Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Savage Worlds Interest Group.

What Game Would YOU Like to Play?

• Age of Strife

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Dark Ascent

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • The Damned Snake

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wanted: Dead or Alive

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Gelmera Chronicle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Nibbles

Supernova
PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE VOTING!!!

Hey guys I'm dying to GM again. I have a few ideas using the Savage Worlds Universal RPG System. Its super hype and very adaptable to literally any setting. I have a few concrete ideas and a few that are not so concrete. I just wanna run these past everyone see, if I get any bites and if I do, what kind of game you'd like to play. Also if there's' not an option in the poll for something you'd like to play, feel free to suggest it in the thread. I'm more than willing to hear you out. Also for those going "What the hell is Savage World??" I do own a PDF I can give to you should you want to know more.

1) Legacy: Age of Strife
This is a High Fantasy home-brew Setting taking place on Second Earth. It tweaks the basic system quite a bit, and changes character generation from a point buy system for Attributes to a class system that generates your stats for you and grants you about 10 points in skills. This is the more "pulp fantasy" setting as the era itself is more centered around individual characters and small feats of heroism. Things like fetch quests, dungeon crawls, and random encounters are plentiful to give this game a very 1st ed DnD feel.

2) Legacy: Dark Ascent
Again taking place in the home-brew setting above and using a similar character generation, Dark Ascent focuses more on the mass battles, political intrigue and history of this brutal World War. The races and factions will vary a bit from the previous edition, gaining or losing bonuses and detriments according to the story. There will be more role play in this than hack and slash combat, as most of the major combat will take place in mass battles and will use the Mass Battles system, giving the players more free riegn to describe their actions as if a non-system role play, though dice will still matter and come into play.

3) The Damned Snake
Stepping away from the High Fantasy and coming back to some historical fiction... and by that I mean the steam punk dark-fantasy of Deadlands. Not precisely deadlands but an alternate wild-west themed RPG none the less. In a brief synopsis, among the Cowboys, Indians and Outlaws there are Sorcerers, Demons and other mythical monsters. A special type of Outlaw known as Hell Wranglers have become increasingly popular, using weird science to bind a demon's essence to their weapons, gear and in some cases, Vehicles. In one particular case, a 3 car train by the name of the Damned Snake and its crew of devious gunslingers-for-hire have made quite a name for themselves. The vessel itself does not require tracks and wanders wherever its engineer wills. You would play a member of the Damned Snake, going on do-or-die missions for untold amounts of cash and fame, running from the law, and battling the many dark forces that lurk within the Forsaken Mojave. This game as a whole will use the standard character creation but abandons any fantasy races. Only humans in this world.

4) Wanted: Dead or Alive.
In a spirit similar to the #3, this game follows a band of Smugglers who circle the outer rim of the galaxy, delivering much needed goods and services to the banished and defeated alien and human races. The inner rim is Divided into the the mightiest of Political and Military Empires by the Living Parliament. The largest of this is the fascist and corrupt empire of the humans; the Terran Collective. Others include the sprawling worlds of the Fanatikas Empire, darkling humanoids whose culture is founded on slaughter, domination and over-indulgence; as well is The Lady's Dominion, a pious, religious domain lead primarily by the race's women. Your characters all belonged to one of these Empires at one point in time, turning your back on them to aid those who truly need it, at any cost. This universe allows you not only standard character generation, but the ability to chose from a plethora of existing and home-brewed races.

5) Gelmera Chronicles
Much like #1, this is a pulp Sci-fi adventure that takes the mighty members of Gelmera Dominion's special forces; the Phantom Regiment. To the edge of the galaxy to do battle with grave alien threats. This can be a very short or very long story depending on how the players want it to run. It is by far the hardest as the enemies you face will well out-number/out-match you on many occasions. This game will require quick wit and strategy to overcome. In adition to shoot'em-up/Hack-and-slash RP fun there will be lots of political intrigue, espionage and other sneaky stuff to mix it up constantly. This game you are restricted to only humans again but use standard character creation.

Alrighty guys. Seems that there is an obivous favor for Age of Strife. Imma post the rules and additions in a couple days. Keep a look out.

I would love to do this, if I can get help with character creation. Hate to admit it, but I'm greener then grass when it comes to things like this.

sirix said:
I would love to do this, if I can get help with character creation. Hate to admit it, but I'm greener then grass when it comes to things like this.

Absolutely. Savage worlds as it is has a piss-easy character creation, and I take have the work out of it with my races and classes. ^^ So yea. I'll shoot you a PM then?

Alrighty gents, sorry for the late responses. Been kinda busy and all over the place. >.>;

First of, sirix, we will be doing most all of the "Role Play" elements here on a BM thread. The combat and trait Rolls will be done on Roll20. How it will work, and this is further described in the rules and set up thread; is that you'll be writing out the initial action you wish to take. Then you roll for your action and my NPCs will reacted according to your success or failure.

EDIT: We are now full to capacity. We no longer have any more room for people to join this campaign!!! If you like the lore and would like to take part in a more story bases, non-system RP check out Second Earth: Age of Strife

I was curious and ended up making a Roll20 profile which seems to have auto-assigned me to the game. Not completely sure I want to dive into a full-blown roleplay like this but I thought it was best to tell you what happened.

I appreciate you bringing it to my attention Korax. Saddly, the game is currently at max. I'm organizing a group RP in the same universe but its not system based like this one. ^^

Back
Top Bottom