Scale for a moment, many emotions bubbling up within me. I scream, “DAMN IT!” Then, after a bit, I steal the thing’s skull, put both pieces in my pack, and start on my way out.

I notice all the increasing Cobwebs, and try to fire through them for a bit. I realize all too soon that I may run out of ammunition for the things, and fall back. I consider using a second eye laser, when I remember...

Luna, my Poodle Moth! Well, a version of her, anyway... I summon her, climb on her back {Or just stand next to her; it was to my understanding she was at least as big as a Saint Bernard or a miniature Horse... maybe even a regular sized horse}, and say, “Luna, Clear the way!” She responds with a chirp {Chirrup?} and flaps her wings, making sufficient movement to at least loosen the remaining Cobwebs. I start down the newly cleared passage...

wiki

"There are rumors that the dragon king is using anti-magic technology from the engineer nation so the invasion hasn't happened yet. It is said that not even a grand magician or an arch wizard is able to use any magic, including summoned creatures as well as magical weapons and enchantments. Only the devine powers of angels can work and the last fallen ones have allied with the demons." The guard stops talking for a moment to look at your underlings following behind you before he continues talking. "The draconic kingdom is quite far away, it would take you about a month to travel there from here even with a mount. Boarding a sky ship or using a winged dragon could half that time depending on how fast it is, of course. Anyway, here w are. Have a good rest and let us know if you need anything else." He stops in front of an inn that looks like a huge mansion and leaves after bowing.

Arclight

Looks like you're an eager beaver. I didn't even start the tutorial yet and you already jumped into this world...as wished, you get a tonfa, but you forgot to answer my question.
Tonfa of some form of metal, yes to the tutorial please ^_^
That's a great choice! Is steel ok for your tonfa?

Initiating tutorial:

As you wake up, you can see that you are inside a room that is shaped like a cube. There is a door-like latch on the ceiling, the ground and on each wall. Looking around reveals that the room is empty except for your backpack of holding in which you can find your other items.

Booyah

Did I forget to tell you that your guns can't run out of ammo as long as you only use them to shoot pure magic? The same goes for your bow.

Anyway, the webs get destroyed easily while your summoned poodle moth gets entangled in the spider webs. Soon, arachnids appear to see what they have caught. They haven't noticed you yet, though.

Ciel gently looked around the room holding his bag slung over his right arm as he moved to each door pushing out his senses with metal to check the locks, and what he might feel on the other side of each door. Checking to look for any differences on the door as well to see if there is anything guiding his way slightly amused by his circumstances feeling a little befuddled as he could not remember how he ended up here.

Psh, I use my summons just to scare everyone or when someone bores me. I’m of course more focused on normal fighting. I bet even he would make me bored fighting him.” Giving a sigh as she fixes her eyepatch and walks in, looking around.

I check the chamber and realize that the guns have no ammo, and that they're Elemental Guns, when the Arachnids appear. I flip the guns out and begin blasting the spiders one by one. I quickly realize I'm a Sharpshooter [I appear to have lost most of my chronological memories, btw :) It's the reason I keep realizing things]

I keep on and keep on shooting the spiders, but they keep on coming. Luna cries out in fear, which compels me to fire faster. I finally clear out the little villains, but by then, the deed is done. Luna has been bitten and is either paralyzed or dying.

She emits a soft purr as I walk up and clear the webs from around her. Her wings don’t seem broken, which is good. The last thing I’d want is for Luna to be broken or shackled for the last moments of her life.

I stay with her until she has passed, then clear the final portion of the way and exit the cave.

Arclight

The locks on the doors are all different and made out of an unknown material that isn't affected by your kinetic powers. Most of them require a key, but there is one that looks like a turnable knob with numbers on it while another one has a row of letters. Two of the doors that have no locks on them are on the ceiling and on the ground.

wiki

"Dragons aren't afraid of the undead, especially the ones that can breath fire, lightning or acid. But luckily not everyone in the draconic kingdom can do that." The guard wonders how someone could get bored by fighting against an entire army that has dragons, wyrms and hydras, but instead of saying anything else he just leaves you alone. A woman asks you if you want to eat something, take a bath or go to your room while smiling at you as soon as she notices you entering the inn.

Booyah

Don't worry, you'll be able to summon Luna again after a while. She didn't even had to suffer and just vanished in a cloud of smoke with a poof. The path leads you to a fork, one way goes further down while the other leads up.

I look around, surveying the territory with my extremely good eyesight {‘Eyes so good they could belong to a hawk’. You said that, right? Well, recently it’s been discovered that a Hawk or other bird of prey can see the date on a quarter from three miles away. While flying thirty to fourty miles an hour. Can I do that too? Or is it just really good eyesight?}.

I look down each path a ways to try to see which might be better, eyeing the higher path a little more.

Booyah

Of course you can do that too, but too bad that both pathways aren't illuminated enough to let you see very far since you don't have any kind of night vision. The only way to find out which one is better is by chosing one.

I shrug, draw my Bow, and begin up the high path. I'm fit and somewhat well rested so far, so a bit of a test might do me some good, I figure. I tread carefully, aware of every rock and movement around me. After the Luna Tragedy, I'm more cautious than ever.

Ciel thinks about the strange room, and estimates if the room has locks, and it is not a prison the most likely event is it is a puzzle or maze so someone or something was testing him. That or his jailer would show up to free him while he tinkered around.

The roof, and the ground were too easy, and direct approaches were never his strong suit so instead spends some time inspecting, and feeling across the wall looking for loose stones or writing continuing even if he finds something planning to take all the time he needed.

Decide to ask for both already needing to take off the armor anyway as she stretched a bit and feels her body a bit sore, wonders and asks if she knows bout any big monsters near them like dragons or anything else like that.

Booyah

After walking through the tunnel for a while, you come out of the cave and end up in a vast forest with lots of tropical trees. There is a faint sweet smell in the air which is coming from all the ripe fruits.

Arclight

There is a loose panel in one of the walls, revealing a key behind it. But it doesn't seem to fit in any of the locks in this room.

wiki

She nods and guides you to the dining area where you can select a meal only to tell you that they have room service too before leaving to prepare a hot bath for you.

Last edited:
I choose a few good-sized, ripe specimens to eat, then find the least ripe fruits I can and put them in my bag, to ripen.

After that, I return to the alert position I was in, and stalk forward, aware that even one of the trees themselves may be a predatory beast in waiting...

"If this is some kind of test, the more challenging path will likely be of more benefit..." Takes the key pocketing it in his bag before moving to the center of the room just off to the side of the door that dropped down to inspect how to open the door on the ceiling.

“ why the hell would she know.” Sighs and walks out to eat, looking around and sitting at the bar as a small dark aura is around her but that’s because of wearing the armor still of course and the power.

Back
Top Bottom