Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NY City

AlphaWolfQuin

Pulsar
Post_apocalyptic_City_by_Dagionax.jpg

NY City
Alert: High

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Name: Alex Cross
Attire: Military Uniform
Weapons: Handgun, Metal bat
Date/Time:July 4, 2025
Tagging:Open

Alex moved quietly through the streets, trying to avoid any contact with walkers. That was that last hing he needed, especially when he was so lightly armed. He was only out here to see if he could find any survivors. He had packed his field med pack, just in case anyone was injured. He continued to stalk the streets, stopping as he saw a rather large pack of zombies having a bit of a snack. "Damn" He whispered, he was not prepared for this. He needed to get out of here before things got really bad.

He started walking back until his foot hit a bit of rubble. "Shit. Shit" It was all he thought as he looked up and saw one of the zombies started turning toward him. "Oh fuck this." He turned and started running, drawing his handgun and loading it. He hoped he wasn't going to have to use it, but at this point, he needed to be ready for anything to pop up.

Name: Justin Berretta
Attire: Jeans, ARMY t-shirt, boots, and Stetson
Weapons: formerly decorative sword, Civilian AR 15 with long scope, Fully tacked horse
Tagging: Alex, open

Justin rode Midnight throw the streets of New York, trying to find a good place to forage and possibly rest later when night fell. He could easily see over the cars still parked in the streets, and thusly had no problems avoiding the walking dead that infested the streets. The hoof falls echoed off the buildings, throwing off the zombies to his true position unlike small noises that didn't like to bounce from building to building.

As the boy made his way through the streets, he saw the last thing in the world he wanted to. Some guy was running down a street, a small horde on his tail as the genius loaded a pistol as he ran. Making the quick and easy decision to save him, Justin pushed Midnight into a fast lope to catch up before the zombies did. "Grab on" Justin yells at the soldier, or at least dressed like a soldier, as he holds his hand out for a running assisted mount.

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Tagging: Justin, Open

Damn, why did he have to pack light today. any normal day he would have had a few more weapons but for today he was trying to remain faster, trying to get to survivors and out. Damn, of all days to find these stupid things. He was about to turn and take a couple pop shots when he heard a strange new sound. One he had never heard in the streets of New York before. His head turned, seeing a young man on a horse, offering his hand out too him.

Well, let it never be said he would look a gift horse in the mouth. He grabbed hold and leaped up, using the riders leverage to pull himself up to the horse. He unloaded his pistol, knowing the sound of gunfire would draw more of them in. "Thank you whoever you are. Figures the one day I only pack my handgun and bat is the day I run into a whole nest of the damn things." He didn't say mush more after that, realizing just how stupid he had been at this point.

Attire: Jeans, ARMY t-shirt, boots, and Stetson
Weapons: formerly decorative sword, Civilian AR 15 with long scope, Fully tacked horse
Tagging: Alex, open

Grunting with effort as he hauls the man onto the horse, Justin adjusts himself to sit more comfortable on the seat as he took Midnight around the block. Well he was going to until the dumbass unloaded his gun in the slower and louder way. This caused Midnight to spook and buck for a few moments before taking back off. Justin held on to the horse easily as he had already had a few rodeo's on the horse and with the extra weight it wasn't nearly as bad as the first few time. But he did feel the man behind him hold on a little tighter as the horse went through the hops. "Stop shooting, I'm still desensitizing him to mounted firing, and you're just wasting ammo." Just couldn't believe that just happened. He could easily out run the monsters, why waste the ammo to may be put done one or two walkers. As they rounded the corner, down the street they could see open fields and clear passage as the horse made his steady way down the street, the horde slowly slipping into the distance.

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Tagging: Justin, Open

Once they were a safe distance from those damn biters he holstered the sidearm again, turning to face the man that had just saved him. "Sorry. I didn't mean to spook the horse. I was just trying to create a little breathing room." He nodded as he went off, agreeing the horse could have outran the things, bit he still felt a bit safer now. "Sorry bout all that. Name's Alex. Been out looking for survivors. Heard there was a safe holdout nearby and was trying to gether as many as I could to bring them to safety. "

He continued to look around, hoping to spot someone else alive out here. So many had been infected already, so many family and loved ones, people they may have once known, and they had to put then down, out of their misery. He remembered his brother, and what he had to do that day

1782107_477823965657281_244395411_n.jpg

Name: Vanessa Maudrell aka Nessa
Attire: tennis shoes, black slacks, white t-shirt with gray sweater over top
Weapons: N/A
Date/Time: July 4, 2025
Tagging: OPEN

Nessa had been in New York for the last couple of days, probably the worst time to be there, but her boss felt she needed some time off so he sent her up to the big apple for some good old fashioned r&r. "Go on, you can use the rest... She said" Nessa mubled in a mocking tone as she belted a zombie in the mouth with her foot, knocking it off the side of the van as it tried to grab at her. "You could use a nice break.... She said.... Go to New York.... See the Statue of Liberty... Go to a show... Visit Broadway..." She shook her head with a heavy sigh as she gasped just as a zombie took hold of her leg dropping her onto the top of the van hard.

"Never... Never again... I could have stayed home and gotten this kind of treatment." She growled out before kicking the zombie in the leg. Screaming sharply as the monster fell but it's hand stayed attached to her. "Ew... Ok this is just far more vacation than I needed." she shivered slightly as she pried the arm from her ankle only to turn and use it to slap another zombie who was trying to get to her. Once she was free of the grasp she quickly got back to her feet, she could hold her balance well enough, and with standing she could avoid getting grabbed more easily, giving her a better view of things.

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Tagging: Justin, Vanessa, Open

Alex didn't say much more until he heard a voice screaming. "That wasn't a zombie. Someone is alive out there." He looked around, just his luck they weren't in sight. As much as he hated to, he hopped off the horse, starting to move in the direction of the voice. He couldn't just leave someone out here, not when there was a chance. That was part of his training, no man, or woman, left behind. As he ran, he finally spotted her. A young woman, trapped upon the roof of a van. She didn't appear to have any way to defend herself.

Thankfully the biters hadn't seen him. He grabbed his bat, running up and smacking the first one in the back of the head, dropping it instantly. Before they could react a few more swings dropped a couple of the others. Thankfully there didn't seem to be many around the van, and he was able to clear most of them out. "Need a hand ma'am." He spoke in a slight southern accent, picked from his home. "Well, I guess you already have one." He laughed a bit, sliding his bat back in the holster he had built on his back.

Attire: Jeans, ARMY t-shirt, boots, and black Stetson (cowboy hat)
Weapons: formerly decorative, but now usable sword, Civilian AR 15 with long scope in saddle holster, Fully tacked horse
Tagging: Alex, Vanessa, open

Hearing the scream himself, Justin dropped from the lope just in time for Alex to drop to the ground and start back into the city. "I'm going around the other way." Justin called out, seeing the path that Alex was taking was too crowded for Midnight to comfortably move around. Instead Justin pushed his black stead into a fast trot and went down the block and around to the other, clearer side of the van. He came around the corner just in time to see Alex take down the last of the zombies around the van and offer his hand to help the young woman on top of the van.

"I see my services weren't needed. I'm Justin by the way Alex, and you are?" Justin says as he nears the van and motions to each in turn with a movement of the head. Normally he wouldn't be this social to complete strangers now a days, more then a few already proving that not all people still acted human, but he did already saved one and the other was unarmed and seemingly defenseless. Well not "unarmed" in a joking sense.

Tagging: Alex, Justin, OPEN

Vanessa stomped hard on the hand of another zombie before kicking it in the head. She wasn't doing any permanent damage however, they were still coming back, and it seemed they were returning more and more determined each time. When she got glimpse of Alex she smiled halfway. A sign of life, actual living, breaking, thinking life, not like these mindless creatures. As he took out each of the zombies she just watched him in absolute silence, keeping her distance from each that came near her until they were dropped to the ground.

Vanessa glanced down at her left hand still holding the zombie arm as Alex made her comment and laughed softly just as Justin arrived on a horse. Dropping the arm she glanced around her for a brief second before wiping her hand on her slacks. "Thank you." She stated softly as she looked at Alex. As Justin introduced the two of them and offered her a bit of assistance of course she took it and climbed down from the van. "My name is Dr. Vanessa Maudrell, but on account of the rather informal situation you could most certainly call me Nessa."

Pulling her sweater up on her shoulders completely she smiled before continuing. "I would like to thank you gentlemen for helping me, it seems it's not the best day to go out for a morning jog in New York, could one of you perhaps provide a lady with a beverage and perhaps an explanation of what exactly is going on here?"

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Tagging: Justin, Vanessa, Open

Seeing Justin gallop up he kinda shrugged. "Sorry bout that. Part of the mentality you know. Nobody left behind." He started as she jumped down, glad he hadn't had to use his handgun. Sure, it would have been quicker, but the noise would have brought more biters, and with the element of surprise he was able to bring them down with just the bat. When she asked for refreshment all he could do was shake his head.

"Sorry. Unless Justin her has something I am afraid all I can do is tend to any wounds and give the best explanation I know." He took out his med pack just in case he needed it. "As far as I can tell this all began a few weeks ago. The dead started rising without explanation. But these aren't your beloved family and pets. These things are ravenous and fierce, their brains set to one thing, feed. And it seems they have a taste for our flesh and other bits. Military was called in to help, but we were powerless. Their numbers were too great, and growing daily. As far as I can tell in a few short weeks humanity is facing extinction."

He shook his head, not liking it one bit. "There are survivor camps just outside the city. A place where the remaining of us are trying to band together to survive. I was out looking for any more survivors when we ran into you doctor." He could hear something shambling near by. "We don't have long. Justin, you take Doctor Maudrell and get out of here, I won't be far behind." He moved quickly, trying to find any of the cars that was still in decent enough shape to drive, and was unlocked. He wasn't about to tell them it, but he had hot wired cars before, he just hoped he remembered how.

Weapons: formerly decorative, but now usable sword, Civilian AR 15 with long scope in saddle holster, Fully tacked horse
Tagging: Alex, Vanessa, open

"Yea, I have a little bit of water, here." Just says as he pulls a half full bottle out of a saddle bag. Tossing it to Doc Nessa while Alex explains what is going on, he moves a spare blanket around to behind the cantle of the saddle, moving the saddle bags he had there to the front on his legs where they wouldn't be in the way for a passenger. "Ok good to go." He says mostly to himself. He hears the shuffling himself, and offers a hand out to help either mount the horse. "If we are going, need to get moving. That doesn't sound like a small group."

Seeing Alex run off, Justin shifts to better face Nessa. "Well, I guess I'm getting you out of here ma'am. Grab a hold, and we can go."

Tagging: Alex, Justin, OPEN

Nessa catches the bottle lipping the words 'Thank you" to Justin before taking a drink as she listened to Alex explain what she would very easily discribe as a rather crazy story. Not that she can say very much about it however. Admitably things had been strange since she'd arrived to New York, and though she wasn't sure she cared for his explanation. It was the only one that made any sense, well as much as a situation like this could make at least. After all she was just trapped on top of a van being attacked by zombies that before this trip she'd only seen in movies. Ripping the arm off one, watching Alex beat a few of them to death with a baseball bat. Justin walking a horse down the middle of a big city street.

It was a great deal to take in as she took another drink from the bottle, she left to go jogging a few hours ago, and with everything that she'd encountered before the van and then the van it's self. It was good to have a refreshing drink. Upon hearing the noise Vanessa jumped slightly. She wasn't sure if it was just an unexpected sound that caught her off guard of if she was jumpy due to what all had just happened. She lifted a hand towards Alex to stop him from going then lightly bit down on the corner of her lip as she shook her head. "That man is either really brave, really foolish, or a dangerous combination of the two." Her voice was soft, but not quite a whisper as she turned to Justin and placed a hand in his before climbing onto the back of his horse. She placed the bottle between her legs to keep it from falling off the horse as watched into the distance. Not the way that Alex had gone however. He was in a military uniform he could take care of himself, and even if he couldn't if she got a wild hair she'd only make things worse for him.

"I suppose I should tell you that the only mustang I've ever been around had four wheels, not for legs." She stated with a soft laugh and she lightly wrapped her arms around Justin's waist. She was still taking in each of Alex's words about what was going on, trying to process everything she could, but it was honestly quite a bit to take it. "I do apologize for not being entirely social, it's just that I'm supposed to be on vacation and... Well this wasn't exactly what I figured it would be like."

Tagging: Vanessa, open

"That's fine. We'll just take it slow to start" Justin replies as feels a pair of arms wrap around him. He pushes Midnight into a walk then a slow trot as she holds her silence for a few minutes. "Your preaching to the choir ma'am." Justin again replies after she explains her silence. "No one expected this, nor for it to happen this fast either." He says, partly to himself. He turns the corner again and starts to walk back out of New York towards the open field and the trails that lead out beyond. "What is your doctorate in....Nessa?" Justin asks, mostly just making conversation at the moment.

Tagging: Justin, OPEN

Nessa nodded softly as Justin spoke of starting off slow. She had enough going on right now she didn't need nor want to add the fear of falling off a horse to the ranks. Starting out slow was a good idea the way she saw it. As the horse began a slow trot she smiled slightly. This was the first she'd been able to really relax in some time. She didn't know that she was completely safe as of yet of course, but she certainly felt safer. As Justin spoke her her preaching to the choir she glanced back behind them, looking first to the van that Justin and Alex had found her on then looking towards the direction in which they heard the noise before they'd begun moving.

When Justin made his comment about no one expecting what was happening, then continued on with not expecting it to happen so quickly a look of curiousity crossed her face but she said nothing. As they turned the corner she let out a soft sigh, catching the glimpse of the open area ahead, an open area with no danger in sight. She could certainly go for that. "I'm a scientist actually, down in Florida. I was due for some vacation time so the boss sent me up here." She laughed softly as she shook her head. "Pretty much ordered me to take time off. I'd ever been outside Florida but maybe twice, and she came to New York a few years ago. Said she loved it, felt it would be a good outing for me. So here I am. What about you and... Alex was it? You two live here or just passing through?"

"I don't know about Alex, I've only known him for 1/2 an hour may be, but...Dad was stationed at Fort Hamilton at the New Year. I'm here because he was here." Justin explains rather quickly except for his short pause. If Nessa could see Justin's eyes, they would be a little glazed as he thought back to the black car rolling in front of his house. "Anyway, do you plan on going back to Florida, or just surviving here?" Justin asks, as they come closer and closer to the field. A small whinny can be heard in the distant field, meaning that a small herd of horses isn't too far off.

"Ah I see" Vanessa replied softly to Justin explaining his situation to her. Watching out over the field she smiled softly as a gentle breeze came across her face. This was the feeling she most enjoyed from her morning jogs. Feeling the cool breeze upon her warm flesh it allowed her to feel more alive than anything else she was involved in. After a trip like this she could certainly use a reminder she was alive as well.

When Justin asked if she was going to return to Florida she could feel her heart sink as her mind went to all her family and friends. She didn't even know if any of them were alive. For all she knew they were all zombies, and there was nothing more for her to return to. "No, No I don't think I'll return." There was a sadness to her voice that couldn't be easily missed. Her mind still racing with thoughts of all those who could very well be dead, or getting killed by those they know and loved. "I have no idea what I would be returning to, at least here I'm not completely alone. Perhaps some day I'll return to Florida, but for the time being I think staying here is my safest option."

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Tagging: Open

Alex continued to search some cars, hoping to find one unlocked and in working order. He could hear them coming closer, and when he thought he had made a mistake he found just what he was looking for. The truck was unlocked, and even better the keys were still in it. He turned them, praying there was enough gas to turn over. He say the gauge, a quarter of a tank. At least it would get him out of here.

He started the truck, but before hopping in he picked up a small rock and threw it at a nearby car. He got lucky, as the window cracked and set off the alarm. That would keep them busy for a while. He hopped into the running truck, hitting the gas and heading off towards the direction that he had watched Justin and Vanessa rode off toward.

Hearing a soft and serious tone, Justin knew he had most likely asked the wrong question. "Safe now a days is were the family is. Either your blood, or chosen family." Justin thinks out loud, something he had come to do a lot with the limited contact with others he had had. After a few more minutes, the clop of hooves on concrete is replaced with the quieter sound of grass and dirt being crushed under foot. A huge clear field stands before them, absolutely nothing but waving grass from where they stood, to the fence that lead to the trails, about 2 more miles away. Atleast that was in sight if you looked straight. Off to the left, the small herd of a dozen or so horses could be seen grazing.

"Well, were to. We can head towards this "safe house" that Alex talked about that's supposedly somewhere in those trails, or we can just set up camp somewhere in the field?" Justin asks, not really caring either way. He had camped several times out in the field, and he would probably do it several more times before winter decided to rear is ugly face and he would have to move in.

"Yes, I do suppose you are quite right about that." Vanessa replied with a soft smile to Justin's words about family either being blood or those chosen in faith and trust. He was right, and right now the closest that she had that she knew for a fact was alive was Justin and Alex. She looked at the view, thought it wasn't really a great deal, it was simple. At this point she liked simple. A few horses, lovely grasslands. a few random trees, and behind them the city. Alex wasn't quite in hearing range as she glanced back, but it didn't take long for him to come into view. The sight of course brought a smile to her face. Justin was right about family and these two men were willing to risk their lives to save her. That to her meant more than she could put into words, so she wasn't ready to lose them now. Not if she could avoid it.

When Justin asked his question she turned back and looked curiously at him. "Here... In the field.... On the ground? I'm terribly sorry to say this Justin, but my idea of ruffing it is a two star hotel. It's not of course that I'm against the idea of camping out, I've just never done it and if it's all the same to you I prefer my first night under the stars not be while insane humans are trying to pick my bones dry. I do believe something indoors would be much more greatly appreciated." Vanessa glanced ahead at the horses out grazing before glancing down at the ground near the hooves of the horse they were on. "Of course that is only speaking if we have an option of indoors. I certainly wouldn't insist on having something built just for me or some such silly nonsense."

"I certainly understand where your coming from, but its getting late and I don't want to wander those trails in the dark looing for a safe house. We can camp out in that building if you insist on being inside something." Justin turns the horse back towards the city and points at the closest still standing building. "We might need to clear it out though." Justin says looking at the building for the likely hood of it being infested. "The doors look closed so there shouldn't be to many in there." Justin pushes Midnight into a walk towards the building. "Camping isn't too bad. They don't seem to come out here for some reason, probably smart enough to know they cant catch a horse and that is the only steady life out here."

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Tagging: Open

Alex continued driving, thankful that most those bastards had been drawn to the alarm, a few has parts of their skulls on the tires. He knew cars made noise that drew biters, but he needed a quick escape from the city. He followed the road, figuring that he would catch up to Justin, Vanessa, and the horse. But as time passed and he didn't see them he cursed a bit. They must have gone off road, on one of the trails. Great, how the hell was he going to find them now. There was safety in numbers, and all alone he would be a sitting duck. Both of them would have trouble tonight, as it had appeared that only Justin had any firearm training.

Damn, they could be anywhere, and it was getting dark. He was just a kid, and was just a civilian, they were in the most danger out of any others he had seen. And by him worrying about them, he was putting himself in danger. He should have headed back to the safe house, and trying to come out and find them in the morning, but the soldier mentally wouldn't let him. He had to know they were safe. He turned off on one of the trails, toward the direction of the safe house. He only hoped he could find them.

Tagging: Justin, Alex, OPEN

"Yes, perhaps you're right, not sure I'd feel any more comfortable traveling around among those trees in the dark than I would sleeping in the field." Vanessa didn't really care where they went, she just wanted to get inside. She shook her head sharply of the images from the creatures as they scared her onto the van. Though it was true they didn't move very fast, they seemed to have her surrounded rather quickly. She didn't want that to happen again. She was just as unarmed as she was then, and she wouldn't expect Justin to defend her. Though she certainly wasn't about to neglect that he and Alex had come to her aid already. As Justin turned back to the building she glanced up at it and nodded slightly. She paused before she spoke again as she headlights of a vehicle turned and began shinning on them.

"Zombies can't drive can they?" She asked softly, lightly tugging at Justin's shirt as if she were a child in a store asking her dad for a candy bar. After the lights seemed to dim however she let out a sigh or relief. "It's Alex!" She squeeled like a giddy school girl as she threw her arms around Justin's neck and hugged him tightly before sliding off the back of the horse, in a rather unconventional manner. Wiping herself off she moved quickly over to the front of the car as it slowed to a stop. Patting her hand on the hood she moved to the driver side as she shook her head and spoke. "This looks like my first car, except it's a few years newer.... Maybe" She responded with a soft laugh as she jumped at Alex throwing her arms around him and hugging him tightly "We were getting concerned about you" She stated softly before she slowly released him and slid off him.

Vanessa was a rather protective woman, and considering what was going on, the fact that Justin and Alex were both there and safe, and able to keep her as such was far more than pleasing so of course she began a bit more affectionate than she would normally. "Justin and I were just about to scope out this building here, see if it was safe enough to stay the night.... I'm not sleeping outside." Vanessa shook her head as she continued. "No thank you. Maybe when this is all over you guys can take me camping, but long as the dead are walking around and enjoying the pleasure of feeling me up. I'd rather be as difficult for them to get to as humanly possible."

Justin walks Nightmare to over by the car, behind Nessa. "We could use an extra arm clearing the building for the night or next few." Justin says as he pats on his sword and AR 15. He wasn't surprised by Nessa's reaction was a little over-reactionatory for him, but understandable. She seemed like someone who valued life overall. "So what do say. Want to have a little fun, Soldier."

Alex_zpse90538e1.jpg

Tagging: Nessa, Justin, Open

He breathed a sight of relief as he spotted the horse walking down the trails. At least he knew they had gotten away from the horde. He stopped the truck a bit from them, the engine sputtering as it ran out of gas. Gage must have been broken, because it still showed about an eighth of a tank. "Piece of rotten junk!" He yelled out as he hit the wheel before hopping out.
He was caught off guard by Nessa's reaction to his arrival. Sure, he had just helped save her life, but the sudden leap into him was a bit odd. Though when they both spoke of clearing out the building he nodded.

"Yeah, I think we took a little too long in the city. We have better be protected in case anyone, or anything, decides to come investigating." He laughed a bit at Nessa's comments about camping out. It felt good to laugh again, he hadn't done that in a while. He gave a smirk to Justin as he patted his rifle and sword. "Ready when you are, but that rifle isn't going to help much in such close quarters. Firearms in general are going to be pretty pointless."

He ran his hands over his firearm, deciding, despite how silly it was, to give it to Nessa for now. "Here, be careful with this. I hope you don't have to use it, but at least it will offer you a bit of safety against those things. He unclipped his bat from his back, taking it in as they slowly approached the door.

Back
Top Bottom