Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who Do YOU Write Like?

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
We are all writers here in some way, shape or form. Some of us are more serious than others and that's ok. So, now, for anyone who is curious... who do YOU write like?

http://iwl.me/

It's simple and easy. Just copy/paste an RP post into the 'box' after you click the link and then click the 'analyze' button. It'll let you know who you write like (for that post at least). Be sure to try a few because you'll be amazed that you MIGHT actually write like more than one author.

So now, who do YOU write like? Share away, Blue Moon!!!

~~~

Some authors that have come up REPEATEDLY for me:

Stephen King
Anne Rice
JK Rowling
Chuck Palahniuk

Not a bad spread, I must say. XD

*is curious to see what others write like*

I put in a bunch of rp posts.

Arthur Clarke?
Cory Doctorow?
James Joyce?

who the fuck are these people? 8[ Makes me wanna find stuff by them and read it.

Got Chuck Palahniuk once.

Google is everyone's friend if you aren't sure about an author. I suggest using it to look up anyone you aren't familiar with. Hell, you can even share about the author after you look them up. That would be pretty cool and informational. :)

H.G. Wells & Jonathan Swift

...somehow I doubt the accuracy of that. HG Wells was too awesome of a writer to be compared to, and this Jonathan Swift figure was a satirist or poet - I write neither satire nor poetry.

Edited for other results: Cory Doctorow, Mario Puzo, David Foster Wallace, & H.P. Lovecraft.

Yeah, I don't know.

So I took the opening posts of RPs I've done in the past while on here. Very interesting results and nice find, DA. I liked this test very much. :3

I find it ironic, however, that the most common answer I've gotten is someone who specializes in science fiction and that's the genre I don't get easily impressed with @.@

One of them anyways ....

J.R.R. Tolkien (1st post from "Journey from Forochel RP --- shocker. An Lord of the Rings RP and I post like said author? Hm ... xD)
Cory Doctorow ("War Really Does Change Everything" opening post)
Arthur Conan Doyle ("The Lives of Thieves and Assassins" opening post)
J.D. Salinger ("Picking Up" opening post)
Cory Doctorow ("Gang Wars" opening post)
Cory Doctorow ("The Darker Side of Life" opening post)
Anne Rice ("Corrupt Nature" opening post)
Cory Doctorow ("A New Year" opening post)
Anne Rice ("Reign of Anubis" opening post)
Gertrude Stein ("You're My Only Hope" opening post)

Dan Brown
Bram Stoker
Ann Rice
James Joyce
Cory Doctorow

I only know two of these people, but I've never actually read anything they've written. Five different results for five different inputs.

Rudyard Kipling
David Foster Wallace
George Orwell

Nfi on the 2nd one, but very flattered at the 1st and 3rd as I'm a fan of both. :D

I'll make another post about this later using some of my more traditional writing. But this is what I got when I fed my myths into the tester.

I do dispute this. None of my myths have copious amounts of walking and singing!

8x Tolkien
Chuck Palahniuk
L. Frank Baum
2x James Fenmore Cooper
H.P. Lovecraft
Rudyard Kipling
Anne Rice

I write like:

William Gibson x2
Mary Shelley
James Joyce
Stephen King
David Foster Wallace
Margaret Mitchell
Margaret Atwood
J.R.R Tolkien
James Fenimore Cooper

I did roughly two posts from a couple of RPs - every post was analyzed differently.

Interesting.

Wow, I feel honored to be compaired to these guys:

Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide)
H.P. Lovecraft (Call of Cthulu)
J.R.R. Tolkien (The Hobbit)
and freakin James Joyce (Ulysses [one of the most challenging and aclaimed modernist novels of all time])

I did the opening of one of my short stories: The Void.

I got Vladimir Nabokov as a result. He was the author of Lolita.

Interesting.

I also did some of my poems:

Arthur Clarke
James Joyce
Dan Brown
JK Rowling
Chuck Palahniuk - the fucking writer of Fight Club!
Vladimir Nabokov

Guess I don't write like Edgar Allan Poe. I am so ashamed. ;_;

I entered several and well it came back as these three.... though to be fair I entered seven different ones. Some openers and some middle ground work.. some here and some older ones....

Anne Rice (got her the most, 3)
Rudyard Kipling (2 times)
Margaret Atwood (2 times)

I guess i write pretty consistently, that's good to know lol

H.P. Lovecraft.
Dan Brown.
James Joyce.
Vladimir Nabokov.

I recognize the first two though I've never read anything by H.P. Lovecraft. The last two are a mystery to me. I've tried four posts from four different RPs. Is there some sort of way to see how our writing was analyzed?

I wish it did a better break down and actually explained in what ways one was most like these writers. And would give like second closest.

Charles Dickens for my one character's description, so I'll play around with other parts of the character sheet before using actual posts. Still really Charles Dickens? If Based God exists why does curse me so? So I used all my work on this site and I'm pretty much the second coming of Charles Dickens, with Agatha Christie and James Joyce sprinkled in for good measure.

Similar results on my end. Two repetitive strains of authors follow me. For my non role-play, standard writing, Charles Dickens. For every one of my role-play scenarios, Anne Rice.

Anne Rice - twice (She's popular)
David Foster Wallace - twice
Cory Doctorow (Google required for that one)
James Joyce; and
Stephen King

For a political science paper I had to write I mostly got Johnathan Swift with some Arthur Clarke, George Orwell, and P.G. Wodehouse influences.

At the time I took this test I put in 48 of my posts and uh...yeah...these were the ones I got.

Arthur Clarke - 13
William Shakespeare - 6
Isaac Asimov - 2
Anne Rice - 3
Edgar Allen Poe - 3
Gertrude Stein - 1
Stephen King - 1
H.G.Wells - 1
H.P. Lovecraft - 9
Chuck Palahniuk - 1
Neil Gaiman - 3
Cory Doctorow - 1