Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Past (CrystalFox and Dakol)

Lord Dakol

Supernova
In the year 1186, the young Novice Assassin had been on a few missions for his Master, Al-Mualim. Before becoming coldhearted and ruthless, he had met his first actual target. He had not expected it to be someone he would he soon love very much...

Name: Altair Ibn La-Ahad (Meaning "The Flying One" and "Son of None")
Weight: 155 lbs.
Height: 6'1"
Appearance: Dark-skinned and handsome, though he hides it beneath a white hood. Dark green eyes pierce his victims souls, though they become soft toward women. He rarely takes off his hood, and when he does, his black hair is shaved short. The most interesting bit of information about him is his missing left ring finger...
Personality: Calm, collective, and courteous, but becomes determined to finish any mission he is given.
Other: Has a silver sword by his left hip, and a small collection of daggers by his chest.

"That tower?" the young man asked the man covered by a white scarf, pointing to a somewhat tall tower in front of him. Altair moved his fingers slowly, pumping blood through them as he nodded. His first assassination target was in that tower, in the highest room. For him, it was easy to do as he sprinted upon a collection of boxes to the rooftops and made his way to the tower. He was growing excited, for now was the chance to show Al-Mualim he was a real Assassin.
He clambered onto the roof connected by his location, and wall-ran up to the lowest window, climbing skillfully. His breath then became labored halfway through, but didn't stop to rest; he needed to finish his assignment!

Said tower was the home to a very lovely singer with the stage name Iris. At the age of 22 the woman was already quite well known. She was a tall slender thing with waist length raven black locks. Often times pulled back in a braid so it framed her aristocratic features and gave emphasis to her almond shaped eyes. When asked she would often say they were blue, which they indeed were but it was such a dark blue it seemed black at times.

Why someone wanted her dead was uncertain, after all she wasn't a mean individual. A bit headstrong, stubborn, and argumentative but surely nothing that warrented her death? Singing softly she sat before her mirror brushing out her hair, dressed in a white shift that hid her body from prying eyes. After all one could never be sure who was watching.... "Such a lovely morning, I think I may go for walk later." she said as she looked out the large balconey window smiling softly.

Altair grunted softly as he quickly climbed the windows. Soon enough, he saw the balcony that held his target inside. His excitement grew more and his heart began to thump inside his chest as he grabbed the rail of the balcony while his target wasn't looking. He planted his feet on the stone ledge and crouched while still on it, his eyes trying to focus on the figure inside the building. From an inside viewpoint, he looked like a shadowy angel of death, the white of his eyes staring at his victim.

Iris cocked her head to the side pausing in the rythmic strokes. She'd only looked outside a moment ago and nothing was there. It had to be her imagination, of that much she was certain. Finishing with her hair she stood and gazed and herself in the mirror for a breif moment before turning away. She crossed his like of site gliding like some sort of angel and when she turned to go out on the balconey her gaze focused on him, but rather then be afraid she was irratated. "Do you mind!" she snapped. "I swear it gets worse everyday...these are my personal quarters, if you want an autograph come to my next show. No need to scale the tower walls!"

At the moment she began to talk, the wind howled in Altair's ears, blocking his sense of hearing as well as sight. Time to move; without moving yet, he flicked his left wrist and pulled his pinkie finger down. Instantly a long, well-crafted blade jutted out where his ring finger was supposed to be and gleamed in the sunlight. He then stepped down and began his stride towards his target.

The female frowned gently as he just remained crouched on the edge of her balcony. "What are you...?" So focused on that she wasn't aware of the blade until the sunlight caught it and she gasped and backed up. This wasn't an admirer, this was a killer and he was obviously after her. Refusing to remain frozen she ran sliding across the expensive carpets and trying to locate the dagger she always kept near her. Somehow she doubted that she'd survive but she had to try.

Altair entered the room and smirked, quietly whispering three words for before the kill and after. He then sprinted towards his target, where the light suddenly left his eyes and saw that it was...a girl. A young woman who, by the looks of it, was a bit older than he was. His left hand was poised to strike her throat, but stopped his legs from moving any further. "You...you're..." he said quietly, refusing to let down his blade but relzed a bit.

Her eyes were shut tightly waiting for the death blow, but it never came. Opening one dark blue orb she blinked delicatly eyeing the blade at her neck. "I'm a what?" she questioned her voice nothing more then a whisper as her eyes flicked up to meet his. What had made him heisitate she wondered? Though she was thankful none the less. Desipte the situation she couldn't help but notice beneath the hood he had lovely eyes.

((Have to go after this. I'm going back to my place tomorrow and should be back on fairly quick.))

"A... a woman," Altair breathed. Pulling down his pinkie again, the blade retracted and vanished down his sleeve. He backed off, "Good Lord...I almost..." he said quietly, then looked at the woman and turned around to leave.

((I understand I'll speak to you soon))

He'd spared her life because she was a female? Expelling the breath she'd been holding she touched his shoulder. "Wait a moment, why were you planning on killing me in the first place?" Surely if he was a murderer of some kind he'd have killed her regaurdless, but something about the way he moved....it was almost like he'd been trained to kill. Still a question remained if that was the case. Why would a trained murderer be after a singer?

Altair froze for a moment as the girl touched his shoulder. He turned his gaze on her then stepped away, climbing onto the ledge of the balcony quickly. "We do not kill women," he told her before facing out and preparing to test his luck -a leap of faith, he guessed-.

"Wait who is we? Please do not tell me your going to jump. No need to kill yourself because you cant kill me!" her dark blue eyes widened slightly at the idea of any one trying to jump from such a hieght and there was nothing to break his fall that she was aware of. "If you need leave at least use the servant passage to the gardens, no one will see you!" why was she being so nice to someone who tried to kill her was a mystery, but this man...intrigued her.

Altair ignored her request, and looked down. The path was clear, so it was now or never. "Goodbye," he told her, a bead of sweat traveling down his forehead. He had never done this before, but there was a first time for everything... Suddenly, an eagle flew overheard and called out a high pitched sound. That was his cue. With a sigh of tension, he stepped forward and fell down, the wind once again howling in his ears. Quickly, he landed in a moving cart of hay and vanished into the crowd of Jerusalem.

Iris ran over to the edge of the balconey and watched him fall sighing in relief when the hay cart caught him. "What a strange man." she muttered softly turning her attention to the large doors when she heard a knock. It made her jump, obviously she'd been more frightened then she first assumed because her heart was pounding and she was suddenly very worried for her life. "Don't forget you have a performance in the square tonight!" the voice called and she sighed. "I know Remi, I'll be ready...."

Altair argued with his master back at Masyaf, the castle next to Jerusalem. After a heated argument, Al-Mualim suggested him to take the day to relax and go into the city. The young man had no choice but to accept, for if he didn't, he would be suspended. Altair took his equipment anyway for the slight occasion for the need to defend himself, and rode into the city. For some reason, however, he absolutely could not take his mind off that young woman...

Being a perfomer was not without it's perks, since she didn't strip, people respected her. However she was known to wear lose fitting cloths that often times displayed her midrift. As he rode into the city he was see a group of children running to the square. "Hurry, we're going to miss Iris!" one exclaimed as they joing the throng of people circiling the square. In the middle she stood a veil obscuring her face singing a sweet love song her voice lilting and percise. There was already a heft sum of coin around her feet.

Altair noticed the group of children rushing past him, and decided to follow. After all, his master said he needed to relax. Dismounting his horse and leaving it in the stables, he followed the children to the large square where a large crowd was already situated. He moved between the people easily like water around rocks until he was just in front a line of guards, obviously protecting the woman called Iris from harm. Altair sighed with contentment as he listened to her heavenly voice, closing his eyes to just hear her words. His heartbeat slowed to a comfortable pace and watched Iris with enraptured eyes.

She moved from one song to the next, some about love, others about pain. Each one brought tears of joy, sadness, love in the eyes of her audiance. When she finished the crowd roard with applause and she bowed the gaurd seperating and when she looked up her eyes met his and a flash she gasped softly backing up but recovering quickly. "Thank you everyone for your kindess." she called out "Please enjoy the rest of your evening." the men in the crowed groaned in distress as the crowd began to disperse. Almost right away the gaurds began gathering the money that lay before her. "I didn't expect to see you again..." she commented softly not looking up at him.

Altair noticed the gasp during her finish when she saw him, and wondered why. He looked at her in confusion when she spoke to him. "What do you mean? I have never--!" he then realized who she was and backed away a step, glancing at the guards before looking at Iris.

"Who is this Iris?"one of the gaurd said as he eyed the strange man with suspicion. "Is he the one that broke into your room?" she rolled her eyes and scoffed. "I don't recall saying anyone broke into my room Remi and most certainly not him, where on earth did you get that?"

It was the truth to she hadn't said a word about anyone sneaking into her rooms earlier that day and no one should've known. A strange look crossed her face but she mentioned nothing about it. "He's just a fan of mine...that's all." writing something down and a scrap of paper she handed it to him. "Here is my autograph enjoy." However it wasn't an autograph he saw when he looked down it was a note.

Remi is the one who wants me dead, I'm worried he'll try to do it himself. Please help. but the urgency was hidden behind the mask she wore. "Lets get going before it grows dark, did we gather all the money?" and they all walked off.

Altair looked at the "autograph" and exhaled sharply. Only one way to know for sure... he closed his eyes and mind off from everything else around him, and after a moment open everything again, and it changed. Every person he could see was lightly tinted with a different color, based on their true intentions. Iris was a bright white, which meant she wasn't a definite harm to him, and the guards were... well, guards. They were dark blue. And Remi was a bright red; Altair growled gently at this and nodded slightly to her.
"Thank you Iris... I will cherish this forever," he said humbled before turning around and walking away. He now needed to follow Iris and Remi to make sure she was safe, so he traveled to the place he knew best: rooftops.

The remaining gaurds broke away as the approched her home, more or less. Leaving her and Remi, who was her personal bodygaurd alone in the courtyard. Iris hadn't said a word to him the entire walk and it was beginning to irk the man. They hadn't discussed why he knew about the break in, and it was no or never. Because if she told the authorities he was as good as dead. Slipping a knife from his belt he prepared to strike her from behind. Iris turned and her eyes widened. "So it was you...." she whispered softly. A heartbroken look crossed her eyes, "Why?" but she never got an answer because the dagger was swinging downwards aimed at her heart.

Altair trailed them carefully, his eyes eyes always on Remi as he stalked the rooftops, jumping shortly to another building until they came to her courtyard. He listened to their conversation and looked at Remi. He whispered the three words once again and began scaling down on the beams until he was above the two. Stepping off the beam, he dropped off and hit the ground between them and stood up. This happened after Remi raised the dagger, and allowed Altair to grab his wrist and twist it roughly to force him to let go of the blade.

The heavy set male jerked as the dagger fell to the ground and he growled. "You couldn't do it so I will!" glaring he moved to strike the other male with his free wrist. Iris backed up her eyes widening, she hadn't even seen him until he landed. The woman wasn't even sure why Remi wanted her dead in the first place. It was actually rather frightening. However it was obvious her bodygaurd was still trying very hard to get to her and she backed up more her unable to pull her eyes away from the two men.

((Trying to think why he would want her dead.))

Altair smirked and noticed Remi's other hand. With a slight twitch, he applied pressure on his wrist and snapped it upwards. Using the staggering pain to his advantage, he spun around and pushed him down. "Why are you trying to kill her..?" he asked calmly, his eyes piercing into Remi's.

Back
Top Bottom