Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

IGNORING YOU!

LunarCinnamon said:
I use it for social reasons because that's where I prefer to spend my time lmfao. I've met a lot of cool people there, and I've learned a lot about myself too, which is more than I can say for other websites that encourage you to not explore your identity.

What sites encourage you not to explore your identity?

Rudolph Quin said:
LunarCinnamon said:
I use it for social reasons because that's where I prefer to spend my time lmfao. I've met a lot of cool people there, and I've learned a lot about myself too, which is more than I can say for other websites that encourage you to not explore your identity.

Other social media like Twitter and Facebook and stuff like that. I mean strictly like, parts of me that I can't exactly talk about at family dinners unless I want to be quite literally lynched. Like, being out of the closet as LGBT+ kind of stuff.

The community I'm in on tumblr has encouraged me to explore that part of myself and to learn to accept it. Disclaimer though I realize tumblr is pretty... eh sometimes, that's why I'm so stoked about the new block feature on there lmao.

You know, I noticed something about the whole topic of ignoring. I totally don't freak out over a lack of replies during an RP. I am patient. But what I REAAAALLY dislike is when I'm asking something if they wanna RP and they are online constantly, but never reply. Like, just say no, thank you? So hard? That actually gets on my nerves a little.

Edit: Aaaaand, I just realized this was supposed to go into the Harrassing topic >_>

LunarCinnamon said:
Rudolph Quin said:
LunarCinnamon said:

Other social media like Twitter and Facebook and stuff like that. I mean strictly like, parts of me that I can't exactly talk about at family dinners unless I want to be quite literally lynched. Like, being out of the closet as LGBT+ kind of stuff.

The community I'm in on tumblr has encouraged me to explore that part of myself and to learn to accept it. Disclaimer though I realize tumblr is pretty... eh sometimes, that's why I'm so stoked about the new block feature on there lmao.
All I see out of Tumblr is whining and rhetoric. The place is intellectual cancer. A great deal of it's posts are literally the balled up social anxiety and angst of a thousand teenagers who are now 30 and can't get over things that happened in high school.

Just...Blechech. Tumblr, as a whole is on my blacklist.

I'm a sarcastic asshole and somebody who thrives as the devil's advocate so it takes a fair bit to get on my ignore list. Spamming is really the only way to get on there. Ignoring somebody is denying myself ammunition.

I use the function quite frequently honestly but I tend to do so with people who argue for arguing sake, people who use arguments that have no basis in logic whatsoever, and - most especially this! - raving fanboys. Want me to hate something real quick? Badger me about how amazing it is even after I tell you I'm not particularly interested.

I come on these sites to have fun. I don't feel like arguing or just plain being told I'm wrong because I disagree with you. I am here to make a few friends and write some stories. That's it. Outside of my friends I don't generally care about anyone's opinions on my stances/feelings/beliefs/opinions. So if they are goingto attack them I ignore them. Not saying I won't discuss those things but I'm not arguing them with a stranger for no reason. I have better things to do.

I have only used the ignore function two or three times ever on any forum or site. I feel like it is very rare that someone truly earns to be completely blocked off from contact with you. And I would feel terrible if someone who I blocked off turned out to be nice but just had a bad day, or that after I blocked them they were trying to apologize and it never made it to me. That being said if someone starts endless spamming me I will block them.

Roleplaying primarily ftm characters as a ftm guy means I tend to use the ''block'' button on sites pretty lovingly. For some reason people oftentimes seem dead-set on referring to my characters as girls (or even ME sometimes) even if I make it 100% clear that they're not, and it ends up kind of getting to me. Even though I try to be super patient, there's kind of a point where it goes from sheer, harmless ignorance to someone being obstinate, and I'd rather just block them than remain uncomfortable. Every time I try to duke it out further or tell someone it's making it impossible for me to enjoy the roleplay. it just ends in a pointless argument or a rude final reply from them.

I like to think that it's pretty hard to get on my ignore list, haha. I've always considered myself to be fairly laid back, however...

The easiest way to get on my ignore list is to spam me messages when I've said that I'm probably going to be doing something, and yet I'm still on the site. It's annoying, and it gives me a bad feeling about the person themselves. If you see me still browsing, then I obviously haven't started that activity yet (like cooking)! I am not under any obligation to tolerate your "go get started on x" posts, nor am I any under obligation to continue our conversation while I browse.

I consider myself fairly laidback...but rudeness will get you onto my ignore list fairly quickly.

The only time I put someone on ignore or block them is if they harass me. The only people I have blocked on here either refused to take no as an answer and kept bothering me, and someone who created multiple accounts to ask me for the same RP request.

I use the ignore list to manage the people I simply don't want to roleplay with, whether it's because they blatantly ignored my very short list of hard offs, or they gave me bad vibes. I also use it to keep away people that have been dick heads in the past to me. It helps a lot.

I very rarely ignore someone. I'm always willing to give out second and third chances, though if you blow those then you're definitely on ignore status. Another way to get on that list is to be disrespectful in constantly disappearing. I understand if there was some sort of emergency and all, that is not the disrespect I'm referring to. It's disappearing without notice, over and over again. I mean, it takes like 30 seconds to type out a simple message letting your partner know you'll be away. And it stings more when they have it in their threads ranting about how one should respect and notify them when the other needs to go on hiatus, yet don't commit to that rule themselves when the situation is reversed. Those sort of people get ignored by me. Better have a damn good apology if you want another shot at RPing with me. Yet forgiveness is always on the table.

It's usually very difficult to get on my ignore list. If you're being a douchebag during an rp (and there have been a few) I usually just stop responding and they don't barrage me with PM's. I've never been harassed here, thankfully and I hope it stays that way. Most people are very nice.

I don't really like the idea of putting people on ignore. Even if they are unpleasant to deal with they could someday say something important.

Miss Eleanora said:
I don't really like the idea of putting people on ignore. Even if they are unpleasant to deal with they could someday say something important.

I only block someone as a last resort, so if I've gotten to that point, there's no chance in hell I'd ever want to listen to anything they say.

SithLordOfSnark said:
Miss Eleanora said:

I only block someone as a last resort, so if I've gotten to that point, there's no chance in hell I'd ever want to listen to anything they say.

That's a fair point. I guess to make me block someone they would have to reach that level too. I would have to think they could say nothing of value.

I very much disagree.

When I was twenty, I joined a new RPing site after two years of avoiding RPing. I joined an RP with six other players quickly, putting up a character sheet for all to admire. It passed with flying colors. All...except one. She didn't like certain aspects of my sheet, and made no secret of her dissatisfaction. The two of us argued constantly for nearly two weeks, before everything went fairly quiet for a month. It was after that month that I got a PM from this girl. I can't recall the exact wording but it was something like 'Hey I like you and want to be your friend'. The two of us have been best friends for nearly ten years now, We have wasted thousands of hours in one another's company at this point. Were she in the same country as me, we probably would be dating. And this wondrous friendship, and the many others that sprouted from it, would have been denied if I had just hit the 'block' button.

Human beings are not monoliths. We do not strictly adhere to one mood or way of interacting with the world, even if most humans have a reasonably predictable pattern of behavior. However there are many things than can alter this pattern, ranging from a bad mood to medical ailments. I occasionally have migraines and act disagreeable. Should that *really* be justification for someone to block someone else? Even in the world without block buttons I grew up in, there were other ways to go about life. You can delete PMs. Ignore topics. Contact Admins. Report bad behavior, or even just turn the computer off.

In my experience, most 'blockings' are due just disagreements of opinion, that could be smoothed over if both sides took the time to talk. Most people you would actually want to avoid are pretty self-evident before the first message, or won't be stopped by a simple block. I just blocked someone for the first time a month ago. A troglodyte whose posted information made it very clear she hated this site and everyone on it. Still, she had some interesting ideas I wanted to try, so I approached her. We were a good month into our adventure, when work became far more demanding (happens at times in the medical field). I had warned this might happen, and that I would reply as soon as possible. I came back a week later to find she had been slandering me in my absence. That's likely the sole reason I would ever block someone, when a show of kindness is betrayed. Even then, I knew the warning signs were there. I knew what I was getting into

I'd like to conclude my disorganized speech with a quote. "You do not silence a man by blocking him, John Snow. You only prove that you fear what he has to say." You probably won't miss the hurtful comment the block button would potentially spare you from. But you might miss the apology that could make all the difference between you two.

I try to avoid blocking or ignoring people on forums. Usually if their behavior is that bad the mods will deal with them. Plus, people have bad days and screw up. It happens and I try to be understanding of anything they may be going through.

That said sometimes the block or ignore feature is the best option and I have to use it. Which sucks.

Yea...mines looking big right now.

I tend to use the ignore the block list who have wasted my time or got to a level of drama. I could even block the person who annoyed me for simplest shit, but that can be easily resolved if im having a good day - which they are removed afterwards. Or sometimes i would reset the whole ignore list since i forgiven away and no longer stressing. Overall my list is temporarily. Just a few months blocked.

However, i dont forget names or events so easily. Don't expect me to be nice; i still remember and always remember. I am sensitive and a firm believer of karma. For example, previous rps. If they flake out in a rp and happen to return, i will bark at you and report. Its disrespectful and wasting my time. I take writing and rping 100 serious. I love it. It cures my current depression; dont have many friends; not many to soicalize...its my greatest escape.

But flaking out...yea you might be blocked for a while.

Hmmm...I don't typically use it unless I absolutely have to. I've had on other sites just be...Stupid...Or at least super rude to me to the point I just don't wanna see their face >.>

But honestly its gotta be a big deal for me to put you on ignore. Obviously I joined like two days ago and I don't have an ignore list for BMR and its nothing I'd like to brag about having.

Now...Heh. If someone just drops an RP and goes off I don't block them. That to me isn't very practical as RP for most people is simply for fun and nothing else. However yeah its really rude to just...Vanish but I just drop the RP and shrug it off. If they wanna come back and continue it I'll think on it and say yes or no.

Again I think it should really be used only on major circumstances...I mean not so major that staff needs to be involved but you know. If someone was just an ass to you in PM but they didn't break incivility really or they just generally make you feel uncomfortable but not in the way staff needs to be brought down for I'd use it for that.

Or use it for someone you see around the forums and just don't like >.> I've done that a few times.

I do my best to be patient. I understand the demands of real life and a family all to well.

But when I reach out to someone with a PM expressing interest in something they asked for on a request thread, I expect a reply back before they bump the post, even if its to tell me they just arent interested. If they dont reply back in a reasonable amount of time, an entry is made in my "do not write with this person" log.

That was the main reason I left before. For every ten or so PMs I would send out, I would be lucky to get one reply. The rest would just ignore me, or hint that I am just supposed to "Go Away." That is cowardly in my eyes. I favor the direct approach.

I have had a few come back and try to fall on the sword "Perhaps I made a mistake, your writing is amazing, and I would like to..." No. I give no quarter here. You had your chance.

I have learned that this is a fundamental constant on all writings sites, and just embrace it as "a cost of doing business."

I also get a little miffed when an established RP is not replied to, but the writing partner bumps his or her request thread several times. Malicious ghosting is also a major pet peeve.

But yeah, those big three things are the fastest way to get on my ignore list.

Back
Top Bottom